Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Questions:
Firstly, does Mario w/ Lazers think he can ban people? (effectively that is)

Link
Secondly, I've a team to strategize against. I've two teams built to fight against the one in the link above, the first being an exact copy BUT Absol is replaced w/ scarf imposter ditto.
The other team is Rain Stall

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 64 SpA / 40 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 10 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Wish

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tell me what you think or if you've a better strategy to fight against the team in the link provided!

Thanks in advance,
~j

I've been wanting to post a lets play randomizer of emerald but i want to do it with screenshots. i'm sure i can do it with my desmume on the computer with screenshots. But i find it easier to play on my wii (vba emulator) is it possible to take screenshots through the wii? or am i just better off with desmume

Hello, I was wondering something concerning R/S/E. The internal battery has died in at least two of these (at least Ruby and Emerald), and I was wondering if this affected the Match Call/Trainer's Eyes in any way.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I was wondering something concerning R/S/E. The internal battery has died in at least two of these (at least Ruby and Emerald), and I was wondering if this affected the Match Call/Trainer's Eyes in any way.
The Trainer's Eyes/Match Call thing is not influenced by time, so the battery could be dried/dead/whatever, & you could still rematch regular trainers.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How do you get Togekiss to learn Air Slash, Aura Sphere etc? I have a Togetic now and was just wondering.
You have to evolve it and then heart scale the moves back onto Togekiss. In Gen 5, the move re-learner is in Mistralton (BW1) or at the PWT (BW2) AFAIR.

Just got a random Uxie from GTS...?

Hey guys, I'm new here, good to meet you all!

I just had something strange happen and wondered if anyone knew anything about it. I am putting some legal hacks into a team for some battling, and I'm using Pokegen + Simulator. I forgot to press submit on one of the pokemon, but i still went through the process not realizing this and got a random level 50 Uxie....I'm not complaining about it at all but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the hell just happened? Like does anyone know of a Uxie event going on or maybe it was just a fluke?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Hopkinc1 and welcome to Smogon!

I would recommend using the Simple Questions & Simple Answers thread here for things like this that don't need their own thread. However, discussion about hacks is against the rules of the Orange Islands. I will say though that lots of random junk can come from stuff like pokegen / pokesav or whatever so I wouldn't worry really about it

Another question - I know that HP remaining, Pokeball, status and catch rate affect a Pokemon's capture but do stat boosts affect it (like using Scary Face on it etc)? I seem to remember that it did but Bulbapedia didn't say (or I wasn't looking in the right place!)

Another question - I know that HP remaining, Pokeball, status and catch rate affect a Pokemon's capture but do stat boosts affect it (like using Scary Face on it etc)? I seem to remember that it did but Bulbapedia didn't say (or I wasn't looking in the right place!)
Plz dont shoot me if im wrong lol, but to my knowledge the stats dont affect the capture rate because each pokemon has a preset capture rate regardless of thier stats. (besides status effects and the other stuff you named)

So i believe no they do not affect it

I remember playing Emerald and remember hearing something like the Regis are hard to capture cos they have Clear Body and they can raise their stats using Amnesia which after a few boosts makes them almost impossible to capture. Maybe I dreamt that lol!

I remember playing Emerald and remember hearing something like the Regis are hard to capture cos they have Clear Body and they can raise their stats using Amnesia which after a few boosts makes them almost impossible to capture. Maybe I dreamt that lol!
I'm guessing whoever said that meant they were hard to catch because their boosts meant they could kill their team easily, not that it made them less likely to be caught.

Not sure if this is the right place but I had a question about N's Pokemon. I know they all have all 30 IV's but are their Natures fixed or do they change? Also can you get more than one of each Pokemon?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this is the right place but I had a question about N's Pokemon. I know they all have all 30 IV's but are their Natures fixed or do they change? Also can you get more than one of each Pokemon?
The natures are fixed, yes.
If you catch that particular Pokémon of N's ownership, then it will not re-appear in the wild, so there are only one of each of N's Pokémon.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if I should make a thread for this or not, but how the heck do you Sketch the move Metronome?

According to bulbapedia:

But this doesn't make any sense. If a pokemon is asleep, then Sketch takes the move used before it went to sleep (or else you'd just easily sketch explosion without having to go through all that effort). I'm mainly trying to figure this out for gen 3, but I can't imagine how it would work in gen 4 or 5.
I think bulbapedia explained it pretty well.

What you should do is get into a double battle, have your metronome user put to sleep, then when they are asleep use metronome. The move will 'fail' as they are asleep. On that same turn (if sketch user is slower), or next turn (if sketch user is faster) use sketch on the metronome user.

And there you have it! You should have just learned metronome!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Not sure if I should make a thread for this or not, but how the heck do you Sketch the move Metronome?

According to bulbapedia:

But this doesn't make any sense. If a pokemon is asleep, then Sketch takes the move used before it went to sleep (or else you'd just easily sketch explosion without having to go through all that effort). I'm mainly trying to figure this out for gen 3, but I can't imagine how it would work in gen 4 or 5.
I am pretty sure this is wrong... I am 100% sure I managed to directly Sketch Metronome from my own Clefable in a double battle. I then used this Smeargle to breed Metronome down to a Granbull with Close Combat...

I will test this again tonight and report back.

EDIT: I just went and tested this... Smeargle was faster than Clefable, so I attacked first with Close Combat... Metronomed with Clefable (Who Pulled Stomp) and the next turn I used Sketch on Clefable with Smeargle and Sketched Metronome, not the move that was called.

I see that gamestop has X and Y listed as being released 10/31/13. I have a few questions regarding this

1. Is this confirmed? Or has gamestop changed dates in the past?
2. Is this the same date it's being released in Japan or the rest of the world? Theoretically this should be yes, but see question 3.
3. Are you kidding me? So much for 'October', it's basically November at that point. I was expecting something at least more in the middle of the month, like around the 18th or 20th or something. (this is a rhetorical question by the way). However, if this is because they're for whatever reason releasing the games a couple weeks earlier in Japan vs. the rest of the world, I guess this makes sense. I'm still disappointed though :(

I see that gamestop has X and Y listed as being released 10/31/13. I have a few questions regarding this

1. Is this confirmed? Or has gamestop changed dates in the past?
2. Is this the same date it's being released in Japan or the rest of the world? Theoretically this should be yes, but see question 3.
3. Are you kidding me? So much for 'October', it's basically November at that point. I was expecting something at least more in the middle of the month, like around the 18th or 20th or something. (this is a rhetorical question by the way). However, if this is because they're for whatever reason releasing the games a couple weeks earlier in Japan vs. the rest of the world, I guess this makes sense. I'm still disappointed though :(
It's a placeholder. The system probably makes them enter a date, so they just choose a simple one. As far as I know, the date isn't known yet.

Pardon me
But how does one upload images from their computer into a message they are posting. The FAQ says something about a browse button, but I cannot locate it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Pardon me
But how does one upload images from their computer into a message they are posting. The FAQ says something about a browse button, but I cannot locate it.
You would have to upload to an image hosting site such as Imgur or Photobucket and then you get the link from the image by right clicking and selecting "Copy Image URL"

Then using the [*IMG][*/IMG] Tags (Minus the asterisks) you can insert this into you post :) Try and keep the resolution down a little but if you cant do that there are [*HIDE][*/HIDE] tags for spoilers/big images.

@The Date: I thought it was going to be the 6th of October for some reason...

Is it possible to soft reset for gender in Pokemon Colo or is that essentially impossible?
It's possible, but only for the first encounter, and it's a bitch to do. Save just before you fight the shadow trainer for the first time. Good luck, you will need it.

I have a question though, I've been thinking of a Pokemon to use for the Battle Hall. After considering my options, I thought of using either Garchomp or Porygon-Z. Not wanting to go the mainstream route of Garchomp, Porygon-Z it was. However, I am stuck between these sets to use. If you guys have a set suggestion, that'd be cool too.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPE
Adaptability
Tri Attack/Hidden Power Fire/Dark Pulse/Ice Beam

OR

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPE
Adaptability
Tri Attack/Psychic/Hidden Power Fire/Thunderbolt

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)