Normal Mono-Team

Changes in RED

I made this team since my friends and I are making mono-type teams for a tournament we made, just for fun and just to do it. What would be some better replacements, if any, to the Pokémon I currently have?
Note:No legendaries, please.

Ambipom @ Normal Gem -- Anti-Lead/Fast physical attacker
Technician
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Fake Out
~ Return
~ Low Kick
~ Acrobatics

Ambipomb is one of the most annoying anti-leads in the game thanks to his high Attack and Speed, great ability in Technician, and Fake Out. He also boasts solid coverage and utility moves such as Low Kick and U-Turn, which lets him keep momentum on his user's side.

Kangaskan @ Silk Scarf -- Physical sweeper
Scrappy
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~ Double-Edge
~ Drain Punch
~ Fake Out
~ Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan is probably the best pure-normal Physical Sweeper. She has great stats, a good Physical moveset, and most importantly a very exclusive ability in Scrappy. This lets her forego a coverage move just for Ghosts since she can pound them with a mighty STAB Return. She also has access to a good priority move in Sucker Punch.

Chansey @ Eviolite -- Special wall/support
Natural Cure
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

~ Softboiled
~ Stealth Rock
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic

Chansey is probably the most notable Normal type, and it serves a great purpose. Its massive Special bulk makes it one of the best walls in the game, and it provides incredible team support thanks to Wish and Stealth Rocks. Chansey has better overall bulk than Blissey, but both are fine choices for any team.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf -- Special attacker/sweeper
Adaptability
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Tri Attack
~ Dark Pulse
~ Hidden Power Fighting
~ Trick

Porygon-Z boasts some of the most powerful moves in the game thanks to his ridiculous Special Attack and amazing abilities in Adaptability and Download. He's easily the best special sweeper and wall breaker among the normals.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb -- Physical Attacker
Sap Sipper
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Return
~ Horn Leech
~ Nature Power
~ Wild Charge

My strategy here is to just be an all-out attacker with Sawsbuck, but I'm unsure of DE/Return & WC/Megahorn. Sawsbuck is the only dual-typed Normals (besides Normal/Flying) that's actually usable. Thanks to two stellar abilities in Sap Sipper and Chlorophyll, he can potentially become a potent weapon against opposing weather. His grass typing gives him a resistance to Water, Sun teams must be weary of Chlorophyll, and Tyranitar fears his mighty Jump Kick.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash -- Smash Passer
Own Tempo
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe

~ Shell Smash
~ Baton Pass
~ Spore
~ Ingrain

Smeargle is very strange and has horrible stats, but is notable because he learns basically every move in the game. This can lead to some awesome set ups, such as passing, Status spreading, or spiking. He is also the only Normal with access to Spikes or Toxic Spikes, making him a valuable asset to teams that require multiple hazards, although, this set is to use Shell Smash on my first turn, then Spore, then Ingrain. After that, I'll pass to either Kangaskhan or Sawsbuck.

Thank-you.

Hello :) you're whole team is weak to fighting, which is expected because you have a normal mono team so I would suggest Togekiss instead of Clefable because Chansey can give more health to your other pokemon with wish and eviolite makes it very bulky. On the other hand, if a pokemon has trick, it would be better to have Clefable. Here is a good moveset for Togekiss
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Timid
- Roost
- Nasty plot
- Aura Sphere
- Air slash
I hope I helped and good luck :D

Hello :) you're whole team is weak to fighting, which is expected because you have a normal mono team so I would suggest Togekiss instead of Clefable because Chansey can give more health to your other pokemon with wish and eviolite makes it very bulky. On the other hand, if a pokemon has trick, it would be better to have Clefable. Here is a good moveset for Togekiss
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Timid
- Roost
- Nasty plot
- Aura Sphere
- Air slash
I hope I helped and good luck :D
That's why I put, "The fighting weaknesses are obvious, but not sure if Porygon-Z's 4x weakness to Bug is really an issue or not." :P

I feel like I should replace Chansey instead of Clefable, since I replaced Wish with Softboiled...

Oh ok :P chansey and clefable are similar anyway so its really up to you
Only difference really, is Clefable is more weak to 2-3 types than Chansey is. I guess Chansey has a better moveset that I'd use anyway 'cause it can Toxic opponent & heal itself. On the other hand, Celfable doesn't get hurt by entry hazards...

Your only real chance of dealing with Fighting types would be through Normal/Flying & Normal/Psychic. Meloetta is the only real viable Normal/Psychic and I think the team would really benefit from it's presence. It has some nice bulk and special attack, and obviously STAB Psychic to deal with Fighting types.

Your only real chance of dealing with Fighting types would be through Normal/Flying & Normal/Psychic. Meloetta is the only real viable Normal/Psychic and I think the team would really benefit from it's presence. It has some nice bulk and special attack, and obviously STAB Psychic to deal with Fighting types.
My friends and I don't use legendaries.
Girafarig could be a Normal/Psychic, but what would be better: Girafarig or a Normal/Flying type?

Well clefable would be useful because there aren't any normal rapid spinners so it may be a better option but chansey can wall things like crazy

Since I can't find a legit Chansey with Wish, Protect is now useless really.
What's more important, though, using Toxic on Pokémon or using Wish & Heal Bell on Clefable for support?

I think that wish and heal bell would be better because your team is more offensive and your other pokemon would appreciate the support so I change my mind use clefable :)

And I think togekiss would be better because you could piss people off with air slash and serene grace :D

You should change the Smeargle set to this:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Spore
-Taunt / Aqua Ring
-Baton Pass

Pass 1 or 2 Quiver Dance boosts to Porygon-Z who carries LO instead of a Scarf, and you'll Sweep :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)