The Next Best Thing - Sawk [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: treecko's set would've been cool, but hardy isn't a great nature for serp (or anything honestly)

in this case I'm changing my vote to NeverUsedTier

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
NeverUsedTier

Everyone voting for Treecko should know this: Serperior can't learn refresh.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://pastebin.com/szhjx5vP

Treecko counted the votes nicely (since I'm unwell and typing it on iPhone). So add +1 to NeverUsedTier's score and he easily wins :3

Anyway next mon is the Simi's. So you can make a set applicable to any or all of them! You have two days~

Simipour/Simisear @Flying Gem
Ability: Torrent/Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Adamant/Jolly Nature
acrobatics
Waterfall/Fire Punch
Crunch
Brick Break/ Substitute
Circus Monkeys! While this set may seem outclassed by Acroblimp Drifblim, the Simis have one thing going for them: high speed. Each have their own Physical STAB, although slightly weaker, and Fighting/Dark coverage rounds it out. These 2 work well with a dedicated Special attacker that can stop Alonomola, such as Eelektross or Jynx. It's a really underrated set, and I feel it to be the next best thing.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Simisear @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam

this set is extremely powerful and can do a lot of damage to anything that isn't immune to fire blast after it sets up. at under twenty-five percent health left with the sun up, it hits as hard as choice specs solar power charizard. fire-types tend to force a lot of switches, so it's not that hard to set simisear up.

+1 252 SpA Blaze Simisear Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky in sun: 406-478 (95.75 - 112.73%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+1 252 SpA Simisear SolarBeam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Regirock: 322-380 (88.46 - 104.39%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO

+1 252 SpA Simisear SolarBeam vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 402-474 (85.35 - 100.63%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO

+1 252 SpA Blaze Simisear Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Braviary in sun: 471-555 (116.58 - 137.37%) -- guaranteed OHKO

To ease making up things a bit easier here are the exclusive moves for all the monkey's

Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Incinerate, Overheat, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp.

Scald, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Blizzard, Dive, Hail, Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Surf.

Seed Bomb, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Worry Seed, Energy Ball, Flash, Solarbeam, Sunny Day.

Simisage @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot
- Substitute/Focus Blast
- Hone Claws

With a Hone Claws boost, Gunk Shot has pretty respectable power and accuracy, able to hit many Pokemon neutrally and able to 2HKO physically defensive Tangela, which is something most physical attackers can't claim to accomplish. The Grass/Poison combo is really nice, but it can't get past Steel types, so Focus Blast will help you if you have trouble on that front. This set can't do anything to physically defensive poison types, so keep that in mind.

+1 252 Atk Simisage Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 270-318 (50.56 - 59.55%) -- 78.52% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Simisage Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Wartortle: 180-212 (55.9 - 65.83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Tangela: 185-218 (55.55 - 65.46%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Regirock: 226-268 (62.08 - 73.62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Simisage Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Bastiodon: 281-333 (86.72 - 102.77%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Simisage @ Flying Gem
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

~ Acrobatics
~ Seed Bomb
~ Substitute / Low Kick
~ Endeavor

I wish I could remember who posted the idea for this set first. Whoever did, it's awesome, so thanks for that :). (Thanks to Sweet Jesus, btw. This set is much more effective with Simipour, so yeah.)

Simisage has always been my favorite of the Ape-Trio. I mean look at him, he's a badass! Aside from that, I really love Grass- / Flying- / Fighting- coverage, as it allows you to hit near anything in the tier for a good chunk of damage. For starters, you see the Flying Gem, and many of you may roll your eyes and say "we all saw this one coming.", but I dare to say that it's different, mainly for the use of Endeavor and Substitute. The combination of two puts Simisage into Overgrow range quickly and safely, as most of the time he's going to be behind a sub before he Endeavors. The EVs are pretty standard, maximizing Attack and Speed with some Defense to make more subs and such. Jolly nature is for the extra Speed, which I prefer on my Simi personally. But if you feel like you want to go with Adamant, then be my guest. Acrobatics is a big part of the set; with it, it hits Scolipede extremely hard, probably OHKOing standard Offensive Spikes variants (I need to calc when I get home, so bear with me.). It also has great synergy with Seed Bomb. With Seed Bomb, Simisage's STAB, I hit many dangerous mons such as Carracosta and Golurk for SE Damage. Substitute is first, as it helps Simi avoid burns and get to Overgrow faster. Low Kick, however, can be used if you hate Steel-Types that much and don't want them stopping your sweep. Endeavor remedies this, however, as it whiddles them down with you to low HP, making it easier to wipe them out with Seed Bomb.

As mentioned by the original poster, a fantastic partner is Rocky Helmet Carracosta, who can set up rocks and weaken the Fire- and Flying- Types that endanger Simisage and prevent it from sweeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)