Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be kind of weird if you could only ride a goat in the city :S If it's allowed there, you would think it would be allowed everywhere but in buildings. Or water lol.

So Parting Shot looks more relatable to Baton Pass, since the user switches out and by the end of the attack, there's a Pokemon on the field that has stat changes.

I like the idea of having a key item that lets you use a Pokemon outside of battle instead of an HM. Wouldn't it be terrible to have Ride/Mountaineer taking up a move slot only to enrich the experience of moving around?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
So, JoshuaMunoz originally brought this up a couple days ago, but it seems like it got passed over for the most part. But I came across a fan-interpretation of the little guys and figured it's worth sharing.

I may not be a fan of Gogoat, but that pre-evo is adorable!

I'm pretty sure that Pancham, if it gets Prankster, will be the new Day 1 Whimsicott: On every team, its weakness is exploited, and then everyone uses the new Dragon type.

You can clearly see the male chara's rollerblades in that image with the Gokids (Gogoat, but in child/kid form. That's my name for them and I'm stickin' to it.) Skating as a means of transportation is definately confirmed now?

You can clearly see the male chara's rollerblades in that image with the Gokids (Gogoat, but in child/kid form. That's my name for them and I'm stickin' to it.) Skating as a means of transportation is definately confirmed now?
I'd hope that was confirmed when we saw the protagonist skating in the original trailer

In the Original Post - in the What We Know section - it says that there are Pokemon from Generation 1-5 that are going to get evolutions in Generation 6.

Is there any proof of that? I didn't hear any confirmation on it. Can anyone link it if there is such proof?

[EDIT] - how can i forget sylveon. -.-

In the Original Post - in the What We Know section - it says that there are Pokemon from Generation 1-5 that are going to get evolutions in Generation 6.

Is there any proof of that? I didn't hear any confirmation on it. Can anyone link it if there is such proof?
--->

New evolutions to old 'mons in a new Gen are like Lay's. Can't have just one. At least that's what the OP assumes.

The Kalos region looks so BIG. So many places to explore, and so many caves (and streams)... I wonder if those clouds are there for a particular reason (aka hiding something). Also I can't even make out an obvious way around, so hopefully the game isn't as linear as BW.

I like the idea of using that giant white city as a hub of sorts. New areas will open up later in the game, and you'll have to back-track sometimes, etc. Makes the region and traveling more dynamic. Also having plenty of optional areas is always something I enjoy.

I'm curious where that road/rail goes. It just kinda disappears underground... And how do you suppose we get to that giant castle on the hill? It's obviously connected to that area with the stairs via a cave, but how do you access that area? There is a hole in the center of it.

(Also I totally predicted Fairy type months ago)

Here's a bit of information that's pretty big so I hope it's alright if I post it:

Apparently, the source who was giving WPM of Pokebeach the Information got caught by the TPCi. However, WPM Will be releasing the Remaining information from the source that's now lost. Here's the full story, scroll down if you must: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info?pid=2435042#pid2435042

As for when Pokemon Smash airs:
Pokémon Smash airs in Japan from 7:30 am to 8:30 am (one hour) on Sunday (Japan's time zone is about half of a day ahead of the United States' time zones, so it would be Saturday afternoon in the US while it's Sunday morning in Japan.)

According to all of this, WPM will be releasing information Very Soon.

Here's a bit of information that's pretty big so I hope it's alright if I post it:

Apparently, the source who was giving WPM of Pokebeach the Information got caught by the TPCi. However, WPM Will be releasing the Remaining information from the source that's now lost. Here's the full story, scroll down if you must: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info?pid=2435042#pid2435042

As for when Pokemon Smash airs:
Pokémon Smash airs in Japan from 7:30 am to 8:30 am (one hour) on Sunday (Japan's time zone is about half of a day ahead of the United States' time zones, so it would be Saturday afternoon in the US while it's Sunday morning in Japan.)

According to all of this, WPM will be releasing information Very Soon.
I don't think there was much information left. The person who was leaking it only gave it to two people (WPM and a another friend). After this happened, the other friend came out and released a few other tidbits of information, but admitted that this was all he had left:
  • There will be a BP 60 Fairy move that restores 100% of the damage it deals as HP to the user (he thinks it was called Draining Kiss)
  • There will also be a Poison-type move that requires the user to consume a berry. The guy took this to mean that berries must be more readily renewable, but I doubt that (Natural Gift does the same thing, even when they weren't)
  • He knew a bit about Pancham's evolution, but not much. All I remember him saying was it had a crotch-tuft too
  • You get a free Kanto starter from another professor. If I remember he said this happens within the main game
  • Gogoat is the only rideable Pokemon
At this point, this situation is pretty much fact. It seems that Fairy-type is real, with those resistances and immunities. I suppose now's a time to discuss these new elements?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
@Junichi_Masuda 5月19日(日)のポケモンスマッシュ!にマスダ出てます!みなさん見て下さい!!! youtu.be/BFaS_4TRnH4 @youtubeさんから
Masuda tweeted.
Going to be on Pokemon Smash, 19th May!
Everyone please see/ watch!
[link] for those on youtube.

-----------------

I hope he doesn't troll us by only showing what's on CoroCoro =__=

so basically...AFTER ALL THAT and losing contact with the guy...everything that was leaked...WAS REAL!!??!
PokéBeach.com said:

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
ALL OF THIS IS LEGIT!!!!!

Which means...Fairy is real...the type chart WILL be updated and Dragons will finally fall from their peak...and we will be able to acquire a Kanto started form some Professor...oh man.
I just cannot wait to see this EV training facility!

Despite this series of drama, we sadly can't know if every single detail is true. Might it be? Yes, it may be. Might the guy have just disapeared on his own? He may. Might the 'original source' have play tested and ended up with some early game info? He may. Of course it's also possible that they play tested from start to finish, or even that he did some kind of art work for the english portion of the game and got shut up. I suppose if anything this does give him/her more credit.

Some serious conclusions being jumped to in this thread imo.
I agree. I haven't seen anything indicating that those rumours are 100% true yet.

Anyway, if Fairy is a genuine new type, well if it is SE against Dragon then won't that make Ice types pretty much useless?

I mean, the fact that Ice is currently the only type SE against Dragon (other than Dragon itself) kind of makes up for the fact that it has loads of weaknesses and generally poor defences; its cons are balanced out by pros. If the rumours about Fairy are all true, then we have a type with those same pros but without any of those major cons, which essentially makes Ice a completely pointless type.

A new type could have finally fully balanced out the type chart, but IF these rumours are true then it will just create more imbalance, which will annoy me -.-

Or, maybe I'm wrong and I'm missing something; if so, point out what please. :)

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
I agree. I haven't seen anything indicating that those rumours are 100% true yet.

Anyway, if Fairy is a genuine new type, well if it is SE against Dragon then won't that make Ice types pretty much useless?

I mean, the fact that Ice is currently the only type SE against Dragon (other than Dragon itself) kind of makes up for the fact that it has loads of weaknesses and generally poor defences; its cons are balanced out by pros. If the rumours about Fairy are all true, then we have a type with those same pros but without any of those major cons, which essentially makes Ice a completely pointless type.
:)
I think not so, at least on the competitive metagame since many Dragon-types are 4x weak to Ice, and Ice would thus hit them harder than Fairy. So unless Fairy hits another common type for super-effective damage (such as Water, Steel or Fighting) or hits another type that Ice-type hits for super-effective damage, Fairy will not outclass Ice as a coverage type.

Sheesh, does this really bother you? This thread has slowed down so much, relatively, that it will probably only be like 1 page back by the time it airs.
Not talking about having it in the thread. Just in general it's odd/pointless for them to have the stream turned on this far ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)