Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for Giritina-O for too long. The tier IMO needs an offensive Ghost-type outside of LameGar that can counteract some Super-powerful Extremespeed sweepers out there. And just as Imanalt mentioned, he is a great Pokemon to use against Imposters!

Frankly, I believe that if we are going to allow Darmanitan-Z into the tier as a form, then on the same grounds we should allow Arceus. Darmanitan-Z essentially goes through the same check as an Arceus form does (ie. an ability check) but with the additional condition of holding on to a type of item. Now I can understand if the game can not keep a permaform of an Arceus-type without the plate would be grounds for a "ban", but I think the addition of "usable" Arceus-formes would really spice up the metagame. To be frank, I don't think the Arceus sprite thing will really be game changing for the metagame as your advertise it. Already having your Ability Slot + Item Slot (which is more important in BH than in other metas) nailed down means the bluff won't add nearly enough viability to typed Arceuses to make them common enough for the mechanic to really come into play.

I'm torn.

On one hand, I'm excited to see Gira-o in the tier, on the other hand - the Arceus changes make me want to puke.

Arceus will be the only pokemon in the entire game that you won't know it's typing, no one else gets that sort of advantage.

IF there was a voting option, my vote would go towards adding Gira-o/meleotta/darmZ and leaving the Arceus changes out.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
frankly, i dont see darm-z or meloetta-p having a particularly large impact, but gira-o will have a very pronounced impact on the metagame. it FINALLY gives us a good option for an offensive ghost other than gengar, and since it can run judgment with spooky or draco plate, can do the same thing gengar does against imposters! However gira-o also has enormous bulk to help it set up, as well as not being weak to nature power like gengar was.
I dunno about the rest of you but im looking forward to meloetta-p, ima sweep your faces XD

Does Giratina-O come with levitate and have another ability? If not, i don't think giratina will be that good, except as a gengar replacement.

There is no way to have two abilities on one Pokemon as of right now so... No? I don't know what would have given you the idea that it was.

Also there are no choices to get this changed, all of them are going to be implemented as you've seen in my post previous. If they're found to be broken, they'll get tested and banned. If not, then they won't... Simple as that.

Zarel agreed that there should not be any "insta-bans" from the new list of Pokemon joining the game, and I'm surprised you're all up in arms against a Pokemon that you've been battling for ages without problems in the first place. :P

Edit: Also, all of the changes are now implemented into PS! so go on and start making teams~

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Honestly, though, Giratina-O is a tiny change. 120 instead of 100 offensive stats, 100 instead of 120 defensive stats. People use Gengar because it's tied with Froslass for the fastest Ghost that doesn't have Multitype; Giratina-O won't change that.

EV

Banned deucer.
Honestly, though, Giratina-O is a tiny change. 120 instead of 100 offensive stats, 100 instead of 120 defensive stats. People use Gengar because it's tied with Froslass for the fastest Ghost that doesn't have Multitype; Giratina-O won't change that.
Exactly what I was thinking! >_>

EV

Banned deucer.
Frankly I'd rather hit something with base 150 or 170 Atk/SpA than 120, especially if it still only has base 90 Speed.

Kyurem-W is as expected a BEAST in this metagame. Just keep clicking Draco Meteor on the Scarf Set.
Gastro Acid and Skill Swap is fun as well, loved trolling Scarf Blissey with Skill Swap Truant Slaking.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
IF there was a voting option, my vote would go towards adding Gira-o/meleotta/darmZ and leaving the Arceus changes out.
Arceus (any type) was usable a long time ago and was not considered broken. That being said the metagame was very different back then and the sprite did identify the type, so for now its best to just wait and see.

Arceus (any type) was usable a long time ago and was not considered broken. That being said the metagame was very different back then and the sprite did identify the type, so for now its best to just wait and see.
I think arceus being able to switch types without multitype/plate would be a great thing, it would introduce a fair amount of diversity.

The problem I have is that this is NOT that change.

All this does to arceus is hide it's type while still burdening it with multitype/plate which is what's holding back any real innovative sets. We still will only see normalceus with a spare few ghostceus because its the only set that benefits from it.

Kyurem-W is as expected a BEAST in this metagame. Just keep clicking Draco Meteor on the Scarf Set.
Gastro Acid and Skill Swap is fun as well, loved trolling Scarf Blissey with Skill Swap Truant Slaking.
Unaware Empoleon with QD is gonna be sweeeeeet against that.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Unaware is a great way to counter Kyurem-W. I've been using Unaware Ferrothorn (all of my teams fold to Rain if I don't have it), and Unaware Empoleon (lie BZ stated) also works. Neither like Trick though.
Gastro Acid is reflected by Magic Bounce, making it risky. Skill Swap is more reliable, but you have to be careful to not give your opponent an ability they can use. Truant Skill Swap and similar strategies are usually ineffective in the long-term, since switching out can restore the original ability and some Pokemon-specific abilities can't be swapped. Also, how does Skill Swap Slaking do anything against Imposter users? Sure you're trying to get rid of Truant, but you're getting Truant back.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unaware ferro loves overheat and unaware empy loves volt switch....

Unaware lugia and cress are the best two answers to it, but even theyre shaky with hazards

EV

Banned deucer.
Unaware ferro loves overheat and unaware empy loves volt switch....

Unaware lugia and cress are the best two answers to it, but even theyre shaky with hazards
I don't like my Unaware Mon weak to Stealth Rock. I tend to favor Arceus. It's fast and still very bulky.

Imanalt

252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Normal: 195-231 (43.91 - 52.02%) -- 78.52% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 162-192 (38.94 - 46.15%) -- 96.88% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 184-217 (41.44 - 48.87%) -- 21.48% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

so basically with sr and no spikes, cress > arceus > lugia but with any spikes lugia becomes better than arceus, and with no sr lugia is the best. arceus has the advantage of better defensive synergy with giratina, being neutral to all of giratina's weaknesses and having giratina resist its sole weakness, but the somewhat lower bulk is really a disappointment for arceus. Which is why I tend to prefer cress or lugia, but arceus is definitely viable, beating and being beaten by different threats.

Unaware chansey is the best kyurem-w counter. Unaware jirachi in rain is also very good.
I'd suggest that people try out metal burst on slow unaware mons. Chansey is the best user of the move, and it does a massive amount of damage due to chansey's high hp, and lets you defeat stuff like gengar, contrary mons, and anything that can't kill you in one hit.

Imanalt

unaware chansey is alright, but because it is relatively weak on the physical side, it has some issues as a teams main counter to set up sweepers, as nearly half of all set up sweepers can punch through it with physical moves. It also doesnt appreciate trick from kyurem-w, although not much does... Unaware rachi in rain is a good idea, but seems a little bit frail against a lot of other things, and its reliance on rain doesnt help.

Imanalt

How about... Unaware Registeel???
With both defenses being 150, this thing is nothing short of BEASTLY.
Except for a low hp ruining it this wpuld be great... As it is though, its less bulky than any of arceus, cress, and lugia and has an argubly worse type for an unaware mon because of a dostressingly large number of common weaknesses

EV

Banned deucer.
How about... Unaware Registeel???
With both defenses being 150, this thing is nothing short of BEASTLY.
I used a Flash Fire Registeel to some effect. Of course watch out for Nature Power/EQ and Fighting.

You can only really tank and support with it, though, as it's too slow and weak offensively to do anything else. As such it is easily overpowered.

But I liked its utility in absorbing Contrary V-create and walling most Ho-ohs.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Unaware ferro loves overheat and unaware empy loves volt switch....]
252+ SpA Kyurem-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Empoleon: 162-192 (43.54 - 51.61%) -- 10.94% chance to 2HKO

Empoleon might not love Volt Switch, but he can set up a QD on the switch, giving him the special attack to sweep and the special defense to not be revenge killed (252+ SpA Kyurem-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 252 SpD Empoleon: 108-128 (29.03 - 34.4%) -- 4.57% chance to 3HKO)

I've found this set to be a particularly effective Chansey/Blissey counter, and have swept teams with it.

Slaking/Regigigas @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper/Vital Spirit
Happiness: 1
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Shadow Claw
- Shift Gear/Spore
- Softboiled

The beauty of this set is the simple fact that most players don't touch their happiness rating, which when brought down to 1 makes frustration hit at 102 power but an Imposter will only have 1 power against you, and shadow claw won't damage your Slaking/Regigigas. I prefer Shift Gear for the speed and power and Softboiled for the recover, but the last two slots really are up to preference. The ability, Sap Sipper is to counter Spore, and I recently learned that Vital Spirit/Insomnia allows the user to wake up in one turn if they are put to sleep (ex by Mold Breaker Deo-S). Both are effective, and perhaps other abilities like Magic Bounce could prove to be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)