The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So I saw the thread "The most facepalm worthy thing you have done in Pokemon", and seems that a lot of us have those sad memories...
then I wonder :

Do you have any unexpected victories that made you really happy, or something you just did that you feel like epic?

------------------------------------

Whilst I personally haven't tried amazing stuff like winning E4 with Level 1 Pokemons, this is some little thing to start you off with:

I was battling the BW fighting Elite 4, he used Nageki,
and I pulled out my L39 Drifblim out of curiosity.
I laughed so hard when I see Nageki could only use Grass Knot on my Drifblim.
(Walkthroughs weren't out at that time)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Once I had to defeat Bugsy with a Magikarp, a Togepi that could only use Metronome and Bellsprout with Vine Whip and the three powders.

Bellsprout and Magikarp were dead, only scyther was alive, at full health and paralyzed, my togepi was in red health.

I used Metronome
Waggling a finger let Togepi use Sheer Cold
The Foes Scyther fainted

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Beating Nimbasa gym in B2W2 challenge mode without any ground/rock pokemon and without any electric resist. using only 3 pokemon and no healing/status remove items.

Oh yeah... not to mention all my pokemon were ~ lvl 25 and less, while she had 4 lvl 30+ pkmn.

not elite 4 quality, but pretty damn much a win.

EDIT: just for the record. Volt Switch is a bitch and Emolga is cheap shit.

This is a competitive battle but still...

I had an Umbreon left, while my opponent had a SD Lickilicky and a Slaking left. My Umbreon was unable to hurt Lickilicky as it goes to +6. With Lickilicky at +6, I have a really slim chance of winning this match. I then just went for Protect because it is a habit and I want to scout, then suddenly, he used Explosion! I was laughing so hard, but then I realized he still had his Slaking, and Umbreon can't live a hit at the amount of HP I am at. But Slaking goes for GIGA IMPACT, and MISSES, and Payback from Umbreon finished it off, winning me the match.

This match occurred like a year ago, and it's the only one I really remembered well.

Oh, and also, I had this battle with my Samurott missing 3 Megahorns in a row, but I still managed to win the match because of Choice Scarf Primeape knocking the remaining 4 of his mons :)

and yes i battled noobs.

I beat Red (in HeartGold) with a Little Cup team. (Flawed win, though, because it required a Max Elixir early on, and I thinko'd at the end and Revive-stalled down his last Pokémon rather than cleanly Destiny Bonding it out like I was planning.)

The crazy thing is, on the way up to meet him (with help from the Smoke Ball so I could actually run from wild battles), I met a natural shiny. I don't think I've ever had a more justified situation to use my Master Ball. (Then I saved, and kept right on going. Incidentally, that shiny is the reason HeartGold is the only game I know my SID for, so it's been the key to getting future shinies.)

Zekrom actually is freaking easy to catch, so that is not too big of a merit. Also catching shiny with full health isn't anything impressive, it depends.

I once found a shiny Chansey in the Safari Zone. I only had one Ball left. Hoping I wouldn't screw up, I threw the Ball.
One shake.
Two shakes.
Three shakes.
Congratulations, you caught Chansey.
I was the happiest person that day.

VS Cynthia in Pearl.

My last Pokémon versus her last Pokémon, Lucario.

I had quite a bit HP left, so no worries. Then her Lucario crits and I still have 1 hp left... Next turn, I find that I don't have any health thingies left, so I decide to attack. It didn't kill. I knew I was done for but then... her Lucario misses and I win the match!

Cresselia~~

I beat Red (in HeartGold) with a Little Cup team. (Flawed win, though, because it required a Max Elixir early on, and I thinko'd at the end and Revive-stalled down his last Pokémon rather than cleanly Destiny Bonding it out like I was planning.)

The crazy thing is, on the way up to meet him (with help from the Smoke Ball so I could actually run from wild battles), I met a natural shiny. I don't think I've ever had a more justified situation to use my Master Ball. (Then I saved, and kept right on going. Incidentally, that shiny is the reason HeartGold is the only game I know my SID for, so it's been the key to getting future shinies.)
In triple battle of PWT, Red's Blastoise almost always locks on Water Spout...
... when I am using Hydreigon, Dry Skin Jynx and Water Absorb Jellicent...

I really wonder why though.
After I changed Hydreigon's move pool, Blastoise started locking on Focus Blast.
(I changed Focus Blast into U-turn)

I once found a shiny Chansey in the Safari Zone. I only had one Ball left. Hoping I wouldn't screw up, I threw the Ball.
One shake.
Two shakes.
Three shakes.
Congratulations, you caught Chansey.
I was the happiest person that day.
Totally the opposite of this unfortunate guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0W6Rueog1g

when i ran in to and caught a legit shiny groudon. me and my friends christened it 'the golden groudon'. then a few weeks later i restarted it cos i was bored and they basically mourned it

It happened in Volt White, a White hack where weak pokemon are buffed. For example, Ledian can have iron fist (its actual dream world ability), has base 90 att and learns all the cool punching moves by level up. I used one in my team and when I fought Ghetsis, he had a Genesect who got the special att boost from download. I sent out Ledian, Genesect used ice beam and when the HP bar went down, I thought "Ledian, you have pretty good special defense, you can take this hit I know you can do it, take the hit, take the hit ! It survived with 2 HP and killed the Genesect with a fire punch ! It's not everyday you see a Ledian killing a Genesect :D.

*sigh* Long story, but whatever. :p

Mine was definitely at the 2012 VGC. There was some guy being a total asshole at my Regionals, calling other players noobs, idiots, mocking them, and just overall being a jerk. My friend and I went together to the VGCs and she had to battle against him. After I had finished my match, I went up to my friend to see how she was doing and she was crying. Her opponent had called her a stupid beyotch and was making fun of her because she was a girl. This made me really mad, but luckily enough, for the next match, it was my turn to face him. He had a Rain team, which I was prepared for (all of my battles at this point had been against Rain). I was using a Tailwind team consisting of: Samurott, Lucario, Heatran, Zapdos, Tornadus-I, and Cresselia. It was a long battle, but I eventually won. When I told my friend, she was really happy for me. It felt even better knowing I got my revenge (and a lot of other people were giving me major props for beating him). It was easily the highlight of my day.

Another time, I caught a shiny Zapdos in SoulSilver. :D

Cresselia~~

*sigh* Long story, but whatever. :p

Mine was definitely at the 2012 VGC. There was some guy being a total asshole at my Regionals, calling other players noobs, idiots, mocking them, and just overall being a jerk. My friend and I went together to the VGCs and she had to battle against him. After I had finished my match, I went up to my friend to see how she was doing and she was crying. Her opponent had called her a stupid beyotch and was making fun of her because she was a girl. This made me really mad, but luckily enough, for the next match, it was my turn to face him. He had a Rain team, which I was prepared for (all of my battles at this point had been against Rain). I was using a Tailwind team consisting of: Samurott, Lucario, Heatran, Zapdos, Tornadus-I, and Cresselia. It was a long battle, but I eventually won. When I told my friend, she was really happy for me. It felt even better knowing I got my revenge (and a lot of other people were giving me major props for beating him). It was easily the highlight of my day.

Another time, I caught a shiny Zapdos in SoulSilver. :D
That's horrid of him.
I thought you could inform the staff with behaviour like that.

Laughing at girls? I personally do not tolerate that.

I can't remember any true (oldschool) epic-win moments, but I personally enjoyed my battle tower moments in Platinum.

Mainly a Choice Band Infernape OHKO'ing Slaking, Umbreon, and most notably Tycoon's Regigigas, with Close Combat.

I felt accomplished.

Not an epic tale of having one pokemon left against 6 and winning or whatever but nothing yet has topped my first victory which was just my Kingler sweeping the other team, i'm new to competitive battling but still was proud of that one

I was at Mt.Cornet on my Pokemon Platinum, and i was looking for a abomasnow for a hail team i was making on my Pokemon Black.I went into the Grass and Kept finding Useless other pokemon.Then i finally found one and it was shiny.Also, in the same day i was training my pokemon using the Vs Seeker by SunnyShore and accidently went into the Grass and found a shiny Electabuzz i saved after that and i was so HAPPY.Few Seconds L8tr i found a Shiny Floatzel.

HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE (=
(on Pokemon)

Also After i caught the Abomasnow only had 2 pokeballs left so i caught all of them on my First Try.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was chaining for a shiny Shinx in platinum, I kept messing up around ~35 or so, then on my next one around 11 I had a random encounter with one. Caught it with a premier ball (couldn't decide which was the best for it), it was adamant with nice IV's. He's my favourite ever

Ah jeez, there are quite a few. I guess this one stands out the most.

I'm in the Battle Dome, Round 10, the battle with Tucker, the fight for what was my 4th Gold Medal for the Emerald Battle Frontier. I had lost before quite a few times just before actually fighting him, so tension was building. My team was Slaking, Umbreon and Gengar. After careful consideration, I chose Umbreon to go first and Slaking to go second.

I head to the dome arena, waiting for Tucker to finish his fabulous dance. After he finished, the battle begins! He sends out his signature Pokemon, Swampert. Swampert wasn't difficult to take down at all. Toxic, Protect, Moonlight when needed, boom, done like dinner in about 10 turns. After easily killing his Swampert, I hoped he would send out his Latias so I can snag an easy victory.

However, he did not. He instead sent out his Metagross. My first reaction was "aw fuck". I tried to use Taunt to prevent it from blocking Slaking with Protect, but he used Protect against the Taunt. Tried again and then swapped out Slaking. On the switch out, Slaking eats a Meteor Mash to the face. It doesn't kill her though, leaving her at exactly 1/2 HP.

I select Earthquake. With a Choice Band, I was positive Metagross would go down and the medal would be mine. But alas, Metagross had very, very little HP left, no more than 10% at absolute most. I thought I was screwed, that was it, I thought that I'd have to go through all the fucking hell AGAIN. I close my eyes, and wait for the sound of Slaking to faint.

I waited 5 seconds. Nothing. No sound of Slaking dying or Meteor Mash hitting Slaking's huge goddamn stomach. Meteor Mash had MISSED!

Almost shitting myself at this point, I switch out Slaking for Umbreon and have him eat a Meteor Mash to the face. He lives with enough HP though, but not before Metagross nags an attack boost. I use Taunt one last time, so I won't get Protected against. Tucker must have wised up, as he used Earthquake this time to kill my Umbreon.

I sent out Slaking now, debating what move to choose. Would I get Quick Claw'd if I chose Earthquake? Or would Fire Blast miss? I ended up choosing Shadow Ball, and closed my eyes again. I hear the sound of a Metagross fainting, and then shortly after, victory music.

I had done it. I had won the Battle Dome gold symbol from the most intense battle I've had.

so i'm watching titanic and playing pearl, right (my friend told me to watch it because i hadn't and i need to be doing something with my hands {not like that [because then i can't focus on the movie :naughty:]} in order to pay attention)

i'm at spear pillar and have just engaged palkia, and my gut reaction whenever i see a wild poke is to throw a quick ball when i have one, even if it's at a legend and will never work.

one shake.
"darn, just wasted a ball"

two shake.
"wow, that was lucky"

three shake.
"k, it's gonna break out"

click

"...thank you, jack."
;o;

of course i had to name palkia after this momentous occasion.

Cresselia~~

I was at Mt.Cornet on my Pokemon Platinum, and i was looking for a abomasnow for a hail team i was making on my Pokemon Black.I went into the Grass and Kept finding Useless other pokemon.Then i finally found one and it was shiny.Also, in the same day i was training my pokemon using the Vs Seeker by SunnyShore and accidently went into the Grass and found a shiny Electabuzz i saved after that and i was so HAPPY.Few Seconds L8tr i found a Shiny Floatzel.

HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE (=
(on Pokemon)

Also After i caught the Abomasnow only had 2 pokeballs left so i caught all of them on my First Try.
With that frequency,
I think it's because you hit a lovely seed number for RNG that day.
(Random Number Generator)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)