New version

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I have an article about the new version here:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/news/version0.9

But in case you wanted some place to discuss it, have a thread about it.

FAQ

Q: Will you support custom backgrounds?
A: Yes, eventually. Right now you can just choose between waterfall and solid blue.

Q: Will you bring back Meloetta?
A: Yes, eventually. Keep an eye out!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All I have to say is...

I'm famous!

(excellent work Zarel! All major improvements and pretty much everything that I've thought would be great but too lazy to suggest.)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
What excellent posts our mods make, eh what?
I really like the 5-column team list though, thanks Zarel/Cathy/bmelts/Marty/Zrack/Rising_Dusk (oh wait he's gone ;-;)/Joim/Kyle_Dove/Yilx/TI/other cool peeps n_n

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks so much to everyone that worked on this, the result is truly amazing. Great job :)

This version looks far more aesthetically pleasing than the last one, and runs much faster. Everything looks so much nicer.

Fantastic job!

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They do indeed sound like cool people!

Hard to believe it's still the beta. This has really brought PS beyond perfection.

I thought it looked like meh at first but now I really enjoy it. Once I changed the background back to blue and noticed I could disable animations etc I began to realize it's a major improvement. I haven't used the teambuilder yet so I'm not sure if that's changed, but everything I've seen so far is really nice. Great job.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The background. It's just so frickin beautiful. On an alternative note, more than one PM box can be on-screen at a time, which I find rather nice. I, no wait, most of the entire PS! community- heck even most of Smogon probably- expected great things from you Zarel, and you most certainly did not disappoint. Keep up the amazing work, and I can't wait to see what the full version brings!

EDIT: The teambuilder is basically the same, except you can move and erase individual Pokemon.

I love the great strides that the UI is making. Let's hope things continue!

I've already started playing with custom CSS for it. :)

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes, a filtered list for all of my spectating needs! :D Awesome additions in all other areas as well. I applaud everyone who was involved in this.

I thought it looked like meh at first but now I really enjoy it. Once I changed the background back to blue and noticed I could disable animations etc I began to realize it's a major improvement. I haven't used the teambuilder yet so I'm not sure if that's changed, but everything I've seen so far is really nice. Great job.
the teambuilder has the ability to move and delete Pokemon, PP for moves, and most importantly SLIDEY EVs!

anyways, the improvements are beyond belief. 10/10 would play again

When I first got on Showdown today, I was surprised, and a bit worried that the new format might be confusing, but it's definitely a great improvement!

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thanks Zarel/Cathy/bmelts/Marty/Zrack/Rising_Dusk (oh wait he's gone ;-;)/Joim/Kyle_Dove/Yilx/TI/other cool peeps n_n
This is GREAT :D! It's just so much better and amazing and awesome and enthralling and I just can't stop ranting on about how fucking epic it is.

The impossible happened: PS! just got better.

It works more smoothly and freezes up less than than the old one, so I like it! If only there were more backgrounds than "Waterfall" and "Solid Blue"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)