Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smash revealed nothing new, only talked about Helioptile, Parabolic Charge and the Mewtwo event. Even that Sylveon sketch only had Shokotan singing "NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NINFIA" in a really creepy way.

Next XY segment will be about Pancham and Parting Remark.
So they're going to go over each of the four in corocoro and their moves individually.

Huh. Suppose we should have expected that.

You know what? Props to Smash for thar Huge cocktease during the Sylveon short. My heart saw it and soared, and then divebombed to the center of Mt. Helens. Also, we saw Crawdaunt. Yeeaaah....

Also, besides the tease with Sylveon, the butterfly icon and all those flowers COULD be argued to have relation to Fairies, I'd also want to point out we still have far too little to tell.

At this point, if its not a new type, I'll be pissed.

You know what? Props to Smash for thar Huge cocktease during the Sylveon short. My heart saw it and soared, and then divebombed to the center of Mt. Helens. Also, we saw Crawdaunt. Yeeaaah....

Also, besides the tease with Sylveon, the butterfly icon and all those flowers COULD be argued to have relation to Fairies, I'd also want to point out we still have far too little to tell.

At this point, if its not a new type, I'll be pissed.
I won't lie I kind of want it to not be a new type (Flying maybe, but Normal would be even better) just to see the internet explode and also to see hiro's (& the site he sold the info to) reaction

Bleh, so we're likely to get at least 3 months worth of smash episodes where their XY segment is about a new Pokemon, excluding the starters, Sylveon and the presently known legendaries. Those will be cute. The content of the remaining 6-8 episodes until X and Y's release to make up the rest of the time is anyone's guess, though they're likely going to be about certain landmarks and in-game battle snippets. It's a shame that Smash isn't too keen on being the first news source to leak something, otherwise it'd feel worth complaining about like with CoroCoro during the months that we get nothing.

It'd be nice if in their Fletchling segment they decide to show off capturing. We did get a few screens of that so why not some footage of it in motion, you know?

The small things~

Pokemon X and Y may be available on the Wii U as well:

"The upcoming Nintendo 3DS video games, “Pokemon X” and “Pokemon Y,” could also be released for the Nintendo Wii U console. According to a report by Gameranx on May 23, the Australian Classification Office listed both titles as multiplatform when they posted their rating summary. Since Nintendo owns the “Pokemon” intellectual property, they could potentially port their products to other systems like the Nintendo Wii U"- http://www.examiner.com/article/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-could-be-coming-to-the-nintendo-wii-u

Pokemon X and Y may be available on the Wii U as well:

"The upcoming Nintendo 3DS video games, “Pokemon X” and “Pokemon Y,” could also be released for the Nintendo Wii U console. According to a report by Gameranx on May 23, the Australian Classification Office listed both titles as multiplatform when they posted their rating summary. Since Nintendo owns the “Pokemon” intellectual property, they could potentially port their products to other systems like the Nintendo Wii U"- http://www.examiner.com/article/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-could-be-coming-to-the-nintendo-wii-u
The "multiplatform" thing is dumb and shows no one bothered looking at anything else on that site.
Bar minimum, the other Pokemon games have that listing, but other such "multiplatform" listings include:
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Nintendoland
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-New Super Mario Bros U (note that NSMB, NSMBW aren't)

Other dumb things:
-Paper Mario Sticker Star is labelled as a "DVD"
-Kirby's Pinball Land (a Gameboy game) is listed as "3DS"
-Kirby's Dream Course is labeled as "CD-Rom"

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think you mean:

The drawing is very good, but it's just not Masuda's style, and THAT'S what gives it away.
Well well... I guess everyone has a different definition towards "very good".
But the main point is that the line art needs furbishing-- this is not a proper finish. (for published material)

Anyway, I think you mean Sugimori, not Masuda.

PS: Just how on Earth can people think this is real, whilst fairy type being "fake"?

Well well... I guess everyone has a different definition towards "very good".
But the main point is that the line art needs furbishing-- this is not a proper finish. (for published material)

Anyway, I think you mean Sugimori, not Masuda.

PS: Just how on Earth can people think this is real, whilst fairy type being "fake"?
I don't think anyone thought it was real. At least here anyway.

Though I think fairy type is fake as hell as well.

The "multiplatform" thing is dumb and shows no one bothered looking at anything else on that site.
Bar minimum, the other Pokemon games have that listing, but other such "multiplatform" listings include:
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Nintendoland
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-New Super Mario Bros U (note that NSMB, NSMBW aren't)

Other dumb things:
-Paper Mario Sticker Star is labelled as a "DVD"
-Kirby's Pinball Land (a Gameboy game) is listed as "3DS"
-Kirby's Dream Course is labeled as "CD-Rom"
Well, Kirby Pinball can be downloaded through the 3DS e-shop, and the Dream course music is available on a cd, but the rest of that's probably based on some outdated hardware, and the people designated to classify the games may have made a large oversight that nobody cares to correct? I saw the listings as well, so the writer for examiner is a bad journalist. We should stick to Serebii, Pokebeach, Bulbanews, filb.de, and the occasional Pokejungle article.

Anyone notice the little three parallel lines running near the center of the Kalos map? I don't have a photo of it at the moment, but if you can find them (they're near the pink and yellow flower beds on the left side), don't they remind you of the Berry Master's garden in RSE? I'm not saying he's back or anything, but could this point towards being able to plany berries in the game again, and not in the Dream World?

...i... kinda thought it could be? ;o;

i was rather skeptical of the style, though. still. definitely a nice looking fake. i wouldn't mind having such a pokemon...

Oh, I see. So people were only being sarcastic when they said that the drawing was real.
Literally 1 out of like 8 people that responded to it said it could be legit while the rest quickly dismissed it for its poor artwork. Thanks for the snide reply though.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Smash did the same thing back in Gen 5.

...i... kinda thought it could be? ;o;

i was rather skeptical of the style, though. still. definitely a nice looking fake. i wouldn't mind having such a pokemon...
I think you mean the design was great instead of the drawing is great.
It was a cute design after all.

By "bad" drawing I was specifically pointing at the technique.
Japanese artists tend to furbish and tidy up their lines so their lines become nice and smooth.

Thinking about it, my reply wasn't snide, I was just pointing out that professionals would have better line work.
I just didn't explain myself clearly.

If in a fan-level, for someone around middle school, then it probably is considered as very good instead of very bad.

Sorrry if im late to the party, but has anyone botherd to think that all the pre GEN 6 pokem oon might be placeholders? casue by thte logic that its in a trial, Genesect is now a wild pokemon

Sorrry if im late to the party, but has anyone botherd to think that all the pre GEN 6 pokem oon might be placeholders? casue by thte logic that its in a trial, Genesect is now a wild pokemon
I think a lot of people think that
They always do things like this every game.

This...this was already mentioned in the first thread. It was already partly agreed upon that Zoruas and other rare Unovan Pokemon may be available in the Kalos wilds. Genesect, however, is unlikely to be found in the wild, since we've never been able to obtain an event legendary without a mystery gift/hacking.

You're right, although I don't think anyone really thought that about Genesect. The thing is that in the pokedex image we could clearly see a Zigzagoon. That leads me to think that the Kalos Pokedex will be multigen.

You're right, although I don't think anyone really thought that about Genesect. The thing is that in the pokedex image we could clearly see a Zigzagoon. That leads me to think that the Kalos Pokedex will be multigen.
well multi-gen was still a good bet just from the first trailer (ignoring all the battles with previous gen Pokemon* there was the statue of Golurk, Eevee & Palpitoad & the wild encounter with Pikachu) and the existence of Slyveon

*Even if we couldn't really use the trailer to determine what Pokemon will be normally available, the fact they had many many demonstrations of battles with previous gens when they could have stuck with the starters fighting each other

What We Don't Know
  • If Game Freak is introducing a new type
  • The types of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Sylveon
  • The name of the region
  • The exact number of new Pokémon
  • Which old generation Pokémon will appear in XY
  • If Pokémon from generations 1-5 can be transferred
I would hope that pokemon from previous generations can be transferred, think of how much extra work that would mean for one to complete the pokedex (assuming one would want to do that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)