5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One of the E4 caves, without WNPCs. There's a little side room in the Relic Tunnel (or whatever it's called) that doesn't have any WNPCs, and the Giant Chasm doesn't have any, so those would work if you don't want to use the Victory Road. For future reference, these types of questions would be better suited towards the Simple Questions thread, since it doesn't actually relate to RNG help.

One of the E4 caves, without WNPCs. There's a little side room in the Relic Tunnel (or whatever it's called) that doesn't have any WNPCs, and the Giant Chasm doesn't have any, so those would work if you don't want to use the Victory Road. For future reference, these types of questions would be better suited towards the Simple Questions thread, since it doesn't actually relate to RNG help.
Well that was just one thing I wanted to know -the other thing was how to RNG pokemon that appear in dust clouds.

I'm assuming that I have to hit the seed, run around until a dust cloud appears and then listen to the chatots?

So I just RNGed a shiny Tropius on route 18 in Black 2, which was pretty annoying because of the randomly spinning NPC in area. Everything about it was as expected, it's IVs, it's shininess, and the fact that it was a Tropius, but it's nature was wrong even though I had a timid Elgyem with Synchronize out front. RNG reporter 9.96.5 clearly has the nature as naughty on my target frame, and it's definitely bolded to indicate that it's synchronizable, but my Tropius ended up with a naughty nature. Is this just an unlucky bug with RNG reporter or might I have done something wrong?

Here's the info I used for this RNG:

Seed: 90932CF60EEA2A85
ID: 57449
SID: 55466
Using Black 2

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
There is an issue in RNG Reporter with Sync frames for Black and White 2. The frame before the target frame has to work with sync, regardless of what the target frame says.

Agonist

Well that was just one thing I wanted to know -the other thing was how to RNG pokemon that appear in dust clouds.

I'm assuming that I have to hit the seed, run around until a dust cloud appears and then listen to the chatots?
More or less. You might end up tripping the step counter, so keep that in mind.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I still have that DW Espeon in Entree Forest. Only thing I can remember is that you had to walk with x amount of Pokémon, and hoping you'll get the right nature? Last time I did that was like 2 years ago, or whenever DW Espeon was out. Is there an easier way now?

So I still have that DW Espeon in Entree Forest. Only thing I can remember is that you had to walk with x amount of Pokémon, and hoping you'll get the right nature? Last time I did that was like 2 years ago, or whenever DW Espeon was out. Is there an easier way now?
Walking was for IVs, and the C-Gear decides your nature due to its constant advances. I don't know much about the new way, but it was pretty complex IIRC.

So, is id/sid rnging a needed prerequisite for getting a rng'd starter? If so, would I have to go part way through the game to get my sid, then use it to restart my game with the new, desired id/sid?

Agonist

So, is id/sid rnging a needed prerequisite for getting a rng'd starter? If so, would I have to go part way through the game to get my sid, then use it to restart my game with the new, desired id/sid?
In Gen 5, no, you don't need to RNG your ID for a shiny starter.

As for the second part, all you need are your parameters to RNG your new ID.

In Gen 5, no, you don't need to RNG your ID for a shiny starter.

As for the second part, all you need are your parameters to RNG your new ID.
To elaborate on this, all you need to do is search for a wild flawless seed on your current game save which isn't shiny. Then you pick a frame from that seed with a nature you like and enter it in the Pandoras Box which will then let you pick a TID SID. Just remember to add three to the frame you want shiny and try to find a TID SID that's closer to 40 or it won't work.

As long as you're quick with saving the WNPCs shouldn't be much of a problem.

Agonist

You don't need to make any specific frames shiny. If you know what your TID/SID are going to be, you can just run a normal search for a shiny seed, and use it.

But the problem with those are that to check your sid, you HAVE to save, so you have to rng your id/sid for a shiny starter. I PM'ed Princess of Johto, and she expained it for me.

So this has happened to me a few times with RNG Reporter and I was wondering if it's a bug on Reporter's end or if I'm doing something wrong.

I just downloaded the Plasma Freeze Deoxys to my game, and plan to RNG it, how long can I leave him with the mailman in the pokecenter? I just bought Black 2 and haven't figured out my timer0s or secret ID on this cartridge. I just want to be sure there is no time limit or event that makes a wifi legendary disappear before you pick it up.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I just downloaded the Plasma Freeze Deoxys to my game, and plan to RNG it, how long can I leave him with the mailman in the pokecenter? I just bought Black 2 and haven't figured out my timer0s or secret ID on this cartridge. I just want to be sure there is no time limit or event that makes a wifi legendary disappear before you pick it up.
As long as you downloaded it via Mystery Gift, the PokeCenter clerk will hold it until you pick it up; there's no time limit.

I know this is an old thread, but just in case I'll start off by following the rules:

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
What are you trying to capture\hatch?For now I'm trying to capture a pokemon in the wild using sweet scent with perfect/near perfect IV's
What is your target seed and frame? 313833998F0AD0DB, Frame 1
What is the delay of that seed? Not sure I understand this part, but I believe the delay is 2. I got my parameters at a time of 00 seconds and the actual time was 3.
What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?241E2AFD0C for my DSi
How did you verify your seed? I ran the captured pokemon through IV checker on Serebii.net and the IVs were not what I was after.
If you tried and failed, what results did you get?
#354 Banette [Lonely]
IVs: 15, 16 / 15, 16 / 9, 10 / 26, 27 / 29 / 17, 18
Stats at Lv.49: 129|0 / 137|0 / 65|0 / 99|0 / 80|0 / 77|0

IVs should have been: 31/30/31/30/31/31

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is there a guide specifically for RNG'ing using BW2 and a DSi?

I've tried finding my DS parameters but they are different every time. So far I've just used the profiles/DS Parameters that in the same ballpark as each other, since I've read that DSi and W2 can have different Timer0 and VCounts.

I've tried catching a few perfect/near perfect pokemon using the seeds generated from these profiles/parameters and the IVs don't come out right as seen above.

I'm trying to RNG a Yanma on Route 3 in White 2.

Now I hit my Timer0 and encounter a Tranquil, but Tranquil isn't in the White 2 Encounter Table (On any location for that matter).

So, what is up with that?

Thanks.

I know this is an old thread, but just in case I'll start off by following the rules:

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
What are you trying to capture\hatch?For now I'm trying to capture a pokemon in the wild using sweet scent with perfect/near perfect IV's
What is your target seed and frame? 313833998F0AD0DB, Frame 1
What is the delay of that seed? Not sure I understand this part, but I believe the delay is 2. I got my parameters at a time of 00 seconds and the actual time was 3.
What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?241E2AFD0C for my DSi
How did you verify your seed? I ran the captured pokemon through IV checker on Serebii.net and the IVs were not what I was after.
If you tried and failed, what results did you get?
#354 Banette [Lonely]
IVs: 15, 16 / 15, 16 / 9, 10 / 26, 27 / 29 / 17, 18
Stats at Lv.49: 129|0 / 137|0 / 65|0 / 99|0 / 80|0 / 77|0

IVs should have been: 31/30/31/30/31/31

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is there a guide specifically for RNG'ing using BW2 and a DSi?

I've tried finding my DS parameters but they are different every time. So far I've just used the profiles/DS Parameters that in the same ballpark as each other, since I've read that DSi and W2 can have different Timer0 and VCounts.

I've tried catching a few perfect/near perfect pokemon using the seeds generated from these profiles/parameters and the IVs don't come out right as seen above.
If the IVs are wrong then you're not hitting your seed. You said in the calibration stage you kept getting different results. Did you use the same time for each calibration attempt? How many times did you go through the calibration phase?

Also have you tried using the EonTimer? Because you really need it with the DSI.

Now I hit my Timer0 and encounter a Tranquil, but Tranquil isn't in the White 2 Encounter Table (On any location for that matter).

Thanks.
What IVs were you aiming for and what did you get?

Thanks.
Isn't Yanma a Swarm Pokémon?

@Reshiram, I hit my Timer0 so it had the right IV's and the right nature.

@Kieblin, it is in BW1, in BW2 it can be caught at Route 3.

@Reshiram, I hit my Timer0 so it had the right IV's and the right nature.

@Kieblin, it is in BW1, in BW2 it can be caught at Route 3.
Ok, could you give some more info, like what Encounter slot you were searching for, and where you found a list with the slots? The link in RNG reporter doesn't make any sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)