Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Oh, I could get them via trading. However, as I mentioned in the first post, I won't do trading with this run. So I'll just wing it with Gastro acid and no Dark Void.

For Meanie, you are allowed Tackle (and Razor Leaf) until Poison Powder at 9. Knowing that you must grind your way to 9 before you take on the rival's Cyndaquil, keep in mind it's at 5.

Also, you don't have a Flyer yet, so recruit a Pidgey from route 29 and name it Fly (or some variation thereof). The only moves it's allowed to use are Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, and Fly. And it cannot use Fly in battle. No Pidgeotto until after the kimono girls, and no Pidgeot at all. GLHF!

@Roadagain, it was not intentional that both Chuck and Pryce require soloing. How about you just have him solo every trainer in the water route between Olivine and Cianwood, and since you won't trade, just evolve him to Poliwrath. Just make sure that he still knows Rain Dance.

Well, that sums it up.

I'll be making updates whenever I get a decent amount of progress. I'll most likely do the beginning and whatnot in relative silence.

Thanks for ya'll for this ragtag group of more-or-less outcast Pokemon.

Hello, since I only do monotype runs, I would like try a scramble challenge!

Any game (first person chooses)
I CAN trade past gen 2, so go nuts with that.
I don't really want to use HM slaves.
Hard difficulty.
Give me some unique pokemon.

EDIT: Well shit. I asked for unique. I just RNG'd a Yanma. God damn it.

Pokemon:
Buzz Buzz the Yanma
I added one more rule to make it harder.

Can't fight Pokemon of its own type
Must be the highest level of your team

Bianka the Miltank
PK Freeze: Get yourself Bianka the Miltank. Because nobody has ever cared about any Miltank other than Whitney's, this one is rather similar. Stomp is the only STAB move it can have, and it must always know the move Milk Drink. Lastly, it can only use natural items. (So no Potions and all that stuff. Berries, Moomoo Milk and whatever comes from the nature are totally fine)

+Chuck and Bruno Solo

OU the Chikorita
Take OU the Chikorita! This Chikorita really wants to be OU, but isn't, sadly. So she will try really hard and be the best set she can be! You must make her learn the following moveset ASAP and keep it forever!
PoisonPowder/Toxic (Toxic in the end, but PoisonPowder to start)
Protect
Synthesis
Slowerbeam

Now, she wants to prove herself! Have her solo Bugsy (just for funsies) and Whitney to evolve into Bayleef, both times using only moves that will be in her final set/are the same moves but weaker (PoisonPowder, STAB move, etc.). Then, solo 10 trainer-owned Grass-types to prove she is the best one out there. She must then solo Jasmine to evolve into meganium, again using just final moveset moves. Good luck with no Toxic! She then wants to prove she is a very good pokemon! Have her solo 10 Rocket Grunts and all the Admins/Leaders/whatever in Team Rocket's Mahogany Town hideout. After that, just keep using her set, and solo Koga and 2 of Lance's pokes! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good luck and have fun!

Bells the Wooper
Take a Wooper named Bells. Catch him in Union Cave; you cannot reach the other side of Union Cave without your Bells to guide you! Once Bells evolves to Quagsire, he can no longer learn new moves by TM or HM. Good luck!

Dizzy the Odd Egg
Take whatever hatches from the odd egg, and name it Dizzy.
Dizzy knows that it is special, in that it is one of the few of its species able to use Dizzy Punch. As such, it must always have it in its movepool at all times, and because it is so dizzy, must use it every second turn. Also, since Dizzy is a baby, it is obviously scared of ghosts and so must solo Morty to overcome this fear and evolve (Have fun doing nothing against him every second turn!). Once it evolves, its restrictions remain the same. It must also solo another gym leader, and once it has done this it may evolve a second time if it can. Also, solo one elite four member. Have Fun!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PK Freeze it becomes Pokemon Crystal (not saw anyone do it yet)
I reserve one

Walk in the tall grass on route 35 and you catch there Route 35 (The first Pokemon you come across, if you don't catch it than you lose a teamslot :D, or if you want to play softie, wait till you come across another etc.)

The rarer the Pokemon is the less rules you need to do!
Snubbull: 5
Growlithe: 4
Pidgey: 5
Drowzee: 5
Psyduck: 4
Hoothoot: 5
Jigglypuff: 3
Abra: 3
Ditto: 2
Yanma: 1

you can choose which rules:
1. Can't evolve until level 50 (only choosable for evolvable ones)
2. Can't use STAB
3. Must solo 2 Gyms
4. Must solo 2 E4 Members
5. Must solo the Champion
6. Can't use don-damaging moves
7. Can't fight Pokemon of its own type
8. Must be the highest level of your team
9. Every move it uses must be known by another member of your team
10. Every time it is hit by a damaging move, switch out

GL HF

Anyway as you mono-type RNG the Pokemon and base the rest of it!

Here you can find the rarity, add the rarities and the first 10 are Abra, the next 5 are Jigglypuff etc.

This can be a bit unclear, so you can ask for more information

PK Freeze it becomes Pokemon Crystal (not saw anyone do it yet)
I reserve one

Walk in the tall grass on route 35 and you catch there Route 35 (The first Pokemon you come across, if you don't catch it than you lose a teamslot :D, or if you want to play softie, wait till you come across another etc.)

The rarer the Pokemon is the less rules you need to do!
Snubbull: 5
Growlithe: 4
Pidgey: 5
Psyduck: 4
Hoothoot: 5
Jigglypuff: 3
Abra: 3
Ditto: 2
Yanma: 1

you can choose which rules:
1. Can't evolve until level 50 (only choosable for evolvable ones)
2. Can't use STAB
3. Must solo 2 Gyms
4. Must solo 2 E4 Members
5. Must solo the Champion
6. Can't use don-damaging moves
7. Can't fight Pokemon of its own type
8. Must be the highest level of your team
9. Every move it uses must be known by another member of your team
10. Every time it is hit by a damaging move, switch out

GL HF

Anyway as you mono-type RNG the Pokemon and base the rest of it!

Here you can find the rarity, add the rarities and the first 10 are Abra, the next 5 are Jigglypuff etc.

This can be a bit unclear, so you can ask for more information
Accepted, but can I just RNG the pokemon now and choose what rules I use?

PK Freeze: Get yourself Bianka the Miltank. Because nobody has ever cared about any Miltank other than Whitney's, this one is rather similar. Stomp is the only STAB move it can have, and it must always know the move Milk Drink. Lastly, it can only use natural items. (So no Potions and all that stuff. Berries, Moomoo Milk and whatever comes from the nature are totally fine)

Seems a bit too easy, could you add some more rules to make it more challenging?

I guess it's about time to get started on this run.
SoulSilver Scramble Part 1
You'd think Elm would have better things to do than give kids starters, just so they can get him a british breakfast. Then again, there's no variety. He needs Cyndaquil for cooking, and Totodile ended up as a wallet years ago. So all you can get is a Chikorita. Sadistic thing, all it does is poison everything to death.

One breakfast and plenty of plot later, including the guy now dubbed as a rival for no adequately explained reason, Hugh, we actually get to begin collecting badges and various creatures. Like a Pidgey. Never gonna be handy outside flying. Gonna name it that, just so it knows it's own uselessness.

The first real issue on the quest to becoming the Pokemon Master with the crummiest team would be Falkner. The Chikorita, to be referred as Meanie, felt compelled to keep up to his standards and take down him alone. Now, knowing the basics of nature, plants don't do well against birds. Also, taking down anything with poisoning is going to take time. Now, Meanie is already notably reluctant in using any kind of healing, so I doubt that'll get better whenever this thing learns Synthesis. So, Falkner needs to be dealt in before that.

Now, armed with 29 Potions, 1 X Accuracy I have no idea where it came from, and a lot of patience... this battle sucks. Pidgey can do absolutely nothing worth mentioning after getting it's Attack lowered by Growl, except decrease accuracy... Poisonpowder never hits. Then, the Pidgeotto, not only can deal huge amounts of damage, but it can heal with Roost. Nevertheless, 19 Potions later, that thing finally goes down, and I gain my completely ill-deserved badge.

Fly also got to kill things in the Sprout Tower.

Team so far:
  • Meanie the Chikorita, level 14

• Fly the Pidgey, level 12
See here for the various restrictions on the team

I will make more detailed team posts later on, but seriously, there is no variation at this point.

@Roadaway: You destroyed Falkner at level 14? You're better then i thought.
I always trained untill it evolved because i didn't destroy him with Chikorita o.O

Well hf in the rest of the game and GL :D

@PK Freeze: I figured that'd be quite enough. I could always throw in a mandatory Chuck solo because hey, Miltanks aren't afraid of your Fighting STABs. If you feel that's not enough, you can swap that with Bruno solo. I wouldn't.

@Namine: Lower, actually. It learns Synthesis at level 12, and it just can't stall long enough without the Potions. (Which it can't use after it gets Synthesis)

@PK Freeze: I figured that'd be quite enough. I could always throw in a mandatory Chuck solo because hey, Miltanks aren't afraid of your Fighting STABs. If you feel that's not enough, you can swap that with Bruno solo. I wouldn't.
Accepted. I'll just do both solos.

@PK Freeze, I'll give you what seems to be the mandatory Chikorita! I'll edit it in soon!

EDIT: Take OU the Chikorita! This Chikorita really wants to be OU, but isn't, sadly. So she will try really hard and be the best set she can be! You must make her learn the following moveset ASAP and keep it forever!
Protect
Synthesis
Eventually Petal Dance, but any STAB move until then

Now, she wants to prove herself! Have her solo Bugsy (just for funsies) and Whitney to evolve into Bayleef, both times using only moves that will be in her final set/are the same moves but weaker (PoisonPowder, STAB move, etc.). Then, solo 10 trainer-owned Grass-types to prove she is the best one out there. She must then solo Jasmine to evolve into meganium, again using just final moveset moves. Good luck with no Toxic! She then wants to prove she is a very good pokemon! Have her solo 10 Rocket Grunts and all the Admins/Leaders/whatever in Team Rocket's Mahogany Town hideout. After that, just keep using her set, and solo Koga and 2 of Lance's pokes! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good luck and have fun!

@PK Freeze, I'll give you what seems to be the mandatory Chikorita! I'll edit it in soon!

EDIT: Take OU the Chikorita! This Chikorita really wants to be OU, but isn't, sadly. So she will try really hard and be the best set she can be! You must make her learn the following moveset ASAP and keep it forever!
Protect
Synthesis
Eventually Petal Dance, but any STAB move until then

Sounds good! Accepted

To all,

I have decided to postpone my Medium-Hard B2 Scramble, as I have to revise for exams. Due to me having to trade over Pokémon, I decided to do a medium B2 scramble, but this time without trading. Sorry for the problem. Please post soon
Hallelujah the saver has arrived!
Pokémon
Snayquaza's PeaceFul the Audino
Powergo, I will give you a Pokemon, a Audino
this is PeaceFul the Audino

Peaceful does not want to harm Pokemon so:
1. Switch in against when any opponent Pokemon in Red Health and use Heal Pulse on it (...)
2. Never switch out (Others will harm them)
3. Must be returned to the last Pokemon Center Immediately (remember to go everytime along the Pokemon Center)
4. If Heal Pulse runs out of PP, return to the last Pokemon Center Immediately (remember to go everytime along the Pokemon Center)

gl hf

Must Heal in soloes too, but can switch out after :) Can it faint Pokémon?

Lucariomaster2's Eevee the Eevee
Powergo, go to the park in Castelia City and catch an Eevee. Do not nickname it. Because it has always lived in the shadow of its evolutions, it wants to prove that it is as strong as them. As such, it can never evolve. Also, to prove its strength, it must solo every trainer-owned eeveelution and one gym leader of your choice.
OPTIONAL if you want a challenge: Because Eevee wants to prove its own power, it cannot hold an Eviolite as it feels the item gives it an unfair advantage. Screw that

So to recap:
-Catch an Eevee, don't nickname it
-Can never evolve
-Must solo every trainer owned eeveelution and 1 gym leader
-OPTIONAL: Cannot hold the Eviolite. Screw that

Good luck and have fun!

Jimera0's Negator the Oshawott
PowerGo, those are NOT medium-hard level challenges you're receiving... those are "insanely hard" level of difficulty. Seriously people, what the fuck?

So I'm going to balance it out a little bit. Take Negator the Oshawott. Negator has a tendancy to negate things that other people have done... but not what YOU'VE done, oh no. It negates OTHER PEOPLE'S SHITTY RESTRICTIONS MWAHAHAHAHA.

Every time you successfully solo a major opponent with Negator (Team Plasma Sage, Gym Leader, Rival, etc.), Negator stockpiles a "negation point". After reaching 3 Negation points, you can negate any one restriction on any one of your Pokemon. The next negation costs 4 points, and the next after that costs 5, and so on. Now to keep this from being a COMPLETELY positive challenge, Negator comes with a few restrictions of his own. First off, he can never be more than 3 levels ahead of the lowest leveled member of your party. This restriction CANNOT be negated. (The reason is to prevent you from just going wild with Negator solos in order to stockpile negation points, or just running through the entire game with him.) The total Base Power of his moves (including STAB for water moves) cannot exceed 200 (this restriciton CAN be negated, if you so choose). If a move has variable BP (like Return or Reversal), the maximum possible BP the move can have is assumed for the calculation. If a move has set damage (Like Night Shade) then it counts as having 0 BP (Pretty sure that Oshawott doesn't get any such moves anyway).

Good luck, have fun, and make careful use of those negation points! THANK YOU! I'll be removing a certain restriction 1st...

Mulan's Pansy the Azurill
Powergo1 take Pansy the Azurill:
It must have thick fat or sap sipper.

If it will evolve into a Marill, it must solo Burgh. You may evolve it either before or after. If it doesn't solo Burgh, then it must solo Elesa to evolve and may not evolve into an Azumarill.

If it will evolve into an Azumarill, it must solo Elesa. You may evolve it either before or after.

It must solo one of Iris's pokemon without using a super effective attack or 60BP or higher(if it evovles into an Azumarill) or 80 or higher (if it evolves into a Marill or a super effective blizzard (if it doesn't evolve) (although it may use one of those moves against another one of her pokemon).

It must solo one of Alder's pokemon, but not his Volcarona.

It must solo an area master (or whatever it is called) in Black Tower.

Note that that negator may not negate the first, second, or last challenges.

Topher's Baby the Mandibuzz
@Powergo1, you have a severe lack of Flying-types, so I reserve that Mandibuzz on Route 4 that shows up on whatever day. I will edit its challange soon.

EDIT: Take Baby the Mandibuzz. As Mandibuzz are born as Vullaby, who wear a diaper for a very long time, this Mandibuzz has become used to being babied by everyone. So, you must baby your Mandibuzz! You must pick 5 of these 7 ways of babying Baby:
1. Baby wants to know a variety of moves, so teach it 1 TM move, 1 HM move, 1 level-up attacking move and 1 level-up status move. Make sure that you have at least 3 types represented in its moveset, as well.
2. Baby doesn't want to work very hard for Exp. Give it the Exp. Share ASAP and never take it off.
3. NO
4. Baby wants to be the best baby there is. Make it solo all Vullaby-lines and any Dark- or Flying-type first stage pokemon (Purrloin, Pidove, etc.).
5.NO
6. Baby likes daily naps. Every 24 in-game hours, deposit Baby in the PC for 2 in-game hours.
7. Baby just wants to fit in. All of its moves must also be moves that at least 1 other pokemon on your team knows.
And to top it all off, Baby must solo 2 gym leaders and 2 E4 pokemon. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I mean good luck! Have fun! Good challenge

Namine's Slimy the Grimer
Powergo1:

Take slimy the grimer.
restriction/obligations in bullet points so:
* He wants to use minimize at least once battle.
* He wants to poison his foes.
* He may use other moves of course.
* He has to solo skyla and after this may evolve.
* Once he evolves he likes bombing foes and wants to use Mud Bomb and Sludge Bomb as only attacking moves.
* He is big once he evolves so he doesn't want to minimize anymore and has to use Acid Armor at least once a battle (learn it over minimize)
*Has to solo Drayden.

Please say if it is too hard or anything.

Have Fun :) Seems good

Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Aaaaand here's a female Professor! Yes, I am a boy. My name is Adam. My rival? He is called Derp (why not?). Now I'm sinking....

Now I shalt update in bullet points.
  • Its summer... the Pidove are flying, there's a nice breeze, its a nice day.
  • My mum tells me to look for a big green hat...
  • Its Derp, and his sister. Derp comes with me
  • On the outlook, here's Bianca, the B/W Durr
  • Yes, I am Adam... Derp
  • Oshawott, I chose you!
  • It is Jimera's Negator the Oshawott
  • I get the Pokedex
  • Time to battle.
  • I see that Negator's Nature is Quiet, eh
VS DERP
Tackle, leer, tail whip spam. I win (+1 NP)
-Ill end it here, but ill end chapter after Cheren

New Edit, dashes are in-game updates, and italics are my comments on stuff.
-Yay, running shoes You cant run before?
-

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Powergo, I will give you a Pokemon, a Audino
this is PeaceFul the Audino

Peaceful does not want to harm Pokemon so:
1. Switch in against when any opponent Pokemon in Red Health and use Heal Pulse on it (...)
2. Never switch out (Others will harm them)
3. Must be returned to the last Pokemon Center Immediately (remember to go everytime along the Pokemon Center)
4. If Heal Pulse runs out of PP, return to the last Pokemon Center Immediately (remember to go everytime along the Pokemon Center)

gl hf

Must Heal in soloes too, but can switch out after :)

Powergo, go to the park in Castelia City and catch an Eevee. Do not nickname it. Because it has always lived in the shadow of its evolutions, it wants to prove that it is as strong as them. As such, it can never evolve. Also, to prove its strength, it must solo every trainer-owned eeveelution and one gym leader of your choice.
OPTIONAL if you want a challenge: Because Eevee wants to prove its own power, it cannot hold an Eviolite as it feels the item gives it an unfair advantage.
So to recap:
-Catch an Eevee, don't nickname it
-Can never evolve
-Must solo every trainer owned eeveelution and 1 gym leader
-OPTIONAL: Cannot hold the Eviolite.

Good luck and have fun!

PowerGo, those are NOT medium-hard level challenges you're receiving... those are "insanely hard" level of difficulty. Seriously people, what the fuck?

So I'm going to balance it out a little bit. Take Negator the Oshawott. Negator has a tendancy to negate things that other people have done... but not what YOU'VE done, oh no. It negates OTHER PEOPLE'S SHITTY RESTRICTIONS MWAHAHAHAHA.

Every time you successfully solo a major opponent with Negator (Team Plasma Sage, Gym Leader, Rival, etc.), Negator stockpiles a "negation point". After reaching 3 Negation points, you can negate any one restriction on any one of your Pokemon. The next negation costs 4 points, and the next after that costs 5, and so on. Now to keep this from being a COMPLETELY positive challenge, Negator comes with a few restrictions of his own. First off, he can never be more than 3 levels ahead of the lowest leveled member of your party. This restriction CANNOT be negated. (The reason is to prevent you from just going wild with Negator solos in order to stockpile negation points, or just running through the entire game with him.) The total Base Power of his moves (including STAB for water moves) cannot exceed 200 (this restriciton CAN be negated, if you so choose). If a move has variable BP (like Return or Reversal), the maximum possible BP the move can have is assumed for the calculation. If a move has set damage (Like Night Shade) then it counts as having 0 BP (Pretty sure that Oshawott doesn't get any such moves anyway).

Good luck, have fun, and make careful use of those negation points!

Powergo1 take Pansy the Azurill:
It must have thick fat or sap sipper.

If it will evolve into a Marill, it must solo Burgh. You may evolve it either before or after. If it doesn't solo Burgh, then it must solo Elesa to evolve and may not evolve into an Azumarill.

If it will evolve into an Azumarill, it must solo Elesa. You may evolve it either before or after.

It must solo one of Iris's pokemon without using a super effective attack or 60BP or higher(if it evovles into an Azumarill) or 80 or higher (if it evolves into a Marill or a super effective blizzard (if it doesn't evolve) (although it may use one of those moves against another one of her pokemon).

It must solo one of Alder's pokemon, but not his Volcarona.

It must solo an area master (or whatever it is called) in Black Tower.

Note that that negator may not negate the first, second, or last challenges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)