Gen V STABmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought about those sets, but is Eviolite defense buff still retained upon transforming into a fully-evolved pokemon?

If it doesn't work, Transform Blissey is still interesting: come into a special attacker and transform into a Blissey counter but with more HP
Eviolite defense buff still counts yes, that's what makes it so damn scary.

If Ditto is holding the Eviolite and transformed into an un-evolved Pokemon would he get the boosts from the evolite? Also if Ditto was not holding the Eviolite but he transformed into a Pokemon that was holding the Eviolite would he get the boosts, like how he copies the stat boosts from things like S-dance? Also if he was holding the Eviolite and he transformed into a Pokemon with the Eviolite would he get the boost from both of them?
No, even if ditto has the eviolite and transforms into an un-evolved pokemon the game still registers it as a ditto which has no evolution so sadly this would not work.
In converse, Chansey WILL still get the eviolite boost.

Has anyone thought of the fact that Regigigas now has Protect?
And Shell smash (which would at first negate the stat drops, and then make him superstrong if slow start wears off). Or you could go for a Swords Dance - Extremespeed combo. ;)

-----------

There should be an Ubers version of this metagame too, I reckon... Brave Bird Rayquaza anyone? How about Quiver Dance Genesect? I herd u liek Shift Gear Dialga... =3

Scrappy Rapid spin isn't overpowered at all, you can just re-lay entry hazards or better yet, kill the rapid spinner. Or not rely too much on entry hazards. I would consider it somewhat OP if this was a stally metagame, but its a very offensive one and Kangaskhan doesn't have the best stats or typing in the world (although it does get shell smash) and fears some of the more offensive spikers, like Lando-T.

I DO think that OHKO moves should be banned. No Guard Fissure is too overpowered.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hmm, Super STAB Ubers raises an intersting question

What moves would Arceus get? Would it get all the Normal moves? All the moves of it's current type? Every move in the game?

Sadly, SS Ubers is a bad idea atm, since the playerbase is so small atm. :(

Scarf Heracross can come in on Sawsbuck's Spore, then KO with Sleep Talked Close Combat/U-turn/???. It takes ~70% max from an Adamant max attack LO Extremespeed so it's not a perfect counter, but it puts a lot of offensive pressure on the Sawsbuck user.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- filler

BlankZero, it always has. Generally Chansey is better in Blissey for Transforming/Impostering unless you really need that item.
And it might be a good idea to test OHKO. Golurk is completely capable of 6-0ing a team just by leading. If the OHKO Clause isn't reinstated, Focus Sashes might be as common as Lum Berries are in BH.

I think we should ban it right away, I dont see how this tier justifies OHKO moves.

You could just as well run 6 bulky mons with Horn Drill/Fissure/Sheer Cold, one of them being Golurk. Articuno and Chansey/Blissey have Mind Reader and Lock On respectively to fire off a Sheer Cold or Horn Drill. Switching out might be fun yes, but it's still a 30% chance that your switch is a goner.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I think we should ban it right away, I dont see how this tier justifies OHKO moves.

You could just as well run 6 bulky mons with Horn Drill/Fissure/Sheer Cold, one of them being Golurk. Articuno and Chansey/Blissey have Mind Reader and Lock On respectively to fire off a Sheer Cold or Horn Drill. Switching out might be fun yes, but it's still a 30% chance that your switch is a goner.
Lock On Kangaskan/Miltank w/Horn Drill sounds pretty good to me, probably better than Chansey/Blissey imo

But yes, I think we should have OHKO clause. There is no reason to remove it tbh.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Regigigas also runs around with Entrainment now. Would Slow Start activate upon Entraining? If so, it could force a switch or two...

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Has anyone every considered having a Boufflant? It's got sap sipper, Access to all normal typed moves, Megahorn, Earthquake, Superpower. Though Sawsbuck may be faster, Boufflant hits harder.

Just a thought.

EV

Banned deucer.
It sounds like a lot of people would like to see a swift ban, so I'll go ahead and do it.

OHKO clause is back on.

Afaik Shedinja doesnt get Baton Pass tho.
He actually gets the moves from Ninjask as it evolves and level ups, so if you evolve Nincada at lvl 45 when Ninjask learns the move, you get Baton Pass on Shedinja. This doesn't work in Gen V though, you need to get your Shedinja from a Gen V game.

He actually gets the moves from Ninjask as it evolves and level ups, so if you evolve Nincada at lvl 45 when Ninjask learns the move, you get Baton Pass on Shedinja. This doesn't work in Gen V though, you need to get your Shedinja from a Gen V game.
You mean 4 right?

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Every Sableye set I see has something around:

Prankster @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe (HP and Speed are sometimes switched)
Impish Nature
- Dark Void
- INSERT STATUS MOVE HERE
- Destiny Bond
- Foul Play (For the Taunts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)