Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Hello Everyone i came up with a Thundurus-T set.I call this set Superman LOL.:happybrain:

Why do i call it that well let me show you the set.(sorry if anyone has mentioned this set).

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 Spd / 252 SAtk / 152 HP
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This set is a Double Dance set making Thundurus Almost Impossible to defeat.Thundurus is already strong ,but now i boosted his power to a whole other level.The let down of Thundurus is his speed ,so by giving him Agility he fixed his speed and now almost impossible to defeat.Thunderbolt is his STAB letting hit pokemon for alot of damage.Hp Ice lets him hit everything for Neutral damage with the boltbeam combo.Now about the item.Leftovers gives you more durability ,but less power.Life Orb gives you more power ,but really weakens how long you stay alive.You can also use Lum Berry to get rid of status ,but that is your choice.

REPLAYS
WARNING:Team itself is not that good lol.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-20790190-Skip to turn 11 to see Thundurus sweep.

Hope it can be a good set.

Nice set, but it isn't exactly creative nor underrated. :P It has been one of the premier thundy-t sets for quite some time.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Obviously to be run on a sun team. After trapping and killing something, a ferro/skarm/etc switch is inevitable as it can go to town since dugtrio can't harm it. This changes that!

0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Forretress (+SpDef) : 82.47% - 97.59%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Ferrothorn: 43.18% - 51.14%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Skarmory: 34.73% - 41.32%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 74.58% - 88.14%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Scizor: 74.02% - 88.26%
(I've had them try to u-turn out multiple times since a switch seemed likely)

Not bad damage output for that oft neglected 4th spot!

Edit: these calcs are with sun

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Zen Headbutt / Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

rp gross is actually a surprisingly good lategame sweeper. yeah it's not the best one ever, but it is more threatening than you may initially assume. i vastly prefer zen headbutt to meteor mash - despite lacking the raw power, it has far superior coverage, allowing you to hurt bulky waters (most notably keldeo, rotom-w and gyarados). eq and ice punch pick up the slack; the former ohkoing heatran and 2hkoing jirachi, and the latter ohkoing dragons and landorus-t, thanks to clear body preventing intimidate. with some hazards down, many common teams, especially offensive ones, will fall to this metagross. obviously steels not weak to eq are problems for this set, but you have teammates for a reason. you might be wondering why one should use this set over rp landorus-i/agility thundurus-t: the biggest perk of this set is that metagross can use its impressive physical bulk to help it set up, and that it isn't weak to any form of priority (it actually resists all of the common priority moves bar mach punch and aqua jet).

@Scotti: you didn't invent that set, np/agility thundurus-t has been around for some time now. the set is good, though you don't need to run max speed, instead use this ev spread: 152 hp / 252 satk / 104 spd

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Zen Headbutt / Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

rp gross is actually a surprisingly good lategame sweeper. yeah it's not the best one ever, but it is more threatening than you may initially assume. i vastly prefer zen headbutt to meteor mash - despite lacking the raw power, it has far superior coverage, allowing you to hurt bulky waters (most notably keldeo, rotom-w and gyarados). eq and ice punch pick up the slack; the former ohkoing heatran and 2hkoing jirachi, and the latter ohkoing dragons and landorus-t, thanks to clear body preventing intimidate. with some hazards down, many common teams, especially offensive ones, will fall to this metagross. obviously steels not weak to eq are problems for this set, but you have teammates for a reason. you might be wondering why one should use this set over rp landorus-i/agility thundurus-t: the biggest perk of this set is that metagross can use its impressive physical bulk to help it set up, and that it isn't weak to any form of priority (it actually resists all of the common priority moves bar mach punch and aqua jet).

@Scotti: you didn't invent that set, np/agility thundurus-t has been around for some time now. the set is good, though you don't need to run max speed, instead use this ev spread: 152 hp / 252 satk / 104 spd
B-b-but this is basically AgiliGross, a set that has been around for quite some time now.

BEHOLD THE RAICHU

BEHOLD THE RAICHU
You heard of parafusion or Paraflinch, but I bet you have never heard of theultimate Parafuselove. Now I will explain what it is.

Raichu @ Air Balloon
Trait: Static
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Teeter Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Attract/Hidden Power(Ice)
-Seismic Toss
I am not sure if anyone has discovered this set, but I have discovered it and it is very good. I will try to get the replays up as soon as I can. I promise you this is not a gimmick, this works. With the great speed Raichu can T-Wave paralyzing the opponent. Then it can Teeter Dance which confuses the opponent. The old Parafusion comes in place. but then if you use Attract, it is almost unstoppable. Then you can Seismic Toss it to death. If you want an attack for Ground types, you can choose Hp Ice over Attract, but I don't. This also is good for Blissey or annoying walls. If you want to use this strategy to counter a certain pokemon like Latias, Jirachi or Blissey you can make it a Male then Attract. This is a good set to use with stall or anyother kind of teams. This Raichu can be very annoying. BEWARE

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BEHOLD THE RAICHU
You heard of parafusion or Paraflinch, but I bet you have never heard of theultimate Parafuselove. Now I will explain what it is.

Raichu @ Air Balloon
Trait: Static
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Teeter Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Attract/Hidden Power(Ice)
-Seismic Toss
I am not sure if anyone has discovered this set, but I have discovered it and it is very good. I will try to get the replays up as soon as I can. I promise you this is not a gimmick, this works. With the great speed Raichu can T-Wave paralyzing the opponent. Then it can Teeter Dance which confuses the opponent. The old Parafusion comes in place. but then if you use Attract, it is almost unstoppable. Then you can Seismic Toss it to death. If you want an attack for Ground types, you can choose Hp Ice over Attract, but I don't. This also is good for Blissey or annoying walls. If you want to use this strategy to counter a certain pokemon like Latias, Jirachi or Blissey you can make it a Male then Attract. This is a good set to use with stall or anyother kind of teams. This Raichu can be very annoying. BEWARE
It's a neat idea, but unfortunately there are a few problems with using this set. First of all, Raichu is extremely frail, so he won't usually have enough time to use Teeter Dance, Thunder Wave, AND Attract. Attract is pretty bad on its own, too, since you'll never know if the opponent will have the right gender Pokémon, since gender is randomized on Showdown. Not only that, but some Pokémon are genderless, so there's zero chance of Attracting them. I just don't think this set has any real competitive use, sorry :/

Stall breaker Thundurus

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Thunder(bolt)
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Ice)
Taunt
I'm the only I've really only ever seen use a set of this sort however I have found it very efficient. Thundurus essentially acts as a taunt tornadus therian aka being able to cripple most walls within the overused such as specially defensive celebii which we all hate, subtoxic gliscor, specially defensive hippowdown, ferrothorn, rain jirachi, and landorus therian lacking stone edge. Essentially I run this thing in a semi stall team and it worked amazingly being able to run damage control when my team came against something that my team hated to face such as ferrothorn and jirachi. It allowed me to shut down the pokemon by using taunt to prevent jirachi from using wish and ferrothorn from stealth rocking/spiking or leech seeding me. The actual set itself is fairly straight foward after that with maximum speed and special attack investment to maximize the damage and speed output it has. Hidden power ice is there to nail gliscor, landorus therian, salamence, and dnite (which is hilarious to taunt as it attempts to dd). Focus blast is there to do some decent damage to steel types within the tier such as ferrothorn, heatran, and of course the pink blobs. Finally the choice of electric stab I ran thunder because I ran it on a rain team however thunderbolt would be useful for a weatherless or sun team who want a great nuisance to rain teams.

Stall breaker Thundurus

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Thunder(bolt)
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Ice)
Taunt
I'm the only I've really only ever seen use a set of this sort however I have found it very efficient. Thundurus essentially acts as a taunt tornadus therian aka being able to cripple most walls within the overused such as specially defensive celebii which we all hate, subtoxic gliscor, specially defensive hippowdown, ferrothorn, rain jirachi, and landorus therian lacking stone edge. Essentially I run this thing in a semi stall team and it worked amazingly being able to run damage control when my team came against something that my team hated to face such as ferrothorn and jirachi. It allowed me to shut down the pokemon by using taunt to prevent jirachi from using wish and ferrothorn from stealth rocking/spiking or leech seeding me. The actual set itself is fairly straight foward after that with maximum speed and special attack investment to maximize the damage and speed output it has. Hidden power ice is there to nail gliscor, landorus therian, salamence, and dnite (which is hilarious to taunt as it attempts to dd). Focus blast is there to do some decent damage to steel types within the tier such as ferrothorn, heatran, and of course the pink blobs. Finally the choice of electric stab I ran thunder because I ran it on a rain team however thunderbolt would be useful for a weatherless or sun team who want a great nuisance to rain teams.
No offense, but but as a stall player I am not wasting any of my time attempting to status, set up, to status this monster, I attack it straight up as soon as I can, doing otherwise leaves me to being swept by the regular version that breaks stall, nasty plot Thundurus-T.

i have the most unusual set for Haxorus and i think it might be useful.

Haxorus @choice specs
Trait:Rivalry
EVs:4 atk/252 sp.atk/252 speed
Mild Nature(+sp.atk,-def)
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
HP Fire/HP Rock
Dual Chop

I tried this set out on showdown and choice specs Haxorus took people by surprise.I think this set can be useful and help pick an unusual specs user.

Not sure if this is too gimmicky for you guys, but say hello to my new best friend:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Shell Smash
- Power Split
- Toxic
- Rest

I have been using it as part of a mono-bug team because I needed a good wall. And while it literally can't do anything aside from toxic + waste turns, it is ruthlessly good at that and has been the cause of several rage quits.

The EV's/IV's minimize atk/spa as much as possible. This allows him to effectively gimp anything switching in on him via Power Split, allowing him to waste more turns, or in the case of an opponent immune to Toxic, allowing a teammate to safely switch in on them. Whether it's specially or physically defensive depends on what your team needs more, but it doesn't matter as much because he can still wall both. I find myself switching in on special attacks more often so I made mine specially defensive.

Also, because people are predictable, it's fun to land a toxic/power split on a taunt/trick user on their switch in, and then immediately switch out.

Obligatory replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-30457683

Will have more later ^_^

I'm not too sure if someone posted this before, but I came up with this on my own, and it's been doing wonders for me since.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spa/ 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Yawn
- Psyshock/ Psychic

It's like the regular sub-pass set, but yawn makes it infinitely more easy to build momentum and eliminate checks. Yawn forces the opponent into a corner, and that makes it really easy to pull off a baton pass and assist a sweeper. It can also cripple t-tar and scizor switch ins if used properly.

I'm not too sure if someone posted this before, but I came up with this on my own, and it's been doing wonders for me since.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spa/ 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Yawn
- Psyshock/ Psychic

It's like the regular sub-pass set, but yawn makes it infinitely more easy to build momentum and eliminate checks. Yawn forces the opponent into a corner, and that makes it really easy to pull off a baton pass and assist a sweeper. It can also cripple t-tar and scizor switch ins if used properly.
Lol h34d4ch3, i been using the same set on my sun team and i must agree that it is pretty good. Yawning also help for pokemon that want to setup on your team. Also it gives espeon a free turn to setup Sub so it can baton pass it. Its actually is a fun to use set and it can do a like of good things for your team.

Tauntxicroak

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

I've been using this set for a while, and I've found it to be very effective. I originally made it because my team struggled with Jelliecent, and Taunt transforms Jellicent from one of Toxicroak's biggest counters to one of its biggest setup opportunities (no Will-O-Wisp).

The set basically trades coverage for setup opportunity. With it, Toxicroak sets up on Jellicent, Rotom-W, defensive Politoed and Ferrothorn, among others, not fearing Will-O-Wisp, Perish Song or Thunder Wave. Ice Punch is missed for the super effective coverage, and for hitting Ghost Types on the switch, but Fighting/Dark has great coverage, and Taunt and Sucker Punch work really well together.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since Toxicroak has been mentioned, I might as well post this set that I have been using with quite a lot of success on the OU ladder.

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Bulk Up / Ice Punch

Toxicroak's typing is amazing defensively speaking. It can switch into Water and Fighting types that are running havoc in this Rain infested metagame. While it stats don't scream physical wall, it's typing and ability allow it to switch into top threats. 12 Spe EVs are used to out speed minimum speed Rotom-W, while the rest is placed into HP and Def.

Here's some calcs to demostrate it's impressive tanking abilities.

252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) U-turn in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 11% - 14% (44 - 52 HP). Guaranteed 9HKO.

252Atk Life Orb +2 Lucario (+Atk) Close Combat in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 63% - 74% (234 - 275 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Fight Gem Technician Breloom (+Atk) Focus Punch in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 51% - 60% (189 - 223 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom (+Atk) Bullet Seed in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 32% - 38% (120 - 144 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
(that's 3 hits)

252SpAtk Choice Specs Keldeo (Neutral) Secret Sword in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 26% - 31% (97 - 115 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 37% - 43% (137 - 162 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

As you can see, Toxicroak is a great answer to Physical attackers. What's great is that Toxicroak can also switch into any Water type attack, force the switch, and Toxic the incoming Pokemon. Toxicroak obviously should be paired up with Politoed for Dry Skin, but I've been running Latias with it as it takes on Ground types that Toxicroak fears, like Landorus-I.

Anyway, be sure to test it and tell me what you think.

(Credit's to Shartruce2 for the idea and set)

This set looks like a gimmick but with proper team support it can devastate opponents!

Sceptile @Grass Gem
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Trait: Unburden
Nature: Modest/Timid
- Solarbeam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire
- Energy Ball / Synthesis / Giga Drain

Obviously this set requires sun support and the main counter to sceptile in this aspect is chlorophyll venusaur, however double sceptiles speed after a grass gem solarbeam and you outspeed pretty much the entire metagame! + the fact that sceptile is slightly more powerful than venusaur on the special attack stat you can sweep with the nice coverage that the set brings.
Solarbeam is the main STAB attack on this set and has no drawbacks as long as the sun is up.
Focus blast and HP fire provide additional coverage that helps sceptile 2HKO a heatran or ferrothorn. (HP ice isn't recommended because even gliscor is OHKOd by solarbeam but you might want it to deal with dragonite and salamence). The last move is decided by personal preference, Energy ball for power, giga drain for offensive recovery and synthesis to regain HP (however sceptile is so frail its unlikely you will get a chance to use synthesis).
Overall the niche that this set occupies over venusaur is speed once unburden is activated and slightly more power with reduced longevity due to how frail sceptile is, however if played right this set can be a nightmare for the opponent

Since Toxicroak has been mentioned, I might as well post this set that I have been using with quite a lot of success on the OU ladder.

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Bulk Up / Ice Punch

Toxicroak's typing is amazing defensively speaking. It can switch into Water and Fighting types that are running havoc in this Rain infested metagame. While it stats don't scream physical wall, it's typing and ability allow it to switch into top threats. 12 Spe EVs are used to out speed minimum speed Rotom-W, while the rest is placed into HP and Def.

Here's some calcs to demostrate it's impressive tanking abilities.

252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) U-turn in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 11% - 14% (44 - 52 HP). Guaranteed 9HKO.

252Atk Life Orb +2 Lucario (+Atk) Close Combat in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 63% - 74% (234 - 275 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Fight Gem Technician Breloom (+Atk) Focus Punch in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 51% - 60% (189 - 223 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom (+Atk) Bullet Seed in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 32% - 38% (120 - 144 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
(that's 3 hits)

252SpAtk Choice Specs Keldeo (Neutral) Secret Sword in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 26% - 31% (97 - 115 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat in Rain vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Dry Skin Toxicroak (+Def): 37% - 43% (137 - 162 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

As you can see, Toxicroak is a great answer to Physical attackers. What's great is that Toxicroak can also switch into any Water type attack, force the switch, and Toxic the incoming Pokemon. Toxicroak obviously should be paired up with Politoed for Dry Skin, but I've been running Latias with it as it takes on Ground types that Toxicroak fears, like Landorus-I.

Anyway, be sure to test it and tell me what you think.

(Credit's to Shartruce2 for the idea and set)
its on the site alr

I would like to share with you guys my favorite hazard setter right now. in my opinion it is the best in OU. Before the ladder resets I got to #6 on the ladder with it on PS! pretty quickly and it also helped me get req's this round.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Smeargle is absolutely deadly if executed correctly. Interestingly Smeargle just barely outspeeds lead Skarmory and Breloom, which means it can safely get off the Spore if the opponent leads off with either of them. Spore makes it so that the game starts out with the opponent down one Poke. Once your oppnent's Pokemon is sound asleep then you can safely setup SR. Spikes of course is icing on the cake and is one of Smeargle's main niche over other hazard setters. Now I chose Whirlwind over other moves for a few reasons. First Whirlwind stops Substitute users from blocking your attempts to Spore and then preceding to set up. Oftentimes opponents assume that Smeargle has no way to phaze out the opponent and just proceed to blindly set up. Whirlwind's second purpose is if the opponent chooses to stay in with their sleeping Pokemon, you can make sure that you can reset their sleeping count.

I have founs Magic Coat kind of unnecessary since Deoxys-D got banned. If you feel like it you could try Toxic Spikes over Spikes, but then you face competition from Nidoking who can lay the same hazards but with a decently fast Taunt and a pretty powerful special attack of choice.

Obviously Smeargle is a huge piece of Taunt bait and can completely loose against Lead Terrakion, so having a Pokemon to respond to it is very important. SubDisable Gengar is a great choice since it can block rapid spin attpting to get rid of Smeargle's hazards and it can come in safely on an expected Close Combat. Double Dance Landorus is also a good choice because if it can pretty safely force it out and potentially sweep if Terrakion chooses not to Taunt.

You're either going to love or hate this one. (read: you're going to hate it but bear with me)

Shedinja @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hone Claws
- Baton Pass

A Shedinja that works as a sort of pivot in offensive teams (note: if you cannot remove sand/hail/hazards then this is a terrible idea and you may as well be running 5 mons). Baton Pass is the main move here - it's meant to be used in the same way you'd use a Volt-Turn team. Because Shedinja is Shedinja, it's essentially a free switch in against plenty of popular Pokémon, especially if they're choiced. And because Shedinja is Shedinja, you'll more than likely cause a switch due to lack of ways to hit through Wonder Guard, at which point you Baton Pass to a strong matchup on the switch and gain momentum.

The other moves only really get used later on in the game. Shadow Sneak hurts things a bit and picks off the wounded. Will-o-Wisp is nice to use on the switch if you want to burn something and Team Preview tells you there's no Tyranitar/Abomasnow/Pursuit user about to come in that you need to BP away from immediately. X-Scissor isn't there because it doesn't need to be - this Shedinja's not focused on scoring KOs.

Hone Claws is a nice bonus. Why Hone Claws of all boosting moves? Because it's the only one compatible with Baton Pass. If you can get yourself some free turns, which can be possible depending on your opponent's remaining Pokémon and your choice of item, you can boost up once or twice and pass to your choice of <(physical) sweeper that theoretically steamrolls most teams but always falls victim to Stone/Focus/Hydro/Hi Jump Miss> (which is a staple of every offensive team), possibly netting yourself the game. Or you can use it to power up Shadow Sneak and sweep a team that's weakened/has trouble hitting Shedinja. But really, the pass is used mainly for momentum and escape rather than boosts.

Obviously, Shedinja requires team support, but if you're able to support it, it can offer a great deal in the way of shifting momentum. That, and it's nice to be able to automatically win when there's nothing left on the other team that can hurt it.

batman (Gliscor) (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

I was thinking about make a twist of the old Gliscor set, why not?, Hyper Cutter is also a good option to beat stuff like Landorus-T or Gyarados both with intimidate which they should be more annoying for this Gliscor which are very common today stuff like Landorus-T / Hippowdown ww / Ferrothorn / Breloom / Rotom-W SpD etc which are kinda the kings of balance and bulky offense at this metagame and Gliscor can break this cores easily and being very underrated and hard to expect this at team preview. Movepool is standard from SD acrobatics set as always, i just put this ability and this ev spread.

Most annoying stuff for this set are: Skarmory and Bronzong the only true counters at a defensive team, Mamoswine can break the Subs and priority to kill with Ice Shard, SubDisable Gengar which is more uncommon nowadays. Special threats just put a lot of pressure in Gliscor like Keldeo, Landorus, Thundurus-T, Latios and this stuff.

Some damages:

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 225-264 (92.97 - 109.09%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-T: 370-436 (100.27 - 118.15%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 319-376 (90.62 - 106.81%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 411-484 (97.85 - 115.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 399-469 (101.52 - 119.33%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 272-321 (71.01 - 83.81%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
What are the EVs doing for you? Max Attack is obvious, but do the defensive EVs do anything specific, or are they just for general bulk?

Anyways, looks pretty decent, especially being able to disregard Lando-T.

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

I was thinking about make a twist of the old Gliscor set, why not?, Hyper Cutter is also a good option to beat stuff like Landorus-T or Gyarados both with intimidate which they should be more annoying for this Gliscor which are very common today stuff like Landorus-T / Hippowdown ww / Ferrothorn / Breloom / Rotom-W SpD etc which are kinda the kings of balance and bulky offense at this metagame and Gliscor can break this cores easily and being very underrated and hard to expect this at team preview. Movepool is standard from SD acrobatics set as always, i just put this ability and this ev spread.

Most annoying stuff for this set are: Skarmory and Bronzong the only true counters at a defensive team, Mamoswine can break the Subs and priority to kill with Ice Shard, SubDisable Gengar which is more uncommon nowadays. Special threats just put a lot of pressure in Gliscor like Keldeo, Landorus, Thundurus-T, Latios and this stuff.

Some damages:

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 225-264 (92.97 - 109.09%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-T: 370-436 (100.27 - 118.15%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 319-376 (90.62 - 106.81%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 411-484 (97.85 - 115.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 399-469 (101.52 - 119.33%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 272-321 (71.01 - 83.81%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Nice set ! I also used this set with U-turn > Sub to trapp starmie / lati@s with ttar, you can also use taunt, at +6, Skarmory can take that much Acrobatics without Roosting away the damage

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Obviously to be run on a sun team. After trapping and killing something, a ferro/skarm/etc switch is inevitable as it can go to town since dugtrio can't harm it. This changes that!

0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Forretress (+SpDef) : 82.47% - 97.59%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Ferrothorn: 43.18% - 51.14%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Skarmory: 34.73% - 41.32%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 74.58% - 88.14%
0 SpAtk Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Scizor: 74.02% - 88.26%
(I've had them try to u-turn out multiple times since a switch seemed likely)

Not bad damage output for that oft neglected 4th spot!

Edit: these calcs are with sun
This is one of the better sets I've seen on here. Very clever, original, and unique. A note: if you don't care about speed-tying Alakazam, you can run only 228 Speed EVs (enough to beat Scarf TTar counting the HP Fire drop). This allows you to run 252 Att/ 28 SpAtt/ 228 Spe, Naive.

28 SpA Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor in sun: 224-264 (65.3 - 76.96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
28 SpA Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress in sun: 276-328 (77.96 - 92.65%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You have a chance to OHKO Min SpDef Forry after Stealth Rock with this spread!!

What are the EVs doing for you? Max Attack is obvious, but do the defensive EVs do anything specific, or are they just for general bulk?

Anyways, looks pretty decent, especially being able to disregard Lando-T.
Adamant Lucario but is very possible run 252 / 252 +atk

Nice set ! I also used this set with U-turn > Sub to trapp starmie / lati@s with ttar, you can also use taunt, at +6, Skarmory can take that much Acrobatics without Roosting away the damage
I dont see the point to use U-turn but Baton Pass is a solid to option just to scout the best RK like Lati@s twins and Starmie, also helps to trap stuff like SubDisable Gengar and passing the Sword Dance boost is a solid option like Rock Polish is decent too over Substitute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)