Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to slash Poison Heal on that set, since it gives an effective immunity to spore (+other status) and also better recovery than leftovers. The one-turn of status vulnerability means you need a free switch though. Otherwise, that's a pretty good Imposter lure that most people won't expect (yet...). Unfortunately it doesn't look like it makes much of a dent in bulky Steel types (and coverage for that would invalidate its use against Imposter).

Thanks, I usually use my Slaking as a lead and didn't think twice about giving it Poison Heal. That would definitely be stronger than a Vital Spirit set, and would be better than a Sap Sipper set in some cases too. I'll be sure to try it out.

Yeah, the set really comes short against Steel or Rock types like Rhydon. Best way to deal with that is take them out by other means then send it back in.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Poison Heal Slaking also has access to Facade. I know it's a stronger attack for the Imposter mon to use, but it's not boosted and you have a stronger attack for everything else.

No mention of unaware kyogre, heatran, or gigas/slaking? Unaware heatran is a damn good cont kyu-w counter. Unaware gigas and slaking can 2hko with extremespeed and can both take a draco. Kyogre can take a draco and boost up with quiver dance, avoiding the 2hko, leaf storm can be a problem though. Also, speed boost fake out users revenge kill kyu-w with ease, as do prankster spore users.

Kyu-w has potential for some nasty other sets though, such as no guard.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heatran is an interesting unawaremon, but often struggles due to its relatively mediocre bulk by bh standards, although it gets a reasonably solid matchup vs kyurem-w

Gigas and slaking are outclassed by arceus as an unaware mon, and dont even come close to a 2hko: 252+ Atk Regigigas ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-W: 142-168 (31.27 - 37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Kyogre is generally too frail and gets roasted by dmeteor...
252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 175-207 (43.31 - 51.23%) -- 98.83% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Poison Heal Slaking also has access to Facade. I know it's a stronger attack for the Imposter mon to use, but it's not boosted and you have a stronger attack for everything else.
Yeah, Facade would be a good option on the set so long as your team isn't using Toxic Spikes. With activated Poison Heal on your own Slaking you can easily beat the Imposter through attrition (if they stay in) since their attack is effectively halved relative to yours and they get no auto-recovery.

Also Poison Heal may open up options over softboiled, such as Magic Coat, which is good to have in the lead position (and helps with activating the Toxic Orb).

About the Slaking set, imposter can indeed beat it, because with chanseyed slaking bulk, it can take your hits and pp stall you with softboiled, switching out to something reasonably bulky every five turns to keep the pp up. Of course, if you run shift gear you can boost on it, but then you risk getting wrecked by Rhydon. Spore with poison heal seems the best choice, as you can ruin Chansey with sleep. I have been messing around with poison heal slaking for a while, and it from what I can tell, it's largest advantage over imposters is the poison's status immunity, allowing it to run a status move to cripple the imposters.

Heatran is an interesting unawaremon, but often struggles due to its relatively mediocre bulk by bh standards, although it gets a reasonably solid matchup vs kyurem-w

Gigas and slaking are outclassed by arceus as an unaware mon, and dont even come close to a 2hko: 252+ Atk Regigigas ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-W: 142-168 (31.27 - 37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
LO,band and even silk scarf 2hko with rocks. Band 2hkoes without.
Band unaware slaking/gigas is a good get-out-of-jail-free card that can also deal some good damage. I usually would run outrage/hjk/es/v-create on it. Outrage 2hkoes giratina switch-ins but does not 2hko without a band, so your own giratina can wall imposters(which usually pick hjk anyway :p).

Kyogre is generally too frail and gets roasted by dmeteor...
252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 175-207 (43.31 - 51.23%) -- 98.83% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Kyogre can't really switch in on it, but can definitely set up on it with a unaware quiver dance +recover set( which imo, is an amazing sweeper, also beats imposter).

Kyogre can't really switch in on it, but can definitely set up on it with a unaware quiver dance +recover set( which imo, is an amazing sweeper, also beats imposter).
The problem with Kyogre, is that it can't necessarily set up on many other variants of Kyurem-W, especially Kyurem-W's with Leaf Storm and Lum Berry

For statistics to prove my point click the show button.

Items |
| Lum Berry 28.681% |
| Leftovers 24.258% |
| Choice Scarf 23.368% |
| Life Orb 12.793% |
| Choice Specs 2.169% |
| Expert Belt 1.421% |
| Draco Plate 1.235% |
| Focus Sash 1.094% |
| Other 4.981%

Moves |
| Draco Meteor 64.018% |
| Ice Beam 32.342% |
| V-create 27.401% |
| Spacial Rend 20.432% |
| Overheat 20.363% |
| Leaf Storm 19.515% |
| Roost 17.597% |
| Trick 17.392% |
| Dragon Pulse 14.783% |
| Heart Swap 13.857% |
| Spore 12.565% |
| Fusion Flare 11.597% |
| Blizzard 11.545% |
| Gastro Acid 10.929% |
| Volt Switch 10.455% |
| ExtremeSpeed 10.157% |
| Blue Flare 9.318% |
| Recover 7.841% |
| Tail Glow 4.605% |
| Aura Sphere 4.451% |
| Protect 3.920% |
| Psycho Boost 3.746% |
| Focus Blast 3.549% |
| Substitute 3.358% |
| Earth Power 3.337% |
| Zap Cannon 3.019% |
| Nothing 2.728% |
| Quiver Dance 2.584% |
| Ice Shard 2.027% |
| Searing Shot 1.987% |
| Rapid Spin 1.762% |
| Aeroblast 1.743% |
| Hydro Cannon 1.624% |
| Superpower 1.501% |
| Weather Ball 1.276% |
| Magic Coat 1.235% |
| Other 19.442%

As you can see, Kyurem-W often has Lum Berry and Leaf Storm which gives Kyogre a really hard time to set up. Take a look at this damage calculation:

252+ SpA Kyurem-W Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 234-276 (57.92 - 68.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO;

I know you said Leaf Storm could be a problem, but it seems like a wasted effort to just hope that the foe does not have Leaf Storm.

I dislike running leaf storm on kyu w because you don't want Chansey coming out and smashing your team with draco. This can quickly become disastrous, because your own kyu w can't OHKO Chansey with no stat boosts. If you do use leaf storm, you should pack a hard counter, like unaware Chansey or Shedinja.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No dont use shedinja.... It really is bad.... If youre running contrary kyurem-w the way to beat chansey is with a scarf, and you really shouldnt be running it otherwise, which makes that a moot point. The occasional scarf blissey that wins the speed tie can pose problems, but something as simple as prankster spore pretty cleanly deals with that

No dont use shedinja.... It really is bad.... If youre running contrary kyurem-w the way to beat chansey is with a scarf, and you really shouldnt be running it otherwise, which makes that a moot point. The occasional scarf blissey that wins the speed tie can pose problems, but something as simple as prankster spore pretty cleanly deals with that
Shedinja isn't necessarily bad. The fact that packing a Shedinja counter is mandatory only means it made a big impact in the metagame..... However, all good teams have counters to it. Still, Shedinja has a niche for walling many common pokemon such as Kyurem-W (See above) and most offensive pokemon lacking something that can counter it such as Leech Seed. Shedinja is one of those pokemon that requires immense support. And should not be underestimated because of that.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That isn't the first place a similar strategy has been used. DiveCats, originally consisting of Prankster Assist Liepard and Purrloin holding a Lagging Tail and teammates knowing two-turn moves and moves unselectable by Assist, first appeared on Nugget Bridge some time ago. It's a hilarious strategy, but you can only really win with it in VGC matches, which have a timer. Imanalt says it's pretty poor in BH.

That isn't the first place a similar strategy has been used. DiveCats, originally consisting of Prankster Assist Liepard and Purrloin holding a Lagging Tail and teammates knowing two-turn moves and moves unselectable by Assist, first appeared on Nugget Bridge some time ago. It's a hilarious strategy, but you can only really win with it in VGC matches, which have a timer. Imanalt says it's pretty poor in BH.
Dive-Cat and similar strategies are usually pretty bad for BH because it's extremely unreliable (Lower priority and higher priority stop it)

Question:

Technically, shouldn't the PokeStar Studios opponents be allowed in this tier (or in Pure Hackmons)? Like Giratina-O without the Griseous Orb or Meloetta-P without Relic Song, it's possible to use them in battle through hacks without any problems.

Question:

Technically, shouldn't the PokeStar Studios opponents be allowed in this tier (or in Pure Hackmons)? Like Giratina-O without the Griseous Orb or Meloetta-P without Relic Song, it's possible to use them in battle through hacks without any problems.
Answer:

Go back about 2 pages and read of of the bottom posts for your answer.

Answer:

Go back about 2 pages and read of of the bottom posts for your answer.
The last few pages discuss only the 'newly discovered' forme changes, not anything about PokeStar Studios opponents. A search of the whole thread for "PokeWood" or "PokeStar" returns only the last three posts (including this one) as results.

Did I miss something?

The last few pages discuss only the 'newly discovered' forme changes, not anything about PokeStar Studios opponents. A search of the whole thread for "PokeWood" or "PokeStar" returns only the last three posts (including this one) as results.

Did I miss something?
You can use Meloetta and Giratina and Arceus and Darmanitan in any forme with using their specific item or move.

A set i've used on my sand team:
Latios @ Lum Berry
EVS: should be obvious, Modest Nature
Ability: Sand Rush
Tail Glow
Draco Meteor/Spacial Rend
Blue Flare
Aura Sphere/Magic Coat/Spore

You can use Meloetta and Giratina and Arceus and Darmanitan in any forme with using their specific item or move.
I'm aware of that, but that wasn't the original question.

Shouldn't the PokeStar Studios opponents be allowed in this tier (or in Pure Hackmons), because it's possible to use them in battle through hacks without any problems?

A set i've used on my sand team:
Latios @ Lum Berry
EVS: should be obvious, Modest Nature
Ability: Sand Rush
Tail Glow
Draco Meteor/Spacial Rend
Blue Flare
Aura Sphere/Magic Coat/Spore
Nice set, however, Why would you use Latios without Soul Dew? 50% boost to Sp. Atk/Sp. Def is WAY better than Lum Berry in my opinion, might as well use Rayquaza if you want to use a Lum Berry. Either way, it seems particularly effective when the imposter (if there is one) is already dealt with because you can start a sweep with Tail Glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)