Gen V STABmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Sableye set I see has something around:

Prankster @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe (HP and Speed are sometimes switched)
Impish Nature
- Dark Void
- INSERT STATUS MOVE HERE
- Destiny Bond
- Foul Play (For the Taunts)
The second move would assuredly be Taunt.

Goodbye, Golurk. I'll kind of miss you. You were the ultimate HO Pokemon.
...he'll be allowed in STABmons Ubers if that ever becomes a thing, right?

(I realise that OHKO moves are being banned and not Golurk, but let's face it. It has pretty much nothing else going for it.)

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
With Prankster Sableye doesn't really need the Speed EVs, the only thing that will outspeed it is Whimsicott and other Pranksters, but then you could switch to something can absorb sleep anyway. I dunno about running a status move, since he has a reliable sleep move now, but I guess WoW could still be useful. I run recover though since he's my physical wall as well.

Also, since Psychics get Cosmic Power now, maybe Slowbro could abuse it. Stored Power as well.

good bibarel smash pass set
Bibarel @ white herb

ability: simple
evs: 128 def 128 sdef 252 spe
substitute
shell smash
baton pass
recover/yawn

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Wish

Yeah this is kinda for lulz...

Reason why OHKO is banned. Here's a Golurk Playtest video.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokecommunity-customgame-39488
I'm in a video, granted, my butt is being handed to me, but still lol

Scizor is a beast. The ability to 2HKO Thunderus after SR and a Gear Grind after one boost is awesome, even while holding Lefties. I'm sad ScarfedToed can still outspeed if it is running a bulky spread. Anyone got a better spread for Zor besides a 252 Hp/252 Atk+? Would speed benefit it or more or the bulky spread for trying to get multiple boosts?

SpartanMalice

For trying to get multiple boosts, HP is probably the best option. However everyone's running Shift Gear now and prefer Gear Grind over Bullet Punch, so you might have to invest in speed in order to outspeed.

EV

Banned deucer.
Sleeping on the Job:
A Guide to Sleep in STABmons​

• ||What are we working with?||
Spore: Grass -- 100% acc -- 15pp
Dark Void: Dark -- 80% acc -- 10pp
Lovely Kiss: Normal -- 75% acc -- 10pp
Sleep Powder: Grass -- 75% acc - 15pp
Hypnosis: Psychic -- 60% acc -- 20pp
Sing: Normal -- 55% acc -- 15pp
GrassWhistle: Grass -- 55% acc -- 15pp

• ||Who runs it?||
Prankster
Spore:

Dark Void:

Set Up/Offensive
Spore:

Dark Void:

Lovely Kiss:

Support
Spore:

Dark Void:

Lovely Kiss:

• ||What stops it?||
Magic Bounce
Magic Coat
Taunt
Substitute
Sap Sipper (Spore/Sleep Powder/GrassWhistle)
Insomnia
Vital Spirit
Soundproof (Sing/GrassWhistle)
Safeguard
Guts
Poison Heal

SpartanMalice

Just an idea, but Coil could probably be effective on mixed sets for Grass/Poison pokemon with Seed Flare.

Eevee, wouldn't Sap Sipper stop Grasswhistle too ? Though nobody's gonna be using it anyway with Spore around...

Might wanna add Murkrow to that list of Support pokes that can Dark Void. With Prankster he really likes Dark Void on his PerishTrap set.

EDIT: Nvm, I'm stupid, just saw you put a separate column for Pranksters.

SpartanMalice

OHKO is banned already.

Yeah, Murkrow can be a decent alternative to sableye. Lower defenses and no destiny bond, but PerishTrap with Void sounds good. And he's got Tailwind as well.

Some more Dark moves. Fake Tears ? It does the same job as Seed Flare, with better accuracy, and they can use it with Prankster.

You mean you baton-passed ~15 boosts to Golurk and it swept??

D: D: D: BAN OHKO

regardless, it's silly to arbitrarily change fundamental OU clauses because it further highlights the absurdity of changing everything else.
It is more of the fact that all it needs is speed to sweep. It didn't even really need the defense boosts. With Gravity and Fissure, it can OHKO any pokemon for 5 turns and if there isn't a flier all it needs is for Ninjask to pass 3 or so speed boosts to it and then you're done. It can also boost its own speed with Rock Polish. There is also Trick Room to take into account.

For a lead Chansey set, would Mental Herb be better or Lum Berry for SmashPssing?

It is more of the fact that all it needs is speed to sweep. It didn't even really need the defense boosts. With Gravity and Fissure, it can OHKO any pokemon for 5 turns and if there isn't a flier all it needs is for Ninjask to pass 3 or so speed boosts to it and then you're done. It can also boost its own speed with Rock Polish. There is also Trick Room to take into account.

For a lead Chansey set, would Mental Herb be better or Lum Berry for SmashPssing?
I just wanted to accumulate a lot of boosts to be able to reliably switch in, set up gravity, and sweep with it. Plus, it's a lot of fun doing BP, because if I want, I can pull off a Stored power sweep instead.

EV

Banned deucer.
So it has been a couple days (even with Smogon down). What do you guys think about the pre-evo moves? Has anyone tested Belly Drum/Shell Smash Azumarill? Should we keep access to pre-evo STAB?

Vote: Y or N

I say Yes.

SpartanMalice

I haven't tried pre-evo moves yet since no one's playing Super Stab at the moment, but I'll give it a shot. Mostly though, other than Extremespeed Azumarill/Shell Smash Azumarill I don't really see anything wrong with allowing them.

Regardless, I'll vote Yes. This makes things more interesting.

SpartanMalice

Custom Game. Flareon could probably benefit from Belly Drum/Espeed/V-Create. All it would need to worry about it is faster E-speeders, since the speed drop from V-Create is negligible and the attack drops are only noticeable after 4 turns when it negates the Belly Drum boost. It would have to survive though. Maybe Slack Off for recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)