Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
when I user Firefox I don't have pokemon cries but only music, please tell me how to fix to have poke cry :)
It's most likely because either you have cries off, which you can change in the sound menu located next to your name, or it's because of Firefox; it seems to have problems with the sound on PS.

How do you register for Pokemon Showdown

I have been trying to chat in the lobby but it keeps saying i need to register with pokemon showdown, i dont get it

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have been trying to chat in the lobby but it keeps saying i need to register with pokemon showdown, i dont get it
To Register for Pokemon Showdown!, you need to win a rated battle (i.e. one on the ladder). When you win a rated battle, a text box will pop up and you will enter some info like your password/whatever.

Im new to showdown and i registered an account then i turn the computer off and left for a while when i came back and turned the computer back on and went to showdown i was not logged in and i dont know how to log back in thanx and sorry if this is a newb question

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
Im new to showdown and i registered an account then i turn the computer off and left for a while when i came back and turned the computer back on and went to showdown i was not logged in and i dont know how to log back in thanx and sorry if this is a newb question
There should be a "Choose Name" button in the upper right hand corner. Click this, enter your username an password, and you should be good to go.

Hi, this might have been asked before, so Im sorry if Im repeating here, but Im wondering if there is a way to remove or shrink the battle chat and thus move the battle screen to the center?

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, this might have been asked before, so Im sorry if Im repeating here, but Im wondering if there is a way to remove or shrink the battle chat and thus move the battle screen to the center?
You should be able to just "X out" the lobby tab at the top. However, I don't believe the battle window will grow in size.

You should be able to just "X out" the lobby tab at the top. However, I don't believe the battle window will grow in size.
Doing this will extend the text portion of the battle screen as opposed to shifting both the animation window and the text portion towards the center, which I believe he was getting at.

Are boxes a planned feature? PL had boxes where you could store commonly used sets and have them quickly added to a new team, very handy.

Hello, for some reason pokemon showdown just does not start up. the home/ chat page just does not start up, my internet is working fine. it says you have been disconnected even before it starts up. was i banned or something?

Doing this will extend the text portion of the battle screen as opposed to shifting both the animation window and the text portion towards the center, which I believe he was getting at.
Indeed, this is what I meant, I'd just like having the battle animations screen at the center, but I guess it's not possible.

Every time I go onto showdown the this strip of line appears and I can log in, but I can't watch battles, play them, or anything else! please help!

Is it possible to limit the range of ratings that you can battle with like you could on PO. For example, if my rating is 1600, can I make it so that I can only battle people in the 1500-1700 range? Thanks in advance!

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Is it possible to limit the range of ratings that you can battle with like you could on PO. For example, if my rating is 1600, can I make it so that I can only battle people in the 1500-1700 range? Thanks in advance!
There is already a system in place where it tries to find other users within a given range, however this range is not decided by the user and it put in place by default. This range increases the longer you look for a battle.

Im not sure if custom ranges are going to be implemented or not, but do understand that there is a range system already in place.

Weird link glitch became ban

I was trying to post a link, but somehow a youtube link became an inappropriate link. I was wondering if there is any way to recover my account or make a new one. I'm disappointed that I can't enjoy showdown anymore.
Username was blazinasian19

hey does anyone know why PS was down recently? the error message said it was a DDoS attack, but why would anyone target PS?

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was trying to post a link, but somehow a youtube link became an inappropriate link. I was wondering if there is any way to recover my account or make a new one. I'm disappointed that I can't enjoy showdown anymore.
Username was blazinasian19
If you think you were banned unjustly, make an appeal in the ban appeals forum. Changing your username will not unban you as the ban encompasses all alts shared by the banned alt's IP adress.

That being said, you will be unbanned at the next server restart for sure, which happens every few days.

hey does anyone know why PS was down recently? the error message said it was a DDoS attack, but why would anyone target PS?
Yea, it was a DDoS attack. I too am surprised that people would target our innocent site, but apparently some people in this world are assholes. We just have to move on.

Oh and (this may have already been asked; if so, I apologize) why is missingno a choosable pokemon, and why is "magikarp's revenge" a choosable move, even though neither can actually be used? Just for the hell of it I'm assuming?

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
magikarp's revenge was a test move for testing multiple effect moves

missingno featured in april fools' day 2012

no idea why they're still selectable but it's pretty obvious they're fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)