Gen V STABmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Some of us get together on http://pokecommunity.psim.us/. Harbinger of Peace was organizing times to meet before everything went down. We can start that up again.

I also talked to Joim, who is really busy atm, but is willing to implement it in the Lab. I offered my help as well.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Considering that this involves individual movepool changes for all 693 pokemon though, I'm not surprised Joim hasn't implemented it yet. I'll be patient. Didn't know you guys played on that server though.

Just wanted to mention that for coverage options all Eeveelutions now get Naturepower (aka Earthquake). Which is a good thing for Flareon & Leafeon especially. Azumarill could benefit from that as well.

Wooh! Smogon is back!
Anyways, I haven't tried the pre-evo thing yet, since Smogon was down. I might try and arrange another meeting, to test it out some.

Problem is that everyone's scattered among different servers.

Maybe we should decide on a server to play on and collect the nicknames of people playing it.

Anyway until we decide on a server I'll be on Joim's Lab as CookieMonstah. I'm always up for a Stabmons game.

Problem is that everyone's scattered among different servers.

Maybe we should decide on a server to play on and collect the nicknames of people playing it.

Anyway until we decide on a server I'll be on Joim's Lab as CookieMonstah. I'm always up for a Stabmons game.
Good idea. What server would be preferred?

I don't think Pre-Evos moves should be banned. It doesn't make any sense flavour/mechanic wise and the big problem it presents is just a few certain problem moves.

I'd be much more in favour of a Shell Smash ban or individual move ban before banning a mechanic that makes sense.

Most moves however are only near broken on a select few pokemon(Belly Drum on Sawsbuck) for example, but Shell Smash is nearly broken on everything...so it'd be the first thing I'd look at....but obviously things that already get Shell Smash should be safe.

EV

Banned deucer.
I did post a Where to play section in the first post. If you guys keep posting screen names and such I will expand it.

canno

formerly The Reptile
You can usually find me as DreMZ on servers, and I usually go on DuskServer, Dream University, and sometime Pokemon Community because of STABmons. Oh, and obviously main.

Mirror Move Tornadus sounds interesting. Especially on things that use moves that are weak to itself, like Earth Power Heatran and the myriad of EdgeQuake rock types.

Mirror Move Tornadus sounds interesting. Especially on things that use moves that are weak to itself, like Earth Power Heatran and the myriad of EdgeQuake rock types.
What numbskull would use a Ground move on Tornadus tho? On the contrary, Heatran is a surefire counter to this as it can take Aeroblasts and doesnt care about Mirror Moving his Fire Attack to him.

It got the surprise factor but once your opponent knows your moveset it's easily played around.

EV

Banned deucer.
To be honest, I was surprised Mirror Move copied Aeroblast. I thought it would copy Psystrike, unless I'm remembering its effect wrong.

Uhm, what about Meloetta? Does the singing poke get access to normal, psychic AND fighting moves or does she limit herself to Normal/Psychic since she can get Fighting type only through battle?

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I didn't realize smogon was back up... Anyways you can generally find me playing here: http://oriserver.psim.us/ under 725roy

That said, my opinion on this:
So it has been a couple days (even with Smogon down). What do you guys think about the pre-evo moves? Has anyone tested Belly Drum/Shell Smash Azumarill? Should we keep access to pre-evo STAB?
My vote a Yes simply because it give some pokes that normally would be outshined, a brliiant chance.

Most of the battles are scheduled at Pokecommunity. I am there occasionally meeting up with friends, playing STABmons, etc. And, about the pre-evo / alternate form rule, I think rotom form Stabs should be accessable to all formes. If all Rotom forms get ghost type moves, then all the formes should get every other stab moves, since they are all easily interchangeable. That is my opinion on that.

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I tend to be on The Battle Tower and main, although I occasionally pop into both Joim's Lab and Pokecommunity, all as TalkTakesTime, so hit me up for a game if you ever want. I'm getting bored of battling the same people

EV

Banned deucer.
And, about the pre-evo / alternate form rule, I think rotom form Stabs should be accessable to all formes. If all Rotom forms get ghost type moves, then all the formes should get every other stab moves, since they are all easily interchangeable. That is my opinion on that.
We should address this. Rotom-W with Hydro Pump/Water Spout, Thunder, Hurricane, and Ice Beam/Spore in the Rain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)