(1v1) Gotta Troll Fast (Peaked #4)

Anyone who has played 1v1 knows that it's pretty much Rock-Paper-Scissors, but there's a way to increase your odds as much as possible. With Jirachi and Togekiss, you can win approximately 60% of the time after Turn 1 with Serene Grace + Paraflinch, but a lot of the time, you are dealing with Lum Berries and priority moves, so it's actually lower than 60% overall. By using Dragonite, you can get as much coverage as possible with Extremespeed, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch (or Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Dance, etc.). I got to 2101 on the 1v1 ladder before my Glicko2 was under 100 and eventually peaked at #4 as well, but the Dragonite set is so overused that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put into action. This set is not only strategic, but it's also fun to both win with it and cause rage quits.

Gotta Troll Fast (Whimsicott) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
Level: 98
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 31 Spd
EVs: 148 Def / 244 Spd / 116 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Hidden Power (Flying)

Using these specifications, I have maximized Whimsicott's potential for 1v1 competition. We'll go down the list to see why each thing is the way it is.

Attract is not that common in 1v1, but it doesn't hurt to account for it. Most Attract users will choose a female Pokemon, so by making my Whimsicott female, I block Attract most of the time.

I choose Focus Sash to survive power hits (mostly on the special side) that OHKO it. There is always the chance for burn, poison, or freeze, but that chance always exists, so there's not much I can do to prevent it. Very few Pokemon even attempt Zap Cannon, so I can usually stop myself from being paralyzed. Confusion from moves like Confuse Ray, DynamicPunch, etc., can be really annoying. I usually have to win some 50-50 chances, but if I can, the match will usually be over at that point.

Whimsicott without Prankster is like Lugia without Multiscale. There really is no reason for Whimsicott to be without it. It allows it to gain a priority on all its non-attacking moves.

You probably noticed Whimsicott's level before anything else. Why is it level 98 and not 100? That all comes down to some very intricate calculations. The only Prankster users that stand a chance at beating Whimsicott at speed are Liepard (max 342) and Tornadus/Thundurus (max 353). At level 98 with a 31 IV in Spd and a 244 EV investment, I reach a speed of 354. If I made Whimsicott even one level lower, it would, with a max 252 EV investment in Spd, only reach a speed of 353, tying the max speed of Tornadus/Thundurus. It's better not to leave it to a 50-50 chance. Of course, that still doesn't fully answer the question as to why it is level 98.

Whimsicott relies on Leech Seed to restore its HP and stall out the opponent. If it was at level 100 and had an IV of 31 in HP, that greatly decreases its chances of meeting the HP requirement in 2 turns to use Substitute. By making it level 98 and giving it an IV of 0 in HP, I have been able to have enough HP for a substitute without any problems. The closest I've come to not having it was against a Medicham. I got off Leech Seed, and it used Ice Punch, getting me down to 1 HP (shows as 1%). I recovered HP from Leech Seed right after that. I then used Protect, and he used Ice Punch again. After the second HP gain from Leech Seed, I had 26% of my HP, which was barely enough for a substitute. It would then bounce back and forth between 2%, 27%, 3%, 28%, etc., until it was defeated.

The EV spread looks a bit strange, but it has some logic behind it. The 244 EVs in Spd were already explained. Giving Whimsicott 116 EVs in SpA allows it to OHKO (or, if sashed, 2KO) Breloom:

116SpAtk lvl 98 Whimsicott (Neutral) Hidden Power (Flying) (68 power) vs 4HP/0SpDef Breloom (Neutral): 100% - 119% (264 - 312 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Most people invest all their EVs for Breloom in Att and Spd and put the remaining 4 in HP giving Breloom a max HP of 262. If I gave Whimsicott even 4 less EVs in SpA, I only do 260 damage to it at the minimum, and when everything counts, it is best to make it a guarantee. Of course, Breloom often has a Focus Sash on it, so some prediction might be required to defeat it. The majority of the time, Breloom will go right for Spore, so I might set up a Substitute first, use HP Flying, it'll break my substitute, and then I'll finish it off with HP Flying. Breloom is a very potent threat in 1v1 due to it being a good Cloyster counter, so being prepared for it has won me a lot of matches.

Finally, the 148 EV investment in Def helps me survive priority Extremespeed from Dragonite, Lucario, etc., and other priority users who are faster. Its IV is 0 in Att since Whimsicott doesn't need its attack stat and gives me a higher chance of beating Prankster Liepard and other users who spam Foul Play after a forced attack boost. Its Timid nature helps lower its attack while giving it the speed it needs.

For most opponents, on Turn 1, I will use Leech Seed. On Turn 2, I will use Protect. On Turn 3, I will use Substitute. I'll then repeat turns 2 and 3 until the opponent is defeated. HP Flying it to deal with Breloom and F.E.A.R. users. It also helps against other Grass-types, namely other Whimsicotts who run Cotton Guard, Taunt, or Encore.

Strategies I'm strong against:

F.E.A.R (if using Leech Seed on Turn 1 and HP Flying on Turn 2)
CounterCoat (if using my normal strategy)
Trick (if predicted on Turn 1 and using Substitute on Turn 2)
All-Out Attackers (if using my normal strategy)
Status (if predicted and blocked with Substitute)
Flinch (if using my normal strategy)
Choice Users (if using my normal strategy)

Strategies I'm weak against:

Recovery
PP Stall

Abilities that stop my strategy:

Magic Bounce
Magic Guard

Common Pokemon I'm Strong Against:

Charizard
Blastoise
Rattata
Raticate
Pikachu
Arcanine (sans Flare Blitz burn)
Poliwrath
Machamp
Dewgong
Gengar
Hypno
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Seaking
Starmie
Magikarp (people use this a lot as a joke)
Gyarados
Jolteon
Flareon
Omastar
Kabutops
Articuno
Dragonite
Mew (All-Out Attacker variant)
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Crobat
Politoed (All-Out Attacker variant)
Quagsire
Wobbuffet
Scizor
Kingdra
Donphan
Smeargle (F.E.A.R variant)
Hitmontop
Raikou
Entei
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Swampert
Taillow (F.E.A.R variant)
Breloom
Slaking
Ninjask
Shedinja
Hariyama
Aron (F.E.A.R variant)
Aggron
Medicham
Flygon
Absol
Salamence
Metagross
Regice
Latias
Latios
Jirachi
Infernape
Empoleon
Rampardos
Ambipom
Lopunny (if Switcheroo is predicted)
Bronzong
Spiritomb
Garchomp
Lucario
Toxicroak
Togekiss
Yanmega
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass
Rotom (all variants)
Azelf
Victini
Emboar
Samurott
Stoutland
Liepard
Gigalith
Conkeldurr
Seismitoad
Throh
Sawk
Whimsicott (Cotton Guard/Taunt/Encore variants)
Krookodile
Darmanitan (sans Flare Blitz burn)
Crustle
Carracosta
Archeops
Garbodor
Zoroark
Escavalier
Eelektross
Chandelure
Haxorus
Mienshao
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Bouffalant
Braviary (All-Out Attacker variant)
Hydregion
Volcarona
Terrakion (All-Out Attacker variant)
Tornadus
Thundurus
Kyurem-B
Keldeo
Genesect

Common Pokemon That Check:

Dragonite - If the user is competent, all you have to do is use Fire Punch on Turn 1 and Extremespeed after until Whimsicott dies. However, with 148 EVs in Def, it is not a clear counter since Dragonite is so versatile, so only a specific Dragonite with proper prediction stands the best chance at beating it.

Heatran - Magma Storm can bring Whimsicott down to its sash and kill it with trap damage, but it only has 75% accuracy. Other fire types might try to use Inferno, but it only has 50% accuracy. With that being said, if Heatran misses Magma Storm, it is game over, so it's not a clear counter.

Cinccino - With 148 EVs in defense, Cinccino has to get a critical hit or two outside of a hit on a substitute in order to win. Not only that, but Tail Slap only has 85% accuracy, so it's not a guarantee that it'll hit every time and get a critical hit or two somewhere along the line.

Ferrothorn - Very few people use Ferrothorn in 1v1 due to all the powerful Fire moves in play, but Ferrothorn completely counters my Whimsicott. However, some Whimsicott users run Hidden Power Fire out of spite, so Ferrothorn isn't a clear counter to every Whimsicott in play.

Mamoswine - Icicle Spear variants can pose a problem to Whimsicott, although it relies a little bit on luck and prediction.

Ditto - It all comes down to prediction. If it is a Choice Scarf Ditto, I will win since my Hidden Power Flying will take it out faster than its Hidden Power Dark. If the Ditto has modified its IVs so that its Hidden Power will be super-effective against me (most that are modified run IVs of 30 in Att and Def, giving it HP Ice for good coverage), I can try to stall it with Protect, Substitute, Protect, Substitute, and Protect, making my HP at 50% and its PP at 0, forcing it to use Struggle. In this instance, I can then use Hidden Power Flying to finish it off. If it is a Custap Berry Ditto trying to win the speed tie, I have to predict it, although due to my 0 IVs and EVs in HP, the opposing Ditto can usually 2KO me. If it can't and it comes down to the wire, I have to use Protect when its Custap Berry activates. This will give me a 50-50 chance of winning. Ditto is a great Pokemon to use in 1v1, but it isn't a clear counter to Whimsicott.

Whimsicott - If the other Whimsicott is carrying a super-effective Hidden Power, it will usually outspeed due to being level 100 and KOing me before I can KO it with HP Flying. However, if its fourth move is Cotton Guard, Taunt, or Encore, I will win.

Trick or Switcheroo users
- If I am unable to predict my opponent's Trick or Switcheroo, it's usually game over for me, but if I can and get up a substitute, it's usually game over for my opponent.

Substitute users - Some Pokemon play mind games by making you think they will use Fake Out but then go for Substitute instead. Once behind a substitute, it's game over for me, but if I can predict it, it's usually game over for my opponent.

Feint users - Yes, I've seen it. It doesn't work all the time, but it can be a problem if played well.

Common Pokemon That Counter:

Cloyster - Without exception, there is no way for a competent Whimsicott user to beat a competent Cloyster user. Icicle Spear OHKOs. Even if I were to change Whimsicott to level 100, give it a Bold nature, and give it 252 EVs in HP and Def, all Cloyster has to do is get up one Shell Smash. Even if I were to change from Hidden Power Flying to Cotton Guard, Cloyster will still win in the end. What's that? I should use Hidden Power Electric/Grass? Ha, don't make me laugh. Cloyster is, by far, the best counter to Whimsicott. This is not just due to it winning, but it's also due to it winning very quickly unlike other users who have to stall it out.

Weavile - It is faster than Whimsicott, so Ice Punch will bring Whimsicott down to its sash, and Ice Shard will finish it off.

Xatu and Espeon - With Magic Bounce rendering Leech Seed useless, they just have to attack Whimsicott a few times before it falls. HP Flying will not defeat them quick enough.

Clefable, Alakazam, Sigilyph, and Reuniclus - Likewise, Leech Seed is rendered useless, and they just have to attack to get rid of Whimsicott. Sigilyph can troll it by using Psycho Shift, spamming Cosmic Power, and then, right before Whimsicott dies, using Stored Power.

Any Pokemon with Recover/Roost/Rest/Wish/etc. - Pokemon using Recovery moves, especially Rest, can out-stall Whimsicott.

Any Pokemon with Taunt or Encore - These two moves are a great way to stop Whimsicott in its tracks. Both go through Substitute, so once it is stuck, all you have to do it get rid of it quickly before its Taunt or Encore ends. If the opponent has a weakness to Hidden Power Flying, it can catch them off-guard, but the majority of the time, the opponent will still win.

Conclusion:

After all my testing, I've concluded that Whimsicott makes for an excellent Pokemon to use in 1v1 that will win you the majority of your matches in a completely random environment. Of course, after you've got enough wins, people will choose Pokemon that counter yours specifically to spite you. Imagine my surprise after peaking #4 on the ladder (only about 30 points away from #1) when I faced a bunch of Cloysters in a row by low-rank people that took me off the ladder completely. If you're looking for a good Pokemon to use in 1v1 and don't know what you're doing, Whimsicott is a great start, but just remember to stop using it for a while once you see a bunch of Cloysters ganging up on you.

I'm not sure if there's any room for improvement, but if you have any suggestions, make sure you're detailed about it. I think I've maxed out Whimsicott's potential in 1v1 with my stat distribution and moveset.

Bumping to see if anybody has anything to suggest, although no replies might be a good thing in this instance. I really don't see how Whimsicott can be improved.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The only real thing you could change would be Hurricane over HP Flying, but that would be kinda shaky.

The only real thing you could change would be Hurricane over HP Flying, but that would be kinda shaky.
Yeah, HP Flying is mainly just for Breloom, frail Grass-type sweepers that I can't use Leech Seed on, and other Whimsicotts. Even with Hurricane, I can't 3KO bulky Grass types, but luckily, bulky Grass types are very rarely seen in 1v1 due to the commonality of Fire-type moves.

So i tested this out today, and I just wanted to say you did a really good job. It's so funny to watch you just hit two buttons and win

So i tested this out today, and I just wanted to say you did a really good job. It's so funny to watch you just hit two buttons and win
I see that you currently have a 28-10 ranking in 1v1 with an ACRE of 1720, putting you just below the ladder, since #100 is at 1721. It's a bit hard to ladder unless you get lucky, since people will eventually just start using Magic Bounce/Guard users and Cloyster to spite you. I've even run across some Cloysters nicknamed "Anti-Whimsicott," which I find to be hilarious.

I was up to 1890 with a 20 and 0 win streak. Then I hit 2 espeons with magic bounce, which made me drop 200 points. My other losses were due to leech seed being avoided, or the friggin cloisters... Honestly those were the only times I ever lost. The strategy is so simple, yet so effective.

After much testing, here are the results of the different kinds of Whimsicott I have used and encountered:

(1) Whimsicott (F) @ Focus Sash
Level: 98
EVs: 148 Def / 116 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Flying] (68 Power)

(2) Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Level: 100
EVs: 184 Def / 72 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Flying] (68 Power)

The first Whimsicott you see is mine, and the second is mine at level 100. At level 100, I am now able to compete for a speed tie, so I have to invest the max EVs in Spd. I now need less EVs in SAtk to OHKO Breloom, so I can invest the rest in Def. Between these two Whimsicott, there is one very important difference: The level 98 one needs 56 HP for a substitute, whereas the level 100 one needs 57 HP. The level 100 Whimsicott can only handle opponents with a 46 base HP stat or higher (with no EVs, of course), whereas the level 98 Whimsicott can go down to a 43 base HP stat. This adds 40 more Pokemon to the list that Whimsicott can stall. The biggest one out of that list would be Dusknoir. There are rare exceptions where an opponent won't invest any HP into it at all, meaning that the level 100 Whimsicott would have to stall a little bit harder to take it down.

In a level 98 Whimsicott vs level 100 Whimsicott battle, the level 100 Whimsicott will win due to the speed advantage, but adding 40 more Pokemon to the roster of Pokemon Whimsicott can stall gives it a slight edge.

(3) Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 0 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SAtk / 31 SDef / 31 Spd
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic

With this set, you need 65 HP to make a substitute, meaning that you can now only handle Pokemon with a base HP stat of 62. By giving up 207 Pokemon that have 0 EV investment over the level 98 Whimsicott, you can now handle the threats of Dragonite and Lucario much better. You can also handle Twineedle from Escavalier and Dual Chop from Haxorus, although you still have to be careful.

(4) Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold/Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Taunt/Encore/Cotton Guard

Like the previous set, this set is meant to broaden your ability to take hits from everything with maximum recovery potential. With Leftovers instead of Focus Sash, you can recover 3/8ths of your HP every two turns, meaning you can now deal with every single Pokemon at level 100. That's right, you no longer have to fear Magikarp's Bounce attack. Unfortunately, even with all those EVs in SDef, there are still many powerful special attackers that can still OHKO you. You have Taunt to block other Taunt users, or you can choose Encore instead if you are bothered by stat boosting Pokemon. You can even use Cotton Guard to troll multi-hit users that can still break through your substitutes. However, without an attacking move, this set is still stopped by Grass-type Pokemon.

(5) Whimsicott @ Wide Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SAtk
Timid Nature
- GrassWhistle
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Are you sick of Cloyster? If you really want to troll Cloyster and only Cloyster, use this set. With Wide Lens, the accuracy of GrassWhistle is the same as Hypnosis. Even against a max HP, max SDef, Careful Nature Cloyster, you will still OHKO it 100% of the time with Grass Knot. If it has a Focus Sash (which most do), Cloyster will have to be asleep an addition turn. Cloyster can't OHKO you with Ice Shard without a Choice Band or a critical hit, so as long as Cloyster stays asleep for 2 turns, you can defeat it. As you can imagine, this Whimsicott is pretty bad against everything else due to how many Pokemon spam fire moves in 1v1, but it's good at trolling Cloyster.

Alright, let's see how these five Whimscotts stand up to the common Pokemon of the 1v1 metagame that I compared in my first post. A + by the number means that version of Whimsicott has a high chance of beating that Pokemon. A ~ means it depends on the opponent's level of skill/moveset, and a - means Whimsicott will lose the majority of the time.

Charizard +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Blastoise +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Rattata +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Raticate +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Pikachu +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Dugtrio +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Arcanine +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Poliwrath +(1) +(2) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
Machamp ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) +(4) ~(5)
Dewgong +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Cloyster -(1) -(2) -(3) -(4) +(5)
Gengar ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) -(5)
Hypno +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Hitmonlee +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Hitmonchan +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Seaking +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Starmie +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Magikarp +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Gyarados +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Ditto ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) +(5)
Jolteon +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Flareon +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Omastar +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Kabutops +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Articuno +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Dragonite ~(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) -(5)
Mew +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Typhlosion +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Feraligatr +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Crobat +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Politoed +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Wobbuffet +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Scizor +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Kingdra +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Donphan +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Smeargle ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Hitmontop +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Raikou +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Entei +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) -(5)
Tyranitar +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Blaziken +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Swampert +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Taillow +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Breloom ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Slaking +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Ninjask +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Shedinja +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Hariyama +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Sableye ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) +(4) ~(5)
Aron +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Aggron +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Medicham +(1) +(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Flygon +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Absol +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Salamence +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Metagross ~(1) ~(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Regice +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Latias +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Latios +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Jirachi ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Infernape +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Empoleon +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Rampardos +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Ambipom ~(1) ~(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Lopunny +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Bronzong +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Spiritomb +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Garchomp ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Lucario ~(1) ~(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Toxicroak +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Weavile -(1) -(2) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
Togekiss ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Yanmega +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Mamoswine ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
Gallade +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Probopass +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Dusknoir +(1) -(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Froslass +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) -(5)
Rotom +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Azelf +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Heatran ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
Victini +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Emboar +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Samurott +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Stoutland +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Liepard ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Gigalith +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Conkeldurr +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Seismitoad +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Throh +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Sawk +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
(1) Whimsicott +(2) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
(2) Whimsicott -(1) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
(3) Whimsicott ~(1) ~(2) +(4) +(5)
(4) Whimsicott +(1) +(2) +(3) -(5)
(5) Whimsicott +(1) +(2) -(3) +(4)
Krookodile +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Darmanitan +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Crustle +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Carracosta +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) ~(5)
Archeops +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Garbodor +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Zoroark +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Cinccino ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Escavalier ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) -(4) -(5)
Eelektross +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Chandelure +(1) +(2) +(3) -(4) -(5)
Haxorus ~(1) ~(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Mienshao ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Druddigon +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Golurk ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Bisharp +(1) +(2) +(3) +(4) +(5)
Bouffalant +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Braviary ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Hydregion +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Volcarona +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Terrakion +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Tornadus ~(1) ~(2) ~(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Thundurus +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Kyurem-B +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Keldeo +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)
Genesect +(1) +(2) +(3) ~(4) ~(5)

So there you have it. The level 98 Whimsicott has a slight edge over the level 100 Whimsicott in completely random battles due to the extra 40 Pokemon it can stall, but if you have scouted the competition enough to know for certain none of the opponents are using any of those 40, you might be slightly better off with the level 100 Whimsicott. If you're wondering about Cottonee, there are three main variants I've been seeing around: Level 1 Focus Sash, Level 100 Focus Sash, and Level 100 Eviolite. The first one dies to multi-hit moves, the second one is a lesser Whimsicott, and the third one dies to powerful physical/special attacks depending on its EV spread.

Normally, I would grief this thread for being a 1v1 RMT, which is silly as it were. You've made a very great post here though, which is admirable for a single Pokemon. You might try posting your findings in the Other Metagames threads though. It would get more attention there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)