Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree, I estimated Fairy Wind BP and to deal 96 damage to Hydreigon it must be ~20-30BP if x4 and ~50-60BP if x2 which is most likely, in my opinion
since its name is fairy wind, maybe it's another ancientpower? silver wind, ominous wind, etc.

OK for everyone that's complaining that "Fairy sounds girly", you do realize that pokemon is marketed towards girls too right? 7 year old girls even.

And if you're are worried that others will think you are "teh homo gay" 'cause you're playing a game that features fairies, guess what? You are playing a game aimed mostly at kids aged 7 to 10, they already think you're "the gay"

Anyways

Sorry to all the people that expect another streaming of pokemon news 'cause there won't be any, there will be a pokemon Q&A but only for reporters, so no more live info just be on the look out for reports.
That was quick.

I said that because I'm worried that other people will think it's girly and thus not want to use it. I never said that I think that way.

My usage of types depends on the situation. If a bunch of pink bows can take out a big scaly dragon, so be it.

By the way, Pokemon is not aimed at 7-10 year-olds exclusively.

Pokemon, rather brilliantly, has a colorful, child-friendly outer coating, but as soon as you get past the merchandising and the simple collecting aspect, the game immediately becomes far more complex than a child of that age would care to comprehend. Why bother with abilities, hold items, and "secret stats" if your user profile is a drooling second-grader?

Light would still be a better name/flavor for a type, because it encompasses new ideas without overlapping old ideas as much as Fairy does. I also don't like that Fairy is pink, because that immediately will make many people think "Oh, so It's girly-type."

That being said, I'm happy that they made a new type, because certain things needed to be fixed in terms of type balance. That being said, if Fairy ends up being the only new/changed type, I'll be disappointed, because it wouldn't be quite enough to fix everything.
So you're worried that someone is going to think that your Jigglypuff is girly if the Fairy-type icon is pink?

stellar could you please update the op

we do now know the name of the region and that they're making a new type so leaving it like that is confusing.

It seems the Twitter Feed starts in about half an hour, and CoroCoro has yet to be leaked, so it may be possible that this wave of info is NOT over.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
When exactly is CoroCoro supposed to be leaked? Also, is there a trailer (video) out for the new stuff (seahorse, sky battles, etc.), or is it just the page from PokeBeach?

I think the fairy type will be weak to steel, because fairies are in mythology weak to Iron (and therefore steel). Iron is seen as a "dead metal" and it drains their magic and makes them very weak.

I just don't want it to be super effective against the ice typing. Ice has enough problems as it is.
^

definitely agree. i can see why they'd do that - for the nerf not to be so harsh to dragons - but still... ew...

I'm still confused about luxray not being electric/dark. i guess because it has x-ray themes, which are light?
i'd also think it could be electric/ground - mainly because they're based on the sphinxes, which are in egypt, no?

still, electric/dark definitely makes a lot of sense as well. think it'd be a buff or a crutch?

Ok I decided to retype my thing on Cresselia

Ok so everyone knows about the Fairy type now right? That ish is immune/resistant to Dragon, resists Dark/is weak to dark apparently and is super effective to Dragon. It also is weak against poison and steel but lol who uses those attacks?

Anyway here's where shit gets crazy. Dragons are the most dominant pokemon in the game and they typically carry Fire/Dragon/Ground coverage, as nothing in the game resists that combo. Cresselia already gets Ground so it has to worry about Dragon and Fire BUT WAIT

If Cress gets the fairy type like expected it can sponge Draco Meteors and Outrages all goddamn day, only having to fear sun boosted moves, which it can most likely heal off anyway with Moonlight.

The only dragon (Outside the weird ass Crunch variants of shit like Salamence) that can POSSIBLY break through is Hydreigon, but since we're not entirely sure if Fairy resists Dark or is weak to it, that might not be an option.

Not to mention Cress can stop so many other pokemon, and we haven't even seen the rest of the Fairy types resistances. It's a godsend man. But then again this is all depending on if Cress even is a fairy.

Ok I decided to retype my thing on Cresselia

Ok so everyone knows about the Fairy type now right? That ish is immune/resistant to Dragon, resists Dark/is weak to dark apparently and is super effective to Dragon. It also is weak against poison and steel but lol who uses those attacks?

Anyway here's where shit gets crazy. Dragons are the most dominant pokemon in the game and they typically carry Fire/Dragon/Ground coverage, as nothing in the game resists that combo. Cresselia already gets Ground so it has to worry about Dragon and Fire BUT WAIT

If Cress gets the fairy type like expected it can sponge Draco Meteors and Outrages all goddamn day, only having to fear sun boosted moves, which it can most likely heal off anyway with Moonlight.

The only dragon (Outside the weird ass Crunch variants of shit like Salamence) that can POSSIBLY break through is Hydreigon, but since we're not entirely sure if Fairy resists Dark or is weak to it, that might not be an option.

Not to mention Cress can stop so many other pokemon, and we haven't even seen the rest of the Fairy types resistances. It's a godsend man. But then again this is all depending on if Cress even is a fairy.

Uh no. Cresselia is already better than Gardevoir. Gamefreak isn't going to make Gardevoir crap again by improving a pokemon that's exactly like her but better.

Well, Cresselia is a Legendary, to be fair. You don't hear about Kyogre obsoleting Politoed. And you would likely see Cress in Ubers a lot if it had Fairy typing (though I dunno if it'd be banned there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)