Dusclops (QC 0/3) READ THOROUGHLY

This sounds truly crazy, but this build can take so many hits and is an absolute menace to steel types.
So far I have only tested this build using a stall team. (2 sweepers, SkarmaBlissaCruel.) My longest win while actively using him had 81 turns.

Item: Eviolite
Impish/Careful.
-Impish seems to be more viable because it seems as if more OU pokemon are physical attackers. Although, either nature works well.
-Adamant is also an option for some extra attack power.
252 defense/252 special defense/4 attack. 0 HP IV'S!!!!
-Your basic stall spread.
-0 IV's is extremely important for a better pain split.
-You can take 52 EV's from either stat to add to attack and still be incredibly bulky. I wouldn't do this on top of adamant nature though; most of the time you won't be using shadow sneak.
Moveset
Will-o-wisp. - Will take down most steel types. Great for survivability too.
Substitute. - To help reduce your health and to protect from status ailments, and crits. Dusclops is useless under paralysis.
Shadow Sneak. - First priority move. Much needed to take down a foe before they heal themselves. Don't try to kill them with this alone though, burn will do most of the work.
Pain Split. - Combines your hp and your opponents hp, and gives 50% of that sum to both you and your opponent. Since Dusclops has very low HP, this move is insanely useful.

Dusclops from a strategical view point.

1. Being a Ghost type, he has immunity to rapid spin, which makes him perfect for stall teams. Set up spikes and then just switch to him when you see a tentacruel, starmie, or forretress.
2. With will-o-wisp, he serves as a danger to steel type pokemon. (Because they can't be poisoned, but...)
3. Can be a danger to a lot of sweepers.
4. Pretty much one of your only bulky/viable ghost types.
5. Amazing when used with Blissey. Heal bell will be great for status effects. It will also be very easy to get Wish off since Dusclops can take so many hits.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've read this thouroughly, and have concluded that the set is thoroughly terrible.

QC rejected 1/3

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I haven't used dusclops for two and a half years. It wasn't very good then.

There are some things you don't even need to test to see that they are sub-optimal. Running 0 HP IVs on a defensive Pokemon with a low HP stat, for instance, is absolutely appalling. Similarly, running shadow sneak on a pokemon with no attack is a bad idea, as is running substitute on a slow wall.

I haven't used dusclops for two and a half years. It wasn't very good then.

There are some things you don't even need to test to see that they are sub-optimal. Running 0 HP IVs on a defensive Pokemon with a low HP stat, for instance, is absolutely appalling. Similarly, running shadow sneak on a pokemon with no attack is a bad idea, as is running substitute on a slow wall.
And where is your data?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dusclops has been tried many times and it is just useless. It's not even a good spinblocker, the only thing you would use it for, as both offensive Starmie and SubToxic Tenta, aka the best spinners, easily get past it. Other than this it is slow, weak to passive damage, and most importantly lacks reliable recovery, which kills any defensive value it could have.

QC Rejected 2/3

Dusclops has been tried many times and it is just useless. It's not even a good spinblocker, the only thing you would use it for, as both offensive Starmie and SubToxic Tenta, aka the best spinners, easily get past it. Other than this it is slow, weak to passive damage, and most importantly lacks reliable recovery, which kills any defensive value it could have.

QC Rejected 2/3
wait for me to post a replay please. trying to get a good opponent

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And where is your data?
It doesn't work that way.

You're making a big claim here, and when you ignore the views of QC members (and imo, the vast majority of users who play OU), you have the burden of proof. It's your job to prove to us why this analysis should go onsite, not the other way around.

Moving to L&A.

81 wins? What tier did you use him in? LC?

Here's some data. To test what a defensive behemoth minimum HP Dusclops is, let's pit it against common OU strong attacks.

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump Out of Rain vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Dusknoir: 100-118 (50 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Dusknoir in rain: 195-229 (97.5 - 114.5%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusknoir: 170-204 (85 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

And after running tonnes of other calcs, I decided that they are simply not worth posting (even Ninetales scores a 2HKO with Fire Blast and doesn't care about burn). Almost every major OU sweeper is able to 2HKO this Dusclops, and Dusclops is absolutely decimated in Rain.

For anyone that didn't immediately see this as a bad set (looking at OP), there you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)