Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talinflame seems definitely to be the evolution of Fletchling. I also don't like the Skrelp mon, mostly because of the similarities I see between it and Horsea.

Q: New or old villain team? Form of rival? A: "You can expect to see a Team 'Something'" There's a Rival, but maybe not just one.
Pokemon X&Y will read your registered friends list from the 3DS system, so the game will automatically have those people as your friends.

Some areas have different types of methods of getting around. (i.e. we've seen the grinding and so on). Depends on area.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Rich ‏@RichIGN 18s
Flow of battles - seeing opponent's team ahead of time - is the same as before. You can select the song for the battle though.

So.. there is team preview?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So will there be an entirely new metagame for Horde Battles? Like, will there be Horde vs. Horde?

Imagine how much more complex team building will be when you have to have 5 Pokemon out at once.
Those are wild encounters.

Oh, and that shrimp thingy is totally evolving into a Water/Fire pistol shrimp. Believe.

Will Smogon issue a new tier for the new sky battle? Or will they break up Sky Battles into tiers like Sky Battle OU and UU? Just a thought.

Q: Considered tweaking EV and IV to make being competitive easier? A: X&Y will make some of these ideas more visible and intuitive.

Oh no... Wtf does this mean...
Hopefully its either making them directly visible or making IVs less of a hassle to raise.

Tayla said:
No Team Preview is amazing.
I'm happy about this, since it means Zoroark will likely see more usage. It's ability was made fairly redundant with Team Preview.

EDIT:
So.. there is team preview?
Nevermind, poor Zoroark ;_;

On Team preview leaving:
It's the difference between: "What is the best course of action based on what they have?"
and :"How do I coax out all of their pokemon so I can find out what is the best course of action based on what they have?"

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah, probably still is in. Remember, infrared had no Team Preview this gen. Its probably the same. No TP for some modes, but the mode competitive emulates (wi-fi battles) will still have it.

You can select the song for the battle though.
Finally. It's a minute detail that I've wanted for a while, especially since I really dislike the Sinnoh and Unova trainer battle themes (and it really grinds on me since I play subway/tower and wi-fi a lot).

On Team preview leaving:
It's the difference between: "What is the best course of action based on what they have?"
and :"How do I coax out all of their pokemon so I can find out what is the best course of action based on what they have?"
Exactly. One requires more thought and weight of risk vs. reward. The other is Gen 5 OU Flowchartmons.

Can't ban strong bond guys, it's a game feature that will affect all in game battles. I guess you can pretend it doesn't exist on showdown though.

Will Smogon issue a new tier for the new sky battle? Or will they break up Sky Battles into tiers like Sky Battle OU and UU? Just a thought.
good question! i can definitely see latios and latias being the king and queen of the tier, though. even with the advent of faeries [which both of them should actually be neutral to if pokebeach's info is correct due to the psychic resistance], the two will have great movepools + reliable recovery in recover which most pokes in that situation probably won't have [as roost wouldn't make sense]

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Can't ban strong bond guys, it's a game feature that will affect all in game battles. I guess you can pretend it doesn't exist on showdown though.
You have to use Pokemon-amie in order to actually activate these effects it appears though.

It'd just be a clause that no Pokemon can have their bonds strengthened via Pokemon-amie. It's as simple as that.

good question! i can definitely see latios and latias being the king and queen of the tier, though. even with the advent of faeries [which both of them should actually be neutral to if pokebeach's info is correct due to the psychic resistance], the two will have great movepools + reliable recovery in recover which most pokes in that situation probably won't have [as roost wouldn't make sense]
Actually Dragon moves will be the most spammed seeing how only Skarmory is the only Pokemon that resists Dragon moves. So in fact Dragonite, Salamence, FLygon, can easily spam Outrage or Draco Meteor once Skarmory is gone. So I can see Skarmory being the OU in Sky BAttles

You have to use Pokemon-amie in order to actually activate these effects it appears though.

It'd just be a clause that no Pokemon can have their bonds strengthened via Pokemon-amie. It's as simple as that.
Better hope that using them in battle doesn't raise this, while having them faint lowers it or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)