Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that worries me is that they don't know yet, I mean the game launches in 4 months already.
doesn't mean they can't release an app on the eshop for it if they simply can't figure it out in time. they have a free app for data transfer between 3ds systems - i doubt this would be any different. it'd just suck for the people that have no way to access the e-shop, which is why they're working hard on it now. they're not microsoft lol. thank god. i respect that.

[but hey- at least you could still play without the internet lol goddamn]

A thought- if Furabe (The small one) Has good attacking stats and a high BP Fairy type move, in theory it can KO Massive legendary Dragons, who can kill it by blowing on it/ sitting on it.

I really want answers...only time will tell the truth.

What is the type-chart like for Fairy-types? (please let it not be one-sided......)
More confirmed typings and attacks?

I don't know. I still feel like there is still more to be seen with the *ahem* FAIRIES!

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
doesn't mean they can't release an app on the eshop for it if they simply can't figure it out in time. they have a free app for data transfer between 3ds systems
I don't think you understand. The issue here is that it's impossible right now for an DS cart to communicate with a 3DS one, so they'd have to invent a way to circumvent that.

I hope they figure out some way to (as someone already said) "upload" your Pokémon to some kind of cloud server or to your account on Global Link and then download them from there to your 3DS.

That would be a pretty comfortable way to transfer them if they're unable to connect a DS to a 3DS directly.

I really want answers...only time will tell the truth.

What is the type-chart like for Fairy-types? (please let it not be one-sided......)
More confirmed typings and attacks?

I don't know. I still feel like there is still more to be seen with the *ahem* FAIRIES!
I feel like this has been posted dozens of times but the rumor says
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

I don't think you understand. The issue here is that it's impossible right now for an DS cart to communicate with a 3DS one, so they'd have to invent a way to circumvent that.
i do understand. that's why they're working hard to invent the way to circumvent that [the one that comes to mind for me is trying to somewhat emulate the ds a la WINE or something], but i can definitely see the memory issues with that. i'm no expert, but i'm sure they'll figure it out, and i think they're confident, too - after all, i don't think they would've mentioned it if it wouldn't work.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
pokebeach said:
Shishiko is the Lion Cub Pokemon and is Fire/Normal. It learns a new attack called War Cry which lowers the target's Attack.
So… a Growl clone? Unless it actually damages the opponent, I guess…

But it is possible for a 3ds game to communicate with a DS one
Dream Radar proved that much
And, to an extent, so did the DSi transfer tool.

e: So what I'm saying is worst case scenario we get a free distinct app out of this.
Or Pokemon Box 3D!

e: So what I'm saying is worst case scenario we get a free distinct app out of this.
Or Pokemon Box 3D!
yeah, i think what's stopping them from just doing that is their not wanting to pull a microsoft and alienate so many people from getting their pokes moved up [though at least it wouldn't need to be once a day or whatever]

yeah, i think what's stopping them from just doing that is their not wanting to pull a microsoft and alienate so many people from getting their pokes moved up [though at least it wouldn't need to be once a day or whatever]
well this wouldn't really be "pull[ing] a microsoft"
it's not like there's drm in place, where you have to communicate with GameFreak every day in order to transfer pokemon

I suspect if it had to become an app, it'd just go up for free.
It's 2013, I suspect most people have internet to grab it.

well this wouldn't really be "pull[ing] a microsoft"
it's not like there's drm in place, where you have to communicate with GameFreak every day in order to transfer pokemon

I suspect if it had to become an app, it'd just go up for free.
It's 2013, I suspect most people have internet to grab it.
true but i know for me the ds's internet isn't compatible with a lot of places with free wi-fi + i didn't have wireless at home for a while. i'm sure i'm not alone in that respect.

plus i mean they can at least try to do it without resorting to that, right?

Sorry if this has been asked before but search function isn't working aswell as I hoped.
Any news on Ice getting resistances?

Sorry if this has been asked before but search function isn't working aswell as I hoped.
Any news on Ice getting resistances?
they haven't announced changes with any new types that don't have to do with fairy, so, while it's not impossible, it's not confirmed yet.

[i'm with you there, though. ice definitely needs the buff]

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Or Pokemon Box 3D!
Yeah but none of those are one 3DS console connecting to a DS console, which is what they'd ideally want to do. I suppose it might be possible to have an app on the 3DS where it takes your pokemon from the DS game and stores it on board the app, though I'm not entirely sure.

There will of course be a way to transfer Pokemon over from DS. Yeah they don't know how yet, but they're coming up with a way. Speculation suspecting otherwise isn't necessary

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Between War Cry and the previous move we saw that lowered Special Attack, as well as Parting Shot (assuming that War Cry and Moonblast do damage), it seems like these moves could affect the metagames in a way alternate to the power jump of 5th gen. Perhaps GameFreak and Nintendo are trying to reverse it? Just a thought.

It's also possible that the new moves could become just as obselete as snarl, but I've got high hopes.

I think a 1/5 chance is too high but I like the idea of a higher chance in horde battles with the shiny being the "alpha" of the pack.
i didn't mean 1/5 chance to be shiny, just that with 5 pokemon, each of them all could potentially be shiny, therefore more likely or more efficient.

but yeah, you could be right, maybe just the leader would have the chance to be shiny.

Now that I think about it, what are the possibilities that the new Mewtwo form is Psychic/Fairy? Or has it been confirmed it keeps its original type?

Now that I think about it, what are the possibilities that the new Mewtwo form is Psychic/Fairy? Or has it been confirmed it keeps its original type?
here are the things confirmed about Mewtwo's new forme:
-It's Mewtwo's new forme

THAT'S IT
and sadly it's probably not in this corocoro so just gotta hope for a smash reveal between now and the movie I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)