Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in battle, why is there a need for complexity? Fight, Pokemon, Bag, Run. Four buttons, pick a shape.
You're right; We've had squares and hexagons, so circles are obviously the next most logical choice. Unless you have a thing for triangles.

So about dem Sky Battle. I think this was mentioned before in the thread, but do you guys think that non-Flying Pokemon that don't have Levitate, but show a clear ability to fly (i.e. Beedrill, Dustox, Garchomp, Volcarona, ect.) be able to participate? And if they could, how would it affect it? Of course, it's hard to answer the last question since we don't know much about them, but why not theorymon a bit?
Imagine Mantine and Gyarados "flying" up there. o.O

Flying Tropius would be pretty epic!

There are also some pokémon who are Flying/Levitating but I would not assume them go all the way up in the air like Rotom, Cryogonos and Carnivine

Hmm. I guess that means that CB Dragons won't be used anymore, the use of Outrage will be reduced significantly, and the rise of Dragon Dancers with Dragon Claw and Fairy coverage steel or poision types, or Dragon Rush with accuracy raisers.

I was thinking Dragonite:

Dragonite
Adamant
LO/Wide Lens
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush
Iron Head/Iron Tail
Extreme Speed/Earth Quake

I wonder if they made an item for Gravity teams?
Well, the use of Dragon techniques for the upcoming competitive season can't really be estimated because we don't know how many/if Fairy Pokémon will be here to threaten the viability of Dragon techniques. All you can say for now is that, if there are a handful of Fairy Pokémon that make it into OU, the use of Dragon-types might dwindle a little, but maybe not the use of Dragon attacks. Nobody ever made an official statement that Dragons are ineffective against Fairy Pokémon in general.

Well, the use of Dragon techniques for the upcoming competitive season can't really be estimated because we don't know how many/if Fairy Pokémon will be here to threaten the viability of Dragon techniques. All you can say for now is that, if there are a handful of Fairy Pokémon that make it into OU, the use of Dragon-types might dwindle a little, but maybe not the use of Dragon attacks. Nobody ever made an official statement that Dragons are ineffective against Fairy Pokémon in general.
Agreed, and also keep in mind that (if the rumor holds true), then the already-great-partners-to-Dragon-types Steel pokemon have a super-effective STAB on Fairy-types. I don't know how much it will shake up the metagame.

Then again, this will be a new meta, so I'd kind of like to see a large amount of changes (which is why part of me would kind of like to not be able to transfer from Gen V).

Hmm. I guess that means that CB Dragons won't be used anymore, the use of Outrage will be reduced significantly, and the rise of Dragon Dancers with Dragon Claw and Fairy coverage steel or poision types, or Dragon Rush with accuracy raisers.

I was thinking Dragonite:

Dragonite
Adamant
LO/Wide Lens
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush
Iron Head/Iron Tail
Extreme Speed/Earth Quake

I wonder if they made an item for Gravity teams?
Well, ExtremeSpeed means you have nothing to hurt Steel-types, so I'd say Earthquake would likely be the better choice. Although, Dragons are really going to find it much harder to get full coverage.
...particularly if we get a Ghost/Fairy...

I hope that head turning towards you when fully bonded shows up in wifi battle. It would be nice you and your opponent sent out pokemon and he's like HOLY F**K he's really bonded with his pokemon! I might be in trouble here. Especially when in makes newbie player s**t their pants. Also I found a drawing illustrating what it might look like. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ke-d68ojpd.png
Did you have to post one with Gardevoir in it?

They may already have good company in steel pokemon but no Dragon Dancer likes to switch out while boosted since they only have one or two good chances anyway midgame. Also Dragon moves are always good, I'm just sayain that moves/items that lock you will be dropped significantly, like Outrage and Choice Band.

Edit: It's a compromise, you either secure yourself from faster mons with scarfs or kill steel types.

The interpretation of "dual-type moves" that always made the most sense to me was that they worked a bit like Psyshock and so on - they're one type for the purposes of STAB and another for the purposes of damage calculation (so, to provide a contrived example using an existing move, Scald might be a Fire-type move that does Water-type damage).

That interpretation seems a little weird to me. I mean, how are you going to explain it to the kids?
"Right, so we've got this new Burny-Shock move here. It's a Fire and Electric type move."
*Kid butts in* "So it does Fire and Electric damage all at once?!"
"Er, well, no. It only does Fire damage. But Electric types can use it as if they were Fire type."
"But they can use Fire attacks just fine, see? He knows Flame Charge!"
"Yes, but he doesn't have STAB."
"What's Stab? Is it Steel type?"

It just seems like it'd be confusing and kind of a letdown that it doesn't actually do types of damage. The 'two attacks hit, each of a different type' idea seems best to me. I mean, kids aren't gonna bother to calculate out the exact effectiveness. They'd just have fun shooting lightning bolts that then set Pokemon on Fire.

And of course, there could always be no Dual-type moves.

That interpretation seems a little weird to me. I mean, how are you going to explain it to the kids?
"Right, so we've got this new Burny-Shock move here. It's a Fire and Electric type move."
*Kid butts in* "So it does Fire and Electric damage all at once?!"
"Er, well, no. It only does Fire damage. But Electric types can use it as if they were Fire type."
"But they can use Fire attacks just fine, see? He knows Flame Charge!"
"Yes, but he doesn't have STAB."
"What's Stab? Is it Steel type?"

It just seems like it'd be confusing and kind of a letdown that it doesn't actually do types of damage. The 'two attacks hit, each of a different type' idea seems best to me. I mean, kids aren't gonna bother to calculate out the exact effectiveness. They'd just have fun shooting lightning bolts that then set Pokemon on Fire.

And of course, there could always be no Dual-type moves.
There is nothing worse right now than the concept of dual type moves. We should just drop them now. By the way, you must be referring to Zebstrika.

By the way, I noticed something small at the PSS part:

[youtube]BDo5qFREiss?t=1m14s[/youtube]

At 1:14 of the roundtable video, you can see a PSS interface with all kinds of trainers on it. When you change the videoquality to HD, you can see rosy cheeks on the faces of some of the female trainers. Does this further confirms extensive character customization options; like make-up?

By the way, I noticed something small at the PSS part:

[youtube]BDo5qFREiss?t=1m14s[/youtube]

At 1:14 of the roundtable video, you can see a PSS interface with all kinds of trainers on it. When you change the videoquality to HD, you can see rosy cheeks on the faces of some of the female trainers. Does this further confirms extensive character customization options; like make-up?
in the intervew pokebeach took with [presumably, especially since (laughs) all the time], masuda, he said there would be extensive customisation options to make the trainer unique [though he was dancing around what they actually were]

in the intervew pokebeach took with [presumably, especially since (laughs) all the time], masuda, he said there would be extensive customisation options to make the trainer unique [though he was dancing around what they actually were]
I read that earlier, actually. But he didn't give all that much specific info; I thought the little details like the "make-up" are worth to be noted.

I read that earlier, actually. But he didn't give all that much specific info; I thought the little details like the "make-up" are worth to be noted.
probably wants them to be a surprise [or at least fuel for a later reveal]
well, c'mon, they want you to actually buy the game, yeah? |D

Why do I think that the introduction of fairy type will make ice types even more weak by removing one of their few niches of checking dragons? If this happens I'm gonna rage bad.

Why do I think that the introduction of fairy type will make ice types even more weak by removing one of their few niches of checking dragons? If this happens I'm gonna rage bad.
I doubt it. Ice-type Pokemon themselves have a very small niche anyways since the Ice type is likely the worst type defensively, and Ice type moves have decent distribution. The few who succeed due to their Ice typing (Mamoswine, Weavile) and those who succeed in spite of it (Kyurem-B, Cloyster) will be largely unaffected since they still succeed at their current jobs. Fairy strikes me more as a "hard stop" to Outrage spam rather than a Dragon-slayer type, as (assuming the rumours are true) the only Dragon-type it hits 4x effectively is Hydreigon.

That was just Shofu being trash, seriously that tweet bullshit was awful. I don't know who's worse people homophobic about Fairy or Shofu. Like goddamn seriously I might start warning on PS just from the mention, my salt is crazy high.

This XY conference was pretty disappointing and brought down my hype the overall Nintendo conference gave. Sure Fairy type was big but apparently that trailer was a leak and GF thought it was a good idea to barely give us any information, that Q&A barely had anything positive and all we really got was that Pokemon Amie was hax related and not a manual IV change like it should've been. They mentioned EV/IV visuals earlier so I still have some hope. People asking questions were mostly stupid (RB on VC? Who gives a fuck) and the good questions were answered with "we can't say". The only question I can even think of anymore was that Fairy is confirmed weak to Steel/Poison, practically confirming the rumor. Sky Battle is pretty useless, far inferior to any new way to play like Doubles or Rotation, and Hordes are kinda lame. New pokemon are whatever, bird confirmed for Fire/Flying but I already thought that.

I'm pretty damn disappointed but now I'm hoping Pokemon Amie boosts either cancel out or minimum happiness would have 0 crit chance, giving us a way to finally legitimately ban critical hits.
Well excuse me. Excuse me for being excited about a new Pokemon game after B2W2 got so stale. The first battle they showed us had no team preview. It was actually me who asked the question if it would be returning or not because I wanted a clear answer, and I corrected myself after hearing his response.

The one question I still have is regarding past pokemon's evos and prevos. It's an even numbered gen, so like 4 and 2, we should have a few of those, but that hasn't been confirmed or denied. Do you think we'll have some evos and prevos of past pokemon? I think the fairy type will make it more likely. Like a fairy/water luvdisc, or a fairy type split evolution of marill, something along the lines of that.

Lets get back on topic. We need to talk about what has been comfirmed.

So, Skrelp is another Water/Poison. Like most Water/Poisons, will it have okay defenses?

So, Clauncher is a Water-type Pistol Shrimp. Most Crab-ish Pokemon have High Attack and acceptable defenses.

Do you think they will follow the ever prominent line?

The one question I still have is regarding past pokemon's evos and prevos. It's an even numbered gen, so like 4 and 2, we should have a few of those, but that hasn't been confirmed or denied. Do you think we'll have some evos and prevos of past pokemon? I think the fairy type will make it more likely. Like a fairy/water luvdisc, or a fairy type split evolution of marill, something along the lines of that.
Eevee is evolving so yes

Although it's been confirmed that some previous pokemon will be retyped, I don't think Mismagius will, she would have 4 immunities (Ground, Normal, Fighting, Dragon).

Also, where did the rumor about the Starter typings come from? I keep hearing Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)