Type Remix! (Currently Testing Kanto Pokemon)

Should I add the Gen 2 Pokemon, for the sake of Drizzle?

• Yes

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting ones:
Butterfree: Ground/Steel: Quiver Dance Earth Power with a quad resistance to Rocks?
Raticate: Dark/Fighting: Unrestisted Guts Close Combat and Sucker Punch.
Dugtrio: Dark/Normal: STAB Sucker Punch to stop Choice users.
Alakazam: Water/Dragon: Oh dear that's scary.
Machamp: Bug/Fire: STAB no miss Megahorn? Weak to rocks, but still powerful.
Chansey: Grass/Steel: This looks cool. That titanic Bulk with a great typing and all of its old moves. This will be interesting
Starmie: Ice/Grass: The added coverage with Leaf Storm as well as STAB Ice Beam is great.
Gyarados: Fire/Dragon: STAB outrage, Flare Blitz, and Draco Meteor? Forget MixMence, we have MixAdos.

This is really cool. A lot like Wonkymons, an OM we had a while back. Will post more when Johto pokemon get their new typing.

May I make a suggestion of giving Grass-types Wood Hammer or Power Whip instead of Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb. The STABs you gave are mildly awful. I'd suggest also give Leaf Blade.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Um.. MixDos won't work, it's SpA is waaay too low. A physical Fire/Dragon set sounds great though.

Too bad Bug/Fighting Aero doesn't HJK instead of CC. It's ability helps miss out on the recoil there. Still, some of these typings are really interesting. Like Alakazam. The Fire/Grass types like Cloyster and Kingler, and of course Dragon/Fighting Jolteon.

To the OP: Could we replace for some types one of the attacking moves for a support move. I'm thinking about:
- Replace one of physical Grass moves with Leech Seed
- Replace one of the physical Poison moves with Toxic Spikes.

Dunno for any others but I think this could get things more interesting.

Muk for example could really appreciate a Leech Seed to it's movepool with it's new type.

Edit: And maybe we can wait a bit before implementing the other gens? It gets a bit overwhelming to check out everything so maybe we're better off playing with these 150 first and get to know em a bit.

This could also benefit the next batch because if we see something is overpowered we can tweak one of the next gen pokes to be a counter to it. That way we dont need to ban stuff right away.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
May I make a suggestion of giving Grass-types Wood Hammer or Power Whip instead of Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb. The STABs you gave are mildly awful. I'd suggest also give Leaf Blade.
I'll replace Seed Bomb with Wood Hammer...
- Replace one of physical Grass moves with Leech Seed
- Replace one of the physical Poison moves with Toxic Spikes.
and Bullet Seed with Leech Seed. Poison Jab will be replaced by Toxic Spikes as well.
Edit: And maybe we can wait a bit before implementing the other gens? It gets a bit overwhelming to check out everything so maybe we're better off playing with these 150 first and get to know em a bit.

This could also benefit the next batch because if we see something is overpowered we can tweak one of the next gen pokes to be a counter to it. That way we dont need to ban stuff right away.
Seems interesting. It also gives me more time to type in the names of the Pokemon, which is that one thing that prevents me from updating the Pokemon type combinations often. Alright, I'll wait.
Too bad Bug/Fighting Aero doesn't HJK instead of CC.
Well that was an oversight... I'll replace Focus Miss with HJK, because Aura Sphere's pretty good as is.

Ka-Edit:
I feel like if we are changing types and expanding movepools, it would make sense to give the 'mons all of the STAB moves that are learned by just about all other 'mons of that same type in the regular game. Or in other words, since about all Dragon types learn Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Outrage, etc, all new Dragon types in this mod should get those moves too. I may be missing a reason why just giving them one move is better, but this way makes more sense to me.
Take a look at the bottom of the OP, because I'm giving each Pokemon with the corresponding type each STAB. (Steel types get all 3 Steel STABs, etc.)

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jynx is gon' be borked in rain. STAB Aura Sphere/Hurricane is a. powerful and b. nearly unresisted. Rain gives it Dry Skin recovery plus a perfectly accurate Hurricane. I don't know that anything is particularly broken yet, but this is one to look out for.

Machamp firing off 100% accurate STAB Megahorn's :D
Plus Flare Blitz will hit very hard. With DynamicPunch and Stone Edge coverage.

Fire/Dragon Gyarados wow. Do i even need to explain this?

Thanks for giving the awesome Ghost/Fighting type to Goldeen and the Dragon/Steel type to Poliwag :P

Pikachuun

You're welcome :L

Anyways, I'm allowing DrizzleSwim for one reason; Water type moves cannot have STAB with a Swift Swim user anymore (except for possibly Armaldo and Beartic)!

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Do any of the Kanto pokemon even have Drizzle ? You may have to wait till Johto for that...

Sun however, seems different. While Ninetales itself has a poor defensive typing, it doesn't have to worry about other weather anymore, and Charizard, Venusaur, Victreebel and Exeggcutor all have quite interesting typings.

EV

Banned deucer.
Bug/Steel Articuno lol. Too bad it doesn't learn hazards. But it no longer fears dat SR and has Roost/Roar/Toxic/Pressure and very nice mixed bulk.

Take a look at the bottom of the OP, because I'm giving each Pokemon with the corresponding type each STAB. (Steel types get all 3 Steel STABs, etc.)
I see. The way you phrased it made me think it was just one. Thanks for clearing that up.
I'll replace Seed Bomb with Wood Hammer and Bullet Seed with Leech Seed. Poison Jab will be replaced by Toxic Spikes as well...
Why not all of the above? We could give each type some attacks plus 1 utility move, so that the more defensive 'mons that can't take advantage of their new STAB moves still get something. Things like Thunder Wave, Tailwind, Spikes, Stealth Rocks, Will-o-Wisp, Soak, Mist, Trick Room, etc. would be much better for those 'mons than any new attack.

There are also cases where certain 'mons that have certain abilities could make better use of moves that aren't currently going to be given to them, than the moves that are going to, (ie Cloyster's best Grass move would be Bullet Seed, Scyther's best Rock attack would be Rock Blast, etc.) I think that they should be given these moves also, so that they can start at their full potential while they are being tested.

Pikachuun

We could give each type some attacks plus 1 utility move, so that the more defensive 'mons that can't take advantage of their new STAB moves still get something. Things like Thunder Wave, Tailwind, Spikes, Stealth Rocks, Will-o-Wisp, Soak, Mist, Trick Room, etc. would be much better for those 'mons than any new attack.

There are also cases where certain 'mons that have certain abilities could make better use of moves that aren't currently going to be given to them, than the moves that are going to, (ie Cloyster's best Grass move would be Bullet Seed, Scyther's best Rock attack would be Rock Blast, etc.) I think that they should be given these moves also, so that they can start at their full potential while they are being tested.
These ideas are very good, and you have very good points. 1 Physical, 1 Special, 1 Utility, and 1 Niche move should be able to satisfy all of these ideas simultaneously. Thanks for the suggestions!

eh, one physical and one special might not be good enough
some pokemon want to hit hard off the bat
others might prefer sitting there setting up before sweeping

i don't think the plan is to make every single pokemon amazing though
like, some pokes will want certain moves but if that's done we'd might as well just manually create each moveset to their specifications or something

I think that adding CAP moves is a good idea, honestly. Not enough participation in that [really fun] project - more people in there due to advertising would be excellent.

If it really bothers you it's not like you have to put those moves on your Pokemon anyway.

He added the CAP move Paleo Wave because there's no good Rock Special move. I think he did great doing so because some great Special attackers get a Rock-typing now and we should let them use it to the fullest.

Looking forward to playing some matches, if only those damned exams would leave me alone!

EDIT:

Might wanna replace Aerial Ace (no one's gonna use it over Brave Bird I think) with Air Slash, seeing Hurrican's shaky accuracy outside of rain.

Can we give normal-types Rapid Spin? Because of the high SR/Spikes/T-Spikes distribution it can't hurt to get some extra rapid spinners, and there aren't many normal-type mons viable anyway so far so Hazards should still be good. The only fully evolved normal mons are Flareon, Dugtrio, Ninetales & Hypno so far (unless you count Magmar as fully evolved as well).

Not sure if giving all Bug-types and Steel-types Quiver Dance and Shift Gear respectively. I think that might be a little too overpowered, but we'll see about that.

Can you give me any specific reasons as to why I should?
It just seems logical that everything other than typing would be a constant variable in order to test out the actual typings specifically. Ghost lacking good physical STAB and Rock lacking good special STAB are both vital characteristics of the types, and you've arbitrarily changed that. Obviously you can do whatever you want, but I'd have thought you'd want to strive for simplicity anyway.

Keep in mind it's his meta and he will add whatever moves he want. Also, try to not to bash CAP in any way if it's possible.
Not bashing CAP at all; CAP itself basically disowns custom moves.

Pikachuun

Might wanna replace Aerial Ace (no one's gonna use it over Brave Bird I think) with Air Slash, seeing Hurricane's shaky accuracy outside of rain.

Can we give normal-types Rapid Spin? Because of the high SR/Spikes/T-Spikes distribution it can't hurt to get some extra rapid spinners, and there aren't many normal-type mons viable anyway so far so Hazards should still be good. The only fully evolved normal mons are Flareon, Dugtrio, Ninetales & Hypno so far (unless you count Magmar as fully evolved as well).
Done! I replaced Fake Out with Rapid Spin, and Aerial Ace with Air Slash.

Not sure if giving all Bug-types and Steel-types Quiver Dance and Shift Gear respectively. I think that might be a little too overpowered, but we'll see about that.
This is why we're testing out the Kanto Pokemon first. If it proves to be too overpowered, I'll change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)