Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that gamefreak has noticed how many gamers dislike the continued usage of the fire/ fighting type starter. Pretty sure it's going to be a Fire/ Psychic combination like the rumors from Pokebeach suggest.
I still hope the dual type moves are false. But yes I could not stand Fire/Fighting the first time they repeated it, the ONLY starter that worked for was Infernape and yes I am aware of Uber Blaziken but give almost anything above decent with bad speed that nature to benefit it and it will be Uber.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I don't even mind Talonflame's name, you get used to it after a while. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me.
One name that won't ever grow on me? LITLEO. There could not be a more cut-and-pasted together, last second name for a pokemon than this. And it's upsetting too, cause this thing was cute as hell - it deserves better. I'll just be referring to it by its Japanese name forever: Shishiko. I mean, at least you can say it without hiccuping in the middle of the word ._.

I still hope the dual type moves are false. But yes I could not stand Fire/Fighting the first time they repeated it, the ONLY starter that worked for was Infernape and yes I am aware of Uber Blaziken but give almost anything above decent with bad speed that nature to benefit it and it will be Uber.
It has been talked about that the moves will most likely not be double typing but will be one type just provide stab for a different type. Like Flame charge being a flying type attack but inflicting fire damage. Or that a move's type could change under certain circumstances.

So 4chan rumors are coming up again, and this is the summary of them, courtesy of Pokejungle.
  • New Pokémon “Elvany,” Flying/Fairy, “will be revealed soon.”
  • “Tame Park” allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV’s.
  • Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions.
  • Two boys, “Tofune” and “Mika” will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
  • Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned.
  • Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it’s type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
  • Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
  • “Kale” is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a “androgyne style.” Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.
Seems to support previous rumors, like the one about Belch being a new move and the second gym leader being a Fairy gym leader.

That doesn't read like "support" that reads like "let's take these mostly-legit rumors and ride their coattails by adding additional rumors on top of it"

this suposedly new hability looks very similar to Pickpocket, I'm not excluding cause of this cause we have vital spirit and insomnia but I want to see if this Vandal Heart will have any difference to Pickpocket if it is real.

especially since we already have those rival/friend people that we saw earlier. even more people that're relevant to the plot/consistently battle you seems unlikely imo.

Stupid. It's always the fake ones that try to describe what new Pokemon are going to look like. The entire internet has agreed that, because Clauncher has yellow bits, it will become a Water/Electric, and they just made up a rumor following that notion. I'm not saying it isn't possible that GF wanted to go that route (I'm feeling it evolves into a Water/Fire, with a much more intense blue as its primary color and yellow/white undertones to resemble a really hot flame) , but that mention is their biggest deal breaker, the second biggest is the old Pokemon listed who will get evolutions. Once again, it's just coincidentally going with the majority opinion on what should happen. The Pangoro note seems plausible, but even if it was from a legitimate source, I'd only take it with a grain of salt. The extra two kids could be members of the newest evil organization, but they didn't shoot for the stars with that mention like with everything else on their list. Fie on bad rumors :[

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the topic of non flying / levitating Pokemon that could potentially be in sky battles (ie Volcarona), I'd really enjoy seeing Golurk featured in it. I think it would look real cool with its rocket feet and hands. Sure it's ground typing would be useless, but, ROCKETS!

Besides 4chan hasn't released any legitimate rumors before that have been proven now.

also "Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned. "

The design and ability don't make any sense. We already have the ability pickpocket anyway

Two thoughts about Talonflame.

1. I think it's name could be talon + enflame. Would have been more transparent and probably looked better if it were "Talenflame," huh?

2. It may be the only evolution of Fletchling, as only one spot was shown in the Pokedex after it. Someone zoomed in on a Pokedex preview in a promotional image, and there wasn't room for 2 stages. Things could change, however... and the site does say that Talonflame is "an evolution" instead of "the."

Just some food for thought! I'm personally stoked for Clauncher and Skrelp, hope they become some serious BA water types. Calling Water / Steel on Claunchy!
This... actually makes the name much more acceptable to me. Awesome first post.

A dog and a solar-powered newt? it would be weird for sure. My theory is that it will lose Normal typing when it evolves. Because one constant in the Pokemon games is that the first type NEVER changes.
Maybe not such close counterparts as Magmar/Electabuzz, but version exclusives maybe?

I'm pretty sure that gamefreak has noticed how many gamers dislike the continued usage of the fire/ fighting type starter. Pretty sure it's going to be a Fire/ Psychic combination like the rumors from Pokebeach suggest.
I personally love Fire/Fighting types and would welcome a new addition. *Dodges rotten vegetables and stones*

breh

強いだね
this suposedly new hability looks very similar to Pickpocket, I'm not excluding cause of this cause we have vital spirit and insomnia but I want to see if this Vandal Heart will have any difference to Pickpocket if it is real.
Nice catch; I'm calling bs on this. Unlike Vital Sprit / Insomnia (which convey two different flavors - not willing to sleep vs. not being physically able to do so), Pickpocket and "Vandal Heart" are pretty much the same flavor - there's no reason to make something identical.

I'm not sure who thought it would be realistic to make a mon with red eyes and a relaxed expression evolve into a mon with weed in the most prominent syllable of its name...

This isn't Base Ball levels of lolworthy leaks, but it's close.

I just realized something. Gardevoir, the Chansey line, Milotic, and the Togepi line all have one thing in common. They can sense emotion and bring happiness to their trainer. Do you think they will recieve a retype as well?

Edit: forgot to mention Sylveon too can sense emotion

Personally, I would love to see a non-starter Fire/Fighting evolution line.
This is more what I meant. I love the type combo (actually any Fighting dual-types for that matter. Where's our Electric/Fighting?) but in this case I want to see Fire/Psychic for the starter.

I Went through the last 3 pages & didn't see nothing about it, so I decided to post the batch of New Rumors. I apologize if this is a problem:

From Pokejungle:

Some new rumors have emerged on 4chan from someone who allegedly “knows a guy” that works as a marketing supervisor. Nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary is told, but nonetheless a good read.Before we dive into these rumors, remember to take this with a grain of salt; it could be real, it could be fake.

• “Tame Park” allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV’s.
  • Two boys, “Tofune” and “Mika” will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
  • Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned.
  • Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it’s type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
  • Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
  • “Kale” is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a “androgyne style.” Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.

I Went through the last 3 pages & didn't see nothing about it, so I decided to post the batch of New Rumors. I apologize if this is a problem:

From Pokejungle:

Some new rumors have emerged on 4chan from someone who allegedly “knows a guy” that works as a marketing supervisor. Nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary is told, but nonetheless a good read.Before we dive into these rumors, remember to take this with a grain of salt; it could be real, it could be fake.

... This is a repost of literally something on this page...

Remember, upon evolving, Azurill became re-typed, and Bellossom did not retain Poison.

Hopefully, Skrelp isn't Tentacool, part II.

Personally, I don't think the Fire-Fighting starter trend got dumb until Tepig. Not because it was the third in a row, but more because it seriously wasn't necessary for Pignite to do that, while it kind of was for Combusken and Monferno. If the first boss uses Rock-types (like in Hoenn or Sinnoh), Fire is at a distinct disadvantage compared to Grass and Water. But add a Fighting-type to Fire, and now the Fiery Fighters can beat their way through as well as the others. The way Unova's designed, though, the first two gyms are the gym where the leader uses a Pokemon strong against your starter and the Normal gym. Fire, Water, and Grass should be able to each fight as well as the others against these two gyms, so Pignite had no good reason to become a Fighter.

I like the combination of Fire and Fighting itself (Infernape is one of my favorite Pokemon), but enough with doing that to the starters when you don't have to. If you want to put in a Fire-Fighting-type, maybe something we catch in the wild?

Also, I thought Fennekin having psychic powers was kind of inferred (or maybe confirmed) from the first trailer, where she used some psychic move at one point (I want to say Psywave, but I don't know for sure).

4Chan said:
Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
Can't tell if anything in this rumor is actually true or not, so I'm not putting stock into it yet. BUT, let's say this "Blister Blast" move exists for a moment. Why would you want the Pokemon to promote a Water attack that's super-effective on Flying-types to be an Electric-type? You know, a type well-known for striking down Flying Pokemon already?

Is it just me or does it bug anyone else that they seem to just be randomly switching types around, when their normal typing conventions would have them in a different order (see: Noivern Flying/Dragon, Helioptile Electric/Normal, Litleo Fire/Normal, Skrelp Poison/Water)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)