Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

I'd like to see if there is enough interest in Forum Nomic. For those of you who don't know, Nomic is a game in which a very basic "Constitution" regarding the game rules, and how to modify the rules themselves are given. The neat thing of a game like this is that you basically get to make the game whatever the players want. In person the game is difficult simply because of the logistics, but various "forum nomics" have been successful.

The original rules may have to be modified slightly to fit the format of a forum (for instance, the original Nomic has turn based play, this might be changed to 24-48 hour windows for proposing idea and then voting on them).

An example of a very successful forum nomic can be found here.

I think an initial playerbase of anything over around 5 people would be enough to start- it would be easy enough to add in more later. This is basically just an interest-gauging post!
That actually sounds like a lot of fun, I would play that.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I would like to host a Super smash Bros. Brawl mafia game with Snaquaza.
We are working on the details, but it will have (roughly) 20 characters in all and 3 mafia to begin with (Not, not the whole game). There will be some never-before-seen roles in it (or at least none that I or Snaquaza have seen).

It will be a standard, NOC game, with no items or anything fancy like that.

Celever

i am town
Snaquaza had to leave before the stages could be created, so we don't really have any stage themes solidified. I will have to get back to you on that one tomorrow, sorry. :(

celever and snaquaza's idea of a Super Smash Brawl mafia inspired me to create a Mario Kart Wii NOC. I'm incoorporating Item Boxes and differing courses (I don't want to give away what happens with each course). I'm looking for a co-host, preferably somebody who is relatively experienced, or has co-hosted before.

Blackhawk11

one on one
no i mean you just posted all the details of your game. anyone who plays it will already know who all the roles are. D1 everyone just claims their role and right off the bat you've narrowed down who the mafia are to 6 players (the fake claims and their counterclaims). even if the mafia kills one each night and you lynch the three real claims first, you only lose 8 villagers max.

yeah... I would really enjoy the game but at this point it would need to be massively rebalanced. As cool as all this info is maybe consider just sharing it with the circus mod you want to have approve it.

Celever

i am town
Could I just delete most of what I have put down here, and then change some stuff around in the game to rebalance it then? :/

Edit: Done :(

So basically this is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mafia game of the standard difficulty. It had three mafia members to start with, but also a traitor much nearer the end of the game, if he is not dead already. There will be different stages on each day, and 20 players.

That is just a loose description of the game, mainly for a mod to approve it at some point. We are pretty much done with the planning, we just need to write up the role PMs! ^_^

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
TBH, I don't see how your logic holds up Blackhawk11. There have been many a NOC that have had their structure posted up publicly. And actually you can't know who has what role because they are usually randomized. Not too mention certain roles don't want to pub-claim when they ARE village aligned.

But as for numbers I personally would like to see more Mafia members or a Wolf.

I would possibly be interested in playing that.

What method were you planning on using to have players participate?

On that note...

I was wondering if people would be interested in playing a game on this forum without the use of alts or other communication means?

I have a small (12-13 player) setup in mind if anyone is willing to try.
It doesn't have many power roles and primarily relies on the basics of mafia.

Will feature 6 day long Day deadlines and 24 hour night deadlines. The theme of it... is Garden Variety. ;)

Acklow

So basically a NOC. Most people here (especially the newer players) are willing to play NOCs. I personally am getting sick of seeing NOCs (even though I'm hosting one, but I will defend myself and say that it still has outside contact at night, albeit it isn't IRC communication).

Also a protip to all noobies posting that they want to host mafia games:

Please make sure you check up with the forum mods (billymills and Lightwolf) about hosting a game. They'll make sure you have the stamp of approval.

So basically a NOC. Most people here (especially the newer players) are willing to play NOCs. I personally am getting sick of seeing NOCs (even though I'm hosting one, but I will defend myself and say that it still has outside contact at night, albeit it isn't IRC communication).

Also a protip to all noobies posting that they want to host mafia games:

Please make sure you check up with the forum mods (billymills and Lightwolf) about hosting a game. They'll make sure you have the stamp of approval.
Do you guys have a link where you compile your lingo?
NOC confuses me and I've been around the block with mafia before...

Yes, it is quite basic of a set-up. I just want to see if this site has a non IRC based population willing to play some games. :)

It is funny... I was introduced to this site because of its Pokemon sets but I may just end up using it for the mafia community! :P

Acklow

Usually it is done either by IRC or Quicktopic. I've seen other ways as well such as a private forum or something like that. Private Messaging via Smogon seems like a viable form of discourse as well.

Would you say you guys primarily like IRC mafia over the slower paced forum mafia?

I find IRC to be a lot to manage and almost too hectic as a player so I prefer the slower paced forum versions. :|

Acklow

Well the unique thing about Smogon Mafia games is that they are hosted on the forums but tend to have an IRC channel to back them up as well. People like to use the fast-paced atmosphere of IRC to communicate with one another privately or just for kicks and giggles. The rest of the communication is usually done on the forums via the thread that the host posts up (such as lynching, any big tl;drs that people want to post, logs, etc.) or private messaging (which is usually used to forward results that hosts send out to players or for receiving role PMs).

I would highly recommend looking at one of the (Standard) Games in this games listing thread to see more of what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)