Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Missingno. is completely harmless aside from Hall Of Fame corruption(which happens when you encounter it anyway)and battle sprite scrambling. The latter can be fixed by viewing the status screen of a regular pokemon.
The former is hillarious to look at. In Yellow, it's hard to successfully encounter, requiring the Mew Glitch and several iterations of crashing, but the results are the same. In Red/Blue, it's much easier.

Be warned though, Missingno.'s "brother" 'M is more harmfull. Do not catch 'M if that means it is sent to your PC. An 'M in a box effectively breaks the PC.
Actually, you're only partially correct. Only a Lv 0 'M can mess up the PC, and that is only because the game cannot handle Lv 0 Pokemon in general. Sending 'M of any other level to the PC won't have any harmful effects. 'M is completely harmless apart from the ones at Lv 0.

Actually, you're only partially correct. Only a Lv 0 'M can mess up the PC, and that is only because the game cannot handle Lv 0 Pokemon in general. Sending 'M of any other level to the PC won't have any harmful effects. 'M is completely harmless apart from the ones at Lv 0.
Ah so the lvl 80's(IIRC) are safe. Looks like I went with the incorrect association there. Thanks for correcting me.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That particular trade is unmanipulatable.

Gigalith
Lv35
Item: Leppa Berry
Ability Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
Original Trainer Information: Manny ♂ OT:11195
IVS: 20/31/20/20/20/20

Trades are fixed in BW2. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_in-game_trades scroll down here and youll find every BW2 trade is fixed to only give a particular set of IVs/Natures. At least the IV's are good and the Nature is pretty good too!
Hmmm interesting, guess that's actually not so bad. Shame it doesn't get a nickname like all the others (Beardy the Alakazam is the best!). Thanks for the help

As far as we can recall there is a bug in the 2nd gen that makes the slower of two Pokemon using Roar go first. Have they fixed that in Stadium 2?

Doing a Pokemon Stadium run, need a little advice with team choice. I figure this was better posted here than in RoA since this isn't really competitive.
I'm choosing the members from my Blue Nuzlocke team that are already trained:

Venusaur (lv. 55)
- Body Slam
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Razor Leaf

Gyarados (lv. 50)
- Blizzard (formerly Ice Beam)
- Strength
- Hyper Beam (formerly Bite)
- Surf

Jolteon (lv. 55)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Sand Attack
- Pin Missile

Snorlax (lv. 50)
- Surf
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam (formerly Amnesia)
- Rest
I don't plan on exploding w/lax because those extra continues are nice to have

I banned abusing glitches during the run, so TMs like the Hyper Beam and Blizzard weren't cloned until after I beat the E4 (too bad Body Slam and Tbolt got used up, but I needed them to get by). I need two more level 50s, but I'm stuck between: Tauros, Rhydon, and Jynx. Jynx is a Psychic type and a great sleep lead (with a bonus of STAB Blizzard), Tauros is basically the king of RBY, and Rhydon is that crucial Normal-resist for later in the game when the CPU is fond of abusing Explosion and Selfdestruct.
I also have a Dugtrio and Raticate trained, but those are rather lame Pokemon IMO. I want the last two slots to be better than that.

I would like some advice from someone that actually knows Gen I battling mechanics, please.

you do know that hyper beam always requires recharging in stadium, yes?

i wouldn't take jynx because each of her roles seem to be redundant with something on the already solidified aspects of your team - you've venusaur as a sleeper, gyarados as your attack spammer [which has blizzard, though you're right about it not being STAB, but it /does/ get STAB surf and has higher special...], and jolteon for your speed. every single one is capable of taking hits better than jynx is, and has other utility [venusaur has that always-critting razor leaf and the always-helpful chance to para in body slam, gyarados is weak only to electric and is mixed [though i guess defensive synergy doesn't particularly matter with jynx as she pretty much dies to a burp unless it's resisted, weak and special], and jolteon can easily spread paralysis and reduce accuracy if needed]. stab blizzard is definitely nice, not going to downplay that, but it's not that necessary. the only thing coming to mind that i really see you needing it for that isn't really covered by anything else is exeggutor and jolteon's pin missile is okay with that too - aside from that tasty freeze rate. but you've got a lot of paralysis on your team + a sleeper + another blizzard user, so it's not too crucial.

tauros is indeed the king of rby and although is not as mandatory as snorlax in gen 2, a team can't really get worse with a tauros on it, and he helps a lot with that great crit rate and coverage. rhydon is as you said a great normal resist and is also a pretty good hard-hitter on its own, despite its crit rate being crap.

yeah not having jynx makes your team weaker to fighters but who the hell cares, really? venusaur and gyarados should do nicely against them. fighters are not that threatening in first gen.

I know the Hyper Beam is fixed in Stadium (as well as Substitute), but it's still a great way to quickly clean up the last mon. Or if I know that there is nothing that threatening left after a kill, then I'll take the turn of recharge.
Fighters I'm not concerned with - Submission is rare and it sucks, and most Fighters crumble to Jolteon or Venusaur anyway. Also, Fighters this gen mostly rely on Normal attacks. The only real concern is Hitmonlee's Hi Jump Kick, but Venusaur and Gyarados resist it and OHKO.

Thanks for the input! I guess I don't really need a Psychic. Alakazam would be nice, but I can't trade unless I find another working Transfer Pak (so, for all intents and purposes, I can't trade).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

If you scroll down to critcal capture, it shows a small table species caught and multiplier.
Can you tell me what it is?
So i get a higher chance of getting that critcal capture animation if i catch more pokemon?
From what I understand reading that, it means basically that the more "owned" entries you have in your Pokedex, the more likely you are to have a critical capture. So catching a bunch of Pokemon of the same species won't help you, but filling out your Pokedex will.

Quick question, if I have a male Aron with Endeavor and breed it with a Ditto, would it pass down to the baby Aron?

Alternatively, if I have two Arons, both or one with Endeavor, will it pass down?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Quick question, if I have a male Aron with Endeavor and breed it with a Ditto, would it pass down to the baby Aron?

Alternatively, if I have two Arons, both or one with Endeavor, will it pass down?
Only Male Pokemon pass down moves. You CAN pass down moves as long as Aron has Endeavor and is male with a Ditto. Endeavor is an Egg move For Aron which is learnable from a Tutor or as being bred with it. It's only stuff like, Dream World Abilities etc that cant be passed down via Ditto.

The latter example would only work if they move is in that Pokemon's level up, but not as egg moves. For example: Mothim breeds with Wormadam, and can pass down Protect/Bug Bite down to a baby Burmy, even though Burmy has no egg moves, but learns those moves via level up.

How to hoenn starters and lati

So I had only recently beaten Red in HG, and I just wanted to continue and collect the starters that you could get. And I got the Kanto starter, but when I went to the Silph Co. building to talk to Steven, he isn't even there.

And is there something I forgot to do or what? Because also, after exiting the vermillion city's pokemon fan club, steven is supposed to talk to you and say that one of the lati are roaming the region. But he has been absent this entire time

Is there something I missed? Or is my game broken?

The Ultimate Perfect Forum is a place to have topics about real life/sports/dumb things/etc.

The in-game thread is the Orange Islands, here. The Simple Questions & Answers board should be able to help.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone help with the fastest way to gain money on white 2, post game?
Black Tower/White Treehollow is a great way to get lots of money if your Pokémon are strong enough, with at least 2000 Poké per trainer on the lower floors; You have to clear the areas to get money though. The Antique Shops on Join Avenue alongside the man in the Icirrus Pokémon Centre is another way to make money fast; even the Hard Stones can return a profit from some items.

Otherwise, just general beating up trainers with an Amulet coin on the lead Pokémon can work.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I had only recently beaten Red in HG, and I just wanted to continue and collect the starters that you could get. And I got the Kanto starter, but when I went to the Silph Co. building to talk to Steven, he isn't even there.

And is there something I forgot to do or what? Because also, after exiting the vermillion city's pokemon fan club, steven is supposed to talk to you and say that one of the lati are roaming the region. But he has been absent this entire time

Is there something I missed? Or is my game broken?
Have you been to the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion? I think that has something to do with activating the Lati event, which should then make Steven spawn at the Silph Co. Building. Pick the colour stone which corresponds to the Pokemon you want, Green for Treecko, Blue for Mudkip, and Red for Torchic. I hope that helps :)

I've just started using the DW again and I got a Kelceon with Reflect Type (it's DW exclusive move). I was just wondering if it was possible to get a Kelceon with both Reflect Type and Skill Swap (its eggmove)? Or is it one or the other?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I've just started using the DW again and I got a Kelceon with Reflect Type (it's DW exclusive move). I was just wondering if it was possible to get a Kelceon with both Reflect Type and Skill Swap (its eggmove)? Or is it one or the other?
Skill Swap is a move tutor move iirc, so you can get both that way.

I was wondering if anyone here was good with Photoshop, I made a text(s) I'd like to use in my upcoming RMT thread, and im not sure how to actually only have the text appear. I save it, upload to photoshop, and I still have the background as seen here. So my question is, how do I only take the text out of Photoshop and not the standard background that comes with it; OR how do I place it in a forum post so it doesnt look like this

hmm... i haven't used photoshop in a bit, but perhaps you could use the rectangle selection tool, select your text, and then "cut" - then exit out of the tab with that image in particular [but not photoshop!] and then just ctrl + v to paste the image you cut into photoshop?

[sorry if it doesn't work - it works in GIMP, a very similar program which i use all the time ;n;]

Have you been to the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion? I think that has something to do with activating the Lati event, which should then make Steven spawn at the Silph Co. Building. Pick the colour stone which corresponds to the Pokemon you want, Green for Treecko, Blue for Mudkip, and Red for Torchic. I hope that helps :)
i tried but he doesn't spawn at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)