Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the harm in having two Pokemon that share a type in your first party? If they come with secondary types that add different STAB boosts to your team, then having two Fire types isn't a major issue in-game. If Talonflame also has the benefit of having Flying STAB and it's the only other Fire type besides Fennekin in your party, then your team isn't at a MAJOR disadvantage if you have other Pokemon on hand that help cover their weaknesses.
If there's another fantastic Grass type out there that I desperately want to train, I wouldn't immediately decide against having both it and Chespin in my first party. You're all thinking too competitively for the sake of a playthrough.

nah, it's not competitively. it's an ocd quality of mine, haha. i did that before i even knew what smogon was - i'm actually more liable to double-up types because i do that sometimes on my competitive teams, tbh.

Actually I'm waiting for the final evos before I make my decision of which is the coolest, though I'm most likely going to have Chespin in at least ONE of my games.

Actually it is hard to genarate Sylveon's stats judging by the videa.
Because we don't know the iv's,ev's, nature from both sides neither if they're still here.
We also don't know the base power of the moves.
But judging by the name Fairy Wind, could it ba an ominious/silver wind clone?
60 BP 10% boosting all stats?
It is actually easy. All of the Eeveelutions have the same stats, but in different places. Sylveon has 95 base HP.

It is actually easy. All of the Eeveelutions have the same stats, but in different places. Sylveon has 95 base HP.
Has that stat been confirmed/made almost certain by fans? If so the only Eeveelution it matches is Umbreon and I hope Sylveon does not end up a wall. Put the other two good stats in either Attack or Sp Attack (whichever Fairy types usually are my guess Sp Attack since it is like a split of Psychic and that Fairy is magic) and the other in Speed and it would be good. It just has to be good, it is the poster of Fairy type!

Has that stat been confirmed/made almost certain by fans? If so the only Eeveelution it matches is Umbreon and I hope Sylveon does not end up a wall. Put the other two good stats in either Attack or Sp Attack (whichever Fairy types usually are my guess Sp Attack since it is like a split of Psychic and that Fairy is magic) and the other in Speed and it would be good. It just has to be good, it is the poster of Fairy type!
i kinda doubt that it'll specialize in special attack when both glaceon and espeon already do.

i mean, it's possible, but...

i kinda doubt that it'll specialize in special attack when both glaceon and espeon already do.

i mean, it's possible, but...
Everything has already been specialized once so I would not doubt it. Although come to think of it it may become something like Umbreon to be niche against Dragon which will really limit its versatility but I just see that because it is the image of Fairy that it will be meant to fight Dragons.

Sylveon bulky sp.attacker anyone?

Everything has already been specialized once so I would not doubt it. Although come to think of it it may become something like Umbreon to be niche against Dragon which will really limit its versatility but I just see that because it is the image of Fairy that it will be meant to fight Dragons.
Maybe Sylveon's stats well be

HP: 110
attack: 60
defense: 95
sp.attack: 130
sp.defense: 65
speed: 65.

Given how the game looks in standard gameplay on routes in everything else we've seen I have no reason to think we won't just "walk on a Pokemon" without the tiles being noticeably different like grass/sand/whatever always has been. With the exception of caves we've never just encountered Pokemon on standard tiles before and given what we've seen thus far I have no reason to think that's changed.
Has anyone considered that the "Helioptile you stepped on" battle encounter might just be this gen's version of the "sandy spots" in B/W/2? They might have just given it new encounter text. Or, encounters outside of long grass in general might say this. Really, stepping on a buried lizard and it attacking is a lot more realistic than "oh shit there wasn't a Pokemon right in front of me in full view but now there is!"

I would love to see another side game in the redukn of Orre. I want Cipher to come back. I kinda want to see Michael (from XD) sister to become the main protagonist.

Any suggestions?

Hmm... Since they are doing GTS on XY, I wonder how popular hackmon creating apps are going to work.

I honestly think that Luvdisc deserves & needs an evoulution.
It should be Water/Fairy. Also, about Mawile supposedly becoming Fairy, did you know that it was based on Japanese folklore? Aka... Fairytale ;)

Hmm... Since they are doing GTS on XY, I wonder how popular hackmon creating apps are going to work.

It should be Water/Fairy. Also, about Mawile supposedly becoming Fairy, did you know that it was based on Japanese folklore? Aka... Fairytale ;)
I think it well be kinda popular.... People don't use it much... Most is Wi-if battlers(thats lik 13.4% of the fan-base)

I want anyone who does that crap of putting a pokemon in GTS with an impossible trade to get it thrown away WITH a report system for those stupid trades of *insert any horrible pokemon here* for lvl 100 Mew. I am tired of GTS being unusable because of them that I seriously want to make a lvl 1 Reshiram with the stats and moves of Magikarp just to get back at them.

There will be plenty of retypings I am sure but there are so many evolutions we want but I doubt they will ever happen. *still hoping for Pinsir evolution*

Well, if they're serious about this whole Dragon checking business they'll make Sylveon something like:

It'll have enough speed to outrun most, enough SpA to KO most, and enough Def to hopefully live a neutral hit if it ends up eating an EQ/Superpower instead of a predicted Dragon attack.

back up, back up, back up. they didn't say that sylveon would check the dragons, they said the faerie type would check the dragons. key difference. that's like saying that umbreon will check psychics. they've already had two eeveelutions specialize in special attack as well - all of the others have only one. why do you think that they'd do that a third time?

back up, back up, back up. they didn't say that sylveon would check the dragons, they said the faerie type would check the dragons. key difference. that's like saying that umbreon will check psychics. they've already had two eeveelutions specialize in special attack as well - all of the others have only one. why do you think that they'd do that a third time?
I did say Fairy would check Dragons but Syleon being the image of Fairy would make sense for it to check dragons.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Where's the harm in having two Pokemon that share a type in your first party? If they come with secondary types that add different STAB boosts to your team, then having two Fire types isn't a major issue in-game. If Talonflame also has the benefit of having Flying STAB and it's the only other Fire type besides Fennekin in your party, then your team isn't at a MAJOR disadvantage if you have other Pokemon on hand that help cover their weaknesses.
If there's another fantastic Grass type out there that I desperately want to train, I wouldn't immediately decide against having both it and Chespin in my first party. You're all thinking too competitively for the sake of a playthrough.
MONO-FIRE ON FIRST PLAYTHROUGH YEAHHHHH

But seriously, I went with both Tepig and Victini in my first playthrough of Black and it was a little tedious balancing their training. I didn't want to swap one out either coz I liked the whole starter and legendary together thing. Anyway my point is I see what people are saying

Now that I think of it I might do a mono-fire run to start! You've got a flyer in Talonflame, and if the rumors are true about that water/fire pistol shrimp ive got a surfer.

Gee I'm excited

yeah, x/y definitely seem like the pokemon games for a fire monotype thing - three [four?] pokes already revealed that look pretty cool - chances are that if this is it or the other ones are rubbish, there'll be a few from previous gens that look okay.

also, serebii looks sick now, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)