Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
knowing gamefreak, they probably won't actually SHOW the IV/EV numbers to you but probably use a star rating system like for the pokethlon, and maybe like a meter next to your stats showing roughly how much "progress" you made

Well, since we're on the subject of sylveon's stats, I thought of this stat distribution:
HP:95 ATK: 60 DEF:130 Sp. ATK: 110 Sp. Def: 65 Spe:65
or, since it outsped salamence(I think?)
HP: 95 Atk:60 DEF:65 SP.ATk:110 Sp. DEF:65 Spe:130

Alright, let's recap.

-Psychic hits Poison SE, yet they both resist fighting.

-Dark hits Ghost SE, yet the both hit Psychic SE.

-Bug hits Fire SE, but they both hit Grass SE.

And there are most likely other examples.
Uhh, I can't tell whether you're agreeing with me or not. You're just listing examples to my second point that when you resist a type you often hit it super effectively back.

But like, if we look at ghosts for example.
They're not very effective against dark type, and dark type is super effective against ghost.

Ice is not very effective vs steel, steel is super effective vs it.

Steel is not very effective vs fire, fire is super effective vs it.

Almost all types have these relationships, Dragon's the only other one that kinda doesn't. But it at least has the whole, resist all the elementals except ice thing. So it makes sense. The leaked fairy matchups don't really have any rhyme or reason as far as I can tell, besides it being somewhat related to the fighting/psychic/dark/ghost group.

i was thinking that, too. moonblast could very well be like earthquake in the sense that it's physical although it does not directly make contact.

Also a minor thing, Charizard's feet are actually not touching the ground, just like most flying Pokémon we saw previously. They are instead diagonal to the ground. You can check yourself if you watch it on fullscreen or you can see the shadow and tail's location in this screencap.

I am posting this because of the previous discussion regarding which Pokémon will be elligable for Sky battles 30 or so pages back.

We can't assume that Fairy is going to be a killer offensive type. It may have its gems, but since it's acting like a check, it may be more of a support/defensive type, which will effect Sylveon's stat spread. Sylveon is supposed to be the epitome of what that elementis all about in battle, like how Electric types are speedy with good SpAtk, and Water types, on average, have pretty good health. Gardevoir, Azumarill and Wigglytuff don't share many common points in their stat spreads, but since we don't have Flabébé's stats to work off of, I'm thinking that Sylveon will have good health, poor speed, one good defense stat and one good attack stat.
If I mixed Wigglytuff, Azumarill and Gardevoir's stats together and then tried averaging them into an Eeveelution stat spread, my guess would be:
110/60/65/95/130/65

That interpretation seems a little weird to me. I mean, how are you going to explain it to the kids?
"Right, so we've got this new Burny-Shock move here. It's a Fire and Electric type move."
*Kid butts in* "So it does Fire and Electric damage all at once?!"
"Er, well, no. It only does Fire damage. But Electric types can use it as if they were Fire type."
"But they can use Fire attacks just fine, see? He knows Flame Charge!"
"Yes, but he doesn't have STAB."
"What's Stab? Is it Steel type?"

It just seems like it'd be confusing and kind of a letdown that it doesn't actually do types of damage. The 'two attacks hit, each of a different type' idea seems best to me. I mean, kids aren't gonna bother to calculate out the exact effectiveness. They'd just have fun shooting lightning bolts that then set Pokemon on Fire.

And of course, there could always be no Dual-type moves.
I think we are making this far too complicated; dual type moves, to me, will be like curse - Ghost type move when used by a ghost, else a normal type move that boosts attack and defense while dropping speed.

We can't assume that Fairy is going to be a killer offensive type. It may have its gems, but since it's acting like a check, it may be more of a support/defensive type, which will effect Sylveon's stat spread. Sylveon is supposed to be the epitome of what that elementis all about in battle, like how Electric types are speedy with good SpAtk, and Water types, on average, have pretty good health. Gardevoir, Azumarill and Wigglytuff don't share many common points in their stat spreads, but since we don't have Flabébé's stats to work off of, I'm thinking that Sylveon will have good health, poor speed, one good defense stat and one good attack stat.
If I mixed Wigglytuff, Azumarill and Gardevoir's stats together and then tried averaging them into an Eeveelution stat spread, my guess would be:
110/60/65/95/130/65
The only information that we have on the new fairy type is that it exists, is effective against dragon type (and now apparently dark type) and that six pokemon have it. We really shouldn't start making assumptions just yet.

The only information that we have on the new fairy type is that it exists, is effective against dragon type (and now apparently dark type) and that six pokemon have it. We really shouldn't start making assumptions just yet.
I know that, and I'm not assuming right off the bat that Fairy types will work one way or another.
~welcome to the wonderful world of speculation~

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Actually I'm waiting for the final evos before I make my decision of which is the coolest, though I'm most likely going to have Chespin in at least ONE of my games.
That's a good point, I remember thinking that Tepig and its line would be the best thing ever. Then it turned into another Fire/Fighting, and Emboar is just.. ew. So much firepig potential wasted :[

Also, the whole avoiding a double-up on types in-game isn't as competitively minded as it is just me being OCD about my teams. I love trying out random underused stuff in-game, and not doubling up on types allows you to try out certain pokes you otherwise wouldn't even think of using.

How did we find out the dark type? We also know for sure that fairy is not resisted by dark and flying (in the video it was still super effective against salamence and hydreigon.

How did we find out the dark type? We also know for sure that fairy is not resisted by dark and flying (in the video it was still super effective against salamence and hydreigon.
I posted the link on the previous page, but here's the post if you are too unwilling to check it.

"kadabrium on Serebiiforums said:
source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2404858638?pn=1

It has been observed that Fairy Wind dealt 100 damage in the Japanese trailer:
dc54564e9258d109ded2ab19d058ccbf6c814d63.jpg
According to Smogon[1], the damage calculation formula is
Damage Formula = (((((((Level × 2 ÷ 5) + 2) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk ÷ 50) ÷ [Sp]Def) × Mod1) + 2) ×
CH × Mod2 × RN ÷ 100) × STAB × Type1 × Type2 × Mod3)
where the random number modifier is before the type effectiveness modifier.

Before every modifier the number is rounded down, so here we would see :
[Initial damage x RN] x STAB x type = damage
where "initial damage" is a whole number before the RN multiplier. "initial damage x RN" is also a whole number.
For a 2-times super effective move to do around 100 damage, we estimate the "initial damage x RN" to be 32-34
However
32x1.5x2=96
33x1.5(rounded down)x2=98
34x1.5x2=102
That is, it is always impossible for a STAB, 2-time super effective to do 100 damage.

But when fairy is 4 times super effective against Hydreigon i.e. fairy is super effective against dark
16x1.5x4=96
17x1.5(rounded down)x4=100
which are exactly the damages dealt in the English and Japanese trialers, respectively.

So it is expected that Fairy will be super effective against dark.

[1]Smogon damage formula:http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/damage_formula
110/60/65/95/130/65
The bare minimum HP 110 Base gives is 170 at Level 50. Sylveon's HP is 155 in the Smash showcase.

So...I just realized something. You know how we can ride Gogoat and other various Pokemon around certain areas?
What about Fly and Suft/Waterfall/Dive? Are we going to FINALLY be flying high in the sky with out beloved Pokemon? Oh my god...I can see it now
[youtube]WvQb65N473E[/youtube]

So revolutionary!
So...what do you guys think?

also
misogynist joke

XD I am in love with Fairy type now!

The bare minimum HP 110 Base gives is 170 at Level 50. Sylveon's HP is 155 in the Smash showcase.
Is THAT where everyone's getting that from? Shame on me for not watching Smash. I'll shut up about making edumacated guesses while noting that Sylveon may have the same base HP as Umbreon. (though that still makes me think Sylveon will be the second mostly defensive Eeveelution)

imagine if u could ride yveltal
-le blush-
Why sir, I've never even kissed a trainer.

I mostly wonder what it would do for non dragon or fairy pokemon. Since dragon might be less dominant, and fairy has it own weakneses, other types will rise in usage, and with that their counters. I wonder what pokemon will rise in usage simply because of this change

Also

I mostly wonder what it would do for non dragon or fairy pokemon. Since dragon might be less dominant, and fairy has it own weakneses, other types will rise in usage, and with that their counters. I wonder what pokemon will rise in usage simply because of this change[/hide]
I think that Psychic MIGHT be coming back up a bit...just a bit, but since Steel and Dark are still pretty balanced...I dunno...maybe this will be the MOST balanced generation yet! 18 is an even number after ;)

i can see gengar/venusaur sludge bomb being a thing :o
possibly ferro's gyro ball being a primary slash? i'unno i'm not really an ou person so i'm not sure of the ou shenanigans that exist at this point ahaha
[ferro would be even more amazing in ubers i think though]

It's kind of a crapshoot theorymoning how pokemon will rise/fall when we only know a handful of fairy types
most fairies might be trash or just be completely destroyed by their weaknesses to the point where it's not worth using
and new attacks might make other types better, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)