Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
Why do people assume that Sylveon is "special" and not "physical" ? Maybe he has 95/110/60/65/60/130 (Something like that)
Given that it OHKOes Salamence with its attack where both are level 50 (not an easy feat with no investment), either Sylveon's attack or special attack bases have to be reasonably high (either 110 / 130) and the attack itself has to be fairly strong too. However, given that this is Sylveon at level 50, the guess is that it's one of those "strong moves learned at level 45", meaning that its BP is 120. The reason Moonblast is thought to be special is because literally every "blast" move bar rock blast (rock types are kind of oddities with respect to special attacks anyway, I guess) is special.

makes sense, but you're smashing them with the moon/a moon-shaped thing a la skullkid, right? maybe a little different in that regard?
[so gonna name mine majora]
so it could be like earthquake i guess? physical move that doesn't make contact? i'unno, my hypothesis. would be pretty ironic if sylveon turns out to have the same attack stat as flareon [and by extension, machamp]. real slap in the face to naysayers lmao

Given that it OHKOes Salamence with its attack where both are level 50 (not an easy feat with no investment), either Sylveon's attack or special attack bases have to be reasonably high (either 110 / 130) and the attack itself has to be fairly strong too. However, given that this is Sylveon at level 50, the guess is that it's one of those "strong moves learned at level 45", meaning that its BP is 120. The reason Moonblast is thought to be special is because literally every "blast" move bar rock blast (rock types are kind of oddities with respect to special attacks anyway, I guess) is special.
Yeah, this is all true. Still, there's always the chance that Game Freak is gonna be trolling again; I mean, look at Sacred Fire - the name doesn't sound physical, the animation certainly doesn't look physical, and yet it is. Then again, I think the only reason GF made Sacred Fire physical was to give a buff to Ho-Oh's higher attack stat (and literally for no common sense reason at all).

That said, yeah - barring something really weird, I think Moonblast being a special attack is pretty likely.

makes sense, but you're smashing them with the moon/a moon-shaped thing a la skullkid, right? maybe a little different in that regard?
[so gonna name mine majora]
so it could be like earthquake i guess? physical move that doesn't make contact? i'unno, my hypothesis. would be pretty ironic if sylveon turns out to have the same attack stat as flareon [and by extension, machamp]. real slap in the face to naysayers lmao
it's called moonblast
the animation is using the power of the moon to generate a sparkling white ball that makes "vwoop vwoop vwoop" noises as the pokemon itself is surrounded by moon power

CALL ME CRAZY, but that's pretty strongly special sounding.

it's called moonblast
the animation is using the power of the moon to generate a sparkling white ball that makes "vwoop vwoop vwoop" noises as the pokemon itself is surrounded by moon power

CALL ME CRAZY, but that's pretty strongly special sounding.
SORRY, CRAZY. I DIDN'T FULLY REMEMBER.
and anyway they do have some pretty interesting things
like seed bomb? i mean they're just throwing some seeds. the moon itself is a giant rock, too.
then there's secret sword, which is "cutting with a horn" and yet it's special

SORRY, CRAZY. I DIDN'T FULLY REMEMBER.
and anyway they do have some pretty interesting things
like seed bomb? i mean they're just throwing some seeds. the moon itself is a giant rock, too.
then there's secret sword, which is "cutting with a horn" and yet it's special
But you aren't throwing the moon like you are throwing seeds

and secret sword isn't special. It's physical ("Cutting with a horn") that runs off Special
e: Well, special that deals physical. You know what I mean.

But you aren't throwing the moon like you are throwing seeds

and secret sword isn't special. It's physical ("Cutting with a horn") that runs off Special
e: Well, special that deals physical. You know what I mean.
BUT I WANT A SEXILY BULKY SYLVEON

I DON'T CARE IF THE TAIL LOOKS AWKWARD THIS NEEDS TO BE A THING
POST NUMBER 1000 AND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO USE IT

/surrounded in a sparkly veil
NEW AVATAAAAR- HAH

New attack: Moon Throw
~~fAiRy~TyPe~~
Use the power of fairies to pick up the moon and lob it at the opponent.
Added effect: 100% chance to cause calamitous damage to the earth and destroy life on the planet as we know it. 10% chance to flinch!

New attack: Moon Throw
~~fAiRy~TyPe~~
Use the power of fairies to pick up the moon and lob it at the opponent.
Added effect: 100% chance to cause calamitous damage to the earth and destroy life on the planet as we know it. 10% chance to flinch!
base power?

i'd guess that it changes colour? i'unno i could totally see some psychedelic acid-trip for evolution going on there.

i like her room, too. reminds me of my days in the audio studio earlier in my life... haha it wasn't that long ago and already nostalgia.

where did you get those images, though?

i'd guess that it changes colour? i'unno i could totally see some psychedelic acid-trip for evolution going on there.

i like her room, too. reminds me of my days in the audio studio earlier in my life... haha it wasn't that long ago and already nostalgia.

where did you get those images, though?
the official website
they've been up there for over a week now

hmm... this suggests that you tell her what you want to be your nickname.
[probably a filter for inappropro ones, though - sorry, guys]

still, though, she seems to be unfamiliar with you if she's giving you a nickname now, and these pics kinda confirm that. maybe you're the new kid in town, a la hoenn?

edit c'mon i don't stalk serebii okay :c

hmm... this suggests that you tell her what you want to be your nickname.
[probably a filter for inappropro ones, though - sorry, guys]

still, though, she seems to be unfamiliar with you if she's giving you a nickname now, and these pics kinda confirm that. maybe you're the new kid in town, a la hoenn

edit c'mon i don't stalk serebii okay :c
By "the official site" I meant http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/
the official site

which says things such as
Early in your journey, you'll meet four special friends whom you'll encounter frequently throughout your adventure. All five of you will be given Pokémon and Pokédexes for your travels around the Kalos region.
or
Your initial meeting with your new friends is a casual affair
and
Shauna will push you to decide on a nickname before the group parts ways

still, though, she seems to be unfamiliar with you if she's giving you a nickname now, and these pics kinda confirm that. maybe you're the new kid in town, a la Hoenn
Seems legit.

How would this show in-game? You seem pretty well established in your home already. You even have a place for your pet Rhyhorn!

aww man don't crap on me :c
--erugh i wanna post mean look haunter so bad
but the japanese site is better i like to stalk that and it doesn't mention that okay :c

How would this show in-game? You seem pretty well established in your home already. You even have a place for your pet Rhyhorn!
hmm... well, it's possible that, like hoenn, your [insert parent] was already there for a bit, or it could've been a few days since you'd moved...
also your avatar was better before ;n;

Big improvement over the previous one imo. But of course, nobody can ever not complain about something. Even something as meaningless as a background colour.
aww c'mon man she wasn't complaining nearly as badly as a lot of people do about the faerie type. it's okay for people to voice not liking something.

i wouldn't be surprised if it's your parent's pokemon, honestly - like your mum's kangaskhan in d/p/pt, though you never actually saw her in the house. it'd be cool, however, if your parent was more involved in this game; we haven't seen any, yet, but being seemingly rich, it seems as though they'll be more important. who knows, maybe we actually have a dad? considering that hoenn hasn't been remade yet, and it very well might be [they've had one remake for each console since gameboy advance, after all]

but i can see it now. backed up against a corner, with yveltal/xerneas ready to strike a fatal blow for invading its territory-
SUDDENLY a grey flash appears, catching the legendary pokemon off guard, causing it to sprawl on the ground, dazed. your old friend rhyhorn snorts as it glares at the creature, motioning for you to get on its back.
recovering, the mythical pokemon roars at its assailant, releasing a vicious beam that smashes into the rock type, slamming it into a wall as it groans in pain.

but it was enough time. sending out the first pokemon in your party, you bark out a command as the battle of a lifetime begins...

I just had a vision, there.
"Champion Mom would like to battle!"
Make it happen, Game Freak.

Also, can someone tell me what this is from. Because I worry that Sableye focus is a sign of the End Times. By which I mean a Sableye evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)