Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden power is a really OP move in my opinion, as it makes many special attackers really hard to deal with if they have a SE hidden power. I wouldn't mind if they just removed hidden power and Ivs, but they will obviously not do that. They should just make hidden power a adjustable type, as in you can go to a place in game where they give you different hidden power types, all of which are base power of 70, so each hp type will be treated as a seperate move. It would also tell you the HP type in battle so you know what type Hidden power your pokemon has.
hidden power isn't OP, it's only 70 BP at maximum. Also there are many pokemon who NEED hidden power to even function, like lilligant.

We need a physical Hidden Power, but Special Hidden Power is absolutely needed or GF have to improve movesets from a LOT of Pokemon ... HP Ice/Grass/Fire are so needed for a lot of Pokemon (Nerfing Steel / Water / Dragon / Flying / Ground pokemon)

We need a physical Hidden Power, but Special Hidden Power is absolutely needed or GF have to improve movesets from a LOT of Pokemon ... HP Ice/Grass/Fire are so needed for a lot of Pokemon (Nerfing Steel / Water / Dragon / Flying / Ground pokemon)
Indeed, let us boost offense some more while also making things more samey. We must destroy the non-conformers with our perfect coverage!

To put it less flippantly, we should really be careful what we wish for.

When i think of fairy, i think of the fairies from Fablehaven. Those things...
Just don't mess with them.
That's what comes to my mind as well (I just started book 3)
It's true - You don't want to mess with them.

I also envision the Elders from the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series as fitting into the "fairy" category.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ooooh there's a battle bus that goes from edmonton and the surrounding area to vancouver for regionals oyo
i missed it last time because i had no idea, but i totally wanna go next year...

anyway, that seems a touch redundant with the striaton gym, but i think that if they pulled out the unique aspects of a bakery [maybe going through some giant puzzle that looks like a gigantic kitchen] with a gym leader at the end, it could be an awesome gym.

inb4 bread pokemon tho
Let's not forget about cocojoe and toilette. They haven't been proven NOT to exist yet

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
well...Dark hasn't been confirmed to be weak to Fairy yet but that would be crazy.

Metagross would actually see more use now :p

Also, color me insane but wouldn't it be AWESOME if this what accurate
and Fairy was SE to Electric? That would FINALLY give it another weakness!
Assuming that the damage formula hasn't changed... could someone verify this? If it's true... oh boy.

Well, if the damage is no longer rounded off after every stage of the calculation, it would be wrong. Otherwise, the math seems to hold up (although it suggests that either Gardevoir is a lower level or Fairy Wind is weak).

Something just occured to me. With dark being weak to fairy Metagross is now the only Pseudo-Legendary not 4X weak to a move
Even better Metagross would be the only pseudo-legend not weak to Fairy (and depending on what we get in Gen 6 the only one that ressists it) if that's true

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, IVs are how Hidden Power is calculated. I guess that Hidden Power could be attached to the PID. They are gonna have to change the formula in some way if they are gonna add Hidden Power Fairy anyways.

They are gonna have to change the formula in some way if they are gonna add Hidden Power Fairy anyways.
Its more likely that the maximum IV (31) for a stat will increase, imo. One of the main reasons why Gen 3 couldn't communicate with Gen 2 was because of the new IV-calculating formula in Gen 3. According to the roundtable, Game Freak is working on a way for the 3DS and DS games to communicate, so obviously they don't want another issue like that to happen again.

Well, if the damage is no longer rounded off after every stage of the calculation, it would be wrong. Otherwise, the math seems to hold up (although it suggests that either Gardevoir is a lower level or Fairy Wind is weak).
Well, since Fairy Wind does sound like a Fairy-type clone of Silver Wind and Ominous Wind, it does stand to reason that it would be a 60 Power move. And it's not a stretch to think that the Gardevoir shown is a lower level, because not all the Pokemon in the trailer are level 50 (a Noivern shown is a whopping level 80).

Also, IVs are how Hidden Power is calculated. I guess that Hidden Power could be attached to the PID. They are gonna have to change the formula in some way if they are gonna add Hidden Power Fairy anyways.
I sincerely hope that they do away with the IV formula for Hidden Power. It would be great if Hidden Power was just a default 70 power (sorry Technician users), and that the type is determined some other way. Given that they're making IVs and EVs more accessible somehow, it stands to reason that Hidden Power would also be made easier. It's too inaccessible as is.

I sincerely hope that they do away with the IV formula for Hidden Power. It would be great if Hidden Power was just a default 70 power (sorry Technician users), and that the type is determined some other way. Given that they're making IVs and EVs more accessible somehow, it stands to reason that Hidden Power would also be made easier. It's too inaccessible as is.
I also hope they change the formula. And if they have to have different base power, they could at least make the range between 60-70 instead of 30-70. The same could be asked for IVs, instead of having a range that adds between 0-31 to each stat at level 100, they could easily program it so that it provides between say 25-31. Or have one of 4 values: 0,2,30 or 31. That would be so much less of a burden for people that don't RNG.

I also hope they change the formula. And if they have to have different base power, they could at least make the range between 60-70 instead of 30-70. That would be so much less of a burden for people that don't RNG.
Having Hidden Power be between 60-70 Power is a perfect compromise, actually. It would keep its variable power properties and allow Technician users to continue getting their bonus. If it were up to me, I would also allow the type of a Pokemon's Hidden Power to be changed somehow, but I'm not holding my breath on that last one...

The only thing that bothers me is how they plan on incorporating hidden power (fairy) and having cross compatibility with bw/bw2. It seems like if they have to do both, then hidden power can no longer be computed from IVs or maybe they could use IVs...I have no idea. On the issue of cross compatibility. I actually wish there wasn't any compatibility. There's so many illegal moveset/ability combinations to keep track of, its really a hassle. And as a special request could we please have chansey learn wish/seismic toss by level up or TM. I'm sure no one wants to transfer their chansey from r/s/e/fr/lg to d/p/pt to bw/bw2 to x/y, just so that it knows seismic toss and wish.

The only thing that bothers me is how they plan on incorporating hidden power (fairy) and having cross compatibility with bw/bw2. It seems like if they have to do both, then hidden power can no longer be computed from IVs or maybe they could use IVs...I have no idea. On the issue of cross compatibility. I actually wish there wasn't any compatibility. There's so many illegal moveset/ability combinations to keep track of, its really a hassle. And as a special request could we please have chansey learn wish/seismic toss by level up or TM. I'm sure no one wants to transfer their chansey from r/s/e/fr/lg to d/p/pt to bw/bw2 to x/y, just so that it knows seismic toss and wish.
"hey this guy is from gen 5/4/3, use the old formula"
"this guy is fresh, use the new formula"

or just recalculate it periods and move sets be damned

Indeed, let us boost offense some more while also making things more samey. We must destroy the non-conformers with our perfect coverage!

To put it less flippantly, we should really be careful what we wish for.
The end of stall ? Go go.

I play "competitive" pokemon since RBY ... Did you play the pp stall game waiting for a freeze/special drop/critical ? And the worst stall metagame was GSC ... Umbreon, Blissey, Skarmory, Steelix, Cloyster, Ferrothorn ... Adv wasn't really better .... DPPt and BW2 fixed a few things : Playing 70 rounds is not funny, seriously

"hey this guy is from gen 5/4/3, use the old formula"
"this guy is fresh, use the new formula"
That means that gen 5/4/3 cannot have hidden power(fairy) if they use old formula...which complicates illegal movesets/abilities/hidden power combinations even more. And if they were to use the new formula on old gen 5/4/3 that means that our RNGed Shiny Hidden Power (Fire) Latios suddenly has its Hidden Power (Fire) changed Hidden Power (Steel) or any other Hidden Power with different base power, if x/y used new formula on old pokemon. I'm sure no one wants that to happen. I highly doubt we get the same move tutors/tms in x and y or a collection of every single one since gen 3

The end of stall ? Go go.

I play "competitive" pokemon since RBY ... Did you play the pp stall game waiting for a freeze/special drop/critical ? And the worst stall metagame was GSC ... Umbreon, Blissey, Skarmory, Steelix, Cloyster, Ferrothorn ... Adv wasn't really better .... DPPt and BW2 fixed a few things : Playing 70 rounds is not funny, seriously
Guy had a ferrothorn in gen 2. I call hackz

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alternatively, they could just not implement Hidden Power Fairy.

If your "hidden trait" is being Fairy, you're either Bug, Flying, or just fabulous.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I'm thinking a few options for HP Fairy.

1. Remodel the HP Structure to accommodate for it
2. Remodel the IV cap (to 33 or 35 if HP Normal is added) and HP Structure to accomodate for it
3. Not implementing it.

Considering that gamefreak is probably lazy, I think they are not going to implement Hidden Power (fairy) and keep the IV system the same. But if they really are trying to put the effort we're definitely going to have changes to the IV/hidden power structure if cross compatibility were allowed with x/y and bw/bw2.

Another thing they could implement is a +HP -(ATK, SPA, DEF..etc) nature. If were getting a new type, we could also get a set of new natures for HP. Its been 3 generations now since r/s/e introduced natures.

2. Remodel the IV cap (to 33 or 35 if HP Normal is added) and HP Structure to accomodate for it
I think the reason for 0-31 is to make full use of 5 bits. If they change the IV cap, to fully use the memory, they would have to use 6 bits giving an IV range from 0-63. Evs are the same reason. 0-255 corresponds to 8 bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)