Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam

Lanturn- Heal bell is there just in case of an emergency. Usually after switching into a thunder attack, it ice beams any opposing Thundurus and dragons or just volt switches against water types. Hydro pump, when supported in rain, also helps to do some good damage.

Hydreigon @ Chople Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Roost *
- Surf *

Hydreigon- Hydreigon use to be a Dusclops, but then I wanted something that didn't just drag the battle out. It counters Reuniclus and Toxicroak, as they are a 100% counter to my entire team. Earth Power hopefully KO's Toxicroak and few others, but Dark Pulse is the real hitter, especially for Reuniclus. Roost is always nice and Surf just picks up that rain damage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers *
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skarmory- General Tank, checks fighting types, set-up pokemon, outrage/sweeper switch in. Skarmory looks normal one, but it runs brave bird to do some great damage with its boosted attack, it can usually take on any type that doesn't carry strong stab moves and most electric attacks are easily predicted for switch in to Lanturn. Again, Brave Bird can also act as a suicide.

Politoed (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rest *
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Politoad- Rain support for damage. Classic Politoad starting rain. I'm thinking about using choice specs for this one, but Life Orb seems to be doing fine. Nothing much different from the regular Politoad set other than this one runs a bit more bulk. Rest is a risk I take as it relies on heal bell.

Conkeldurr @ Quick Claw
Trait: Iron Fist *
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Conkledurr- Semi Hp tank, hard-hitter, wall breaker. Use to receive trick room to be unstoppable, but now runs heavily luck on a Quick Claw. Almost always tanks Outrage to kill with and Ice Punch. For Thunder Punch will catch switch in off guard. Quick Claw is hilarious, but is worthwhile well it activates. I'm having trouble deciding between Iron Fist and Guts...

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 56 Def / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Acid Spray *
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel- Speedster, outspeeds most unchoiced, checks many other sweepers with burn. It uses it speed as an advantage to catch people off guard. It can also tank many special attack moves. Liquid Ooze is preferred because it allows it to counter grass types easily and it also provides reverse leech seed, but I've been running a more regular Rain Dish which seems to cancel the ever so common burn.

So I win like 70-80% of matches, but it's never a shutdown. I don't like the feeling of struggling at the beginning, but maybe that's how its suppose to be. Anything with a " * " indicates what I'm easily willing to change. Toxicroak and Reuniculus are still big threats to my team, any advice there?

Hey there, this is a refreshing team to see, I know what is good in e meta game, but sometimes I just get.............. Tired of reading the same sets over and over again.

Tenta is best used as a spin rr, so

Giga drain--> rapid spin
Acid spray --> toxic /(spikes)
Sludge bomb --> (I like magic coat but use whatever support move.)

Evs, something like 248 Hp 252def 8spe, just use the standard.

I'd recommend changing conk's item to life orb, and ability to sheer force, you will be hitting a lot harder, and I believe you will see a much better irovement.

I'll finish is when I have the time.

I dunno, I could change acid spray for rapid spin, but my a full conversion leaves my team with a lot less firepower.

Just a nit pick, use dragon pulse over earth power on Hydreigon to hit other dragons. Surf + Earthpower coverage is kind of redundant, besides jirachi and empoleon i guess. Just something i'd try out. it's also a good neutral stab for things like breloom which can switch into dark pulse and ohko you with mach punch.

Just a nit pick, use dragon pulse over earth power on Hydreigon to hit other dragons. Surf + Earthpower coverage is kind of redundant, besides jirachi and empoleon i guess. Just something i'd try out. it's also a good neutral stab for things like breloom which can switch into dark pulse and ohko you with mach punch.
Then I have no way to possible take out a Toxicroak. Tentacruel outspeeds Breloom and OHKOs it anyway, but I see what you mean with opposing dragons.

Here's how my team plays.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-38515829

Well, I guess there goes my bump.

Can anyone provide with help that doesn't kinda send my team backwards?

Many of your moves are unorthodox and don't work well at all. You can call me out for trying to take away your "originality", but standard sets are standard because they work best.

1. If you really want a Heal Beller, use Blissey or something. Blissey is much better at taking special attacks than Lanturn, and outclasses it for the most part. Besides, your team doesn't seem to need heal bell that much.

2. I would replace Surf with Substitute and Dark Pulse with Dragon Pulse. Dragon's coverage is much better than Dark's, and Substitute's scouting is way better than surf. Also, Leftovers > Chople Berry. Last, why do you have that IV spread? It doesn't make sense.

3. There's no point to running 252 Attack EV's on Skarmory when it's a physical wall. Transfer them to HP.

4. If Politoed is your Rain Inducer, you need to keep it alive as long as possible. Therefore, don't run LO, run Choice Specs. Replace Rest with HP Grass too, there's no point of having it if you don't have sleep talk or chesto Berry.

5. Don't run Quick Claw. Just don't. You can't rely on a 20% to come through for you when it's important. I would run LO with Sheer Force instead, to boost your elemental punches. It outclasses Iron Fist. If you see status coming, switch into Blissey.

6. Why are you running an offensive set on Tentacruel? Keldeo outclasses it in this job in every way.

Many of your moves are unorthodox and don't work well at all. You can call me out for trying to take away your "originality", but standard sets are standard because they work best.

1. If you really want a Heal Beller, use Blissey or something. Blissey is much better at taking special attacks than Lanturn, and outclasses it for the most part. Besides, your team doesn't seem to need heal bell that much.

2. I would replace Surf with Substitute and Dark Pulse with Dragon Pulse. Dragon's coverage is much better than Dark's, and Substitute's scouting is way better than surf. Also, Leftovers > Chople Berry. Last, why do you have that IV spread? It doesn't make sense.

3. There's no point to running 252 Attack EV's on Skarmory when it's a physical wall. Transfer them to HP.

4. If Politoed is your Rain Inducer, you need to keep it alive as long as possible. Therefore, don't run LO, run Choice Specs. Replace Rest with HP Grass too, there's no point of having it if you don't have sleep talk or chesto Berry.

5. Don't run Quick Claw. Just don't. You can't rely on a 20% to come through for you when it's important. I would run LO with Sheer Force instead, to boost your elemental punches. It outclasses Iron Fist. If you see status coming, switch into Blissey.

6. Why are you running an offensive set on Tentacruel? Keldeo outclasses it in this job in every way.
@SOL1D I've thought long and hard about rapid spin, I just don't know yet...
Toxicroak is often switched out when Skarmory shows up.

1. Lanturn obviously switches into electric attacks, enough said their.
2. The IV spread, I really had no idea what I was doing, but Hydregion only exists on this team to counter Toxicroak and Reuniculus
3. It guarantees a kill for Brave Birds damage and my team doesn't run good with stalling.
4. Choice Specs way too limiting for such a small attack boost, and I often deal with Pokemon switching out, so that's just giving them a free turn. You're right about rest, I don't think I ever use it.
5. I usually never rely on it to come through, but it helps Conkeldur save hp if it can get a hit in first. Sheer Force doesn't boost Mach Punch, and that's saved me more than anything else. I can consider running LO, that sounds like a plan....
6. Outclasses it in every way? Not even close.

Scotti

we back.
Yea i think you should run life orb if you're going to abuse sheer force conkelldur or just use Life Orb with Iron Fist just plz don't use Quick Claw. Its great when it works, but that huge chance that it doesn't work really makes you think that you need another item. Plz use rapid spin on Tentacruel that is one of the reasons it is Ou (I said one of the reasons). I think you could benefit from using Toxic Spikes instead of Slude Bomb on Tentacruel. Though i suggest changing your ev spread to this if you do these changes it. 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe also change the nature to Bold. Lol you get it Bold nature I put it in Bold lol anyway.

It would help your team by weakening you opponent pokemon with toxic making it easier to defeat bulkier pokemon or revenge kill them with mach punch from Conkelldur.

@SOL1D I've thought long and hard about rapid spin, I just don't know yet...
Toxicroak is often switched out when Skarmory shows up.

1. Lanturn obviously switches into electric attacks, enough said their.
2. The IV spread, I really had no idea what I was doing, but Hydregion only exists on this team to counter Toxicroak and Reuniculus
3. It guarantees a kill for Brave Birds damage and my team doesn't run good with stalling.
4. Choice Specs way too limiting for such a small attack boost, and I often deal with Pokemon switching out, so that's just giving them a free turn. You're right about rest, I don't think I ever use it.
5. I usually never rely on it to come through, but it helps Conkeldur save hp if it can get a hit in first. Sheer Force doesn't boost Mach Punch, and that's saved me more than anything else. I can consider running LO, that sounds like a plan....
6. Outclasses it in every way? Not even close.

Haha.

1. Blissey also switches into most electric attacks with impunity. Thundurus-T easily deals with your lanturn by 2HKOing with Focus Blast, while Lanturns Ice Beam doesn't OHKO it. Blissey can take its attacks much better, along with other common electric types like Rotom-W or Jolteon.

2. If you really need to deal with those 2, I reccomend running Sub+CM Jirachi over Hydreigon, which counters both beautifully and works best on a rain team. Drain Punch does little to Jirachi while it can retaliate with Psyshock, while Reuniclus's moves do laughable damage, especially with Calm Minds up. You can also sweep other team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock

3. :| Skarmory is not going to hurt anything with 80 Base Attack. You're best off just putting those ev's in HP, because Skarmory only attacks when it needs to, but most of the time it's gonna be setting up whatever.

4. LO recoil matters A LOT. 10% of your HP + hits from other Pokemon wears down your weather inducer quickly. The Choice Specs damage boost may not seem like a lot, but it matters in the long run. Also, Politoed doesn't mind switching out much because it doesn't have a Stealth Rock weakness, and plus, it'll have to switch out a lot anyways to win the weather war. Here's some calcs:
252+ SpA Life Orb Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence in rain: 219-258 (66.16 - 77.94%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence in rain: 252-297 (76.13 - 89.72%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

As you can see, Choice Specs turned Hydro Pump from a 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rocks to the guaranteed OHKO. Things like these matter in the long run.

5. IF Conkeldurr can get Quick Claw to activate. A 20% chance doesn't sound reliable to me. Give it Life Orb. Also, Sheer Force is largely superior to Iron Fist because it gives a 30% chance to the elemental punches WHILE canceling out the recoil. The Life Orb damage is usually enough for Conkeldurr anyways, and Drain Punch can gain back any health from Life Orb. Put Sheer Force on.

6. You don't state any arguement for this. Keldeo has much better offensive stats: 129 Special Attack and 108 Speed. Though its movepool might be lacking a bit, with the respective hidden power, it can damage a lot of shit. Hydro Pump 2HKO's everything though anyways. If you want to run Tentacruel, run a defensive set with Rain Dish (since it is a rain team).

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Protect / Substitute

6. You don't state any arguement for this. Keldeo has much better offensive stats: 129 Special Attack and 108 Speed. Though its movepool might be lacking a bit, with the respective hidden power, it can damage a lot of shit. Hydro Pump 2HKO's everything though anyways. If you want to run Tentacruel, run a defensive set with Rain Dish (since it is a rain team).
Actually,Keldeo does not completely outclass Tentacruel,because it does not get rapid spin XD.However,Ill tell you what does: offensive Starmie.It has much better coverage,higher speed and access to reliable recovery.If you want to run an offensive spinner,go with starmie because it has similar typing with tenta and it can beat most spinblockers EASY (such as gengar).

Actually,Keldeo does not completely outclass Tentacruel,because it does not get rapid spin XD.However,Ill tell you what does: offensive Starmie.It has much better coverage,higher speed and access to reliable recovery.If you want to run an offensive spinner,go with starmie because it has similar typing with tenta and it can beat most spinblockers EASY (such as gengar).

You're stupid, Rapid Spin doesn't make an offensive threat what it is. Tentacruel has WAY better durability than Starmie, and has high speed anyways. Usually wins against Jellicent because of Toxic. Coverage doesn't really matter when you're defensive, and Rain Dish + Black Sludge + Protect can gain 25% of health easy without doing anything. Similar typing my ass, Poison offers way better resistances than Psychic, like Grass (matters A LOT for Ferrothorn) and Bug (Volcorona).

I'd recommend you switch Conkeldurr for Scarf Terrakion and Hydreigon for Specs Latios.
Why? Firstly, any base 100+ speed mon is outrunning the whole team and can 6-0 the team(such as Latios) etc. With Scarf Terrakion, the only mon that is outspeeding are Scarfed Latios(who can be easily dealt with after one Draco Meteor) and as such Scarf Terrakion makes your team far less vulnerable to fast sweepers like Keldeo.

Secondly, Hydreigon should be switched for Specs Latios. Why? Because specs Latios counters both Reuniclus and Toxicroak and unlike Hydreigon isn't weak to Toxicroak's STAB moves. Specs Latios also hits like a truck and can revenge kill all non-scarfed Dragons in OU.

I fully agree with the defensive spread given above for Tentacruel, it best suits your needs.
Best of luck!
Vyomov

You're stupid, Rapid Spin doesn't make an offensive threat what it is. Tentacruel has WAY better durability than Starmie, and has high speed anyways. Usually wins against Jellicent because of Toxic. Coverage doesn't really matter when you're defensive, and Rain Dish + Black Sludge + Protect can gain 25% of health easy without doing anything. Similar typing my ass, Poison offers way better resistances than Psychic, like Grass (matters A LOT for Ferrothorn) and Bug (Volcorona).

I didn't say that Starmie is a better spinner than Tentacruel,I said it is a better OFFENSIVE SPINNER than tentacruel.Tentacruel is obviously a better defensive spinner.And I wasn't insulting you for suggesting a defensive tentacruel over the current one,I just said it is not completely outclassed by Keldeo.

I'd recommend you switch Conkeldurr for Scarf Terrakion and Hydreigon for Specs Latios.
Why? Firstly, any base 100+ speed mon is outrunning the whole team and can 6-0 the team(such as Latios) etc. With Scarf Terrakion, the only mon that is outspeeding are Scarfed Latios(who can be easily dealt with after one Draco Meteor) and as such Scarf Terrakion makes your team far less vulnerable to fast sweepers like Keldeo.

Secondly, Hydreigon should be switched for Specs Latios. Why? Because specs Latios counters both Reuniclus and Toxicroak and unlike Hydreigon isn't weak to Toxicroak's STAB moves. Specs Latios also hits like a truck and can revenge kill all non-scarfed Dragons in OU.

I fully agree with the defensive spread given above for Tentacruel, it best suits your needs.
Best of luck!
Vyomov

Specs Latios does NOT counter Toxicroak nor Reuniclus. Toxicroak can Sucker Punch its face out, or Ice Punch if it's behind a substitute. Reuniclus can predict the Latios switch and use Shadow Ball, and if Trick Room is up, Latios loses. Sub + CM Jirachi (as I said before) does the job way nicer.

Props for the originality of this team,but just because something is original doesn't mean it is good.

First of all,Lanturn is extremely out of place. Blissey or Chansey does it's job 3 times better,taking little damage from electric attacks and being to actually retaliate with seismic toss.Also,combined with Skarmory,form the infamous Blisskarm combo,though not what it used to be,is still effective.It also helps out with reuniclus.

Replace Hydreigon with Latios/Latias with any set that seems the most fitting for your team,as Hydreigon lacks the bulk,speed and typing that the Latis share which makes them almost outclass Hydreigon in every way.They even have Psyshock to beat Blissey.Did you say Hydreigon "counters" Reuniclus and Toxicroak?Both have fighting type moves which can annihalate Hydriegon,chople berry or not.Specs Latios OHKOs toxicroak and does like 85% to CM reuniclus.Though reuniclus can still deal with Latios,my other suggestions will help you out with Reun.

Move all the EVs from Attack and Sp defense into Defense and HP.I really don't get why you choose to invest in your defenses rather than HP as HP increases overall defense.Anyways,to perform the Blisskarm combo,Skarmory must be Physically Defensive,and not the wierd set that you are currently running.Run the standard set to allow you to simply whirlwind Toxicroak away.

Why the heck are you running life orb on Politoed?It has little speed,and when it wants to go the offensive route,it usually needs to take a hit before dishing out powerful hits.With Life Orb,your weather starter gets easily worn down so that other weathers can come in to wreck you.If you want to make it offensive,use choice specs and if you don't,run the standard smogon-recommended defensive set.Once again your EVs in bulk make no sense.Please just run the standard if you want to win.

Quick Claw is a terrible item and don't ever use it.It is wayyyy too luck based,so,why don't you just run sheer force life orb?It cancels out recoil,and you actually have much more power than you have now.Finally an EV spread that makes sense.But,I recommend that you replace conkeldurr with something else.Why did you put Conkeldurr in your team in the first place?Did you just slap it on or did you put some thought into it?I do see that only your Hydreigon and Conkeldurr can deal with Ferrothorn,but that does not justify the fact that there are better pokemon to use.Use a SubCM rachi.It benefits from rain,sets up on ferrothorn,and helps out extremely with reuniclus.

Finally,run the defensive tentacruel over your current one.I really don't understand your EV spread at all,and why you are not running rapid spin.If you want an offensive spinner,run starmie,otherwise,run the standard tenta.

You might think that I just copied and elaborated from the suggestions above,and call me whatever you like,i am just telling you to use these suggestions because they are effective.

Props for the originality of this team,but just because something is original doesn't mean it is good.

First of all,Lanturn is extremely out of place. Blissey or Chansey does it's job 3 times better,taking little damage from electric attacks and being to actually retaliate with seismic toss.Also,combined with Skarmory,form the infamous Blisskarm combo,though not what it used to be,is still effective.It also helps out with reuniclus.

Replace Hydreigon with Latios/Latias with any set that seems the most fitting for your team,as Hydreigon lacks the bulk,speed and typing that the Latis share which makes them almost outclass Hydreigon in every way.They even have Psyshock to beat Blissey.Did you say Hydreigon "counters" Reuniclus and Toxicroak?Both have fighting type moves which can annihalate Hydriegon,chople berry or not.Specs Latios OHKOs toxicroak and does like 85% to CM reuniclus.Though reuniclus can still deal with Latios,my other suggestions will help you out with Reun.

Move all the EVs from Attack and Sp defense into Defense and HP.I really don't get why you choose to invest in your defenses rather than HP as HP increases overall defense.Anyways,to perform the Blisskarm combo,Skarmory must be Physically Defensive,and not the wierd set that you are currently running.Run the standard set to allow you to simply whirlwind Toxicroak away.

Why the heck are you running life orb on Politoed?It has little speed,and when it wants to go the offensive route,it usually needs to take a hit before dishing out powerful hits.With Life Orb,your weather starter gets easily worn down so that other weathers can come in to wreck you.If you want to make it offensive,use choice specs and if you don't,run the standard smogon-recommended defensive set.Once again your EVs in bulk make no sense.Please just run the standard if you want to win.

Quick Claw is a terrible item and don't ever use it.It is wayyyy too luck based,so,why don't you just run sheer force life orb?It cancels out recoil,and you actually have much more power than you have now.Finally an EV spread that makes sense.But,I recommend that you replace conkeldurr with something else.Why did you put Conkeldurr in your team in the first place?Did you just slap it on or did you put some thought into it?I do see that only your Hydreigon and Conkeldurr can deal with Ferrothorn,but that does not justify the fact that there are better pokemon to use.Use a SubCM rachi.It benefits from rain,sets up on ferrothorn,and helps out extremely with reuniclus.

Finally,run the defensive tentacruel over your current one.I really don't understand your EV spread at all,and why you are not running rapid spin.If you want an offensive spinner,run starmie,otherwise,run the standard tenta.

You might think that I just copied and elaborated from the suggestions above,and call me whatever you like,i am just telling you to use these suggestions because they are effective.

Did you just... copy all of my suggestions? Nearly exactly the way that I said them? You could've just said, "Stone Alchemist's suggestions are right because..."

I repeat LATIOS DOES NOT COUNTER REUNICLUS OR TOXICROAK AT ALL. Toxicroak Sucker Punches the fuck out of it, and with Trick Room up, Reuniclus can OHKO it with Shadow Ball, while Draco Meteor doesn't even OHKO.

And replace Hydreigon with Sub + CM Jirachi for the reasons I stated above. I reccomend changing Conkeldurr with Choice Scarf Terrakion, seeing as your current team lacks a scarfer. You might complain that Mach Punch does the work for you, but what will you do when your opponent resists/is immune to it? Plus it's only 40 Base Power.

Alright. Did nobody notice my IVs were messed up?
I'll be adding in these suggestions for now.

Hydreigon @ Chople Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Roost *
- Dragon Pulse*

Skarmory @ Leftovers *
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 128 Hp/ 124 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
Modest Nature
- Psychic *
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist *
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Lanturn has worked great for me, so I don't see a reason to get rid of yet. I see the benefits of Blissey, and maybe I'll try out soon, but not yet.

Tentacruel is on the line.
It's probably been very effective in what I made it do, but I could have loved the removal of hazards. Hear me out about Tentacruel being hybrid-offense before I switch it.

Did you just... copy all of my suggestions? Nearly exactly the way that I said them? You could've just said, "Stone Alchemist's suggestions are right because..."

I repeat LATIOS DOES NOT COUNTER REUNICLUS OR TOXICROAK AT ALL. Toxicroak Sucker Punches the fuck out of it, and with Trick Room up, Reuniclus can OHKO it with Shadow Ball, while Draco Meteor doesn't even OHKO.

And replace Hydreigon with Sub + CM Jirachi for the reasons I stated above. I reccomend changing Conkeldurr with Choice Scarf Terrakion, seeing as your current team lacks a scarfer. You might complain that Mach Punch does the work for you, but what will you do when your opponent resists/is immune to it? Plus it's only 40 Base Power.
Jirachi also seems to be another problem for my team, but it more just causes a stall.

Quick test, they aren't the best player, but still.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40116827

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)