Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhmmm looking at game-freak having revamped some old moves.
Drain Punch + Gaga Drain bp up.
Same for some other moves like Petal Dance.
I really hope they do the same for Shadow Punch.

Ps: the sword mon can have some new sword like attacking moves. (i gues they can work for Bisharp too since it is the sword blade pokemon.)

The sword itself makes for a prime candidate for some sort of Ghost variant of Horn Leech. A powerful physical STAB attack that saps the opponent's life in the process.
Nah, if it gets a signature move it's likely gonna be a Night Slash clone (though if it gets lucky then it will be with Leaf Blade's BP)

I think that it would be pretty fun to be able to travel to another region or even get an another region's starter pokemon just like in HG/SS.Then playing pokemon x and y would be even more fun.
If that were to happen I would almost guarantee you that it would be the Hoenn starters, seeing as how the fandom seems to be really obsessed with an R/S remake. I personally would want them to be the Sinnoh starters but R/S/E are pretty hard to find these days and plus those starters are the only starters not found on any of the DS games pre-migration.

To
To all the people who want Honedge to evolve into a haunted suit of armor (I wanna name a Honedge Honey incidentally, even if it's male) I have a question to ask you

How could you forget this guy?

As for me, I want to know if Flabebe's flower will actually have different colours (shinies don't count) or will be stuck with Spinda as the only pokemon with several unique appearances again

Also raise your hand if you think the leaked pokemon malimar is real
Golurk is a golem that happens to look like armor. An actual haunted suit of armor based on French medieval armor would still work.

If that were to happen I would almost guarantee you that it would be the Hoenn starters, seeing as how the fandom seems to be really obsessed with an R/S remake. I personally would want them to be the Sinnoh starters but R/S/E are pretty hard to find these days and plus those starters are the only starters not found on any of the DS games pre-migration.
You can get the Hoenn starters in HG/SS.

Edit: Also, sorry. For some reason I thought the posts would combine automatically. I must be thinking of a different forum software.

You can get the Hoenn starters in HG/SS.
You're right, and as a matter of fact you can actually get Torchic+Treecko/Mudkip in HG/SS because you can find Torchic via Pokewalker. Maybe we can eventually have the option to get a starter from all of the gens in X and Y without transferring, since that would most CERTAINLY get a ton of people hyped up. Who knows?

This just appeared in my head and I thought it was kinda funny so I went and made the WORST PAINT JOB EVER.

eh it gets the point across i guess

Gardevoir is listed as Psychic/Fairy on the official Pokemon X and Y site. Marill is listed as Water/Fairy and Jiglypuff as Normal/Fairy.

Um, Fairy is immune to Dragon, not weak to it.

I was implying the Poison part would kill fairies, not the dragon.

I think Poison/Fighting would be a great typing.There is 4x psychic weakness but with the speculation that Fairy is SE against fighting, having a poison stab attack to deal with Fairy weakness would be pretty good.Maybe Toxicroak would be used by more people even without dry skin outside of rain teams.

I wouldn't mind another Poison/Fighting either lulz. Toxicroak is my favorite gen4 monster.

Hoping for a good physical Ghost STAB for sure and also Honedge doesnt seem to be compatible with the existing physical Steel moves, I mean: Iron Head? Steel Wing? Metal Claw? Bullet Punch? Meteor Mash? Iron Tail? Gear Grind?

All of them seem pretty weird to be used by a Sword. They can (and probably will) fit in Iron Head somehow but apart from that nothing really works on a sword, so we can assume a new physical steel move will be introduced.

I think the Pokemon in the 6th gen are shaping up to be the nicest looking Pokemon yet. I haven't had any complaint with what Gamefreak has been doing over the years. I think Honedge looks amazing, yet another awesome Ghost variant I'll have to try out.

Nah, if it gets a signature move it's likely gonna be a Night Slash clone (though if it gets lucky then it will be with Leaf Blade's BP)
I would love to see something like this happen. It could very well happen seeing as Honedge may have lower defenses than other steel types, therefore, he could use it as a recovery technique instead of pain split.

So does anyone think that altaria looks like a fairy/dragon? Also Honedge seems pretty cool but it is its typing which is really getting me excited to try it out.

So does anyone think that altaria looks like a fairy/dragon? Also Honedge seems pretty cool but it is its typing which is really getting me excited to try it out.
Isn't Altaria's gimmick supposed to be that her wings are like clouds? It wouldn't make sense for Altaria to be part fairy since clouds are obviously associated with flying types.

Isn't Altaria's gimmick supposed to be that her wings are like clouds? It wouldn't make sense for Altaria to be part fairy since clouds are obviously associated with flying types.
I don't think Altaria can be a fairy. It's already a flying/dragon. The fairy type was added to pokemon with only one type, like Marill. In that case, you don't think they would touch a Blissey with fairy, do you?

I don't think Altaria can be a fairy. It's already a flying/dragon. The fairy type was added to pokemon with only one type, like Marill. In that case, you don't think they would touch a Blissey with fairy, do you?
They'd change flying.

I do believe they will touch blissey.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
They'd change flying.

I do believe they will touch blissey.

As I've said before, it is highly unlikely that the development team will retcon present typings of already existing Pokemon, since it's been established in almost every Pokemon medium that all Pokemon are of specific typings. Altaria exists as Gym Leader Winona's signature Pokemon, and has been established multiple times as a Flying-type in the games (especially the PWT in BW2) and anime (Fortree city battle). The same pretty much applied to the addition of Steel-types in Generation II, where there were no pure Steel-types introduced from Kanto, and Magnemite's family was given an additional Steel-typing.

Mhmmm looking at game-freak having revamped some old moves.
Drain Punch + Gaga Drain bp up.
Same for some other moves like Petal Dance.
I really hope they do the same for Shadow Punch.

Ps: the sword mon can have some new sword like attacking moves. (i gues they can work for Bisharp too since it is the sword blade pokemon.)
No. Technician Pokemon enjoy those moves right where they're at. Let Energy Ball/Dozens of Fighting moves keep the medium-powered slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)