Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing Flabebe, they could make Bellossom a fairy/grass since it's only grass and it could be considered a wood nymph.
lolwut. Bellossom is a hula dancer. But you're right, its inspiration still has a mysticism to it which could be associated with the fae (and really, being a Grass/Fairy might help it along with giving Gloom the same evolutionary typing variety that male Kirlias are going to get)

Fake or Legit?

It is STILL hard to tell if it is that...
I saw someone making that observation the other day, and I've concluded...the statue has a knight HOLDING a/an Honedge!(not real information, just my interpretation)

lolwut. Bellossom is a hula dancer. But you're right, its inspiration still has a mysticism to it which could be associated with the fae (and really, being a Grass/Fairy might help it along with giving Gloom the same evolutionary typing variety that male Kirlias are going to get)

I saw someone making that observation the other day, and I've concluded...the statue has a knight HOLDING a Honedge!(not real information, just my interpretation)
I'm glad you can see that because all I see is a very pixelated knight

I'm glad you can see that because all I see is a very pixelated knight
I'm kind of hoping we'll be able to interact with the statue and other objects in the game that are detail-intensive to get a higher quality render, preferebly with a snazzy camera shot of the object. What I want is something similar to that camera angle that you get of Santalune City when you sit in one of the benches. If Game Freak's really obsessed with beauty this time around, I hope that they're already a step ahead of my wishes.
Also I really wanna see what is in that entire statue :3
I'm dying of wasted curiosity MAKE IT HAPPEN

As I've said before, it is highly unlikely that the development team will retcon present typings of already existing Pokemon, since it's been established in almost every Pokemon medium that all Pokemon are of specific typings. Altaria exists as Gym Leader Winona's signature Pokemon, and has been established multiple times as a Flying-type in the games (especially the PWT in BW2) and anime (Fortree city battle). The same pretty much applied to the addition of Steel-types in Generation II, where there were no pure Steel-types introduced from Kanto, and Magnemite's family was given an additional Steel-typing.
i was just trying to provide a semi-realistic reason for how it could be retyped.

i was just trying to provide a semi-realistic reason for how it could be retyped.
You'd have to expand on how "They'd change flying" would really work before it becomes a realistic argument. The point of his statement is that Altaria is highly unlikely to lose it's Flying half because of its marketing history(it's been used in different spots of the media for it being a Flying type more often than being a Dragon type, much like how Pidgeotto is marketed as a Flying type before it's marketed as a Normal type). To chime in here, I can see it becoming a Fairy/Flying maybe (because it would still try to own its former Dragon brethren by continuing to hit them with a super effective STAB), but not a Dargon/Fairy.

I don't think that Pokemon with secondary typings will be retconned simply because it has never happened before. New typings have been always "added" to Pokemon, such as Magnemite, and whenever gamefreak wanted to retcon a Pokemon with a secondary typing, they just gave it an evolution, such as Scizor and Steelix.

I don't think that Pokemon with secondary typings will be retconned simply because it has never happened before. New typings have been always "added" to Pokemon, such as Magnemite, and whenever gamefreak wanted to retcon a Pokemon with a secondary typing, they just gave it an evolution, such as Scizor and Steelix.
& I think the fact that Jigglypuff became PART fairy and not full fairy seems telling to them not wanting to replace types

You mean CoroCoro is due to leak this weekend. Maybe more Pokemon and characters. They might talk more about some new features. We never really know.
At this point more Pokemon and characters are a given, not a maybe

I'd hazard a guess that this month we will probably find out about the villainous team & our professor; I wouldn't be surprised to see more information on Newtwo. I'm guessing the special will give actual information on it so it might just be a rehash, though

If we somehow, between a special, the movie, and corocoro get NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER on newtwo I will just be baffled as to why they revealed the thing at all

CoroCoro due this week, are we expecting any significant news?
There was also the "Super Training" thing that was talked about in one of the strategy guides, Serebii mentioned it about a week ago. Along with that, there was also the rumored Aulotte Pokemon that apparently was shown in a trailer we haven't seen yet.

And like R_N said, Newtwo will probably get some info because of the special, which will probably give some information but leave it vague considering it's just the anime (so things like typing and stats will remain in the air).

Yeah i know that techni mons love 60 bp mons but not really manny techni mons learn shadow Punch (can't i like say none does?)

Yeah Smeargle does but no-one uses smeargle with it i think.

Idk but wanting Honedge to evolve into a suit of armor is like wanting Rotom-W to evolve into a laundryman...
I want my sword standalone and treated like Spiritomb, I can already imagine the player character pulling it from a stone as part of a stiry or side-quest and it goes like, "The Sword you pulled attacked! Honedge appeared!"

It has happened before, actually. The Rotom formes changed their secondary types between gen IV and V. So you might even say it has happened 5 times over already. Ergo, there definitely is a precedent for this sort of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the older mons had one of their types changed to Fairy.

I don't think we will have lots of new informations. This last month was a blessing, and October is not near ...
That doesn't matter. Once they start unveiling information in full swing, we always get a reasonable amount of information every month until release

It has happened before, actually. The Rotom formes changed their secondary types between gen IV and V. So you might even say it has happened 5 times over already. Ergo, there definitely is a precedent for this sort of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the older mons had one of their types changed to Fairy.

I would be, because the Rotom forms had their types changed to AVOID confusion with type matchups. Plus, they were changed to types we already have and recognize so this is irrelevant. Retconning secondary types to a NEW type would be ultimately confusing to the veteran players.

After seeing Flabebe, they could make Bellossom a fairy/grass since it's only grass and it could be considered a wood nymph.
If poison is super effective against fairy types, which in this case would actually give new light to poison types being super effective against something other than grass, Bellossom's screwed lol. I also wouldn't mind seeing another Eevee type along with Sylveon being either dragon or poison. Every game introducing Eevee evo's has at least one type super effect against the other, IF they are truly adding another Eevee evo of course.

If poison is super effective against fairy types, which in this case would actually give new light to poison types being super effective against something other than grass, Bellossom's screwed lol. I also wouldn't mind seeing another Eevee type along with Sylveon being either dragon or poison. Every game introducing Eevee evo's has at least one type super effect against the other, IF they are truly adding another Eevee evo of course.
I think (and I hope) that there will be another Eeveelution this gen. Gens. II and IV introduced two new Eeveelutions so I don't think they'll break the pattern. But it is possible.

If they do introduce a new Eeveelution, I think it'll be Dragon or Fighting. I feel like these two types have a relation with the Fairy type. Fairies are the new answer to Dragon types, and both types have that exotic or mythical feeling to them (at least to me). I also consider Fighting a possibility for a pretty stupid reason, but I guess it could be possible. Gardevoir is going to be part Fairy in Gen. 6, and Gallade is part Fighting so I feel like there's a relation between those two types. I know haha, kind of dumb but that's just what I think.

Has anyone noticed this kinda pattern w/ Nintendo? Generation 1,3, and 5 introduce new pokemon while 2,4, and 6 introduce newly evolved lines to old pokemon. Gen 3 did bring Azurill and Wynaut, but they're pre-evolved and they might've been meant for gen 2, but were late on the deadlines. Anyone agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)