Ou Non-Weather Team

Hello everyone im Xenoblade911 and this is the first RMT I do here on Smogon after it bein down for more than a week,So I built a team that i have been testin for about a week or so and its been doin qute well.So if you have suggestions just put em below.Heres the team I built!

Ly (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Perish Song

Now for the ones that dont get what Ly means,its a Rayman 2 reference its the fairy from that game which is sooooo fun to play.I run SpDef utility support set.Celebi's versatility is amazing it can run lots of stuff.But i have giga drain for STAB and hp recover,Recover to restore 50% hp stealth rock to free a moveslot on my other hazard setter and perish song to stop set up sweepers in their tracks.This thing is a great special wall and the reference which is from rayman 2 an awesome n64 game!

MLP (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Keldeo looks like My Little Pony.You guys think this dude is the cutest poke in OU,well this cute guy is a monster with scarf attached to it,it runs Hydro Pump to hit hard with 120 STAB move,Secret Sword for STAB and the ability to check Blissey/Chansey,Hidden Power Ghost to check Jellicent,Celebi,Lati@s,,etc and Icy Wind to slow down pokes and hit Chomper,Mence,D-Nite for decent damage.This thing is a monster if you let it live for long.

RightRound (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

My spiker,my toxic spiker and spinner,thats why i put rocks on celebi,to be able to run toxic spikes on forretress,This guy has always one of my favorite hazard setter and spinners of the OU Metagame and it has volt switch to switch out of shitty situations

Heat And Run (Heatran) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon

Heatran is special sweeper #2 on the team,youre probably expecting 252 HP/252SAtk/4Def,well no i tend to fool people by tellin em this is scarf tran just because it runs timid,but it has base 77 speed which is meh speed.Fire Blast for Massive STAB this KO'S 9Tales after stealth rocks,earth power to hit opposing heatran,T-Tar, or anything weak to ground for massive damage,HP Ice to check D-Nite,Mence etc.And Flash Cannon for another form of STAB to hit even harder.

Eragon (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Dnite has been one of my favorite late game sweepers in OU,Im still considerin sashmoxiemence but that decision is up to you guys..The set is DD to outspeed and kill stuff EQ to hit magnezone hard and espeed to revenge kill weakened foes and I decided lum is a good idea to remove status that can stop sweeps so that way i guarantee em.Do you guys want me to keep dnite or switch him with mence its up to you guys

Stardust (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Jirachi is considered one of the most annoying pokemon in OU just cuz of Iron Head+Body Slam+Serene Grace givving these moves a 60% chance to flich and paralyze foes respectively which is annoying in the long run,I run scarf rachi because i run at least 1 or 2 scarfers in a team which is always neat,I know 4 legendaries seems excessive I dont think legendaries change the meta in anyway.I run fire punch for scizor,ferro and 20% chance to burn the opposing guy and U-Turn to get switch initiative.

So thats the team I built for you guys,if you have suggestions,tips to make the team better let me know I always aprreciate it.Do you think Sashmence is a better option over dnite?Let me know

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there.

Your choices in Pokemon are pretty good -- they work nicely together and complement each other's roles. I would consider using different sets on these Pokemon, but ultimately I don't think that you need a change in teammates as the ones you have now work synergy-wise.

First off, Keldeo running HP Ghost isn't a very good idea. If you want to hit Jellicent, run HP Electric. It does the same damage, and it also hits Gyarados, who Keldeo would be weak to otherwise. Furthermore, you could even try running Expert Belt Keldeo, whose type coverage with four attacks leaves little to be desired as it hits many of its common switch ins for extra power such as Celebi, Latias, Latios, Jellicent, and Tentacruel just to name a few. While EB Keldeo is a little more common now, it's also a good way to fake a Scarf and keep your opponent guessing as to which item you are holding. You can afford not to run Scarf because you have enough speed thanks to Scarf Jirachi.

Jirachi should consider running Ice Punch over Fire Punch, because DDNite and SD Chomp are way more threatening to your team than SD Scizor or Ferrothorn, especially when you have something like Heatran. Speaking of Heatran, Specs is a really nice set, but you could probably opt to slap rocks on instead of Flash Cannon, which isn't really necessary because you have pokemon that deal with things like Latias/Latios switch ins and Tyranitar as well. Running Life Orb probably would be a good compromise between power and support, as you really don't lose much coverage taking Flash Cannon out of the equation.

With Rocks on Heatran, you can now afford to use Psychic on Celebi, which is great because I was iffy about your team's ability to handle certain pokemon like Breloom and Conkledurr, both of which can set up on some of your Pokemon (namely Forretress) and wreck some havoc with Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Bullet Seed, etc.

Dragon Claw works on Dragonite, but I prefer to use Outrage whenever I'm using Lum Dragonite, because its sheer sweeping potential is so much higher than that of Dragon Claw. I can understand situations where you are in on a WoW user and want to Dragon Dance and Claw them to death while avoiding the burn, but the extra power of Outrage is too good to pass up. It's an optional change, but take it for what you will.

In short, my changes were to change Keldeo to Expert Belt with HP Elec over Ghost, LO Tran with SR over Flash Cannon, Psychic over SR on Celebi, and Ice Punch over Fire Punch onf Jirachi.

Have fun with the team. Hope I helped. =)

Hi there.

Your choices in Pokemon are pretty good -- they work nicely together and complement each other's roles. I would consider using different sets on these Pokemon, but ultimately I don't think that you need a change in teammates as the ones you have now work synergy-wise.

First off, Keldeo running HP Ghost isn't a very good idea. If you want to hit Jellicent, run HP Electric. It does the same damage, and it also hits Gyarados, who Keldeo would be weak to otherwise. Furthermore, you could even try running Expert Belt Keldeo, whose type coverage with four attacks leaves little to be desired as it hits many of its common switch ins for extra power such as Celebi, Latias, Latios, Jellicent, and Tentacruel just to name a few. While EB Keldeo is a little more common now, it's also a good way to fake a Scarf and keep your opponent guessing as to which item you are holding. You can afford not to run Scarf because you have enough speed thanks to Scarf Jirachi.

Jirachi should consider running Ice Punch over Fire Punch, because DDNite and SD Chomp are way more threatening to your team than SD Scizor or Ferrothorn, especially when you have something like Heatran. Speaking of Heatran, Specs is a really nice set, but you could probably opt to slap rocks on instead of Flash Cannon, which isn't really necessary because you have pokemon that deal with things like Latias/Latios switch ins and Tyranitar as well. Running Life Orb probably would be a good compromise between power and support, as you really don't lose much coverage taking Flash Cannon out of the equation.

With Rocks on Heatran, you can now afford to use Psychic on Celebi, which is great because I was iffy about your team's ability to handle certain pokemon like Breloom and Conkledurr, both of which can set up on some of your Pokemon (namely Forretress) and wreck some havoc with Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Bullet Seed, etc.

Dragon Claw works on Dragonite, but I prefer to use Outrage whenever I'm using Lum Dragonite, because its sheer sweeping potential is so much higher than that of Dragon Claw. I can understand situations where you are in on a WoW user and want to Dragon Dance and Claw them to death while avoiding the burn, but the extra power of Outrage is too good to pass up. It's an optional change, but take it for what you will.

In short, my changes were to change Keldeo to Expert Belt with HP Elec over Ghost, LO Tran with SR over Flash Cannon, Psychic over SR on Celebi, and Ice Punch over Fire Punch onf Jirachi.

Have fun with the team. Hope I helped. =)

Thanks for the suggestions I loved the changes E Belt Keldeo worked very well against Jellicent,Dnite with Outrage Straight up wrecked havoc,Celebi can finally check Breloom and Conkeldurr,and Jirachi has the ability to check dragon types.
Thanks for the suggestions bro I loved em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)