Making a Comeback after 5 Years off. Standard OU Team

Welcome, to my 1st RMT in a long ass time. I, Started playing this game in Gen 4 then when Gen 5 came out everything went downhill to many new pokemon to learn and so little time cuz of work. Now, that i have some free time on my hand I just said i miss pokemon and I wanted to get back into the game but still the new pokemon were gonna kill me straight off the bat cuz IDK which pokemon did what what the new item were or andy of that jazz. Eventually, i got the hang of it and well made a team and gonna stick w/ it till Death does it part lol. Well onto the Team
Team Overview

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 60 Spd / 252 HP / 196 Def
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
This, set came to me off of the Smog issue # 25 getting a strong start: lead in BW2 OU. Garchomp, is so Uncommon as a Lead it can sweep any team not prepared for it even W/out the LO Recoile. The reason i used Rocky Helmet>Life Orb is because generally Garchomp will get U-Turned on and well what better way to get damage on someone U-Turning out and Garchomp didnt really need LO it was really just Wear and Tear. Also, i saw someone else use it and i would have to say it was pretty Boss.

Latias @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock
- Roost
Suggested by Jukain. Latias is a versatile Pokemon on this team because it can inflict massive damage on the opposition and supply many needed resistances. It has wonderful synergy with Jirachi because they cover each other's weaknesses. She covers Electric attacks very well with easy recovery. Latias always causes a lot of switches and her mere presence attracts Pursuiters to come in.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
EVS Suggested by Jukain and McBarrett. Jellicent takes physical hits. Its the prototypical bulky water of 5th gen and has great type synergy with the other half of my defensive core, Heatran. Its defensive stats aren't actually that great so it has trouble with some of the really hard hitters in the tier, most notably Breloom, whose name you will see alot in this RMT because he takes a giant dump on my team and I need help playing against him.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch
Jirachi, There not really much to say about this set pretty standard ScarfRachi. Ice Punch. to Revenge Kill Dragon locked into Outrage, and and landorus that is weakened. U-Turn for Scouting, Iron head for Stab, and Thunder Punch to revenge Gyrados.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Starmie, is my Rapid spinner and a Damn good one at that. Decided to go Leftie>LO for the same Reason as Chomp to much wear and tear cuz Switching in and out plus LO Recoil hurt like hell. So, BoltBeam for Coverage, Surf for Stab and Rapid Spin to get rid of SR So that pokemon dont lose health Going in and out.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
Suggeted by Plus. First off, Quiver Dance is the crux of the set and actually makes players forfeit when it gets a few boosts. Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz give great coverage, and anything that does not resist it will take a hefty amount of damage. Giga drain for those Bulky Waters

*Change is BOLD*

Former Members

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 192 SAtk / 252 Spd / 64 Atk
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
Salamence, was prolly the Last member of the team because i was going through diffrent Poke at the time. But, Its stellar offensive stats along with good speed just scream sweeper. This thing can rip holes in teams with no set-up at all. Draco Meteor is powerful STAB that wrecks anything that doesn't resist it. Earthquake allows it to hit Jirachi, Heatran, and Metagross among steels that resist. And Fire Blast utterly destroys Ferrothorn and Skarmory when they think they can wall me. Outrage is used as a last resort. when I'm gonna die to LO recoil soon anyway. The EV spread is standard, emphasizing Sp. Atk while still retaining a good amount of Attack, and the speed EVs

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flame Charge
It's such an underrated yet amazing threat. Nobody ever expects it. Think you can take it out with Alakazam? Infernape? Gengar? Think again. After a single Flame Charge he outspeeds everything up to Jolteon. After that, he's free to blow stuff away with Fire Blast. Things like opposing Heatran and Terrakion die to Earth Power. Hidden Power (Grass) is to **** Bulky Water over, and Flame Charge is the crux of the set.

Replays
Weakness

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, welcome back to competitive Pokemon!

It's good that you pointed out your weaknesses, because I do agree with them. Rain teams are very hard for you to defeat, especially pokemon like Rotom-W whose combination of Thunder and Hydro Pump will deal massive damage to your team. Sub DD Gyara, like you mentioned, is very hard to defeat as well because of the many opportunities it gets to set up and deal damage on your team, with nothing really willing to dish back damage without dying in the process. As for Breloom, I can see that you are rather weak to the Technician set in particular as Scarf Jirachi has difficulties surviving boosted Mach Punches, while nothing really likes switching into a Bullet Seed, even Heatran (because of the inevitable Mach Punch that follows). I feel that mixing up your core of Pokemon a bit will help you more against these threats while still sticking to the overall idea.

First off, Mixmence isn't as big of a threat as it once was from 4th generation -- there are many more responses (I still wouldn't call them counters) to Mixmence nowadays, such as Landorus-I, Thundurus-I, Icy Wind Keldeo, the Latis, Terrakion, and some old threats like Scizor, ES Dragonite, and Ice Shard Mamo to name a few. A good way to deal with rain is to use things that work well in rain as well; Ferrothorn in particular is an excellent addition to your team because it has amazing synergy with Heatran and Jellicent, while providing you a backbone against Bulky waters (including Gyarados) as well as Spikes support, which your team would really benefit off of. I'd replace this over Salamence to work in some diversity into your team. Salamence is still a great pokemon to use because of it's sheer strength and power, but I don't think your team needs to work it in, and should focus more on team balance instead.

Secondly, your Breloom issues could be helped if you ran a Volcarona instead of Heatran. Volcarona deals with many of the same threats that Heatran does, and does even more with it. Quiver Dance is way better than Flame Charge in terms of a set up move, and you could even opt to use Giga Drain to screw with Bulky Waters if you wanted. Volcarona in particular works very well with your team because your Starmie has Rapid Spin, which clears the rocks for Volcarona to thrive and set up. Hell, if you were so annoyed at Rain teams, you could even consider running Hurricane Volcarona without the Rain as a way to deal with those types of teams.

Lastly, this is just my preference -- but on offensive teams I like using LO Starmie with Recover and Psyshock. Surf/Psyshock/Rapid Spin/Recover has okay coverage, and doesn't hit many things for SE as it used to, but Psyshock hits Jellicent pretty hard with a Life Orb, and you have Scarf Jirachi to deal with Dragons thanks to Ice Punch. This is just an optional suggestion however, as I feel that it takes the best of both worlds and compromises it without losing too much in return.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Relaxed 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Power Whip/Spikes/Gyro Ball/Leech Seed

Volcarona@Lum Berry
Timid 252 satk/252 spe/4 HP
Fire Blast/Giga Drain/Bug Buzz/Quiver Dance

Honestly, with Volcarona, you can toy around with different sets to see what works best with your team. Bulky Quiver Dance is another alternative you could try, although I like using the Offensive Quiver Dance because of its coverage and quick power.

Again, welcome back to competitive mons; good luck with your team =)

Hi there, welcome back to competitive Pokemon!

It's good that you pointed out your weaknesses, because I do agree with them. Rain teams are very hard for you to defeat, especially pokemon like Rotom-W whose combination of Thunder and Hydro Pump will deal massive damage to your team. Sub DD Gyara, like you mentioned, is very hard to defeat as well because of the many opportunities it gets to set up and deal damage on your team, with nothing really willing to dish back damage without dying in the process. As for Breloom, I can see that you are rather weak to the Technician set in particular as Scarf Jirachi has difficulties surviving boosted Mach Punches, while nothing really likes switching into a Bullet Seed, even Heatran (because of the inevitable Mach Punch that follows). I feel that mixing up your core of Pokemon a bit will help you more against these threats while still sticking to the overall idea.

First off, Mixmence isn't as big of a threat as it once was from 4th generation -- there are many more responses (I still wouldn't call them counters) to Mixmence nowadays, such as Landorus-I, Thundurus-I, Icy Wind Keldeo, the Latis, Terrakion, and some old threats like Scizor, ES Dragonite, and Ice Shard Mamo to name a few. A good way to deal with rain is to use things that work well in rain as well; Ferrothorn in particular is an excellent addition to your team because it has amazing synergy with Heatran and Jellicent, while providing you a backbone against Bulky waters (including Gyarados) as well as Spikes support, which your team would really benefit off of. I'd replace this over Salamence to work in some diversity into your team. Salamence is still a great pokemon to use because of it's sheer strength and power, but I don't think your team needs to work it in, and should focus more on team balance instead.

Secondly, your Breloom issues could be helped if you ran a Volcarona instead of Heatran. Volcarona deals with many of the same threats that Heatran does, and does even more with it. Quiver Dance is way better than Flame Charge in terms of a set up move, and you could even opt to use Giga Drain to screw with Bulky Waters if you wanted. Volcarona in particular works very well with your team because your Starmie has Rapid Spin, which clears the rocks for Volcarona to thrive and set up. Hell, if you were so annoyed at Rain teams, you could even consider running Hurricane Volcarona without the Rain as a way to deal with those types of teams.

Lastly, this is just my preference -- but on offensive teams I like using LO Starmie with Recover and Psyshock. Surf/Psyshock/Rapid Spin/Recover has okay coverage, and doesn't hit many things for SE as it used to, but Psyshock hits Jellicent pretty hard with a Life Orb, and you have Scarf Jirachi to deal with Dragons thanks to Ice Punch. This is just an optional suggestion however, as I feel that it takes the best of both worlds and compromises it without losing too much in return.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Relaxed 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Power Whip/Spikes/Gyro Ball/Leech Seed

Volcarona@Lum Berry
Timid 252 satk/252 spe/4 HP
Fire Blast/Giga Drain/Bug Buzz/Quiver Dance

Honestly, with Volcarona, you can toy around with different sets to see what works best with your team. Bulky Quiver Dance is another alternative you could try, although I like using the Offensive Quiver Dance because of its coverage and quick power.

Again, welcome back to competitive mons; good luck with your team =)
Defiantly, will try out all the changes and see how it fares. I'm liking the Changes but now the only problem I see is that no one Resist Ground moves so EQ Hit everything for a good amount of damage

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Dave, welcome back to Pokemon! This team looks pretty solid but I have some changes in mind that will hopefully make it better.

First of all, you mentioned your weakness to rain teams which is pretty apparent. While the Ferrothorn set that Plus suggested does do well against rain teams, this gives you another fighting type weakness and starts to make you pretty vulnerable to things like Scarf Terrakion and especially Breloom which are both very common sweepers in OU at the moment. So what I would recommend instead would be a to switch your Salamence to a Specially Defensive Celebi.
You can use the following set:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm 252 hp/ 236 sp def/ 20 speed
Giga Drain/Psychic
Recover
Baton Pass
Thunder Wave

Not only does Celebi do extremely well against Rain Teams but it is a great answer to Breloom, resisting both STAB's and not being effected by Spore due to its Natural Cure ability. Also, Celebi pairs extremely well with Heatran and Jellicent. I have used this defensive core myself before and they cover each other's weaknesses very well. Baton Pass may seem strange here but it allows you to switch out against Scizor or Tyranitar and not be Pursuit trapped.

Now for Jellicent I am going to recommend that you change your EV Spread/ Move Set. For your EV's you should run 84 speed and 176 def. This speed tier is very important because it gives you the edge on neutral base 70's such as Politoed and Skarmory, allowing you to taunt them before they either Toxic or set up Hazards on you. Now for your Move Set you should not run Scald and Will-o-Wisp together since it is somewhat redundant and Jellicent has other options. You should either run Scald and Toxic or Shadow Ball and Will-o-Wisp. Scald and Toxic is very effective for spreading status while Shadow Ball and Will-o-Wisp allows you to hit opposing Jellicent and Xatu while giving you a more reliable burn option against things like Tyranitar and Scizor.

Lastly, since you have gotten rid of your SR weakness and you have an even better chance to Taunt the opponent, I would say you do not necessarily need a Rapid Spinner anymore. Therefore I would recommend that you replace your Starmie with Hydreigon. Hydreigon is similar to the Salamence you had before since it is a very good Mixed Attacker. It can definitely help to take out Steel Types, even in the rain with the combination of Fire Blast and Superpower.
You can use this set:
Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Rash 252 Sp att/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Superpower
Roost/ Earthquake

Hopefully my suggestions help! Good luck with the team and let me know how it works!

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@the above: I wouldn't even bother with Celebi in this metagame full of HP Bug Keldeo and U-turn Landorus. I'd instead opt for a Life Orb Latias. Latias still covers rain teams and even Breloom but lacks the crippling 4x Bug weakness of Celebi. Additionally, it isn't giving up your momentum every time you send it out on the field. It also gives you an out against Chlorophyll sweepers besides Volcarona, which you'll want to conserve for sweeping. Furthermore, your team has an unfortunate weakness to OTR Reuniclus, which you'll want to avoid. I'm thinking of a little bulk and max Speed with the rest in Special Attack for an EV spread: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd with a Timid nature. That's the standard spread, and for good reason. It enables Latias to hit a Life Orb number and still hit hard with the Speed it needs to succeed. I'm going to recommend you run 72 HP Hidden Power Fire over the standard Surf to ensure you retain coverage on Ferrothorn.

Latias @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock
- Roost

Next, get rid of Dragon Claw on Garchomp! You'll find yourself most often spamming Earthquake, and against foes where it doesn't do the trick, you'll either be switching out or wanting to opt for a more powerful move. While it has a lock-in, Outrage does the job of a Dragon-type STAB quite a bit better. Dragon Claw isn't KOing much of anything -- heck if Kyurem-B has any decent amount of HP investment it's going to survive it.

Optional changes for Garchomp: You can try an alternative set with Focus Sash > Rocky Helmet and Swords Dance > Fire Blast. This set enables it to get up Stealth Rock right away no matter what, but leaves it walled by Skarmory and Steel-types in general. On the flip side, you will sometimes get an early-game sweep that surprises the opponent and put massive holes in his or her team assuming he or she lacks a Skarmory. It's really your preference and I don't strictly think you need to change your Garchomp, but it's definitely worth trying out.

I'm going to counter the above and say keep your Jellicent's moveset the same. Scald + Will-O-Wisp is a great combination, as you can always catch a Pokemon with a burn when you need it while still having the ability to deal damage. The last thing you want is to accidentally Toxic the wrong Pokemon and then lose the game when a burn would have saved you it. Getting rid of Scald is a massive mistake imo, as you need it against Fire-types and it helps spread burn. I will say that running the EV spread mentioned above (248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spd) is massively beneficial to Jellicent due to the extra Speed preventing it often from being Toxic'd by bulky Politoed. You're not losing too much in the way of bulk in exchange for something very helpful. Additionally, this ensures you outrun almost all Scizor, which is necessary so you can burn it before getting hit with Pursuit or what have you.

Your Volcarona needs a few minor adjustments. First off, just in case Stealth Rock is on the field, move the 4 HP EVs to Defense. This gives it an odd HP value and thus gives it two Stealth Rock switch-ins as opposed to just one. This also means you get four switch-ins to three layers of Spikes and so forth. Additionally, since you're no longer running any Hidden Power, you should have any decreased IVs, so get rid of the 30 Atk and SAtk IVs and set them back up to 31[/b]. Remember, every stat point counts for damage.

tl;dr
  • Life Orb Latias > Salamence; don't run Celebi
  • Outrage > Dragon Claw on Garchomp; possibly test out an alternative set with Focus Sash > Rocky Helmet and Swords Dance > Fire Blast
  • keep your Jellicent's moveset the same; run 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spd for the EV spread as mentioned above
  • 4 Def > 4 HP and 31 Atk / 31 SAtk IVs on Volcarona

Good luck!

@the above: I wouldn't even bother with Celebi in this metagame full of HP Bug Keldeo and U-turn Landorus. I'd instead opt for a Life Orb Latias. Latias still covers rain teams and even Breloom but lacks the crippling 4x Bug weakness of Celebi. Additionally, it isn't giving up your momentum every time you send it out on the field. It also gives you an out against Chlorophyll sweepers besides Volcarona, which you'll want to conserve for sweeping. Furthermore, your team has an unfortunate weakness to OTR Reuniclus, which you'll want to avoid. I'm thinking of a little bulk and max Speed with the rest in Special Attack for an EV spread: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd with a Timid nature. That's the standard spread, and for good reason. It enables Latias to hit a Life Orb number and still hit hard with the Speed it needs to succeed. I'm going to recommend you run 72 HP Hidden Power Fire over the standard Surf to ensure you retain coverage on Ferrothorn.

Latias @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock
- Roost

Next, get rid of Dragon Claw on Garchomp! You'll find yourself most often spamming Earthquake, and against foes where it doesn't do the trick, you'll either be switching out or wanting to opt for a more powerful move. While it has a lock-in, Outrage does the job of a Dragon-type STAB quite a bit better. Dragon Claw isn't KOing much of anything -- heck if Kyurem-B has any decent amount of HP investment it's going to survive it.

Optional changes for Garchomp: You can try an alternative set with Focus Sash > Rocky Helmet and Swords Dance > Fire Blast. This set enables it to get up Stealth Rock right away no matter what, but leaves it walled by Skarmory and Steel-types in general. On the flip side, you will sometimes get an early-game sweep that surprises the opponent and put massive holes in his or her team assuming he or she lacks a Skarmory. It's really your preference and I don't strictly think you need to change your Garchomp, but it's definitely worth trying out.

I'm going to counter the above and say keep your Jellicent's moveset the same. Scald + Will-O-Wisp is a great combination, as you can always catch a Pokemon with a burn when you need it while still having the ability to deal damage. The last thing you want is to accidentally Toxic the wrong Pokemon and then lose the game when a burn would have saved you it. Getting rid of Scald is a massive mistake imo, as you need it against Fire-types and it helps spread burn. I will say that running the EV spread mentioned above (248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spd) is massively beneficial to Jellicent due to the extra Speed preventing it often from being Toxic'd by bulky Politoed. You're not losing too much in the way of bulk in exchange for something very helpful. Additionally, this ensures you outrun almost all Scizor, which is necessary so you can burn it before getting hit with Pursuit or what have you.

Your Volcarona needs a few minor adjustments. First off, just in case Stealth Rock is on the field, move the 4 HP EVs to Defense. This gives it an odd HP value and thus gives it two Stealth Rock switch-ins as opposed to just one. This also means you get four switch-ins to three layers of Spikes and so forth. Additionally, since you're no longer running any Hidden Power, you should have any decreased IVs, so get rid of the 30 Atk and SAtk IVs and set them back up to 31[/b]. Remember, every stat point counts for damage.

tl;dr
  • Life Orb Latias > Salamence; don't run Celebi
  • Outrage > Dragon Claw on Garchomp; possibly test out an alternative set with Focus Sash > Rocky Helmet and Swords Dance > Fire Blast
  • keep your Jellicent's moveset the same; run 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spd for the EV spread as mentioned above
  • 4 Def > 4 HP and 31 Atk / 31 SAtk IVs on Volcarona

Good luck!
Unfortunately, Salamence is no longer on the Team just haven't updated it cuz was going back and forth between Celebi or Ferrathon. I, was thinkin on the Latias set wouldn't it be more benifical to run Latios W/ That set because it has more SPA than Latias? I, did use Sword Dance at 1st but just felt like since he is my SR No need to run SD w/ him it KO Alot of poke W/out SD. Also, was thinking about takin Jellicent off the team for Gasterdon, Because, if i do add and of the Latis then Starmie, Jellicent and the Latis are all weak to Shadow Ball and since Jirachi is the only Resist and can only switch in so much to take Shadowballs then just have to let someone fall

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately, Salamence is no longer on the Team just haven't updated it cuz was going back and forth between Celebi or Ferrathon. I, was thinkin on the Latias set wouldn't it be more benifical to run Latios W/ That set because it has more SPA than Latias? I, did use Sword Dance at 1st but just felt like since he is my SR No need to run SD w/ him it KO Alot of poke W/out SD. Also, was thinking about takin Jellicent off the team for Gasterdon, Because, if i do add and of the Latis then Starmie, Jellicent and the Latis are all weak to Shadow Ball and since Jirachi is the only Resist and can only switch in so much to take Shadowballs then just have to let someone fall
Nope, Latias has way more bulk. Latios can't check any of the stuff Latias is meant to check. Don't run Celebi. Don't run Celebi. It's not a reliable Keldeo or Landorus counter in this metagame due to the things I mentioned in my post. Ferrothorn flat-out loses to both. Shadow Ball is not too much of a problem, lol. Heck Latias can take a Shadow Ball and OHKO Gengar with Psyshock. Jirachi can take two and Iron Head / U-turn out. Gastrodon is an abysmal Pokemon for this team. It doesn't check any of what you need it to check. You have enough checks not to be Gengar weak, and Latias can take unSTABed Shadow Balls from stuff like Reuniclus.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Nope, Latias has way more bulk. Latios can't check any of the stuff Latias is meant to check. Don't run Celebi. Don't run Celebi. It's not a reliable Keldeo or Landorus counter in this metagame due to the things I mentioned in my post. Ferrothorn flat-out loses to both. Shadow Ball is not too much of a problem, lol. Heck Latias can take a Shadow Ball and OHKO Gengar with Psyshock. Jirachi can take two and Iron Head / U-turn out. Gastrodon is an abysmal Pokemon for this team. It doesn't check any of what you need it to check. You have enough checks not to be Gengar weak, and Latias can take unSTABed Shadow Balls from stuff like Reuniclus.
Although it is being run more often, HP Bug is still pretty uncommon on the ladder plus when both are at full health Celebi still comes out on top against Scarf Keldeo if it is running Giga Drain. Also, Celebi was never really that great of a Landorus-I counter, and I never said it was, but Landorus-I is on its way out anyways and he has other ways of keeping it in check with his current changes. However, I wholeheartedly agree that Jellicent needs to stay over Gastrodon. Shadow ball is not a common enough to be worried about and Gengar is not too big of a problem for this team.

EDIT: Also, between Celebi and Jellicent, Keldeo is not going to touch his team no matter what set it is running so HP Bug Keldeo is a trivial concern.

Although it is being run more often, HP Bug is still pretty uncommon on the ladder plus when both are at full health Celebi still comes out on top against Scarf Keldeo if it is running Giga Drain. Also, Celebi was never really that great of a Landorus-I counter, and I never said it was, but Landorus-I is on its way out anyways and he has other ways of keeping it in check with his current changes. However, I wholeheartedly agree that Jellicent needs to stay over Gastrodon. Shadow ball is not a common enough to be worried about and Gengar is not too big of a problem for this team.

EDIT: Also, between Celebi and Jellicent, Keldeo is not going to touch his team no matter what set it is running so HP Bug Keldeo is a trivial concern.

After testing out all 3 Celebi, Latias, and Ferrathorn I decided to go W/ Latias cuz much more synergy with the team as it Resist Ground thanks to levitate and can Absorb Electric atk aimed at Starmie and/or Jellicent and Hit Harder W/ Draco Meteor, Psyshock Cover Breloom and Tentacreul so Well and Hidden Power Fire defeats scizor, While Celebi and Ferrathorn cound come it and set up spikes and thunder wave in there own respective way still Left a big way for Breloom to come on in and set-up as Bullet seed hurts celebi even if it resist and mach punch messes up ferrathorn.

i got anailated with a haxorus that dragon danced with its speed at 1.5 and just outraged my whole team even took a scarfed ice punch from jirachi? im makn a bulky latias and volc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)