No Haxmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Approved by Arcticblast

No Haxmons

Ever play OU, and get annoyed by constant hax and luck based situations ? Hydro Pump missing, Iron Head flinching you, Scald burning you, Ice Beam freezing you, etc.. not a single Rock move being accurate etc...

Well here in No Haxmons, it's exactly what it says on the tin - No Hax. So, even moves like Hypnosis, which previously had terrible accuracy, will always hit. Now, I know what you're thinking. What about Dynamicpunch ? Wouldn't it be OP? That's where the second rule of the meta comes in - no secondary effects. This ensures that you'll never get statused by hax, ever. You could argue that this takes out some mons' viability like Machamp and Golurk but they also have good alternative abilities to use as well.

Serene Grace becomes a useless ability here, while Hustle gives a free boost with no drawbacks. Pokemon like Heracross gain a significant boost, with a never misssing Megahorn + Stone Edge for good coverage. Likewise Mienshao has Hi Jump Kick and Stone Edge. Specs Toed and Keldeo can use Hydro Pump and forget about Surf. Gengar is now one of the fastest sleep inducers with Hypnosis, Whimsicott and Sableye are now guaranteed to inflict status, Tornadus, Dragonite, and Volcarona can use Hurricane even on a Sun team...

There's a lot more to it and if you wanna play it's currently hosted on Tervari: Click here to Play.

There's some discussion going on about moves with guaranteed effects but as if right now they don't work, so don't worry about Dynamicpunch and Zap Cannon.

I'll post more info about it and add a threatlist as soon as this meta becomes more common. And a banner too, I guess.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some people forget to run speed on it, go Prankster Taunt Tornadus!

Yea, some things that are here
1. No Misses (OHKO is still banned)
2. No Secondary Effects (We are going to think about Serene Grace and 100%)
3. No Crits
What we are trying to put extra
1. Always same Sleep Turns
2. No Full Paralysis
3. No Second Turn Protect

What are you going to do with Critical Hits? Will you unable them? And confusion or full para? Aren't they hax too?
And what about whirlpool, Magma Storm and all those moves with their effects happening 100% of the time?

EDIT: Great, ninja'ed.

SpartanMalice

Yeah, Whimsicott was one of my earliest threats. Meganium has access to this too and Dual Screens. If only it's DW ability was released, it would be a nice dual screener in the Sun.

@Sewa, yeah no crits. Hence no hax. Status can only be inflicted by status moves. There's one for all of that. Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic...

The hax applies to moves haxing you. Hence, Scald is no longer going to burn you, but WoW will.

Also, what about move like Flame Charge? These trade off power for speed, so why should they be banned?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hmm, good comment on the trapping moves, we must decide how much turns they will become and then we will try to program that

Flame Charge isn't banned, also we probably will let 100% moves keep there effect

Should moves like Jirachi Body Slam always inflict para?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
What are you going to do with Critical Hits? Will you unable them? And confusion or full para? Aren't they hax too?
I'm coding this metagame, and I am currently working on Confusion and Full para. What will happen, assuming I am successful, is that confusion will automatically end, and Full paralysis will never happen. The speed drop will happen though. Freeze will also instantly thaw, just in case a 100% freeze move is present.
And what about whirlpool, Magma Storm and all those moves with their effects happening 100% of the time?
Trapping moves will always last 4 turns (5 with Grip Claw) when my coding is finished.

EDIT:
Body Slam's likeliness for Para is 30%. 30% * 2 = 60%. Therefore, Body Slam will not inflict para ever.

hmm, good comment on the trapping moves, we must decide how much turns they will become and then we will try to program that

Flame Charge isn't banned, also we probably will let 100% moves keep there effect

No, because it isn't a 100% chance to do so. And i think Flame Charge should either lose its speed raise, since iirc zap cannon and inferno have a 100% chance to inflict their respective status, and rules must be consistent. This should be a fun meta to play in :) i had an idea, it it slipped my mind. Hopefully i'll remember it when i get home.

Pikachuun

And i think Flame Charge should either lose its speed raise, since iirc zap cannon and inferno have a 100% chance to inflict their respective status, and rules must be consistent.
Flame Charge has a 100% chance to increase Speed as a secondary effect (why it isn't boosted by Sheer Force is still a mystery), so it probably will keep it, assuming Zap Cannon and Inferno will inflict status guaranteed. Consistency ftw.

SpartanMalice

Likewise, Dynamicpunch will inflict confusion as it used to, but since it's effect wears off as Pika stated, you're better off abusing it on mons such as Conkeldurr who get it boosted by Sheer Force. Jirachi has Thunder Wave, so it doesn't need Body Slam either.

SpartanMalice

Head Smash doesn't get the boost from Sheer Force, and I don't think it works that way, but I'll get back to you about this. I'll ask Pika.

Pikachuun

Is recoil counted as a secondary effect and thus negated?
Does this mean... recoil-less Sheer Force Rampardos HEAD SMASH???
Recoil is not a secondary effect, so no (Flare Blitz's 10% chance to burn however is, and is negated).

canno

formerly The Reptile
(why it isn't boosted by Sheer Force is still a mystery)

It's not boosted because it's a primary effect, not a secondary effect. Primary effects include recoil, stat increases, high crit ratios, self-stat drops, ect. I think the best way to go with this is that Primary Effects have a 100% success rate, while Secondary Effects have a 0% success rate. So Double-Edge still educes recoil, Draco Meteor still drops your stats, Flame Charge still increases your speed, and Charge Beam still increases your Special Attack. Meanwhile, Inferno no longer burns, Iron Head no longer flinches, and Body Slam no longer paralyses. Thoughts?

Pikachuun

I think the best way to go with this is that Primary Effects have a 100% success rate, while Secondary Effects have a 0% success rate.
What's strange though is that in the data files for Pokémon Showdown, it's listed as a secondary effect! Weird. Well this reason checks out though, so thanks for telling me!

SpartanMalice

I don't have a problem with Inferno since most mons with access to it get access to a 100% accurate WoW...
It's pika's call though, what do you think ?

Pikachuun

Inferno has a 100% chance to burn, so if it hits, it will burn the foe. Iron Head has a 30% chance to flinch (similar to Body Slam and para), so it has a chance to flinch (para). Because Inferno will burn if it hits, Inferno's effects will not be erased, but the other two will, because they have a chance to have their effects.

This has been a nice metagame so far, though watch out for not only GrassWhistle Whimsicott, most Chlorophyll users have access to sleeping moves too (Venusaur with Sleep Powder for example)

Things like BoltBeam has now been replaced with Thunder and Blizzard. Running Thunder and Hurricane in Sun has been fun so far.

Dragon Claw is now completely outclassed by Dragon Rush on most Dragon Types
Also, can we now unban Skymin? No more flinching so it should be fair game!

Snaquaza

KACAW
hmm, good idea with Skymin I'll do it atm, anyone, don't forget to come play it ^-^

Edit: Done

Edit: If anyone would be willing to give more opinions on Skymin as it has Grasswhistle + Strong attacks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)