NU Challenge: Conquest (Winner: FLCL)

thanks to Zeb for the approval, Treecko for the awesome banner, and both for being sexy.

What has the world come to? There is only one of each strong Pokemon left!

Background:

This challenge is survival war in which everyone is aiming to “collect every good NU Pokemon left.” There is only one of each Pokemon from the NU Viability Ranking’s D-S tier left. To start, these Pokemon will be divided up randomly and distributed to the registered battlers. You can gain control of others’ Pokemon by defeating them in Standard NU battles.

Challenges:

I am going to start off this challenge trusting the NU tier’s maturity and competitiveness by allowing players to challenge others at any time they want (The goal is to snatch them all). This means that all active participants should hang out as much as they can on #neverused or post what times each day they are available in the comments below. You cannot refuse a challenge unless you have a good reason. Three days without activity results in banishment. If any trouble occurs from John’ing or reluctance in general, please contact me or Shuckleking; we won’t hesitate to remove you, and your Pokemon will go to the tattler J. If anything gets too out of hand, I can randomize matchups and this gets a lot more boring.

When making a challenge, both players are allowed a few minutes to teambuild around the other’s Pokemon. For example, if someone has all Bug-types for some reason, and the challenger has a Charizard, they will need to be pretty creative to beat them (ex: focus sash HP Rock Leavanny). All players and their current Pokemon will be displayed on a chart below (will be made after registration) that will be updated as frequently as I can.

Before each match starts, both players will declare what TWO Pokemon of the other’s that they desire (this number might be raised as opponents fall). These are what you are fighting over. After a match, I expect both players to comment on this forum stating who won and what two Pokemon were transferred. I also encourage you to post replays for our entertainment.

There is an unlimited supply of E-Ranked Pokemon to your disposal. When you are all out of S-D Ranked Pokemon you are out of the challenge.

New Rule!

If victor of a battle wants an immediate rematch (to pick on easy prey), the loser is entitled to reject the challenge for 24 hours for recuperation/preparation before they have to accept the next challenge.

LAST MAN STANDING WINS!

Register (34/34) Closed Substitutes Available
1. Skylight
2. atomicllamas
3. Nozzle
4. Ashley11
5. tennisace
6. Magical Magmortar
7. FLCL
8. spuds4ever
9. FireMage
10. CBTerrackion
11. Kierany9
12. Infernis
13. Neeko
14. Fuzznip
15. Axaj
16. bobbyvaporeon
17. Annoyer
18. Raseri
19. Plus
20. Celever
21. Tachycardia
22. The Unlucky one
23. Sidfrid
24. Tagliatelle21
25. Level 51
26. scorpdestroyer
27. Audiosurfer
28. Treecko
29. Cicada
30. DTC
31. Zebraiken
32. sly101s
33. Agent Dell
34. JirachiCelebiMew

Just in case any of you cannot figue the chart out, your Pokemon are the ones to the right of your username. Since I am technologically challenged, this is a pain in the butt to edit. Bear with me, and will update it as much as I can. For the sake of space, Wynaut and Wailord are E-Rank and available to all teams. Remember to post replays! Let the games begin!

AND PLEASE THOROUGHLY READ THE OP SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING :) THANKS

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi i'm in!! i havent really read this but i totally intend to later and um, i can battle @ like, 6pm onwards - 12pm most days so those are the hours i elect to battle ppl and i haven't made teams yet and i intend to later, and yeah. does this post make sense???

in :)
hope i can finish this since holiday and stuff
also i like how your not immediatly thrown out if you lose the first time

In, because why the hell not?
I'm usually on at random times of the day but I'll always be online between 8 and 11 PM GMT+1
Also, the OP might want to add all the Pokemon that are allowed because there are a lot of E ranked mons and I don't think anybody wants to search through a huge list of S-D ranked Pokemon just to see what is viable

All E-Ranked Pokemon(I think), tell me if I missed any.
Ariados, Banette, Beautifly, Beedrill, Bibarel, Bellossom, Carnivine, Chatot, Cherrim, Chimecho, Corsola, Delcatty, Delibird, Dewgong, Dunsparce, Dustox, Emolga, Farfetch'd, Fearow, Furret, Girafarig, Glailie, Granbull, Kecleon, Kricketune, Leavanny, Ledian, Lopunny, Lumineon, Lunatone, Machoke, Magcargo, Maractus, Mightyena, Minun, Mothim, Noctowl, Pachirisu, Persian, Parasect, Phione, Pikachu, Plusle, Purugly, Raticate, Regigigas, Seadra, Seaking, Shedinja, Shuckle, Slaking, Sudowoodo, Spinda, Sunflora, Swalot, Togetic, Unfezant, Unown, Vanniluxe, Vespiquen, Walrein, Watchog, Whirlipede, Whiscash, Wigglytuff, Wormadam, Wormadam-Trash, Wormadam-Sand.
Also, finally an excuse for me to use Emolga. It's adorable :D

Also, a few questions. How many viable Pokemon do we start off with? Will we know what viable Pokemon people have? And do we have to claim which Pokemon we want to take or can the loser choose what to give? Also, won't it be unfair if somebody gets S-A ranked mons and challenges somebody with C-D mons? Also, will we be allowed to use some LC pokemon?
I'm really excited for this as well.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Also, a few questions. How many viable Pokemon do we start off with? Will we know what viable Pokemon people have? And do we have to claim which Pokemon we want to take or can the loser choose what to give? Also, won't it be unfair if somebody gets S-A ranked mons and challenges somebody with C-D mons? Also, will we be allowed to use some LC pokemon?
I'm really excited for this as well.
Everybody is going to start with four pokemon, as we are banning/making available 3 pokes to accomplish this. At the moment, we are banning Riolu because, screw Riolu, and making Wynaut and Wailord available for everybody, essentially making those two pokes "E" rank for the tournament. Mandibuzz is going to be added (probably as an A or B area). The pokes people are receiveing are as diverse as we can make it, so the 6 six people that are receiving S pokes are guarenteed to also get a D rank poke to compensate (as well as 2 other pokes from A-C tiers). People that do not not receive S ranked pokes, and even A ranked pokes as they are limited, are going to receive more middle ground pokes (B and C, as they than lower end ranked pokes.

I will make sure that everyone is balanced to start, and LC+NFE pokemon are allowed as long as they aren't RU+ idk if any are. And you don't have to use all the S-D pokemon if you don't want to. Say the opponent has a jynx. Feel free to substitute one of your main guys for a bronzor just for that situational countering. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)