rain stall team (using the art of stall)

this team came to mind excadrill a poke that is usally known one time i was playing a match and i saw an excadrill and it was a support when i saw the vast amount of support moves it learns and it can wall most scarfers locked into a dragon move. this team came up to mind and i have tweeked it many times and i think it is pretty good.
Kyorge this is a specs variant it can 2 hit ko a chansey with water spout at full hp. surf is my main stab move. thunder is a good filler move on water types. i use ice beam to take car of dragons that are slower than kyorge
Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam
excadrill is my stealth rocker which supports my team greatly. rapid spin helps my team greatly not having to worry about entry hazards. it also serves as a great forretress counter being immune to volt switch. toxic is for many switches that i force especially with foretress on sun teams. Earthquake is my main stab move. mold breaker is obvious ablity to serve as a great latias counter in sand or sun.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

ferrathorn is my physical wall. i use leech seed for recovery. i use ferrathorn as my spiker. i use power whip as my only stab move. i use protect to leech sed stall a specs kyorgelocked into water spout. ferrathorn overall is my main physical wall.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Protect

Girtina was a poke that went well with excadrill since they share no weaknesses Girtina has monster base 120 defenses and 150 hp stat. i use wil-o-isp to burn my oppent and cut the pokes attack in half. i use roar on pokes that use girtina to set up and to predict switches and get more sr damage or spikes. i use rest to keep girtina nicve and heralthy and sleep talk to selct a move while asleep
Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sleep Talk

this my wish passer . Jirachi serves as a the best mewtwo counter in the game resiting or taking nuetral damage . i use body slam to try and get paralysis on any poke but ghost types. iron head is used to abuse para flinch protect is used to get a gurrenated with or to stall with leech seed.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Protect

palkia is my scafer is my usual genesect check since it has fire blast. special rend is used to wreck most dragon scarfers since most dragons in ubers have 90 to 95 speed. i use thunder as a filler move to handle water types.
Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Non-choiced Palkia is a huge threat in the rain.
since your giratina is specially defensive, Offensive groudon, and other strong physical attackers such as terrakion can tear through the team easily.
I would suggest to make Ferrothorn specially defensive, and Giratina physically defensive, so you can have a better matchup against Extremekiller/groudon.
You already have Palkia who can switch in a Specs Water Spout from Kyogre.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Blaziken is a huge threat to your team. Being able to setup sd on ferro and then crapping over everything since the only thing that can take a hit (gira) can't do much to it besides phaze it.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blaziken is a huge threat to your team. Being able to setup sd on ferro and then crapping over everything since the only thing that can take a hit (gira) can't do much to it besides phaze it.
Giratina walls it to hell and back though, especially in a rain team and the only time it can get a SD is as something switches out to Giratina (it isn't even safe to SD on anything other than Palkia locked into Fire Blast, Ferrothorn or Giratina, of which the last will just phaze it anyway). Between entry hazards, Flare Blitz recoil and Life Orb recoil Blaziken will just kill itself eventually and never manage to break through Giratina unless the user plays it poorly or Giratina has to handle a lot of the opponent's threats (which is unlikely, considering the other solid defensive Pokemon). And if Blaziken doesn't have Life Orb, it'll be more annoying to deal with, but have even worse chances of sweeping.

All in all, this seems like a cool team. I agree with the changes cfdu1202 proposed, and he's right in saying that non-choiced Palkia is a major threat. I also suggest Thunder Wave over Protect on Ferrothorn, as it can be set up on quite easily and it has no way to hinder something like Rayquaza at the moment. Even with Protect, a physically defensive Ferrothorn does not take Specs Water Spouts well at all, not to mention that it's a really unlikely scenario (people don't switch SpecsOgre in against Ferrothorn). Paralysis support is also great for your team, because it's very slow with the exception of Palkia.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Giratina walls it to hell and back though, especially in a rain team and the only time it can get a SD is as something switches out to Giratina (it isn't even safe to SD on anything other than Palkia locked into Fire Blast, Ferrothorn or Giratina, of which the last will just phaze it anyway). Between entry hazards, Flare Blitz recoil and Life Orb recoil Blaziken will just kill itself eventually and never manage to break through Giratina unless the user plays it poorly or Giratina has to handle a lot of the opponent's threats (which is unlikely, considering the other solid defensive Pokemon). And if Blaziken doesn't have Life Orb, it'll be more annoying to deal with, but have even worse chances of sweeping.

All in all, this seems like a cool team. I agree with the changes cfdu1202 proposed, and he's right in saying that non-choiced Palkia is a major threat. I also suggest Thunder Wave over Protect on Ferrothorn, as it can be set up on quite easily and it has no way to hinder something like Rayquaza at the moment. Even with Protect, a physically defensive Ferrothorn does not take Specs Water Spouts well at all, not to mention that it's a really unlikely scenario (people don't switch SpecsOgre in against Ferrothorn). Paralysis support is also great for your team, because it's very slow with the exception of Palkia.
Being absolutely unable to do anything (especially if its asleep already) isn't considered walling is it? Blaze could just sd twice to get to +4 atk while it's resting and then put a major dent in gira with shadow claw. Gira-a can't do crap in return.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Being absolutely unable to do anything (especially if its asleep already) isn't considered walling is it? Blaze could just sd twice to get to +4 atk while it's resting and then put a major dent in gira with shadow claw. Gira-a can't do crap in return.

What? No. Blaziken doesn't even run Shadow Claw, as it has pretty bad 4MSS. Blaziken must run Flare Blitz, Hi Jump Kick, and Swords Dance, so the only option is Shadow Claw > Protect, in which case Blaziken will be too slow to attempt a sweep, and will be KO'd by Excadrill, Kyogre, Palkia, and phazed by Giratina. Therefore, Shadow Claw isn't much of a threat, and it was only used 5.951% of the time in May (I don't think there are moveset analyses for June). Even at +6, Blaziken's Flare Blitz under rain can't 2HKO, while it will die due to recoil and Life Orb, and skilled players can always use Hi Jump Kick's nasty recoil side effect to their advantage.

Also, if it's asleep, Rest Talk can be used, so Giratina is indeed able to deal with Blaziken. However, you may wish to consider running Dragon Tail > Will-O-Wisp.

unfortunately this team is incredibly palkia weak, like all stall teams without an arceus-grass or chansey. good luck.

Non-choiced Palkia is a huge threat in the rain.
since your giratina is specially defensive, Offensive groudon, and other strong physical attackers such as terrakion can tear through the team easily.
I would suggest to make Ferrothorn specially defensive, and Giratina physically defensive, so you can have a better matchup against Extremekiller/groudon.
You already have Palkia who can switch in a Specs Water Spout from Kyogre.
i changed protect with t-wave and made ferro special defensive which i think was a good suggestion
i changed girtina to physically defensive it worked very well
i tired non choiced palkia i agree it is a threat but choiced can take out genesect which can get annoying. i am considering changing to a non choiced palkia since i have 2 pokes that can paralaze. i am good with all suggestions i am weighing out pros and cons of not having scarf i have considered changing palkia's item. i may change item to haban bery or lustrous orb

Wtf is this guy in love with Blaziken or something, I swear I have seen a similar post on someone else's team lol. Don't worry about it, Giratina walls with rain support, you should be fine. Non-choice Palkia wrecks you though, just like Donkey said, and the only solution is to fit in Chansey or Arceus-Grass.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)