Ability Exchange (AE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I just realized Luke has Bone Rush, it has poor accuracy but he could technically swap it with Cloyster who still has good defense. It's a quite gimmicky option though.

I think I might have to swap Technician onto Weavile from Breloom, who would swap Toxic Heal to something maybe and Pressure to something else... So many possible combinations! And IRC is always so dead when I wanna theorymon :(

EV

Banned deucer.
This was my first attempt at a team. Don't be too harsh:

Magnet Pull Hydreigon
Levitate Ninetales
Drought Victini
Victory Star Mienshao
Levitate Magnezone
Regenerator Flygon

I'll share my team too:

Drizzle Politoed
Technician Toxicroak
Defiant Scizor
Regenerator Tornadus-I
Flash Fire Amoonguss
Dry Skin Heatran

Hmmm... I'm thinking Moxie Terrakion. Coupled with Rock Polish... damn. Making me cringe just thinking about it. Anyone wanna try it out for me and see how effective it is?

Also wondering how effective Sheer Force Tyranitar, Guts Garchomp, Regenerator / Poison Heal Cresselia and Thick Fat Celebi might be.
- Tyranitar has a phenominal movepool and higher offenses than that of Nidoking, a well-known sheer force user in standard. Not to mention rock polish access to turn it into a fearsome sweeper once priority is out of the way.
- Garchomp with Guts could absorb status excellently, and coupled with Swords Dance could 2HKO even Skarmory with Outrage. Scary thought.
- Cresselia has the highest mixed defensive stats outside Ubers, with its only real issue (beside typing) being lack of reliable recover due to Moonlight being ruined by sand and rain; Regenerator would allow it to mitigate this flaw and retain its massive HP stat throughout the match simply by switching. Poison Heal on the oither hand allows it to actually gain HP from the move that was once the bane of its existance, Toxic. Its lasting power with either ability would be tremendous.
- Celebi's two most common and notable weaknesses are Fire and Ice. Thick Fat removes them both, boosting its bulk against a variety of threats that rely on these moves to take Celebi down (such as Infernape and Mamoswine).

Sturdy Gliscor
Toxic Heal Regigigas
Flash Fire Forretress
Slow Start Cresselia
Levitate Heatran
Drought Ninetales

That's my makeshift sun team. Might trade Drought to Tran, but Levitate is so good, making him only weak to Fighting types under Sun, although Drought Tran makes Politoed cry.

SpartanMalice

Yeah I got the inspiration for Magnet Pull from Eevee. This was my early team:

Solar Power Alakazam
Magic Guard Charizard
Levitate Ninetales
Levitate Magnezone
Drought Cresselia
Magnet Pull Hydreigon

More recent team has Download Alakazam instead and Porygon2 instead, with its ability and the rest of the teams changing. Celebi's two weaknesses may be common but she usually tanks them quite a bit in OU. I used Multiscale instead which is good with recover. Her real common weakness is U-Turn, its what forces her to switch out everytime.

Hmm, Cresselia could become either an insane threat or flat out broken in this metagame. I tested the Harvest / Lum Berry / Rest set as a CM abuser in sun, and at the moment I'm thinking that it's actually unstoppable without hax or Tyranitar, SD Scizor, or Volcarone. Has anyone else tried out this set, and what are your opinions on Cresselia? Do you think it is broken and unhealthy for this metagame?

Weather-boosted powerful attacks, like DD Gyarados' waterfall or victini's V-Create, would still be pretty damaging. But it would be a LOT harder to kill without strong weather-boosted or super-effective moves.

This is my Sun team:
Drought Darmanitan
Sheer Force Alakazam
Magic Guard Charizard
Solar Power Latios
Levitate Ninetales
Chlorophyll Venusaur

EV

Banned deucer.
Who wants Sand Stream? Aerodactyl? Rhydon/Rhyperior? Regirock? Shuckle?? Rampardos?

That lets you choose from Rock Head, Solid Rock, and Sturdy but also some more unconventional abilities like Gluttony and Clear Body.

T-tar would love Solid Rock. A bulky Dragon Dance set with that... umph! Or, as mentioned above, it could snag Sheer Force from something like Rampardos but Rampardos just kinda sucks and would probably like Sand Force over Sand Stream.

Solid Rock
Sand Stream
Sand Force
Sheer Force (technically it traded its own Sand Force for Rampardos' Sheer Force. Is that legal?)
Serene Grace
Levitate (They can they keep their original abilities, right?)

SpartanMalice

No problem with legality when swapping alternate abilities that they already have I'm sure. But Ramparados still has speed issues.

Who wants Sand Stream? Aerodactyl? Rhydon/Rhyperior? Regirock? Shuckle?? Rampardos?

That lets you choose from Rock Head, Solid Rock, and Sturdy but also some more unconventional abilities like Gluttony and Clear Body.

T-tar would love Solid Rock. A bulky Dragon Dance set with that... umph! Or, as mentioned above, it could snag Sheer Force from something like Rampardos but Rampardos just kinda sucks and would probably like Sand Force over Sand Stream.

Solid Rock
Sand Stream
Sand Force
Sheer Force (technically it traded its own Sand Force for Rampardos' Sheer Force. Is that legal?)
Serene Grace
Levitate (They can they keep their original abilities, right?)
Don't forget that you can juggle abilities around within your team. My example earlier was Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Cresselia, with Heatran getting Levitate, Ferro taking Flash Fire, and Cress getting Iron Barbs.

Technician Mamoswine, Thick Fat Dragonite, Multiscale Gyarados, Moxie Conkeldurr and Guts Breloom. I reckon these could cause serious damage on a hyper-offensive team, maybe with the sixth member being a supporter / dual screener like Espeon.

Technician Mamoswine, Thick Fat Dragonite, Multiscale Gyarados, Moxie Conkeldurr and Guts Terrakion. I reckon these could cause serious damage on a hyper-offensive team, maybe with the sixth member being a supporter / dual screener like Espeon.

Why not Moxie Terrakion? Scarf it and wreck face. And where is Mamo getting Technician? Also, where did Justified go?

It would, except Guts Conkeldurr is already amazing, although you could put Sheer Force onto something else instead, like Terrakion and get rid of Mamo for Hariyama and keep the thick fat, and gain a Justified Hariyama :P

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think this is a really cool... Gonna try it out some.

Few big threats I can think of are Poison Heal Jellicent (I'm in love already <3), Regenrator Ferrothorn, Moxie Regigigas, Drought Victini, and Drizzle Keldeo/Dragonite.

Poison Heal Regigigas. Go try it. It learns Facade, Fire Punch, EQ, and Sub. Max HP and Attack.

Also, Flash Fire Forretress.

Glad this is finally up, I remember testing this while in the beta stages . Anyways here's my current team, and a really underated but effective stragety, from what I've seen

Wonder Skin Porygon-z-, pretty useful to avoid toxics and other status moves to avoid debilitation to it's sweep
Multiscale Venomoth- Venomoth only gets better with Multiscale, as it allows at least one Quiver Dance, and allows it to out speed and sleep some dangerous mons
Trace Landorus- Makes for a great scout and revenge killer, and making physical once again it's preferred set
Justified Dragonite- Well, Dragonite get's the short end of the stick on this team
Download Terrakion- While it's a 50/50 chance most of the time to get the attack boost, it's still a really deadly boost for Terra, and can have it revenge much more easily.
Sheer Force Gardevoir- Now this is a really underrated Pokemon, but is supported from this team. QuiverPass allows Gardevoir to sweep. Anyways that's the team in a nutshell, can't wait to see how this meta's going to turn out.

SpartanMalice

Interesting to see Venomoth and Gardevoir here. Venomoth will have to def. avoid sleep though, which was easier with Wonder Skin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)