Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually, there's an on-site set for Latios + Dragon Dance, so clearly it's not terrible, at the very least...

Ok, one word: Shedinja.

I'm sorry, but running this thing with ANY set is foolhardy. Sand teams laugh in its face, and all you need to do is set up Stealth Rock or a layer of Spikes to make it completely useless. Yes, it walls Kyogre, but using Shedinja on any Ubers team is just wasting a team slot.
I actually got 6-0'd yesterday by a team with Shedinja in the Uber ladder. It's pretty good if well used.

My favorites are probably LO Blizzard Kyogre and Tyrogue, also a famous quote I see often: "Can you stupid people STOP USING LEGENDARIES." When I ask why I get an answer along the lines of all of them being broken, make the Regice/Blaziken analogy, aaaaaaand ragequit

Well, one time, a guy brought a Torterra, Aerial Ace and Hyper Beam Rayquaza, and a special sweeping Feraligatr into Ubers on the same team. Oh, and in another battle, a guy brought a Wailmer. Needless to say these battles were super epic (not).

Normal Arceus with Perish Song. Wut.

Actually Wallceus can run Perish Song quite effectively on a set like WoW/Recover/Perish Song/Return. Great for when your opponent thinks you're Extreme Killer and switches in their Terrakion only to eat a Will-O-Wisp. Or if they burn you thinking you're EK and start setting up with Fightceus or whatever only to be PS'd out.

-Blizzard Kyogre is f***ing omnipresent I swear to God.
- CM Arceus Normal. Just, no.
- Hyper Beam Blissey. An interesting way of stopping yourself being set up fodder.
- The legendary Choice Banded Mewtwo
- Substitute/Roost/Dragon Tail/Toxic Lugia

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have seen offensive Deoxys-S though.
Offensive Deoxys-S is fun!

Somewhere lurking on the showdown Ubers ladder, is a user obsessed with sticking Quick Claw on every single member of what seems like a legitimate Ubers team with Infernape. I've seen this more than twice lol.

I just ran into a guy running Calm Mind Deoxys-S and Lum Berry Lugia on the same team.

I seem to attract weird teams. I've seen Ampharos, Tropius, multiple Shedinja, some without weather or even entry hazard control, Torterra, Torkoal, Swellow, Magikarp (one of them was on a team based around Baton Pass which was lol, one of them went full hipster and was the only Pokémon), Shadow Force Giratina-A, Politoed, a few LC teams with Tentacruel slapped on, a Darkrai running Roar of Time, completely NU teams, Hyper Beam Rayquaza and Arceus, and a Nightmare + Dream Eater Darkrai. There are probably more I can't remember. My rating's over 1800 and I still see these...

I was goofing around on the Ubers ladder & there was this one Thundurus-I who thought it was Halloween & decided to dress up as a Liepard (Swagger, Foul Play, T-Wave, and I think it wound up carrying Taunt & not Substitute...).

I used to use that set :p. Taunt is not at all bad on Focus Sash Kitty as it stops hazards and unlike Thundy, Kitty gets STAB on Foul Play. Kitty has less bulk than Thundy but neither can take hits anyway. Liepard obviously shouldn't be used on a serious team but it is a fun troll mon that can actually support your team a bit :).

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two things

Firstly I wanted to try swift swim armaldo but I accidentally used it on my laddering account and came across a guy with a 1950 rating who said it was s***. I then set up my swords dance and was about to 6-0 his team intill he called me a hacker and raged quit. Well, I did already kill his **only** faster thing.

(Warning long story)
Also I was sweeping a guy with extremekiller arceas and he said it was stupid to use legendaries. After he pm'd me after and we got into an argument and he eventually challenged me to an OU battle, in which all my teams had legendaries, so I used my UU team. Of course he had sand with lando, terrakion and celebii. My team was based around several wall breakers and then scarf krook. I then managed to sweep with krook after he was winning. He got even more annoyed so he re-challenged me to ubers, with a team based around shedinja. I don't have a replay but it went a bit like this;

Turn1
Anty208 sent out zekrom
He sent out kyogre

Zekrom used bolt strike
Kyogre lost 100% of health
Kyogre fainted

He sent out dialga (or something like that)

Zekrom, come back,
Go Ttar
Ttar's sand stream whipped up a sand storm,

He raged quit.

A couple days later I see him getting banned for spamming in the lobby :D.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Two things

Firstly I wanted to try swift swim armaldo but I accidentally used it on my laddering account and came across a guy with a 1950 rating who said it was s***. I then set up my swords dance and was about to 6-0 his team intill he called me a hacker and raged quit. Well, I did already kill his **only** faster thing.

(Warning long story)
Also I was sweeping a guy with extremekiller arceas and he said it was stupid to use legendaries. After he pm'd me after and we got into an argument and he eventually challenged me to an OU battle, in which all my teams had legendaries, so I used my UU team. Of course he had sand with lando, terrakion and celebii. My team was based around several wall breakers and then scarf krook. I then managed to sweep with krook after he was winning. He got even more annoyed so he re-challenged me to ubers, with a team based around shedinja. I don't have a replay but it went a bit like this;

Turn1
Anty208 sent out zekrom
He sent out kyogre

Zekrom used bolt strike
Kyogre lost 100% of health
Kyogre fainted

He sent out dialga (or something like that)

Zekrom, come back,
Go Ttar
Ttar's sand stream whipped up a sand storm,

He raged quit.

A couple days later I see him getting banned for spamming in the lobby :D.
Who the hell is stupid enough to leave kyogre in on zekrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)