UU Quiver Pass

The purpose of the team is obviously to get in as many Quiver dances as possible, then pass them off to one of 3 recipients.

At a glance:

Meinshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe / -SpA)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U turn
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Usually my lead. Most opponents switch when I lead with it, which allows for an easy U turn and a hopeful safe switch into Venomoth. I don't have the ev's for speed maxed out so that I U turn after enemy scarfed meinshao. Since meinshao is pretty much the only base 105 scarfer in UU, so it shouldn't affect meinshao's interactions with any other pokemon.

*Edit*
Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature (+SpD / -Atk)
- Psychic / Stored Power
- Light Screen / Shadow Ball
- Reflect
- Roost

Xatu's main purpose is to deflect incoming phazing attacks such as roar and whirlwind. It's less of a baton pass receiver, and more an attempt to salvage some benefit when venomoth is up against a phazer. Another option would be a more offense minded Xatu. I'm not crazy, just listen. Stored Power gains 20 power for each stat increase, meaning for every quiver dance passed to it, stored power gains a whopping 60 base power! However, with no boosts, Stored power sits at a measily 20 base power, meaning it's pretty much useless. This is why if I was going to run a set with stored power, i would be forced to accompany it with shadow ball, for a more reliable move, and to deal with bulky psychics such as bronzong and mew. Unfortunately, I'm not very good with creating non-standard ev spreads, so i'd really like some advice on that if I decide to go the stored power route

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Trait: Wonder Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe / -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

The sticky sludge holding this team together. Since Venomoth is pretty uncommon in UU, I can usually squeeze in a quiver dance or 2 before having to use sleep powder.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA / -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The most offense oriented of my baton receivers. Easy to switch in against nearly all but hard hitting physical attackers. At 216 speed ev's Nidoqueen hits 242 speed, or 363 speed after 1 quiver dance has been passed, which is just enough to outspeed base 115 pokemon such as raikou. However, Nidoqueen is rarely passed to unless I have more than one quiver dance under my belt. Because of this, i'm considering redistributing evs. Should I take away hp and give to defense, due to the special defense boosts she's already getting? Another problem I've been having is whether or not to switch a move out for sludge wave for use against levitators such as misdrevious, rotom, and cresselia.
Battle Royal: I use Nidoqueen over Nidoking because of nidoqueen's higher defense and special defense, making her slightly easier to switch in with baton pass. Assuming a modest nature, full sp. attack investment, and 242 speed, nidoking is left with 112 ev's to invest in defense, while nidoqueen has only 40. However, if they both invest all their ev's into hp, they both have 331. The only stat difference is Nidoking having 20 more sp. atk points, while Nidoqueen has 20 more defense points and 20 more special defense points.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def / -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Discharge
- Ice Beam

My second baton receiver. The situations I usually baton pass to porygon2 in end up with him gaining an attack boost from download instead of sp. attack, which is why I opted for Trace instead. Trace is pretty situational; i've only ever gotten some real use for it when switching against an opposing chandelure or arcanine. I don't use analytic for the obvious reason that the speed boosts make porygon2 faster than the opposition most of the time.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def / -Atk)
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

My most defense oriented baton receiver, and general physical wall. Slowbro is the least passed to, since he only truly benefits from the sp. attack / sp. defense boosts. Swapping out Fire Blast for Calm Mind is another option, since I often pass to Slowbro against fire types.

Not all Mienshao will U-Turn on yours...your team has so many counters to Mienshao that a well-trained player might go for the HJK since the switch is so obvious. Run max speed so you aren't reliant on HJK missing to win those situations.
Also, quiver pass takes so much skill to use. Respect.

Discharge is listed twice on your pg2. Also since pg2 is a recipient of quiver dance you dont really need to run sp def evs, i suggest investing those evs in sp atk or speed

Here's a couple things:

This team needs a more offensive receiver of Baton Pass. The neat thing about quiverpassing is that Quiver Dance boosts up Sp. Def enough where switching in, even with a very offensive Pokemon, is possible. Also, since all your pass receivers are relatively slow, you're extremely vulnerable to getting revenge killed. Your opponent could save their Scarf Mienshao for late game and OHKO a +2 Porygon2, for example. Perhaps changing Porygon2 to PorygonZ would help give your team more offensive presence and also less vulnerability to scarfers.

The only stat difference is Nidoking having 20 more sp. atk points, while Nidoqueen has 20 more defense points and 20 more special defense points.
Nidoking is faster. Just saying.

Yeah, that Xatu set doesn't seem to be supporting your team very well; you already have plenty of recovery and Venomoth won't want to be switching into anything at a weakened state. I would recommend the Dual Screens set instead. That way, all of your Pokemon on the team will get a general bulk boost, including Venomoth, which will allow you to get more Quiver Dance boosts.

That's all from me! You're a wonderful person.

Here's a couple things:

This team needs a more offensive receiver of Baton Pass. The neat thing about quiverpassing is that Quiver Dance boosts up Sp. Def enough where switching in, even with a very offensive Pokemon, is possible. Also, since all your pass receivers are relatively slow, you're extremely vulnerable to getting revenge killed. Your opponent could save their Scarf Mienshao for late game and OHKO a +2 Porygon2, for example. Perhaps changing Porygon2 to PorygonZ would help give your team more offensive presence and also less vulnerability to scarfers.

My one problem with switching out porygon2 is that it leaves me with a big weakness to the nearly omnipresent chandelure. Also, scarfed meinshao hits 509 speed. Porygon-z with a timid nature hits 306 speed. 509 speed is 1.66 times 306, which means I would need at least 2 quiver dances if I was to outspeed it.

I'm really liking the idea of duel screens Xatu. I think it'll fill a much needed support roll on the team.

My one problem with switching out porygon2 is that it leaves me with a big weakness to the nearly omnipresent chandelure.
PorygonZ can learn Shadow Ball.

Also, scarfed meinshao hits 509 speed. Porygon-z with a timid nature hits 306 speed. 509 speed is 1.66 times 306, which means I would need at least 2 quiver dances if I was to outspeed it.
2 Quiver Dances doesn't seem that unfeasible, especially if Venomoth is under screens.

Ahh i love the idea of p2 as a quiver dance recipient! : D i ran a semi similar team a while back but found priority and powerful attackers like scarf darmanitan problematic. As the person above me stated scarf pokes are a problem. However the ev spread and eviolite on p2 has superpower as a 3hko from darm.

I am 100% trying quiverpass to p2 though i didnt realize it was that bulky though : )
On that note xatu is kinda blech i think youre better off with sigilyph who is immune to hazards and can boost defenses more with cosmic power and cm. Sigi is a pain to take down and is a lot of fun to use!

Nodoqueen is good, just watch out for priority aqua jet from azumarril.

Slowbro is good too.

My only note is watch out for honchkrow. All it needs is one boost and itll be hard to take down.

Also, i dont think you need hp or def investment on venmoth. Its pretty frail tbh you might as well go full offensive and use it as another sweeper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)