• Yes.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Arcticblast
Alrighty Guys and Gals, we all know that Zoroark's Illusion ability has become somewhat predictable. Actually, VERY predictable if you have the IQ above a potato.

This inspired me to come up with a new metagame, one I'd like to call, "Illusionmons."

It could form a whole new metagame. With a SINGLE attack, you see the true identity of the Pokemon. Which, will make Priority moves KEY in this, to reveal the true identity. Every single pokemon will look like the one in your last slot.

Oh come on now, that's boring. We need another twist. Indeed we do, so, I decided to include some rules from "STABmons" into this, given it's credit here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stabmons-now-testing-ubers-394.3484106/

Except, unlike in STABmons, the Pokemon in that can STILL use moves it already knows. In Illusionmons, we are taking that away. Pokemon can ONLY use moves of it's own type, EVEN if it cannot normally learn them. What that will do is cause confusion, debating whether the Pokemon is one or another. You know the type, but not the Pokemon. Until you attack.

(Normal Types can NOT use Sketch)

Let's go over some strategies.

Wait.. SAWSBUCK? How can THIS be any good?

Well, let's go over the types. NORMAL, GRASS.

This means, this guy can appear as an Electric type, such as Electrode. If they want to use a ground move on you, they're wrong.

Next, you'll have the STABmons rules in effect. So, you can use Spore, as you are a GRASS type Pokemon. Then, use the NORMAL type move, Substitute, and the other NORMAL type move, Belly Drum. After that, it's up to you what move you use, but I carry Extremespeed.

There are SO many more possibilities here now that you lose your ability. Think about that.. Regigigas no longer has Slow Start. Slaking without Truant. Both of them get Sweet Kiss, Shell Smash, Belly Drum.. the possibilites are endless. If you want to try, here are the first TWO Pokemon in my team. I won't reveal the other 4, unless of course, you want to battle. ;)

=== [hackmons] Illusionmons ===

Azelf @ Lum Berry
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Magic Coat

Sawsbuck @ Red Card
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed

So yeah, the rest is up to you. Full rules below if you missed anything.

-STABmons rules apply.. Except for ONLY your STABs, and not other moves you can learn, previous evolution or just moves you learn normally.
-All Pokemon MUST have the ability Illusion.
-Any held item is allowed.
-No Pokemon have been banned yet.. but NO ubers at all.
-The "Standard" clauses are on, and Team Preview is on.

Hope you all have fun playing this gamemode, and give your thoughts on your experience and how to improve it below!

-FreeVelocity

How about another twist: Zoroark, as the ORIGINAL Illusion master, now isn't revealed after the first attack- it takes TWO attacks to reveal his identity!

Anyways, nice meta

How about another twist: Zoroark, as the ORIGINAL Illusion master, now isn't revealed after the first attack- it takes TWO attacks to reveal his identity!

Anyways, nice meta
Lol then you will still know after one attack that it is Zoroark because it is the only thing that wouldn't have changed from an attack.

Also, priority moves won't be useful at all.. It doesn't help seeing the opponent at the beginning of the turn, you will still see what they are before you choose your next attack either way. This is sinilar to when people say that Prankster Nasty Plot is good.. It doesn't matter if you go first or second with Nasty Plot -_-

Finally, your added rules take out every possibility of this meta being skillful. Might as well keep the original movepools the same. That way you can play around with Illusion, scouting sets and figuring out what is going on. Also, you can play with the teambuilder to make sets appear to be a different Pokemon. Don't remove that level of depth.

Anyway, I think it could be worthwhile to try. Parasect+Heatran combo would be cool or Ferrothorn+Jellicent. Type synergy would start making a big impact again rather than just role synergy. Recovery moves will be nice, re-hiding their identity.

Dual Types are probably going to be central, specifically if one of those types is immune to the others' weaknesses. For example, Spiritomb could start off with say, Nasty Plot. The the opponent might try to hit you with a Fighting attack that you are immune to. Then that gives Spiritomb a turn to maybe Dark Void you. Essentially, clever use of Dual-Typings can allow you to snag two turns of hiding your identity.

Still, nice to something a bit new, though I personally think removing the STABmons part would really make it more unique. A pretty cool meta overall.

Anyways, nice meta
But what if after the first attack it turned into the second-last pokemon in your party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)