Tier Shift Metagame (THIS IS BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone wants to try some weatherless teams, Idk I'm getting kind of bored of seing so many sand and sun teams around that I want to know what kind of teams would thrive in the absence of weather

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Does anyone wants to try some weatherless teams, Idk I'm getting kind of bored of seing so many sand and sun teams around that I want to know what kind of teams would thrive in the absence of weather
All I really play is weatherless, so I can say that it is definitely just as viable as weather. It is definitely harder to build a good weatherless team as opposed to a good weather team.

Choice Scarf Gardevoir is perhaps the best Pokemon on weatherless atm with Trace allowing it to outspeed and OHKO all of the "Speed-Doublers" but almost any Pokemon is viable in weatherless unless they are completely weather-reliant like Toxicroak or Sawsbuck.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I thought I'd better advertise here: anyone who is good at this metagame (not just average - good), and free in July, could you please drop a note on my profile? Thanks!

I've been having fun with a rain team; most notably, sweeping entire unprepared teams with Galvantula and (oddly enough) Moltres, and walling setup sweeprs with Quagsire.

Galvantula now has base 107 special attack and base 118 speed. Combine that with Thunder (which is now 91% accurate in neutral weather and never misses in Rain) and Bug Buzz, plup Giga Drain and HP Ice to kill threats like Gligar / Gliscor and Swampert / Seismitoad, and backed by a life orb it can really cause havok.

Moltres might be hindered STAB-wise by rain, but his new 100/100/95 defenses mean he can take most neutral and resisted hits fantastically in this meta. Furthermore he now has base 135 Special Attack and base 100 Speed (identical to Volcarona), and great dual stabs in Fire Blast and Hurricane. Fire Blast will hit almost anything Hurricane (or Air Slash outside Rain) doesn't remarkably well, even in rain, while HP Grass / Water / Fighting ravages the rock types that resist the combination.

Quagsire now has 105 / 95 / 75 defenses, which combined with its great typing, Recover, Stockpile and Unaware can pretty much stop any setup sweepers (especially physical ones) that aren't grass type, including massive threats with improved stats such as Bulk Up / Swords Dance Gallade and Dragon Dance Kingdra. It also has base 95 attack which means it can't be completely shut down by Taunt, especially with its awesome STAB moves in EQ and rain-boosted waterfall.

I'm very new to pokemon and would like to compete here and in general ou.

I could really appreciate some help with the team i have been using as i feel it is probably very bad.

It's centered around sand stall btw

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Cradily @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Protect
- Energy Ball

Audino @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 130 SDef
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
It's a decent team IMO, actually. Though I rarely see Dugtrio on anything that isn't Sun, sand really doesn't need much weather trappers anyway as Hippowdon does its job quite well. Maybe, replace Dugtrio with Alakazam ? Good poke on Sand Stall, Magic Guard + Sash and better offensive firepower than Dugtrio. Even Cradily and Hippowdon have better attack than it.

Golurk is scary in this, with 104/139/95/70/95/70 stats. Seismitoad is also pretty solid, with 120/100/90/100/90/89 stats.
Cacturne makes for a surprisingly good revenge killer with a Choice Scarf.

Also, do the Pokemon in NFE get a boost?

Both games are vs me lol. I'm not playing very good in TS lately :(. Terrible mistake on my part when I switched out Tornadus, I should have Tailwinded and cause mayhem with Moltres, you outplayed me that game. The other game was different lol, had a crucial stone miss and was playing with a team that I was testing and has been disapproved haha.

Let's keep it as it is lol. There are a lot of pokes to play around as it is and it's already a hard labour to make your team be bulletproof vs all threats in this meta.

The Tier is fun as it is, there's no need for LC and Uber inclusion imo.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Let's keep it as it is lol. There are a lot of pokes to play around as it is and it's already a hard labour to make your team be bulletproof vs all threats in this meta.

The Tier is fun as it is, there's no need for LC and Uber inclusion imo.
Why can't we just have a separate TS Ubers metagame? It wouldn't affect the main TS OU metagame at all.

I'd also love a Clear Skies TS, but people don't seem to like Clear Skies for some reason.

Problem is that the player base is not large enough to justify more than 1 tier, but that's my opinion. It's hard to get a TS game at some times, splitting it up in tiers will make it even harder.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Can we at least look into testing Pokes that are currently Uber then? I see no reason why TS needs to be joined at OU's hip in terms of the ban list, considering the metagames are entirely different from one another. There are at least 5 Uber Pokes that deserve a shot in this meta.

It makes the rules more complicated.
I would prefer to avoid this. One of the best things about Tier Shift, in my opinion, is how easily summarized the rules are.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've just gotten back into Tier shift this past coming week and I decided to build a rain team. So far, it's pretty good, and it features cool Pokemon such as DD Whiscash and LO Galvantula. Problem is, I've having a bit of a problem deciding on my Galvantula's moveset. As of now, I've been running Thunder / Volt Switch / HP Ice / Bug Buzz. I like Volt Switch because it's nice to gain momentum, but the only problem I have is that I don't have a spinner (only Pokemon weak to SR on my team is Galvantula, everything else resists it) so I can't really afford to switch in and out too often. Do you think I should just run Giga Drain over Volt Switch for maximum coverage, or is Giga Drain even worth the extra moveslot? I mean, it hits stuff like Seismitoed and Whiscash whilst gaining back some recovery, but do you think it's worth the loss of Volt Switch? The loss in momentum can sometimes cost me the game, and it's nice because I can safely switch in Whiscash on the incoming Jirachi or something. Is there anything VERY important that Galvantula misses out on? I'd like to keep HP Ice, because fuck Landorus-T, Garchomp and Gliscor.

Also one more question; +Spe or +SpA on Galvantula? Anything in particular I outrun with a +Spe nature? Tornadus-I and Swanna are the only two that come to mind immediately. Do I miss out on any crucial KOs without a +SpA nature?

SpartanMalice

Yeah. Shuckle can still be taunted. It may have slightly more bulk with 35/245/245 as opposed to 20/230/230 but remember, every pokemon got the boost. Shuckle is still meh compared to most. And that 35 HP? Same as Pikachu, meaning it still sucks.

Even though everything got the boost, Shuckle's bulk nearly doubled. Yes it still is shitty but the annoyance factor rose by quite a bit!

SpartanMalice

Shuckle's bulk has never been that bad in the first place, it's problem was lack of offense and ability to get easily taunted which still can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)