King Cobra

King Cobra

So yeah, amazing title is amazing. This team centers around SubCM Serperior, which is a really underrated threat right now due to its good bulk and the fact that it can set up on like half the metagame (hey, Musharna). I haven't really made any significant peaks on the ladder because losing to noobs because of hax / laddering is boring and I don't really find playing 50 games with one team incredibly fun just to peak.

Anyways, while SubCM Serperior is the main crux of this team, it relies on heavy offensive pressure and rationally sacking Pokemon to save other Pokemon. It doesn't really have a defensive backbone of any sort, to be honest. Most, if not all of the Pokemon on this team come together to check Serperior's checks, while forming an extremely hard-hitting team. ScarfZard is the biggest threat to this team, but it can be played around because of the choice item's innate weakness and Charizard's Stealth Rocks weakness.

Also, every Pokemon should really get Pokemon Conquest art because the already done ones look awesome and I'm sad that I can't use them in my RMT's :( (fuck you, Sawk, Eelektross, and Jynx)

<><><>
<><><>
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Charizard is so good right now. Not only does it have access to Roost, but it also hits like a truck while having a wonderful base 100 Speed. Fire Blast is good in a meta dominated by about two water types, since nothing really likes taking a STAB Fire Blast if it doesn't resist it. Air Slash hits Fighting types like CB Sawk, which can give this team a run for its money. Roost is really the crux of this set; Charizard finds easy times to Roost since it forces a lot of switches. Hidden Power Grass lets me smash Seismitoad while 2HKO'ing Alomomola. Focus Blast is lame. Oh yeah, I also have Charizard first to lure out SR leads like Golem so that Sawk can smash them because offensive pressure is cool.

Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Sleep Talk

I find Metang ending up on most of my team, just because it can set up Stealth Rocks while checking Jynx. Metang is really the only defensive Pokemon on this team, only due to its typing and Eviolite. Steel typing is wonderful in a meta with Jynx and Musharna running around. Meteor Mash smashes things hard and the Attack boost is nice. 176 Atk EV's and Bullet Punch is an OHKO on Jynx after Stealth Rocks. Sleep Talk beats Lovely Kiss and lets Metang absorb sleep status without being totally useless.

Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

It's hard not to have Sawk on your team. Choice Band Close Combat is great in a tier where only one Ghost-type is prevalent. Sawk also helps beating SR leads like Golem due to Mold Breaker, which helps Charizard and Jynx tremendously. There's not really much to say about Sawk, unfortunately, since he's kind of a one-trick pony. Either use Close Combat, or a coverage move!

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 140 Atk / 244 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Eelektross is kind of the odd one out, honestly. Sometimes it tremendously pulls its weight and other times it doesn't. Eelektross is generally just a general check to almost anything. This set is fantastic at wallbreaking, which really is the main point of Eelektross. Expert Belt Superpower hits anything weak to it super hard and 2HKO's a lot of Pokemon, like Regice, Lickilicky, and Audino. The other moves are plainly for coverage, and hit hard with base 105 SAtk. 124 outpaces base 74 Spd Pokemon with a -Spe nature by two points, such as Relaxed Seismitoad.

Trait: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Trick

Jynx is arguably the best Pokemon in the tier and possibly the best Scarfer. She hits that important base 95 Spd, which ties with other Scarfers like Primeape. Ice Beam and Psychic combine for almost perfect coverage. Lovely Kiss practically puts a Pokemon out of commission the entire match, while Trick can cripple defensive threats. She also gives a nice water resist, which is good synergy with Charizard.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Rock]

One of the most underrated threats in the metagame, enter Serperior. While I ranted and raved about the Anti-Lead Charizard Lure set in the NU Stage 10 thread, SubCM is incredibly good. Substitute lets it beat common threats that want to U-Turn on it, like Primeape, and laughs at status from Musharna and Alomomola. Serperior sets up on anything specially offensive fairly easy, due to Calm Mind and decent recovery in Giga Drain+Leftovers. Hidden Power Rock hits Fire types and the only reason I run it over Hidden Power Ground is because of Charizard. Leftovers is kind of just helpful recovery; I might switch to Meadow Plate or Life Orb. People should start using Serperior, it's fun.
<><><>

Code:
Charizard @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Sleep Talk

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Eelektross (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 140 Atk / 244 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Trick

Serperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey bud.

Nice team, and it supports Serperior well with a lot of Pokemon being capable of breaking through most of its common checks and the ability to lure stuff, which is always pretty cool in my book.

As for threats, this team seems a bit vulnerable to Musharna, of whom only a handful of this team can actually 2HKO and the fact that your Metang doesn't utilize Toxic. With this, Musharna is able to either comfortably spread paralysis on your team or posing as a threat with its Calm Mind or OTR set, the former of which is able to comfortably setup alongside Serperior as it cannot 2HKO especially with Life Orb, while the latter is able to clean apart of your team as you have no way of actively revenge killing it without taking a huge hit (luckily most don't run HP Ground however, but Metang would like to cripple that variant with Toxic as well to stand a reasonable chance here too). With this, I would suggest that you run Toxic over Sleep Talk respectively, as this now allows you to cripple most Musharna and because of Metang's solid natural bulk with Eviolite and x4 resistance to Psychic, it actually has a high chance of stalling Musharna out of its Heal Bell PP. If by any means the lack of Sleep Talk concerns you in regards to your match-up against Jynx, you can also optionally try Pursuit over Bullet Punch to guarantee a reliable trap against it.

In regards to Eelektross, I don't feel that its luring capabilities are all that important for this team, especially with the lack of Volt Switch. The ability to lure with Superpower on Audino / Lickilicky is not as necessary as being able to safely switch into them and actively capitalize on them, which is something that's very much appreciated for how little switch-in opportunities this team generally has. This is why I would like for you to consider Choice Band Golurk here, as it does just that! It also provides other good qualities on the table, such as a useful Electric- and Fighting-type immunity that can help you on the long run as nothing likes taking really strong hits or repeatedly getting picked off by opposing Volt Switches. It also synergizes well with Serperior and Metang, providing another check to Musharna and breaking through a lot of troublesome threats towards the two.

As for other resources to address for, you would want to fix your EVs on Jynx and Charizard from 4 HP to 4 EVs to one of your defenses. This gives them an odd number, which allows the two to switch into Stealth Rock 2 (Charizard) and 4 (Jynx) times before being KO'd as opposed to the current 1 and 3 times, which can definitely be a game-changing factor late game. I also agree that you should replace Leftovers with Life Orb on Serperior, as the damage output is quite significant for how low Serperior's Special Attack initially is, which can help it match up against bulky Pokemon better if you don't have many setup opportunities. The next biggest niche about this change is that you can pretty much manually trigger Overgrown on your own by spamming Substitute until you reach 25-% HP range, which can allow you to land a really strong hit on something that you can't really setup on and regain a lot of HP on the process. The loss of Leftovers isn't that big of a deal since that's somewhat redundant with Giga Drain.

That's all I have for you. Hope my suggestions became of good help, and good luck!

Code:
Suggestions of Changes:
Metang: Toxic> Sleep Talk; Pursuit > Bullet Punch (optional)
Serperior: Life Orb> Leftovers
Charizard: Change 4 HP EVs to 4 in Def/SpD
Jynx: Change 4 HP EVs to 4 in Def/SpD

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Hey bud.

Nice team, and it supports Serperior well with a lot of Pokemon being capable of breaking through most of its common checks and the ability to lure stuff, which is always pretty cool in my book.

As for threats, this team seems a bit vulnerable to Musharna, of whom only a handful of this team can actually 2HKO and the fact that your Metang doesn't utilize Toxic. With this, Musharna is able to either comfortably spread paralysis on your team or posing as a threat with its Calm Mind or OTR set, the former of which is able to comfortably setup alongside Serperior as it cannot 2HKO especially with Life Orb, while the latter is able to clean apart of your team as you have no way of actively revenge killing it without taking a huge hit (luckily most don't run HP Ground however, but Metang would like to cripple that variant with Toxic as well to stand a reasonable chance here too). With this, I would suggest that you run Toxic over Sleep Talk respectively, as this now allows you to cripple most Musharna and because of Metang's solid natural bulk with Eviolite and x4 resistance to Psychic, it actually has a high chance of stalling Musharna out of its Heal Bell PP. If by any means the lack of Sleep Talk concerns you in regards to your match-up against Jynx, you can also optionally try Pursuit over Bullet Punch to guarantee a reliable trap against it.

In regards to Eelektross', I don't feel that its luring capabilities are all that important for this team, especially with the lack of Volt Switch. The ability to lure with Superpower on Audino / Lickilicky is not as necessary as being able to safely switch into them and actively capitalize on them, which is something that's very much appreciated for how little switch-in opportunities this team generally has. This is why I would like for you to consider Choice Band Golurk here, as it does just that! It also provides other good qualities on the table, such as a useful Electric- and Fighting-type immunity that can help you on the long run as nothing likes taking really strong hits or repeatedly getting picked off by opposing Volt Switches. It also synergizes well with Serperior and Metang, providing another check to Musharna and breaking through a lot of troublesome threats towards the two.

As for other resources to address for, you would want to fix your EVs on Jynx and Charizard from 4 HP to 4 EVs to one of your defenses. This gives them an even number, which allows the two to switch into Stealth Rock 2 (Charizard) and 4 (Jynx) times before being KO'd as opposed to the current 1 and 3 times, which can definitely be a game-changing factor late game. I also agree that you should replace Leftovers with Life Orb on Serperior, as the damage output is quite significant for how low Serperior's Special Attack initially is, which can help it match up against bulky Pokemon better if you don't have many setup opportunities. The next biggest niche about this change is that you can pretty much manually trigger Overgrown on your own by spamming Substitute until you reach 25-% HP range, which can allow you to land a really strong hit on something that you can't really setup on and regain a lot of HP on the process. The loss of Leftovers isn't that big of a deal since that's somewhat redundant with Giga Drain.

That's all I have for you. Hope my suggestions became of good help, and good luck!

Code:
Suggestions of Changes:
Metang: Toxic> Sleep Talk; Pursuit > Bullet Punch (optional)
Serperior: Life Orb> Leftovers
Charizard: Change 4 HP EVs to 4 in Def/SpD
Jynx: Change 4 HP EVs to 4 in Def/SpD

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Hey, thanks for the rate. :) I've been testing all your suggestions and they're working very well, especially Metang and Life Orb on Serperior. I'm not really sure why I put EV's in HP, I think I just wasn't thinking.

I might try to invest in another Ground type, just to see if something works better than Golurk. This team has trouble taking Thunder Waves, so I agree that a Ground type would work very well here, I'm just not really sure if Golurk is particularly needed. While Serperior can't take status very well, if I can safely send it out against Musharna or Audino, they're prime set-up bait. Nonetheless, I will continue testing Golurk and other Ground types, since I do agree that Musharna spamming Thunder Wave is a pain.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think you're gonna get any better than Golurk. Other Ground-type Pokemon simply don't fit your team, (Golem, Stunfisk, most variants of Seismitoad) while Golurk itself fits it perfectly. It gives you another Musharna check while also giving your team a needed Fighting-type switch in. While you have Charizard and Jynx to check some Fighting mons, none of them can really switch in. Even with Mold Breaker Sawk, people can still get Stealth Rock up which deters Charizard from being able to take Close Combat. (CB Combat OHKOes and Scarf Ape's easily 2HKOes) Scarf Primeape specifically looks very threatening to your team if you forgo Golurk; especially in the late game when Metang has been weakened and it can freely spam Close Combat. The only thing that I guess could fit is offensive Seismitoad, but it's really easy to wear down (especially if it's Swift Swim LO) and doesn't help all that much vs Charizard. Anyways, your team is very standard and should do fine against most match up as long as you play it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)