Not open for further replies.
My team:
Slow Start Reuniclus
Poison Heal Regigigas
Magic Guard Gliscor
Iron Barbs Nidoqueen
Illusion Ferrothorn
Sheer Force Zoroark.
Slow Start actually helps Reuniclus as Trick Room with halved speed is so good. Meanwhile Gliscor gets Magic Guard with Swords Dance and Regigigas with Poison heal.
The other trio is Iron Barbs Nidoqueen, not that good but I needed something with Sherr force and its good to stop fighting types. Then there's Sheer Force Zoroark, with a Scarf and Dark Pulse, flamethrower and Focus Blast is a monster. Then Illusion Ferrothorn. Usually disguised as Reuniclus or Gliscor, he can set up hazards undetected as the opponent brings in something that can't hurt it.

EV

Banned deucer.
Multiscale Chansey/Blissey.

Hydration I want to try on Keldeo or something that can abuse the Rain, too, besides just the ability. The thing with Keldeo is it loses out coverage, so make sure Celebi/Jellicent/Latias are gone!

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame-39850473

I mostly just want to show off Hydration Lax here, but Pika demonstrated how good Multiscale Jellicent can be. There are plenty of candidates for Multiscale. What would you guys pick ?

I use Multiscale Latias. Access to Recover and nice speed, can calm mind while tanking hits, and Levitate is always useful to give to another mon on your team.

Another mon on that team is SubProtect Poison heal Dragonite, which is also very effective. The two other moves are Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw Even if opponents can break through the subs and live a (boosted) Dragon Claw, Nite can still stall them out of PP, which is easy, as after a boost or two, his Subs are very fast.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
slaking is worse than regigigas because it has to give out traunt to a pokemon. it's much worse than slow start, which is actually not too bad on certain special attackers

slaking is worse than regigigas because it has to give out traunt to a pokemon. it's much worse than slow start, which is actually not too bad on certain special attackers
Doesn't slow start affect Special as well? And I have used Regi. It's a beast! Put Slow Start on Cresselia actually.

Slaking gets protect though, which really helps recovery.

Also, Truant is fine on hard hitting, fast mons, like Choice Specs Latios, who is going to switch after a DM anyway, or on something like Cress again, with Skill Swap.

Since Landorus was just banned, what do you guys think should happen? Do you think it should be banned here, or stay legal?
I think it should stay, as it probably won't be as broken as in OU. I mean, if there would be bans in this meta, first ban the real overpowered threats, such as Regigigas or something.

I think it should stay, as it probably won't be as broken as in OU. I mean, if there would be bans in this meta, first ban the real overpowered threats, such as Regigigas or something.
I agree, Landy's defining trait was Sheer Force and since most of the time it will be switched for a different ability, it won't be as broken. Besides, the next reliable Sheer Force Pokemon are the Nidos, and they's basically NU with out Sheer Force. So I say we keep Landy here for the sake it's giving away one of it's key abilities that made it banned.

More of the question is should we ban Sheer Force? It makes many different Pokemon viable, and it's potential danger is too good. I don't see it as over centralizing as Regigigas would be, but I can also see it clearly be broken.

Hmm, also, I wonder how this Meta would work in Ubers. It would be interesting, to say the least, if all the banned abilities were allowed in Ubers. I can see adaptability Mewtwo be a monster

Lost: Hmm, also, I wonder how this Meta would work in Ubers. It would be interesting, to say the least, if all the banned abilities were allowed in Ubers. I can see adaptability Mewtwo be a monster

Basically if that happens, it will usually be the lower tiered mons giving the good abilities to the ubers.

I don't find Sheer Force broken in any manner, although it's extremely good. What I would like is to see Prankster allowed, it might make the metagame more stally making it more balanced because most of the main threats are extremely offensive, although this makes Prankster Nature Power and all types of copycat/me first strategies possible, which is really cool in my opinion but ok.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I thought I may as well share my team since I'm working on another one:
Serene Grace Jirachi — still as cool as ever, Jirachi does its flinching business without having to worry about Multiscale Dragonite or something getting in its way.
Defeatist Staraptor — with FINAL GAMBIT. My #1 favourite move because it's really fun to use. Also a great way to dispose of Defeatist/Truant.
Intimidate Porygon2 — really not a bad wall one way or another, though it doesn't seem to be contributing much offensive presence.
Analytic Conkeldurr — with the move that always goes last, Focus Punch. SubPunch is really strong, and when boosted by Analytic it kills a ton of cool stuff.
Sheer Force Alakazam — an absolute beast. If the opponent has no priority it can sweep teams, or just soften them up for:
Magic Guard Archeops — as described in some previous post somewhere, Head Smash without recoil is absolutely godly. An excellent revenge killer, with a Focus Sash it can tear through teams (bar Levitate Heatran).

OHKO moves are banned, so it doesn't work.

How about Download Salamence + Moxie Latios + Levitate Magnezone + Analytic Porygon2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)