Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
where can i see a list of commands if there are any more? sorry i'm still trying to learn the functions in showdown. Does the forum cover them?
typing /help or /help all in the lobbychat bar on PS! should give you most of the commands. (we have some new ones that may not be updated, though you can just ask in the chat and someone should know)

Is there any possibility of implementing notifications on the Mac app? I mean, they are there when you use the website but not the app, which is pretty stupid. Having a system similar to skype where a little red dot with the number of current notifications pops up over the app icon in the dock and you get a little pop up on the upper right corner of the screen would be cool. The lack of this feature is what keeps me using the website instead of just the app.

scene

Banned deucer.
A flash feature; when your name is mentioned, the text is highlighted, italicised and a notification is sent to you. Easier to see when someone replies to you, especially if you're new and asking questions. I discovered /help highlight, nevermind!

Also I'm sure it's being worked on, but a capsbot/floodbot would help the chat a lot!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Since you're able to do this in the real game, I see no reason to prevent doing it on the simulator, as it doesn't break the entire metagame (e.g. sleep clause). Although I can see where you're coming from, I would say to not expect this.
Official Nintendo tournaments disallow players to give one of their Pokemon the name of another Pokemon as a nickname, iirc (eg you can't call your Pidgey "Volcarona").

official pokemon =/= smogon, and, if i'm not mistaken, you're not allowed to see the nickname of the opponent's pokemon at all during tourneys, right?

In response to some of the spam, having a feature that automatically mutes a user for a short time after X amount of messages during X amount of time would be helpful. If anything, it would act as a deterrent to each individual spammer because they would have to sit there with the mute time, or even have a similar effect to running just one IP ban. Not only would this put less strain on moderators, but this would also ensure rule enforcement if there are currently not any active moderators watching the chat.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A flash feature; when your name is mentioned, the text is highlighted, italicised and a notification is sent to you. Easier to see when someone replies to you, especially if you're new and asking questions. I discovered /help highlight, nevermind!

Also I'm sure it's being worked on, but a capsbot/floodbot would help the chat a lot!
Just saying that floodbots are a fucking pain in the ass on every chat room in which they exist. I'm sure there's some sort of spam control, but having some strict thing is a pain.

In response to some of the spam, having a feature that automatically mutes a user for a short time after X amount of messages during X amount of time would be helpful. If anything, it would act as a deterrent to each individual spammer because they would have to sit there with the mute time, or even have a similar effect to running just one IP ban. Not only would this put less strain on moderators, but this would also ensure rule enforcement if there are currently not any active moderators watching the chat.

That would work but then there wouldn't be much of a need for moderators. If there is ever spam while no staff member is active just simply Highlight (say their name) them in the main chat. Since most if not all staff members have Highlights turned on, we will get a notification and act on it.

And yes, Jukain there is a spam filter already implemented. At the moment,it doesnt let you post the same message twice in a row and the filter also limits how fast you can post multiple messages with a delay between messages.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
While using /rank seeing how high you`re on the WHOLE ladder. Not only the top 500. I know this is a huge pain to make, but I`d love to know if I was in the top 1000 or not.
This has almost no priority actually :P

I have an idea! We should make OU Monotype a permanent metagame. As a Monotype user myself, I think it would be a fantastic way of battling random people with other Monotype teams.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but is it possible to ban the drizzle + swiftswim users in the smogon doubles? Also, there are many people using ubers like shaymin-s in doubles.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but is it possible to ban the drizzle + swiftswim users in the smogon doubles? Also, there are many people using ubers like shaymin-s in doubles.

Hi, and welcome to smogon! Any discussion of the doubles tier would be more suited to this thread: http://smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-4th-topic-in-959.3476469/, which is where issues like yours can be discussed. That being said there are specific reasons the drizzleswim combo and ubers are allowed, mainly because those are simply not as effective in doubles.

Mold Breaker still hasn't been fully implemented. I think something like this should be a priority, because it seriously hurts some pokemon's competitive strengths and creates an imbalance between the cartridge game and the simulation.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet because I don't feel like looking though 19 pages of replys so...
Triple battles/Rotation battles?

How many times have you seen someone say "LAG TEST" in the showdown chat? And then it gets followed by, like, 20 other people. How about a bot placed on the top of the userlist (may require making it an admin?), called "Lag Test", which people could message whenever they question if there's lag or not.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have an idea! We should make OU Monotype a permanent metagame. As a Monotype user myself, I think it would be a fantastic way of battling random people with other Monotype teams.
I was pushing for a monotype ladder for months. Now that it's accidentally here, I'm trying to get it to stay, since it's actually fairly popular.

Drizzle+SwSw and Shaymin-S are allowed in Smogon Doubles. If you'd like to see the full banlist, refer to the thread in Houndoomsday's post. Both things you mentioned are far easier to handle in Smogon Doubles, mostly due to the fact that you have two Pokemon out at once. If you'd like to ask more about why, join us on #doubles on SynIRC.

Mold Breaker still hasn't been fully implemented. I think something like this should be a priority, because it seriously hurts some pokemon's competitive strengths and creates an imbalance between the cartridge game and the simulation.
We know Mold Breaker is broken in some scenarios, but we are having massive difficulties fixing it, and as a result fixing Mold Breaker has fallen slightly by the wayside. It's still in all of our minds though.

A channel to organize Wi-Fi battles would be cool to have while the Battle Finder is down, since using a thread in the forums for that isn't really all that pratical.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I noticed that PO has an automated tournament system where a mod can activate like an ou tourney in the tournament lobby and then po would handle the rest (/join to join, battles are automatically counted, etc.)

Are there any plans to implement something like this on Showdown?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi. The latest smog had an article on OMs. add six moveslot meta please thanks
As the main writer of the "More Obscure Metagames" article (Agent Dell did the PU section), I honestly have no clue if you're saying "add 6MB to the article" or "add it to PS." If it's the latter, it can already be played on Joim's server. If it's the former, it was included in a similar article in an earlier issue of The Smog.

I noticed that PO has an automated tournament system where a mod can activate like an ou tourney in the tournament lobby and then po would handle the rest (/join to join, battles are automatically counted, etc.) Are there any plans to implement something like this on Showdown?
A tournament script is indeed planned.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is the pokedex going to be expanded on?

I really like the way it is right now, but being able to search pokemon that learn a certain move combination like Spikes / Stealth Rock and grouping those pokemon by tier would be incredible. It would make team building that much more convenient and easier.

I noticed that PO has an automated tournament system where a mod can activate like an ou tourney in the tournament lobby and then po would handle the rest (/join to join, battles are automatically counted, etc.)

Are there any plans to implement something like this on Showdown?
There are auto tournament organizers implemented on many sub-servers of Showdown. Head to pokemonshowdown.com and look on the left for a list of servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)