Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder what is SO big that they can call it "the scoop of the century". I mean that would mean bigger then fairy, pokemanz in 3D, double/trple/rotations etc etc. I just wonder if it's a competetive change or a gameplay change, since we are focused on competetive mostly but forget the non competetive aspects sometimes.
Maybe you can finally start with any pokemon that has 3 stages and is native to the region. Or you can now choose a pokemon from multiple rock-paper-scizor triangles. e. q. You could choose from the classic grass-fire-water or you can choose a pokemon from dark-psychic-ghost triangle.
This would qualify as "the scoop of the century" in my book.
Also they could just simply tweak the typechart.

Maybe you can finally start with any pokemon that has 3 stages and is native to the region. Or you can now choose a pokemon from multiple rock-paper-scizor triangles. e. q. You could choose from the classic grass-fire-water or you can choose a pokemon from dark-psychic-ghost triangle.
This would qualify as "the scoop of the century" in my book.
Also they could just simply tweak the typechart.
darkpsychicghostisnotatriangle
7aaskhalsdkgh

but oh my god please hoenn remakes please i know it's not gonna happen but you could tell they were going to when they revamped all of the hoenn sprites for x and y and it's just

give me hoenn or give me death

I really wonder what is SO big that they can call it "the scoop of the century". I mean that would mean bigger then fairy, pokemanz in 3D, double/trple/rotations etc etc. I just wonder if it's a competetive change or a gameplay change, since we are focused on competetive mostly but forget the non competetive aspects sometimes.
That's all marketing. Isn't every new movie out there the best one of the year that all the critics are supposedly raving about when it's released? There's nothing wrong with over-exaggerating the scale of a project if it's a big deal to the creators (which it often is, but you don't see that level of hyperbolic marketing in video game advertisements quite as often as other products)

But why would they talk about the release of a Hoenn game now, when all the Pokémon hype is supposed to be on XY?

EDIT-Serebii says that the url includes a term, "Soritiba" which was trademarked by GF last year. Dernit, why doesn't this help.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Am I the only one who think that it's more likely to be Harmo Knight rather than Pokemon?
So let's shove it aside...

Anyway, the only thing I would miss in RSE is the Pokemon Contest, which I think it's better than the DP ones.
Since Pokemon XY has the Pokemon Amie feature and you can feed it, I think it's likely to have something similar... at least I hope.

When I say don't talk about it because it's not XY related, I meant it
I think it's a Harvest Moon remake, not pokemon related.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I lost my interest and hope in Ruby/Sapphire remakes for a while now, and I hope you guys do understand that Gamefreak isn't following a specific or spontaneous pattern here. They're only made by an unpredictable race called humans after all.

And I would t think too much about that sillhoette as well. It's a collaboration, so there's a high probability it will never be Pokemon-related aside from common development relationships.

I noticed that the three new abilities released so far all encourage fighting in multi battles. Running into a hoard of Pokémon with one Swirlix in it would ruin your chance of putting any of them to sleep, so maybe they have plans to create a stronger double/triple battle metagame with abilities that effect more than one Pokémon. If they release a sizeable number of new techniques along with Parabolic Charge that hit multiple other Pokémon on the field, then it may be a sign that they are really seeking to make battles between more than two Pokémon more exciting.

Why do people keep thinking it is one single scoop that is so large
It seems to me this is magazine speak for a whole bunch of XY info (pokemon, story, new mechanics, blah blah blah)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I had never even considered the possibility of six versus six team battles. It seems like they would definitely be possible with the advent of hoard battles.

I had never even considered the possibility of six versus six team battles. It seems like they would definitely be possible with the advent of hoard battles.
I remember coming up with something as a joke in the first XY thread that involved 6-on-6 team battles where you would have either two sets of three Pokémon that you could switch in-between, or three pairs of two pokemon in a rotation field so you're still fighting with multiple Pokémon each turn.

R_N has a good point. All they might do is reveal 10-15 new Pokémon with a few new things regarding O-Powers and possibly Newtwo's name

R_N has a good point. All they might do is reveal 10-15 new Pokémon with a few new things regarding O-Powers and possibly Newtwo's name
The first thing that came to mind was the September 2010 corocoro, the one with the huge BW info. I think they may have marketed it as an "adventure book" or handguide or an essentials thing? I don't remember. They hyped it up as big though and it was: 20 pokemon (3 of them being the starter middle evolutions), combo moves, a bunch of various new moves, Ghechis, more on N and the dream world, the Striaton gym's gimmick, type advice for Lenora, Poketransfer, and various misc things.

Obviously whatever is shown in August's corocoro could differ wildly, since XY's presentation also differs a lot (starting off with footage at all, for instance)

Including who else among the classic Pokémon would become Fairy-type, I'm assuming? I would flip if Pikachu was Fairy-type, though I don't mind...

Most of the Gen V Fairy Pokemon look like they'd start a "How to Draw" with "First, Draw a Big Circle..." That's really what I'm getting at.
That's how most unevolved Pokemon seem to me. They are largely spherical with additional details, often including a large head to appear cutesy. We have seen a total of 1 evolved Fairy-type, the rest are unevolved or an exception (legendary). There's no point in applying a general rule to the designs we've seen when we have such a small sample size. Just keep in mind that unevolved Pokemon, particularly base form, are often cutesy and largely spherical in nature.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I would flip if Pikachu was Fairy-type, though I don't mind...
"I would be so angry if this happened, though not really..."

As for the biggest scoop of the century? It could be a Steel/Ice Pokémon, a predator known to hunt down and feed on the Vanillite line.

Including who else among the classic Pokémon would become Fairy-type, I'm assuming? I would flip if Pikachu was Fairy-type, though I don't mind...
I think if Pikachu went fairy, they would have said as much by now.

Now Plusle & Minun I could see going part fairy, if only because unlike the other pika-clones, they're pure Fairy egg group.

A wild Huemin appeared!
The Wild Huemin shit themselves due to Lactose Intolerance!
omigodz, you're all losers. VANILLITE ISN'T EVEN ICE CREAM.
He's a shaved-ice baby. Is there lactose in shaved ice? nooooooooo.
(I'm being really sarcastic here, just in case this sounds like me venting)

I'm not antsy about the new issue of Corocoro yet, partly because it isn't due for another month and partly because Pokémon Smash is going to have their own big announcement tomorrow. It's easier to stay moderately curious about the two(or maybe three at the most) things that the show is going to go over instead of philosophizing about the specific contents of the next big magazine reveal.
Actually, the easiest thing to do is decide whether or not the leaker who posted supposed information all over Pokejungle is a legit guy(It's pretty bad in my opinion). The second easiest thing to do after that is have a final verdict on Pokexperto's latest move (at some point, one of the mods over there found out that the possible Japanese names of the starters the Pokexperto "leaked" already had trademarks filed)

I think if Pikachu went fairy, they would have said as much by now.

Now Plusle & Minun I could see going part fairy, if only because unlike the other pika-clones, they're pure Fairy egg group.
What about Pachirisu?

It's possible... though I've speculated that the Horde battles might use the same mechanics as Triples. Only instead of

Foe Foe Foe
Ally Ally Ally

Its

Foe Foe Foe
Foe Ally Foe

Obviously the actual positioning of the Pokemon onscreen differs, but the touch interface and/or the means of determining who is hit by attacks could be the same

So, anybody has a link to the possible stream that might be putting Smash up? I'm actually interested to see if they'll have a battle using the new Pokémon revealed thus far.

The pokemon description of Pancham says when it glares at it is opponents the opponent does not usually get scared. So does it mean parting remark has low accuracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)