Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Every player starts with a little below 1500 and I would assume that's where the average is, but I don't have any sources for that :P
From my experience, we all start at 1007 ACRE, Though it might have been changed recently (don't think so though) I'd say 1500 is below average; as a stable 1:1 win loss gets you around at least 1550 if not 1600 (again it depends on your win:loss for the first few battles)

You can also do /FAQ deviation on Showdown to see more on how your rankchanges

From my experience, we all start at 1007 ACRE, Though it might have been changed recently (don't think so though) I'd say 1500 is below average; as a stable 1:1 win loss gets you around at least 1550 if not 1600 (again it depends on your win:loss for the first few battles)

You can also do /FAQ deviation on Showdown to see more on how your rankchanges

Each player starts off at 1500 Glicko, ACRE is just a byproduct of Glicko.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Ok so i feel I should clear a few things up.

The average ladder ranking (by definition) is 1500 Glicko2, this is the same across all ladders.

ACRE is just Glicko2 - k multiplied by your deviation.
AKA:
ACRE = Glicko2 - k*dev, where K is a constant (around 1.4).

In general measuring skill by Glicko2 is better than ACRE assuming a good number of battles has been played on that account, the more battle, the more accurate (hence why deviation is a thing).

Now as for whats considered "good" as a ranking is subjective and depends on the ladder. Personally if i got lower than 1800 with a team on any ladder I would consider it a complete failure, this may not be the case for other people. On some ladders (such as OU) this value is higher for me.

I recommend instead of trying to base your rank against others to see what is good, try and make personal bests and then try and beat them, make your own records.

If an OU Garchomp is kicked from Showdown for being uber, can it be used in tournamnets?
If those tournaments are OU, then no. If it is an Ubers Tournament then yes.

What is Tier Shift?
Tier Shift is a metagame where pokemon in the lower tiers have boosted base stats. UU has +5 in every stat, RU has +10 and NU has +15. You can read up more in these two threads:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tier-shift-metagame.3479358/

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tier-shift-viability-ranking.3485704/

How do i become a mod on showdown?
Be a good chat user on a consistent basis by helping others, being a good chat presence and following the rules and you will be promoted to voice. Be a good voice and you get promoted to Driver. Be a good driver and you get promoted to Moderator.

How do you get into the ladder on Pokémon Showdown? In doubles vgc 2013, I have 1719 ACRE, 77 GXE and 1816 +/- 68 Glicko2. I have seen plenty of people on the ladder with ratings that are all lower than this, so what is the ladder actually based on?

When you baton pass when you have a substitute, and the opponent has used the move toxic spikes, does the pokemon you baton pass to get poisoned? So in short do toxic spikes go through a substitute?

When you baton pass when you have a substitute, and the opponent has used the move toxic spikes, does the pokemon you baton pass to get poisoned? So in short do toxic spikes go through a substitute?
Toxic Spikes will affect the incoming pokemon that you are passing the substitute to.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Who the hell programed the "suggested EV spreads" for the teambuilder?

I've been wondering why bad sets show up on the PS low ladder and I blame some of it on this function. It recommends I use Max Hp Aerodactyl and Jolly Lucario. I mean do I have to pull up any more examples? I thought to myself -- you can't fuck up Lucario, it's max / max with adamant, and yet it did anyway by giving it jolly. Espeed is already weak as it is, etc.

I could pull up more but I really think that this function needs some fine-tuning.

How do you get into the ladder on Pokémon Showdown? In doubles vgc 2013, I have 1719 ACRE, 77 GXE and 1816 +/- 68 Glicko2. I have seen plenty of people on the ladder with ratings that are all lower than this, so what is the ladder actually based on?
The ladder on Showdown is based on ACRE rank, and the most common issue that prevents someone being on the ladder is deviation. Usually you need below 100 deviation to be on the ladder but there might be a lower deviation requirement; I am not sure though as I don't play doubles VGC.

Could someone help me with an OU singles baton pass team? I want to sweep with Haxorus, because it has mold breaker AND duel chop. So, if you're any good at baton pass teams, can you help me?

Could someone help me with an OU singles baton pass team? I want to sweep with Haxorus, because it has mold breaker AND duel chop. So, if you're any good at baton pass teams, can you help me?
Baton Pass teams are easily countered by a Whirlwind/Roar or a lucky crit, so I don't recommend it. If you insist however:

Ninjask with Speed Boost an Swords Dance boosts speed easily and attack if you play it right. Sub first, then as soon as u begin to get behind a sub, start dancing and BP when low on health or when enough attack is boosted.

(optional) Vaporeon with Iron Defense adds defense; vaporeon is a tank itself, and iron defense can also help.

EDIT: I mean Acid Armour on Vapy :P

Ninjask (speed)
Espeon (cm+magic bounce)
Gorebyss (shell smash)
Vaporeon (acid armor)
Celebi (swords dance)
Haxorus (sweeper)

Can you find anyway to make this team better? Or is it solid?

Ninjask (speed)
Espeon (cm+magic bounce)
Gorebyss (shell smash)
Vaporeon (acid armor)
Celebi (swords dance)
Haxorus (sweeper)

Can you find anyway to make this team better? Or is it solid?
Ninjask carries Swords Dance so no point of Celebi... And I don't see the point of a calm mind boosted Haxorus. You could do Stored Power Espeon after calm mind Celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)