Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Who the hell is stupid enough to leave kyogre in on zekrom?
He said it was a misclick, and also a speed tie but I think he was scarfed and he thought he could ohko me with blizzard ice beam.

He said it was a misclick, and also a speed tie but I think he was scarfed and he thought he could ohko me with blizzard ice beam.
Well anything can happen turn one. I probally would have switched out, but most people expect you to switch out and so they uses a move that isn't bolt strike.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
252+ SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zekrom: 254-300 (74.26 - 87.71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(254, 258, 260, 264, 266, 270, 272, 276, 278, 282, 284, 288, 290, 294, 296, 300)

252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 516-608 (150.87 - 177.77%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(516, 522, 528, 534, 540, 546, 552, 558, 564, 570, 576, 582, 588, 594, 600, 608)

Zekrom would've still won regardless of who won the speed tie, admittedly it would've been heavily dented in the process but considering you still had Ty-tar waiting in the wings, it's too early to lose the weather war on turn 1.

Today I saw a Bounce Keldeo and a Dream Eater Ho-Oh (that tried to use it on Turn 1 against a very much awake Groudon). I still haven't figured out how to rationalize either one.
Well, clearly, Keldeo needs flying-type coverage to counter all those pesky grass types in the Ubers metagame. As for Ho-oh, it needs good Psychic type coverage against all the Weezings you see around, and those lazy things often just fall asleep on their own.

Inverted Darkness's team:Darkrai / Rayquaza / Deoxys-Speed / Arceus-* / Palkia / Ho-Oh
darkkevin725's team:Heatran / Spiritomb / Drifblim / Electivire / Kyogre / Metagross
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by Inverted Darkness)
darkkevin725: oh legendarys, u suck ass nuts

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Inverted Darkness's team:Darkrai / Rayquaza / Deoxys-Speed / Arceus-* / Palkia / Ho-Oh
darkkevin725's team:Heatran / Spiritomb / Drifblim / Electivire / Kyogre / Metagross
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by Inverted Darkness)
darkkevin725: oh legendarys, u suck ass nuts
B/c Kyogre and Heatran aren't legendaries /).-

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Scarftwo, Scarf Zekrom, Scarf Kyurem-B on the same team. The sad part is, it actually beat me (mainly due to surprise factor, my team having no steel types and an Outrage crit that killed Grassceus).

Also random weather sweepers without weather support.

One team had (I'm assuming, based on 3 of the Pokemon's items activating) a gem on each Pokemon. I think the reasoning was that if each Pokemon gets a OHKO you never lose. The most interesting one was a dragon gem outrage from Giratina-A. Unprecedented power.

Scarftwo, Scarf Zekrom, Scarf Kyurem-B on the same team. The sad part is, it actually beat me (mainly due to surprise factor, my team having no steel types and an Outrage crit that killed Grassceus).
That guy's thought process is an interesting one to imagine... "Okay, so I have one physically powerful but semi-slow scarfer on my team in Zekrom. What should I put in next? Oh, I know, how about another! Nothing short of a Flygon can beat me now!"

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man, I normally wouldn't post an entire battle, but this just had so much crap in it that I may as well: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-40557066

And yes, I know I was using some stupid sets too, but that's for this week's challenge so I can get away with it =)

Some highlights:

Arceus used Draco Meteor!
A critical hit! The foe's Arceus-Ghost lost 60.2% of its health!
Groudon used Thunder!
It's super effective! The foe's Ho-Oh lost 31.3% of its health!

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Today I faced a scarfed Arceus. Needless to say, my mighty Deoxys-A fell to its Outrage.

Latias with Life Orb.

Air Balloon Rotom-fan.
OH NOES
CAN'T GET HIT BY GROUND MOVES
it has frickin levitate, it's flying type, with an air balloon
THE FUCK

Man, I normally wouldn't post an entire battle, but this just had so much crap in it that I may as well: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-40557066

And yes, I know I was using some stupid sets too, but that's for this week's challenge so I can get away with it =)

Some highlights:
Not to mention how surprisingly strong Heatran is:
The foe's Heatran used Earthquake!
A critical hit! It's super effective! Zekrom lost 72.1% of its health!
The funny thing is, if he hadn't forgotten that Turboblaze negates Flash Fire he would have won xx​

Omastar used Ice Beam! A critical hit! It's super effective! The foe's Groudon hung on using its Focus Sash! The foe's Groudon lost 99% of its health.

Ugh, Omastar had that :(.

Headbutt Blissey

Blank Sent out Darkrai

MrKijani sent out Genesect

Genesect used U-Turn. It's super-effective!

Darkrai lost 100% of it's health. Darkrai Fainted!

Genesect went back to MrKijani.

MrKijani sent out Ferrothorn.

Blank sent out Blissey.

Blissey used Headbutt.

Ferrothorn lost 1% of it's health.

Yeah that one was fun. And other then that Headbutt on Blissey nothing was strange about his team.

Another one I just ran into.

Scarf Deoxys-S....... without Trick. Need for speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)