When push comes to Chomp

Welcome to my team team! Originally biased on dragmag with garchomp and kyurem-b, the team developed to be more balanced around it's name sake - garchomp.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Specialy defensive heatran was suggested by funkosaurous. It acts as the teams check to sun tam and in addition to beating up steel types, which may otherwise cause the team grief. The specially defensive variant allows him to act as a checks to other threats such as latios, which otherwise, may put a strain on scizor.

Keldeo@choice scarf

timid
252 special attack 252 speed 6hp
-Hydro Pump
-Icy wind
-Hidden Power Electric
-Sacred Sword

I wanted a water type, not weak to dark, I also wanted a fighting type for the team and finally I wanted a solid choice scarf user, also not weak to dark. Keldeo was the natural choice for the role. Keldeo's solid 129 special attack, great stabs and 108 speed, make him a force to be reckoned with in the revenge killer department. keldeo deal with revenging threats such as dd dragons, terrkions, kyurems ect. ect. Evs are standard and so is the chosen moves. Hidden pwoer electric is beign considered to deal with gyarados who poses a threat to the team.

Amoongus@Black sludge

252 Hp 252 Special Defence 6 Special Attack
Calm
-Spore
-Clear smog
-Giga Drain
-Stun Spore

My check/counter to most keldeo sets, as well as my special grass wall for the team. Amoongus was origonally a celebi, but I wnated to minimise any issue I had with scizor and tyranitar. In addition amoongus can present opertunities for which garchomp can set up and sweep while a counter is crippled by paralysis or speed. The move set is standard and the eves are to max special bulkiness and are subject to change.

Scizor@Choice Band

248 Hp 252 Attack 8 Speed
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Super Power

Scizor is my steel and check to threats, such as Rp terrakion, dragon ect. Choice band set was chosen to get the job done with instant raw power and he also acts as a potential great lure for garchomp as magnezone and heatran are both easily prayed appon, once scizor u turns out into garchomp, breaking the potential bubble, which would otherwise prevent heatran from being shaken to the core.

Hippowdon@leftovers

252 Hp 252 Defence 6 Special Defence
Impish
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Whirlwind
-Stealth Rock

Originally I had tyranitar here, but hippowdown seemed like a better choice with scizor capible of dealing with the lati, ridding the team of the weaknesses to which a tyranitar brings, while maintaining the key points of sand stream an Sr rock. Hippowdown acts as a sturdy physical wall against threats such as terrakion, sets up sand for a more preferred weather and SR for the team as standard. Wirrlwind is chosen to prevent special set up sweepers such as keldeo set up on hippowdon with impunity.

Garchomp@leftovers

252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Hp
Jolly
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Swords Dance

Garchomp, the so called name sake of the team! Garchomp untilise support from the rest of the team, to use his greta stab moves, sub and swords dance to finnish off enemy teams with out their steel metal birdyies that owuld otherwise laugh at this set. The set is simple standard sub sd, sub to prevent status and hide behind as somethign switches out, sd to bring your attack to insane levels, dragon claw for reliable stab an earthquake for earthquake. Jolly naturally for the extra speed as power will be granted from the SD.

Hi,

Nice team. From what I can see, I feel that Sun teams can be quite a thorn in your side. The combination of Venusaur and Volcarona can be rather dangerous for you to face and if they manage to set up, it could be Good Game right then and there. Looking at your team, Gothitelle doesn't seem to be doing much for it. On the off-chance it traps something, it ends up becoming setup-bait for something else, or gets Pursuit trapped. Also, it isn't really efficient in dealing with Steel types and, to be honest, your team really doesn't need to trap Steel types as they aren't a problem for the team at all. With that said, I think that you should replace Gothitelle with a Heatran as it can easily wall those threats with minimal effort needed. Against a Specially Defensive Heatran, a standard Quiver Dance volcarona and standard Growth Venusaur do not stand a chance as each of their best moves to hit Heatran are not very effective. As a plus, Heatran can help your team with special Dragons like Latias or Latios and helps ease the reliance on Scizor for each of them. Anyways, with this change said, good luck.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

sounds good, heatran seems like a much better choice with the removal of kyurem-b and answers the problems mentioned in your paragraph about. Thanks for the rate mate.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Hello

First off, I think you'd benefit from replacing Hippowdon ---> Tyranitar

Tyranitar benefits your team by being able to remove Keldeo's common counters while being a great check to the Latis, which your team is kind of weak to. This makes it easier for Keldeo to sweep, while giving you slightly better defensive synergy. Tyanitar is also a great answer to Life Orb Starmie, which is another Pokemon your team can't take very well. I understand Amoongus would be your solid switch-in, but Ice Beam does a truck load and Psyshock 2HKOs. =/ All of these previous threats are a little tricky to deal with w/o TTar, so this is why it's the better option.

Anyway, here's the set:

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
Trait: Sandstream
evs 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit
-Super Power / Earthquake

Scarf Tar is perfect; outspeeds and pursuit traps Starmie, the Lati twins, and kos celebi before it can use baton pass. Use crunch if you're sure that your opponent won't switch, otherwise pursuit is the better option. Stone Edge KOs Tornadus-T who's kind of annoying to face as well. Super Power is there for Hydriegon and such. Earthquake can work really nice if you need something to revenge-kill Jirachi though.

The next change I'd advise is Garchomp ----> Landorus-T

Landorus-T works as a nice physical wall in replacement of Hippowdon and has excellent offensive presence. I think it's a better change because you need something to tank strong Fighting-type moves and Amoongus is more of a special wall.

Landorus-T@Leftovers
evs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn

This is the standard set onsite. I know Garchomp is a favorite of your, but you need something that can deal with the above threats more easily (Tyranitar) and a physical wall with offensive presence (Landorus-T). Landorus-T is an ideal replacement for Hippowdon given its ability to check Terrakion and friends. It sets up rocks, hits hard, and can grab momentum with U-turn.

Good luck with your team.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm seeing a bit of a Gyarados weakness on this team, but thankfully it looks a little easy to fix. Gyarados can come in on things like Scizor or a Heatran from a predicted Protect switch and proceed to threaten your team while you have to resort to tanking hits with bulkier pokemon or phazing with Hippowdon, and relying heavily on residual damage to chip its health down. Waterfall + Bounce in particular seems pretty difficult for your team to face -- I guess you could predict a Bounce and go straight to Heatran while you Toxic as it Bounces, but that is by no means a reliable way to deal with Gyarados.

Physically defensive Rest Gyarados also seems very annoying to face as well, but that's not nearly as threatening as the Dragon Dance variants that are much more common and threatening at an instant. I like the synergy and flow of this balanced sand team so I don't want to change much more than what has already been suggested (Heatran helps greatly btw), so I'd just recommend you put HP Electric on Keldeo over HP Ice, while replacing either Hydro Pump or Surf with Icy Wind to compensate for the loss in an ice move.

Icy Wind is a good way to deal with Dragons when you are running another type of Hidden Power, and it also makes a great way for you to get your Garchomp going. For example, predict that a Latias is coming in your Keldeo, and you Icy Wind. Now, if you can bring your Garchomp in safely, you can outspeed Latias and threaten it out, givng you a free turn to set up.

Anyway, good luck with this team, hope I helped.

Hello

First off, I think you'd benefit from replacing Hippowdon ---> Tyranitar

Tyranitar benefits your team by being able to remove Keldeo's common counters while being a great check to the Latis, which your team is kind of weak to. This makes it easier for Keldeo to sweep, while giving you slightly better defensive synergy. Tyanitar is also a great answer to Life Orb Starmie, which is another Pokemon your team can't take very well. I understand Amoongus would be your solid switch-in, but Ice Beam does a truck load and Psyshock 2HKOs. =/ All of these previous threats are a little tricky to deal with w/o TTar, so this is why it's the better option.

Anyway, here's the set:

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
Trait: Sandstream
evs 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit
-Super Power / Earthquake

Scarf Tar is perfect; outspeeds and pursuit traps Starmie, the Lati twins, and kos celebi before it can use baton pass. Use crunch if you're sure that your opponent won't switch, otherwise pursuit is the better option. Stone Edge KOs Tornadus-T who's kind of annoying to face as well. Super Power is there for Hydriegon and such. Earthquake can work really nice if you need something to revenge-kill Jirachi though.

The next change I'd advise is Garchomp ----> Landorus-T

Landorus-T works as a nice physical wall in replacement of Hippowdon and has excellent offensive presence. I think it's a better change because you need something to tank strong Fighting-type moves and Amoongus is more of a special wall.

Landorus-T@Leftovers
evs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn

This is the standard set onsite. I know Garchomp is a favorite of your, but you need something that can deal with the above threats more easily (Tyranitar) and a physical wall with offensive presence (Landorus-T). Landorus-T is an ideal replacement for Hippowdon given its ability to check Terrakion and friends. It sets up rocks, hits hard, and can grab momentum with U-turn.

Good luck with your team.
It's not that garchomp is my favourite, it's just he is the whole point of the team and landerous was very tempting in the team building, but that whole 4x ice weaknes on 2 pokemon, made it impossible, as it stands at the moment i canot remov garchomp, it would just defy the point of the team. Thank you for your help through.

plus i'll take your suggestion and use hp electric and icy wind over surf and hp ice.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey malomyotismon, nice team you have here! The above suggestions of Specially Defensive Heatran and HP Electric Keldeo are both very good and help to patch up a good amount of weaknesses on your team so my suggestion is just going to be a quick one. Anyways, since this team is based around a Garchomp sweep, I think you should change the item on your set to give you more sweeping potential. Changing Leftovers to Salac Berry on Garchomp will allow it to boost its speed and its Attack at the same time, making it a totally fearsome sweeper. Due to the fast nature of the metagame and Garchomp's subpar natural speed stat I think this change will help you pull off a lot more Garchomp sweeps.

Hope I helped! Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)